Patient Care Coordination
IHE Patient Care Coordination (PCC) domain was established in July 2005 to deal with integration issues that cross providers, patient problems or time. It deals with general clinical care aspects such as document exchange, order processing, and coordination with other specialty domains. PCC also addresses workflows that are common to multiple specialty areas and the integration needs of specialty areas that do not have a separate domain within IHE.
The Patient Care Coordination Domain is sponsored by:
- Quick Links
- Patient Care Coordination Planning Committee
- Patient Care Coordination Technical Committee
- Nursing Subcommittee
- PCC Profiles
- PCC Technical Framework
- Nursing Subcommittee Proposal
- Development Timeline
- Change Proposals
- RSNA Calendar
- PCC Face to Face Agendas and Minutes
- How to use the FTP site
- How to write HL7 CDA Level 3 Templates
A detailed event calendar for the IT Infrastructure Committees can be found the master IHE.net calendar.
Committee Activities for 2010-2011 Cycle
- Feb 1st-4th, 2010: Tech Committee face to face - Review completion of Volume 1 work
- Apr 26th-29th, 2010: Tech Committee face to face - Review completion of Volume 2 work, publish for Public Comment
- June 1st-July 1st, 2010: Public comment period
- July 12th-July 15th, 2010: Tech Committee face to face - Review public comments, publish for Trial Implementation
Current Profile Work
- Nursing e-Summary (Nursing Subcommittee)
- Newborn Discharge Summary (NDS)
- Postpartum Visit Summary (PPVS)
- Antepartum Record (APR)/Labor and Delivery Record (LDR) (continuation of work from previous years
- Patient Centered Coordination Plan (PCCP)
Committee Activities in Prior Years
- PCC Committee Activities in 2009-2010
- PCC Committee Activities in 2008-2009
- PCC Committee Activities in 2007-2008
- PCC Committee Activities in 2006-2007
As a Clinician / Patient Advocate
Get involved in the planning committee. This is where the clinical problems are discussed and prioritized. The planning committee is an open group and is interested in having your input! Bring us your interoperability problems! You can also help by participating in the himss showcase scenario definitions.
You can do this by:
- Send us a note at email@example.com saying you’re interested so we can get you on the list-serves.
- Come to face to face meetings, and attend the telephone conferences.
- Submit your profile proposals by:
- Fill out this PCC Profile Proposal Template.
- Submit the propsal draft to us.
- Attend the October planning meeting to help clarify and prioritize your proposal
- Follow up by submitting a formal proposal
- Attend the joint planning/technical meeting to explain your idea to the technical committee
- Any additional resources you can provide toward the problem will help prioritize getting your proposal solidified more quickly.
As a Hospital Administrator
In addition to getting involved in the planning committee, hold your vendor accountable. Put a statement in your rfp that indicates you want the vendor to support the actor in the profile you desire.
As an Implementer
Get involved in the Technical Committee. Help make sure profiles are feasible and will work for you. Implement the profile, and come experience the Connectathon - send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org saying you’re interested so we can get you on the list-serves.
Demonstrations & Presentations
|2010||Atlanta, GA||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2009||Burlington, VT||Vermont Information Technology Leaders||Vermont Infomation Technology Leaders (VITL) Summit|
|2009||Atlanta, GA||Public Health Information Network||Public Health Information Network (PHIN) Conference|
|2009||Chicago, IL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2008||Atlanta, GA||Public Health Information Network||Public Health Information Network (PHIN) Conference|
|2008||Orlando, FL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2007.02.25-2006-03.01||New Orleans, LA||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
- PCC Vocabulary Registry and Data Dictionary
- Guidelines for Profile Developers
This page is based on the Domain Template.