PCD Technical Committee Action Items

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

To see changes between current and last(or any earlier) versions of the action item list, click the history tab at the top of the page, select versions to compare and click compare command.

Significant recent changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Items 60 - 69 Are Closed

Items 70-79 Are Closed

Items 80-89

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments

82 PCD OIDs & URNs (Also see # 153) Todd, John Rhoads John Garguilo 2013.10.09 OPEN For history see history tab.

There is an IHE PCD OID page. The IHE Domain Coordination Committee has had a very active discussion re. the management of OIDs within IHE. OIDs will be available when needed. Dec. 9, 2009: Robert reported no news; change to Feb. 4. August 31, 2010: John Garguilo edited action item 67 which needs to follow the management principles established for this action item - 82. See OID page: [[1]]. April 6, 2011: Refers to IHE GForge. The next step is to document its usage. Change date to May 31. August 17, 2011: Change date to Oct. 18. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to April 23. July 23. 2012: John Garguilo has updated the Wiki page. He noted that some are finding their way into the TF. Some documents have two OIDs to address the need for a hierarchical structure. Sept. 5, 2012: John Garguilo plans to update this in time for the F2F. Nov. 12, 2012: Change date to Dec. 31, 2012. Jan. 9, 2012: John Garguilo asked that members review the PCD OID page (linked from www.ihe.net). He noted that NIST will continue to be more rigorous in testing that OIDs are used in messages. John Garguilo and John Rhoads to update the TF with OID references. He will bring this up at the HL7/IEEE meeting next week. Change date to April 17. Spring 2013 F2F: Michael (West) and John Garguilo to review OID Management documents. Sept. 4, 2013: This and other Action Items will be addressed in the F2F. Change due date to Oct. 9.

Items 90-99

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments

93 Managing Document Versions John Rhoads 2013.10.09 OPEN F2F: research the use of GForge. Feb. 24, 2010: John Rhoads to discuss with Steve Moore. June 30, 2010: John R has received approval to use GForge. Change date to Sept. 30, 2010. April 6, 2011: The next step is to document its usage. Change date to May 31. August 17, 2011: Change date to Oct. 18. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to April 23. Sept. 5, 2012: John Rhoads will post documentation. Paul suggested a Rosetta for document versions. John Garguilo suggested that groupings of events, terminology might be addressed with OIDs. Paul suggested that a VMD can refer to a strict containment tree, and OIDs for VMDs are available from IEEE if needed. Change date to October 19 and add to F2F agenda. Nov. 12, 2012: Change date to Dec. 31, 2012. Jan. 9, 2013: John Rhoads is working on version control. Change date to April 17. Sept. 4, 2013: John Rhoads suggested coordinating with OID definitions. Change due date to Oct. 9. Nov. 5, 2013 IHE PCD needs a better way to control documents other than placing the most recent version on the FTP site. Todd was going to ask Jungers where IHE was with their investigation of @Git. John R suggested a group form to gather our requirements.

Items 100-109

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments

109 Messages Without Patient Demographics John Rhoads Pump WG 2013.10.09 OPEN Wednesday, Oct. 20: Pumps (and other devices) sending device data in absence of patient demographics. (PIV initiated, to be discussed in Nov. 17th TC meeting). April 6, 2010: Jeff summarized the issue as whether PCD-01 requires patient identity. John Rhoads noted that this is related to PCIM and raises questions about archived data. Change lead to John Rhoads and date to May 4. August 17, 2011: Change date to Oct. 18. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to April 23, will relate to PCIM. John Rhoads suggested that benefits, risks and risk mitigation should be provided. Change date to October 19 and add to F2F agenda. Manny to let Jeff know. Nov. 12, 2012: John Rhoads to propose a risk management section addressing this issue, considering enterprise, archiving and other elements. This will be balloted. Change responsibility to John Rhoads. Change date to Mar. 13, 2013. Jan. 9, 2013: John Rhoads will put a draft CP on the F2F agenda. Change due date to Oct. 9.

Items 110-119

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
110 WCM Attributes Paul Schluter Ken Fuchs Nov 6, 2013 OPEN Thursday, Oct. 21: Document ways of representing waveform attributes. Ken suggested similar action for PCD-02. To be discussed Nov 3rd TC meeting. April 6, 2011: Change date to May 11. Add to agenda for the F2F. May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: RTM and IEEE, HL7 for WCM: Paul and Ken took the WCM parameter list to the recent IEEE meeting to seek codes for those attributes currently lacking definition, but this was not addressed. This will be an ongoing effort. Some will need to be maintained as Rosetta and not IEEE terms. John Garguilo noted that terminology life cycles were discussed at the IEEE meeting. It was documented and is available from John. Some new terms begin within the RTM, having term codes of zero and then are submitted to the IEEE. Due June 29 for RTM, September 1 for IEEE. July 23, 2012: Paul indicated that this has been incorporated in the new document. Minor changes and corrections are anticipated. It will be shared with Continua and with the IEEE in September. Sept. 5, 2012: Paul noted that Continua will be implementing more waveforms and something may come from that to help move this forward. Change date to April 1, 2013. Oct. 2, 2013: Change date to Oct. 9. Oct 22, change date to Nov 6 Nov 6 2013: Need numeric codes – Ref ID's are ready. Pefer Jan provide numeric codes. Change date to Nov 20, 2013
118 Implementation Guide John Garguilo December 8, 2013 OPEN May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: John Garguilo will provide a first draft of the Implementation Guide and vendors will be essential contributors. Sept. 5, 2012: Change date to October 19, 2012. Nov. 12, 2012: Change date to March 13, 2013. Jan. 9, 2013: John Garguilo reported Sandra will look at POI supplement as an initial PCD example. John Rhoads noted that an implantation guide is very different than specifications found in the TF. Add Sandra. An example will be provided at the F2F. Change date to April 17. Oct 22, Discussion of progress and planned progress, plan on webex for users in November.Nov 6, 2013: John G – building resources to help implement. Building a guide from the TF, hone in on other items. Will be 2014 Spring f2f Goal – impl gde 0.1 for vol 2. Change date to December 8

Items 120-129

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments

123 IPEC Trigger Event and MDCx terms John Garguilo, Jeff Rinda, Todd Cooper John Garguilo, Jeff Rinda, Pump WG July 10, 2013 OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: IPEC Devise and add a scheme for Trigger Event (while waiting for a future HL7 version [e.g., 2.8, 2.9]. (1) Recommendation to add to OID Wiki page, perhaps with other IHE-PCD local value sets, trigger events, error codes, etc. (Garguilo). (2) (Rinda and team) - capture MDCX terms in what is needed by IEEE - to speed processing/vetting without prolonged waiting. Cochairs 11/15/11: Change date to Dec. 9. July 23. 2012: Change date to September 30. Nov. 12, 2012: Terms have been identified and more will be added. Add Todd as lead. Change date to December 31, 2012. Jan. 9, 2013: Manny to ping Todd. June 18: Would this be a potential F2F topic? Manny to ask Todd. Change date to July 10.
126 RTM/RTMMS: Address Missing Descriptions Paul, John Garguilo 10101a Open OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Consider a 'project' or plan of how to identify descriptors in IEEE/missing - start with a search in RTMMS? Figure out, develop a roadmap plan and resource plan of how to resolve what is not complete or missing. (A) List of terms - but no other fields (not as trivial as one might think…); (B) Looking down the descriptor field, it's non-normative - and thus thin (start w/ a search). Question from Todd, item assigned to Jan Wittenber with help from Sandra? July 23. 2012: Pending notification from IEEE. Change date to August 22. November 7, 2012: IEEE has agreed to the inclusion of IEEE terms in the tables. Pending IEEE to provide official announcement making this available through RTMMS by the end of November. Change Descriptor to “Descriptions”. Jan. 9, 2013: no due date; open. June 19, 2013: New vent terms completed, 57 others and pump terms in process for 10101a. Add 10101a to the participants. July 10, 2013: Paul Schluter announced today’s meeting will address the recent ISO meeting and acceptance of the ventilator terminology. The WG is working on 10101a including infusion pump terms. There will be an opportunity for last minute additions before submission.

Items 130-139

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
132 Conformance Profiles (XML) John Garguilo Robert Flanders October 6, 2013 OPEN January 4, 2012: Develop Performance Profiles that would be used with tools such as SPY, MWB. August 8, 2012: Conformance Profiles: Name should be Conformance Profiles. John Garguilo indicated that this will provide a more exact language making it easier for implementation and testing, removing ambiguity. He will lead discussion at the F2F, with XML or other source. Change due date to Oct. 16. 'Nov. 7, 2012: Change name to Conformance Profiles; Change date to Jan. 30, 2013. July 10, 2013: John Rhoads summarized the project indicating this is very important. Change the date to the October F2F.
135 ACM Recruiting Monroe Monroe, Rob Wilder Nov. 28, 2012 OPEN F2F May 17, 2012: Bob Porterfield, Monroe and Rob will actively recruit ACs and phone companies. Manny to remind them. August 8, 2012: ACM Recruiting: Monroe is working with a vendor to interest them in ACM. This will be a new market for the company. Nov. 7, 2012: Add Rob Wilder and change date to Nov. 28, 2012. July 10, 2013: Monroe reported that we are in need of AC actors and will welcome additional AM actors. Change date to the October F2F.
136 WCM Parameter List Paul Schluter, Ken Fuchs Aug. 7, 2013 OPEN F2F May 18, 2012: Paul and Ken will take the WCM parameter list to the IEEE meeting next week to seek codes for those attributes currently lacking definition. August 8, 2012: WCM Parameter List: In process. July 10, 2013: Ken reported that some attributes remain to be added to 10101. John Rhoads will ask Jan about the status and Paul offered to add them to 10101a if appropriate. Change date to August 7.

Items 140-149

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
140 Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference Ioana John Rhoads OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Assemble the baseline set of standards used by PCD, providing the complete stack or dependency standards/specifications (or pointer to that set). Ioana's suggestion relates to a new user perspective - trying to dive into the specs - what looks deceivingly simple, is not, with layer upon layer. Is this the responsibility of the MDICC? July 10, 2013: John Rhoads announced that HL7 now makes it possible to view their standards for no cost. Monroe noted that the cost for IEEE standards is prohibitive for new and small organizations. PCD will investigate access to base standards. Add John Rhoads. Manny to ping Ioana.
141 Create Matrix Matching Profiles to Standards Ioana Ioana OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Create matrix, possibly in TF Volume 1 matching profiles to referenced standards.
143 Describe HL7 Version Implications John Rhoads, John Garguilo, Todd October 6, 2013 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Add reference to the HL7 list providing the per version relevance and analysis. Develop a separate PCD section to identify and document the impact of HL7 version changes. HL7 2.8: Monroe noted that ACM and IPEC are affected by 2.8. Todd noted that IPEC has an interest in 2.9. Todd suggested that there be a section in the TF that identifies version change impacts. July 10, 2013: Change date to October F2F.

146 VA Participation in Connectathon, Showcase Greg, Ioana Manny July 24, 2013 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Manny will identify people for the VA to talk with. They are looking at 2014; prepare for this. July 10, 2013: Manny to ping Ioana.
147 Edit IPEC Todd 11/14/2012 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Todd described the ability of IPEC to inform Event Communication and the Device Specialization Infusion Pump. Todd will edit the IPEC TI version to include the approved CPs and provide it to Mary to publish.
148 Document ACM in an Implementation Guide Steve Merritt, Monroe July 24, 2013 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Not yet in TF FT. PCD-05 still in. Coordination with Pump WG produced change in PCD-05 to R42 from R41. Other elements have been updated as well. Document in the user's guide from the purchaser's perspective. July 10, 2013: Monroe noted that HIMSS published the Interoperability for Dummies Guide and that IHE and PCD needs to promote to purchasing managers.

Items 150-159

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
150 Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9 Doug, Ioana 12/31/2012 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: For PCIM these could indicate the known missing identification. Ioana believes this should be the responsibility of the developer and the TF can specify how to do this. Added by John G: Real issue is legacy device adapters -more of a gap analysis of what device does NOT support. E.g., Declaring conformance to the delta of what is/not provided by PCD-01 -this would be part of the technical specification. Where would this be defined by the developer? August 21, 2013: Change due date to August 28, 2013
151 Supportive Testing Manny 11/9/2012 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Follow up with Jim St Clair re supportive testing. August 21, 2013: Change due date to August 28, 2013
152 Improve FTP Site John Rhoads Plannng Committee 3/30/2013 OPEN Oct. F2F 2012: Develop document indicating where new documents should go on the ftp site. Consider finding a way to improve navigation to old documents. John Rhoads indicated there’s a Wiki page providing guidance. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013
153 OID Concept Definition (Also see #82) John Garguilo John Rhoads OPEN Dec. 5, 2012: OID structure (and Wiki page): Transaction vs. Interaction levels. Should the OID be defined to the Interaction Level? Where should this be documented (e.g., TF volume 2)? August 21, 2013: Reviewed, leave open

155 Propose Automating Connectathon Documentation Richard Lane Darryl Mellot April 17, 2013 OPEN Feb. 20, 2013: Documentation should be automated; cutting and pasting into Gazelle and the NIST tool was time consuming and potentially error prone. He noted that this would also contribute to the certification process. John Rhoads suggested that PCD discuss the technical issues in depth and prepare a recommendation for the Connectathon leadership. Monroe added that not all messages will be HL7 (e.g., WTCP and IEEE) so the solution should take this into account. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013

157 POI Issues Ioana May 10, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Address issues first with NIST then WG meeting. May 1: Message table structure needs additional columns. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013
158 POI CPs Ioana May 22, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Submit planned CPs. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013

159 POI Rosetta Terms Ioana May 22, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Provide table of corresponding LOINC and IEEE codes. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013

Items 160-169

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
160 CPs from F2F: Discuss and Ballot CP Editors See Email to Editors OPEN Spring 2013 F2F:
(1) Header ACK Submitted by Chris: John Rhoads offered to research the source of the existing requirement in PCD-01. This will be added to a TC agenda and processed accordingly. PCD will seek consistency with PCD-03’s use of ACKs.
(2) Time Zone: Bob and Monroe will prepare the CP to require Time Zone when a time stamp is provided.
(3) Support PCA Device programming in PIV.
(4) Support programming an infusion rate or dose change in PIV.

August 21, 2013: Change to agenda item for fall face to face

161 Connectathon Loss of Connectivity Test Manny PCD Connectathon and Showcase WG August 6, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Manny will add the aluminum foil test (optional) in this cycle. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sep 4, 2013
162 Data Capture Indicator Manny May 22, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Ask the EHR vendors about the current state of affairs. Manny to poll EHR and Interface vendors to learn what is in place. Lab data is likely processed with this in mind. This is not an immediate priority item for solution. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013
163 Error Codes Jeff Rinda, Todd ? OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Should Profiles Include Error Codes? Refer to Pump WG (Jeff and Todd) to ask if there is a reason to retain the existing codes or to handle other than MSA, as alarms. May 1: The general solution will be captured in Rosetta; pump specific items in the ACK referred to the Pump WG in the existing implementation. The Pump WG may wish to add alerts. The goal is consistency and unification between all, using the same values for alarms, alerts. August 21, 2013: Leave open no changes
164 Increase Testing Rigor Manny, Paul Sherman PCD Connectathon and Showcase WG August 6, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Richard Lane noted we don’t test all mandatory items in a profile. Connectathon test should indicate what optional and mandatory elements are tested. West Health is working to automate testing, logging and that will make more time available and provide other benefits. This could be applied to the Virtual Connectathon as well. The Virtual Connectathon is optional and even the Pre-Connectathon (NIST) testing was on the honor system. John Rhoads added that Virtual Connectathons multiple times a year would be beneficial and that traceability to the profile (i.e., this part of the test is based upon this part of the profile) is desirable. August 21, 2013: Change due date to October 2, 2013
165 Traceability of NIST test tool and the TF/Profile Richard and Bob May 22, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Research the traceability between the NIST test tool and the TF/Profile.
166 Enhancing Pre-Connectathon Testing Richard and John Garguilo May 10, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Various components.
167 Versioning and Archiving John Garguilo May 10, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: John Garguilo will follow up on versioning at the HL7/IEEE meeting in Atlanta. John Rhoads suggested that the TC look at archival records in general
168 Documentation and Testing of Additional Risks Todd, John Rhoads May 10, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Monroe recommended that the broader issue of managing risks other than Cybersecurity be brought to the DCC. John Rhoads added that the discussion include reference to risk analysis. Todd indicated that the ITI Security Cookbook is the place where risk management is addressed. There is a clause providing a location to address issues other than security and suggested that John Moerke would be a useful resource. He added that a separate section in the TF would be appropriate. Todd and John Rhoads will initiate a discussion with John Moerke at the Atlanta meeting.

169 Improving Integration Statements Todd, Steve Merritt ? OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: Seek to increase requirements for the IHE DCC lntegration Statement to include mandatory fields; and to address various levels of testing and utilization (e.g., certification). The product registry may lead to a listing of commercially available systems. May 1: Ask Steve to kick off proposal preparation and form tiger team. Richard Lane: Need to consider having participant’s indicate their successful testing of ‘Optional’ or ‘Conditional’ test cases during the Connectathon. This would help support future certification. More importantly, it may assist future purchasers of IHE compliant products in determining if the product is capable of meeting their actual functionality and feature needs. John Rhoads recommended the TC prepare a specific proposal for the DCC. Steve Merritt will be added to initiate the effort. Certification and other elements are involved in the resolution if the IS is to provide all that may be desired.

Items 170-179

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
170 Convert IPEC to EC Todd Cooper May 1, 2013 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: CP to change the name and provide additional changes to convert IPEC to EC. To be completed in time to submit for ballot and TI.
171 Put list of workgroup leaders on PCD wiki Paul Sherman Paul Sherman, Manny OPEN Recommend asking WG chair, Manny or Paul Sherman to join, have ACCE email address on site. (side note – replace @ with 'at' on address)
172 Update Domain CoChair Committee 2014 calendar Manny Furst OPEN IHE 2014 Publication Schedule; PCD to update Domain CoChair Committee 2014 calendar
173 Stakeholder Survey Barrett Barrett, Manny OPEN Stakeholder Survey; Barrett will finalize and send the PC and TC for final review.

174 POI code validation Paul Sherman Paul Sherman, Ioana, Greg, John G OPEN Ask NIST to assemble clinical code validation into existing tests
175 Develop a PCD UDI whitepaper for IHE Doug Pratt Doug Pratt, Paul Schluter, John Rhoads OPEN TC UDI Taskforce: Doug Pratt will lead, Paul Schluter and John Rhoads will help

176 FHIR device profile Manny PC and TC Oct 10, 2013 CLOSED TC will edit profile support ballot at F2F, submit for vote, and get it out. Manny will send to field (Wed) for balloting Thursday. Ballot finalized sent and apporoved
177 Location Services trial implementation Monroe OPEN Develop Location Services trial implementation (draft, ballot, etc.), that could focus on equipment and people.
178 MSH-5 and Connectathon Monroe OPEN When required, PCD will need to come up with a mechanism to populate the fields.

One option: Insert a sentence into the text to emphasize, and have NIST update test to indicate an error.

Indicate to participants in pre-connectathon that this will now be part of the test.

179 IPEC and EC documentation Ken Fuchs Ken Fuchs OPEN Look at IHE.Net and our Wiki to see if IPEC and EC are properly covered there (from Ken's "new topic" Joint PC-TC).

Tracking Related Items, 1-20

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update

VA proposal on PulseOx - write up details / issues to TC (Ioana S./Greg S.). Provide mappings to x73 of what VA has from LOINC & SNOMED CT - VA to encode (encode all information?)

F2F Oct. 2011

DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due

F2F Oct. 2011






Tracking Related Items, 21-40

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update



See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

Links to PCD TC Meetings

Go to most recent/past meetings or next meeting Category: PCD Meeting

Patient Care Device home