Patient Care Coordination
IHE Patient Care Coordination (PCC) domain was established in July 2005 to deal with integration issues that cross providers, patient problems or time. It deals with general clinical care aspects such as document exchange, order processing, and coordination with other specialty domains. PCC also addresses workflows that are common to multiple specialty areas and the integration needs of specialty areas that do not have a separate domain within IHE.
- PCC Vision
The vision of Patient Care Coordination is to continually improve patient outcomes through the use of technology connecting patients and their care providers across healthcare disciplines and care paths.
- PCC Mission
The mission of Patient Care Coordination is to develop and maintain interoperability profiles to support coordination of care for patients where care crosses providers, patient conditions and health concerns, or time.
The Patient Care Coordination Domain is sponsored by:
- Quick Links
- Patient Care Coordination Planning Committee
- Patient Care Coordination Technical Committee
- Nursing Subcommittee
- PCC Profiles
- PCC Technical Framework
- Nursing Subcommittee Proposal
- Roadmap and Strategic Goals
- PCC Development Cycle
- Change Proposals
- PCC Face to Face Agendas and Minutes
- PCC Profile Deprecation (includes status on profiles considered for deprecation)
- How to Guides
A schedule of upcoming PCC activities can be found here
Committee Activities for 2019-2020 Cycle
Committee Activities in Prior Years
- PCC Committee Activities in 2018-2019
- PCC Committee Activities in 2017-2018
- PCC Committee Activities in 2016-2017
- PCC Committee Activities in 2015-2016
- PCC Committee Activities in 2014-2015
- PCC Committee Activities in 2013-2014
- PCC Committee Activities in 2012-2013
- PCC Committee Activities in 2011-2012
- PCC Committee Activities in 2010-2011
- PCC Committee Activities in 2009-2010
- PCC Committee Activities in 2008-2009
- PCC Committee Activities in 2007-2008
- PCC Committee Activities in 2006-2007
As a Clinician / Patient Advocate
Get involved in the planning committee. This is where the clinical problems are discussed and prioritized. The planning committee is an open group and is interested in having your input! Bring us your interoperability problems! You can also help by participating in the himss showcase scenario definitions.
You can do this by:
- Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org saying you’re interested so we can get you on the list-serves.
- Come to face to face meetings, and attend the telephone conferences.
- Submit your profile proposals by:
- Fill out this PCC Profile Proposal Template.
- Submit the propsal draft to us.
- Attend the October planning meeting to help clarify and prioritize your proposal
- Follow up by submitting a formal proposal
- Attend the joint planning/technical meeting to explain your idea to the technical committee
- Any additional resources you can provide toward the problem will help prioritize getting your proposal solidified more quickly.
As a Hospital Administrator
In addition to getting involved in the planning committee, hold your vendor accountable. Put a statement in your rfp that indicates you want the vendor to support the actor in the profile you desire.
As an Implementer
Get involved in the Technical Committee. Help make sure profiles are feasible and will work for you. Implement the profile, and come experience the Connectathon - send us a note at email@example.com saying you’re interested so we can get you on the list-serves.
Demonstrations & Presentations
|2016||Las Vegas, NV||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2015||Chicago, IL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2014||Orlando, FL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2013||New Orleans, LA||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2012||Las Vegas, NV||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2011||Orlando, FL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2010||Atlanta, GA||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2009||Burlington, VT||Vermont Information Technology Leaders||Vermont Infomation Technology Leaders (VITL) Summit|
|2009||Atlanta, GA||Public Health Information Network||Public Health Information Network (PHIN) Conference|
|2009||Chicago, IL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2008||Atlanta, GA||Public Health Information Network||Public Health Information Network (PHIN) Conference|
|2008||Orlando, FL||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
|2007.02.25-2006-03.01||New Orleans, LA||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase||HIMSS Interoperability Showcase|
- PCC Vocabulary Registry and Data Dictionary
- Resources for Authors/Editors
- Guidelines for Profile Developers
- Guidance on writing Profiles of FHIR
- GitHub repository
- PCC GitHub repository
This page is based on the Domain Template.