PCD Technical Committee Action Items

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 22:31, 26 June 2012 by Efurst (Talk | contribs) (Items 130-139: finish adding Action Items from F2F)

Jump to: navigation, search

See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

To see changes between current and last(or any earlier) versions of the action item list, click the history tab at the top of the page, select versions to compare and click compare command.

Significant recent changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Items 60 - 69 Are Closed

Items 70-79 Are Closed

Items 80-89

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments


82 PCD OIDs & URNs Todd, John Rhoads John Garguilo 2012.04.23 OPEN For history see history tab.

There is an IHE PCD OID page. The IHE Domain Coordination Committee has had a very active discussion re. the management of OIDs within IHE. OIDs will be available when needed. Dec. 9, 2009: Robert reported no news; change to Feb. 4. August 31, 2010: John Garguilo edited action item 67 which needs to follow the management principles established for this action item - 82. See OID page: [[1]]. April 6, 2011: Refers to IHE GForge. The next step is to document its usage. Change date to May 31. August 17, 2011: Change date to Oct. 18. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to April 23.

Items 90-99

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments


93 Managing Document Versions John Rhoads 2012.04.23 OPEN F2F: research the use of GForge. Feb. 24, 2010: John Rhoads to discuss with Steve Moore. June 30, 2010: John R has received approval to use GForge. Change date to Sept. 30, 2010. April 6, 2011: The next step is to document its usage. Change date to May 31. August 17, 2011: Change date to Oct. 18. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to April 23.

Items 100-109

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
108 Prioritize Escalated Alarms Monroe Pattillo ACM WG 2012.04.23 OPEN Wednesday, Oct. 20: ACM - AC will prioritize alarm and communication when messages are escalated. ACM will add a requirement to notify the person receiving an escalated message that the alarm has been escalated and has an associated delay from the initial alarm. The AC may make decisions on how to prioritize and escalate the message. This may have implications for the AM and perhaps AR. April 6, 2010: Change date to May 31. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to Change date to April 23. Todd suggested setting a day aside before the F2F. Manny to ballot the F2F dates – Tues-Fri vs Mon-Tues and devote Monday to the alarm work (ACM WG).


109 Messages Without Patient Demographics Jeff Rinda Pump WG 2012.04.23 OPEN Wednesday, Oct. 20: Pumps (and other devices) sending device data in absence of patient demographics. (PIV initiated, to be discussed in Nov. 17th TC meeting). April 6, 2010: Jeff summarized the issue as whether PCD-01 requires patient identity. John Rhoads noted that this is related to PCIM and raises questions about archived data. Change lead to John Rhoads and date to May 4. August 17, 2011: Change date to Oct. 18. Feb. 8, 2012: Change date to April 23, will relate to PCIM.


Items 110-119

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
110 WCM Attributes Paul Schluter Ken Fuchs December 8, 2010 OPEN Thursday, Oct. 21: Document ways of representing waveform attributes. Ken suggested similar action for PCD-02. To be discussed Nov 3rd TC meeting. April 6, 2011: Change date to May 11. Add to agenda for the F2F. May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: RTM and IEEE, HL7 for WCM: Paul and Ken took the WCM parameter list to the recent IEEE meeting to seek codes for those attributes currently lacking definition, but this was not addressed. This will be an ongoing effort. Some will need to be maintained as Rosetta and not IEEE terms. John Garguilo noted that terminology life cycles were discussed at the IEEE meeting. It was documented and is available from John. Some new terms begin within the RTM, having term codes of zero and then are submitted to the IEEE. Due June 29 for RTM, September 1 for IEEE.


116 IDCO CPs Tom, Nick IDCO WG June 29, 2011 OPEN May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: Tom and Nick will move the CPs to have them available for ballot no later than the end of June. Feb. 8, 2012: John Garguilo reported that there are discrepancies between what was tested and what was published.


117 IDCO Time Stamp WP Tom, Nick IDCO WG, Paul June 29, 2011 OPEN May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: Paul will work with IDCO on the time stamp WP. June 29 for status report. Feb. 8, 2012: Discussion reflected the difficulties and limitations, but there is a desire that IDCO address this.


118 Implementation Guide John Garguilo August 31, 2011 OPEN May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: John Garguilo will provide a first draft of the Implementation Guide and vendors will be essential contributors.


Items 120-129

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
121 ACM ADQ-DDA CP Monroe Pattillo ___ OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Submit a CP around the absence of an AA actor and the option to use the proposed ADQ-DDA actor in place of AA.
122 Wiki Page for Local Information John Garguilo December 9, 2011 OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Add IHE-PCD Wiki page which provides local information - to include 'local' Trigger Events (labels starting with ^Z01). This page should also include other local IHE-PCD information such as local value sets, error codes, etc. Recommendation was to add this information to the existing OID page for IHE-PCD. Cochairs 11/15/11: Change date to Dec. 9
123 IPEC Trigger Event and MDCx terms John Garguilo, Jeff Rinda, Pump WG December 9, 2011 OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: IPEC Devise and add a scheme for Trigger Event (while waiting for a future HL7 version [e.g., 2.8, 2.9]. (1) Recommendation to add to OID Wiki page, perhaps with other IHE-PCD local value sets, trigger events, error codes, etc. (Garguilo). (2) (Rinda and team) - capture MDCX terms in what is needed by IEEE - to speed processing/vetting without prolonged waiting. Cochairs 11/15/11: Change date to Dec. 9
124 WCM Recast Ken Fuchs John Rhoads ___ OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Restructure Document, consider an Actor Option (note: Option has to do w/ profile - e.g., Waveform option for DEC), add changes identified by the test effort (pointed out in Sandra's slides). If possible, demonstrate this work as part of HIMSS '12 'New Directions area' or within a PCD story - possibility to demo/proof of concept WCM at Connectathon and/or Virtual Connectathon. Manny will investigate new directions area at HIMSS12 (see PC action items). Provide a spreadsheet providing list of waveforms, and research waveform types (John Rhoads). Cochairs 11/15/11: Ken suggested that the use of OBR may address several issues by providing context, providing WCM with a structure similar to ACM.
126 RTM/RTMMS: Address Missing Descriptors Paul  ? __ OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Consider a 'project' or plan of how to identify descriptors in IEEE/missing - start with a search in RTMMS? Figure out, develop a roadmap plan and resource plan of how to resolve what is not complete or missing. (A) List of terms - but no other fields (not as trivial as one might think…); (B) Looking down the descriptor field, it's non-normative - and thus thin (start w/ a search). Question from Todd, item assigned to Jan Wittenber with help from Sandra?


128 Harmonization of Security Considerations Todd __ OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Finalize and submit CP - across profiles regarding harmonization of security considerations text. Request more detailed scope from Todd.
129 TF Volume 2 to Include Examples Todd Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders __ OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Consider a change to TF Vol II to include examples of containment sequencing.


Items 130-139

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
130 TF Vol. 2 Issue John Rhoads Nov. 30, 2011 OPEN F2F Oct. 2011: Explore how to (or if) volume 2 needs to explicitly reflect that consumer actors need to gracefully process unknown (but properly formed) data. In other words if a DOC receives WCM OBX’s and doesn’t know how to process them it should continue on and not bomb out. Cochairs Nov. 15, 2011: Moved to TC.
131 Update Technical Framework Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads, Todd Cooper April? OPEN January 4, 2012: Update the Final Text after the 2012 N A Connectathon. Completion in time for Public Comment period, publication in time for the 2013 Connectathon process.
132 Performance Profiles (XML) John Garguilo Robert Flanders  ? OPEN January 4, 2012: Develop Performance Profiles that would be used with tools such as SPY, MWB.


133 - was PC Action Item 138 TF Vol. 2 Issue John Rhoads Nov. 30, 2011 Close F2F Oct. 2011: Explore how to (or if) volume 2 needs to explicitly reflect that consumer actors need to gracefully process unknown (but properly formed) data. In other words if a DOC receives WCM OBX’s and doesn’t know how to process them it should continue on and not bomb out. Cochairs Nov. 15, 2011: Move to TC.
134 DCM Steve Merritt, Manny Furst OPEN F2F May 16, 2012: Paul suggested that Use Cases help promote participation. He suggested adding elements to PCD-01 as a content module for MEM. Consider a "new directions" demonstration of MEM at HIMSS12 and use it to recruit CMMS and RTLS vendors. Manny to lead recruiting of vendors.


135 ACM Recruiting OPEN F2F May 17, 2012: Bob Porterfield, Monroe and Rob will actively recruit ACs and phone companies. Manny to remind them.
136 WCM Parameter List Paul Schluter, Ken Fuchs OPEN F2F May 18, 2012: Paul and Ken will take the WCM parameter list to the IEEE meeting next week to seek codes for those attributes currently lacking definition.
137 PIV: User Approval to Initiate Infusion OPEN F2F May 18, 2012: Brad to ask the Pump WG to consider a CP to add to the technical documentation: the final step is user approval to initiate infusion. June 20, 2012: Paul suggested making this optional as a workflow item to be considered for documentation.
138 Containment John Rhoads OPEN F2F May 18, 2012: John Rhoads will lead further discussion of the device, alarm, event Containment issue. June 20, 2012: This is in process.


139 OPEN


Items 140-149

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
140 OPEN
141 OPEN
142 OPEN
143 OPEN


144 OPEN
145 OPEN


146 OPEN
147 OPEN
148 OPEN


149 OPEN

Items 150-159

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
150 OPEN
151 OPEN
152 OPEN
153 OPEN


154 OPEN
155 OPEN


156 OPEN
157 OPEN
158 OPEN


159 OPEN



Items 160-169

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
160 OPEN
161 OPEN
162 OPEN
163 OPEN


164 OPEN
165 OPEN


166 OPEN
167 OPEN
168 OPEN


169 OPEN



Items 170-179

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
170 OPEN
171 OPEN
172 OPEN
173 OPEN


174 OPEN
175 OPEN


176 OPEN
177 OPEN
178 OPEN


179 OPEN


Tracking Related Items, 1-20

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update
1

VA proposal on PulseOx - write up details / issues to TC (Ioana S./Greg S.). Provide mappings to x73 of what VA has from LOINC & SNOMED CT - VA to encode (encode all information?)

F2F Oct. 2011
2

DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due

F2F Oct. 2011
3
4
5
6
7
8


9


10


11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18


19


20


Tracking Related Items, 21-40

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28


29


30


Links to PCD TC Meetings

Go to most recent/past meetings or next meeting Category: PCD Meeting

Patient Care Device home