PHARM Strategic Planning
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page documents the activities of the IHE Pharmacy (PHARM) domain in doing strategic planning.
The PHARM domain currently plans to work in the following areas:
- Promote widespread adoption and implementation of IHE Pharmacy developed profiles by ...
- Marketing and promoting the profiles globally
- Reaching out for national/regional e-Prescription programs in order to
- (1) learn requirements and demands which lead to developments within IHE Pharmacy and
- (2) stimulate leveraging of IHE Pharmacy profiles as basis for their national specifications
- Improve information exchange between healthcare providers and organizations that depend on Pharmacy related workflows and processes
- Develop ways to automate collaborative workflow between physicians and pharmacists in both community and hospital pharmacy environment
- Establishing and maintaining collaboration to ...
- other IHE domains
- HL7 Pharmacy
- ISO TC215 WG6 Pharmacy
The committee has defined the following strategic goals:
- We want to define a complete set of connectivity services for exchanging medication information based on FHIR (Prescribing, Dispensing, Administration, Adverse event reporting etc.)
- We want to define a complete set of connectivity services for medication supply information
The PHARM domain has defined the following categories to organize the profiles it has published so far.
|Category||Description||Deliverables (Profiles, Whitepapers, etc.)||Areas of expertise||Areas of outreach|
|Common||Overall medication process management, covering the whole spectrum of use-cases from regulatory agencies, medication in clincal workflows up to supply of medication.||IHE Pharmacy White Paper v1.3.3||Medication Management, Medication formulary, Coding systems, Identifiers and structure of product and substance identification||HL7 Pharmacy, ISO TC215 WG3 and WG6, International|
|Community Pharmacy||Profiles in the Community Pharmacy category support the ability to handle the entire workflow from the act of the planning and prescribing of a medication to the dispense of the medication to the patient (e.g. at a pharmacy) in a non-hospital environment (primary care). This includes the ability to submit, locate/list and retrieve patient specific prescription, pharmaceutical advice and dispense information, which is entirely based on the HL7 CDA standard.||CMPD, PRE, PADV, DIS, PML, MTP||Medication Prescription and Dispense workflow, HL7 CDA, HL7 Pharmacy CMETs, European epSOS project||HL7 Pharmacy, epSOS, International|
|Hospital Pharmacy||Profiles in the Hospital Pharmacy category support the ability to handle the entire workflow from the act of the prescription of a medication to the administration of the medication to the patient (e.g. by a nurse) in a hospital environment, which is entirely based on HL7 v2 messaging standards.||HMW||Pharmacy workflow in hospital environment, HL7v2 messaging||HL7 Pharmacy, International|
|Mobile Medication Management||Profiles for the management of medication on mobile devices based on HL7 FHIR standards.||Mobile recording of the medication administration act, FHIR, Barcoding||HL7, GS1|
|Supply Chain||Materials concerning Supply of products in Healthcare considering traceability, order management, inventory management, product recalls, barcodes, etc.||||Supply of products in Healthcare considering traceability, order management, inventory management, product recalls, barcodes, etc.||HL7International, GS1, ISO TC215 WG6, IHE PCC, IHE ITI|
The following table describes the liaisons from PHARM to other IHE domains.
Domain Committee Liaison Reports
|ISO TC215 WG6 "Pharmacy and Medicines Business"||Jose Costa Teixeira|
|HL7 Workflow and HL7 Pharmacy||Jose Costa Teixeira|
|Information Technology Infrastructure (ITI)||Not yet assigned|
|Patient Care Coordination (PCC)||Michael Tan|
|Patient Care Devices (PCD)||Not yet assigned|
|Quality, Research, Public Health (QRPH)*|
Note: Domains marked with * have been identified for future liaisons
Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group