Pharm Tech Minutes 2015.06.19
- 1 Meeting details
- 2 09:00 - 09:30 Welcome
- 3 9:30 - 10:30 Supply of Healthcare Products
- 4 10:30 - 11:15 Medication Documentation, and Management Concepts and Definitions
- 5 11:30 - 12:00 Additions to CMPD - Workflows, statement and administration
- 6 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 7 14:00 - 14:30 Planning Committee review of strategy and vision
- 8 14:30 - 15:00 ISO/TC 215/WG6: DTS 17523 review
- 9 15:00 - 15:15 Break
- 10 15:15 - 15:45 Planning season 2015-2016
- 11 15:45 - 16:00 Action items
- 12 18:00 Adjourn
Friday, 19 June 2014, 9:00 CET
Chania General Hospital Meeting room number 300.15
Meeting number: 958 274 394
- +33 17091 8646 France toll
- 0800-9-19312 France toll free
Having trouble dialing in? Try these backup numbers:
- 0800-051-3810 Call-in toll-free number (UK)
- +44-203-478-5289 Call-in toll number (UK)
Call-in Numbers: Global Call-in numbers
Access code: 958 274 394
09:00 - 09:30 Welcome
- Jacqueline Surugue
- Stephane Spahni
- Jurgen Brandstatter
- Christoff Gessner
- Michael Tan
- Leonidas Tzimis
- Marc Robberecht ( via Webex).
- Angela Merzweiler ( via Webex).
- NCPDP update and alignment strategy
- Memo of Understanding
- NCPDP wishes to export their standards such as the RXnorm
- could be opportunity for IHE Pharmacy to expand our profiles in the USA
- could also be a threat because of unequal strength of organizations. NCPDP is a commercial company with their own employees.
- Will they refer to an IHE standard? NCPDP will probably not wait for IHE if they need a standard.
- IHE is not in favor to adopt the US standards and relabel it as a IHE Pharmacy profile.
- Should focus on the long term cooperation and create understanding.
- Also identify issues, double work, resolve differences
- Explore what IHE and NCPDP could collaborate on.
- Should IHE USA be involved? No, IHE USA is for the deployment. SDO should talk to SDO.
- The focus group are the co-chairs plus Jacqueline.
- IHE should write down our thoughts on the collaboration.
9:30 - 10:30 Supply of Healthcare Products
- White paper status
- The white paper is published.
- The document is quite large. Suggestion to move the use cases to a seperate section 2.( action Jose)
- Conference calls will be scheduled biweekly.
- A process step is the pre-order where the buyer asks a vendor for information.
- This could also be used to inform satellite pharmacies to the central hospital supply.
- On the normal order add the time limit as a functional requirement.
- Matching with the invoice.
- Also returning goods to the supplier.
- Could lead to reimbursement of the invoice
- Or replacement of the returned goods.
- There are many variations in the flow. Be aware that this should remain flexible.
- slides to be added to the minutes (action Jose)
- FHIR resources from orders and observations needed to be more flexible and robust
10:30 - 11:15 Medication Documentation, and Management Concepts and Definitions
- Document "Medication Management Related Concepts and Definitions" (Michael/Stephen)
- Word-Doc version (with comments of Leonidas and Jose)
- This document has gone into ballot at ISO TC215. It is an informative Technical Report
- Comments should be submitted through ISO. They will forward it to the project leader (Michael).
- Projectleader will form an expert group to discuss and resolve the comments.
- Comments from Jose and Leonidas also need to be submitted through the normal procedure.
- Michael will inform on the time lines and deadlines for the ballot comments.
- Jose will continue with the whitepaper of the medication data capture.
- This document will also define which data to capture and how they are stored in various sources.
- Jacqueline suggests to provide use cases.
11:30 - 12:00 Additions to CMPD - Workflows, statement and administration
- Document "Workflow MTP - PRE - DIS - PADV" ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Pharmacy/yr6_2014-2015/Technical_Committee/Profiles/MedicationTreatmentPlan,%20MTP/workflow%20MTP%20-%20PRE%20-%20DIS%20-%20PADV%20-%20discussion.pptx
- PML/PRE profile: representation of the (paper) prescription (multiple prescriptions together on the same document)
- Next steps (CPs)
- Medication Statements
- Medication Administration
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
14:00 - 14:30 Planning Committee review of strategy and vision
- Review of roadmap
14:30 - 15:00 ISO/TC 215/WG6: DTS 17523 review
15:00 - 15:15 Break
15:15 - 15:45 Planning season 2015-2016
15:45 - 16:00 Action items
- Other remaining action items