Pharm Tech Agenda 2015.08.12
From IHE Wiki
Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 15:00 CET/CEST
Meeting number: 954 257 460
JOIN BY PHONE
+33 17091 8646 France toll
0800-9-19312 France toll free
Call-in Numbers: Global Call-in numbers
Access code: 954 257 460
- Recap from last webex
- Relevant updates from FHIR
- Continuing the discussion - Goal is to reach a point where we can start to define actors and start checking the FHIR resources and determine if it is consistent with HMW / CMPD.
Recap from last webex:
- We agreed with a few aspects in the model outlined in the PPT:
- Medication "Ordering" is a set of activities that we may aggregate for consistency (We may use a single type of resource for these activities). It includes:
- Planning (e.g. "draft" prescription),
- ... or other ordering that is the same as prescribing? Like a nurse's "prescription"?
- Order review?
- "Order Review" may be a better candidate than "Pharmaceutical Advice".
- "Medication Dispense" may include several activities. At this moment we are not making a distinction.
- Administration actor may be best called Administration Performer
- Out of the discussion were:
- * "Prescription Management" - the mechanisms to enable that a prescription can be understood as "valid for dispense" etc. are at this moment left out of the discussion. Maybe in or out of scope - that is not decided yet.
- ADE Reporting and post-administration events.
- Medication Statements by a patient
- Medication Lists
- Medication Catalog - how different actors are prepared to share names and attributes of medications.
- Supply aspects other than the dispensing
Relevant updates on FHIR:
- Medication Prescription is being renamed to MedicationOrder
- This is compatible with the suggestion to use one single resource for different orders.
- Prescription statuses are beign discussed - Prescription order status changes like "draft" or "entered in error", and NOT overall workflow status like "completed".
- Identification of medication has been reviewed.
- Scope: This being for FHIR, do we want to stick to a scope (e.g. in-country) or prepare for cross-country?
- Decision: The profile should be prepared for the scope of CMPD and HMW; we shall not focus on the specifics to make it e.g. cross-country.