PCD Technical Committee Action Items
See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.
To see changes between current and last(or any earlier) versions of the action item list, click the history tab at the top of the page, select versions to compare and click compare command.
Significant recent changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- 1 Items 60 - 69 Are Closed
- 2 Items 70-79 Are Closed
- 3 Items 80-89 are closed
- 4 Items 90-99 are closed
- 5 Items 100-109 are closed
- 6 Items 110-119
- 7 Items 120-129 are Closed
- 8 Items 130-139 are closed
- 9 Items 140-149 are Closed
- 10 Items 150-159 are Closed
- 11 Items 160-169 are Closed
- 12 Items 170-179
- 13 Items 180-189
- 14 Items 190-199
- 15 Tracking Related Items, 1-20
- 16 Tracking Related Items, 21-40
- 17 Links to PCD TC Meetings
Items 60 - 69 Are Closed
Items 70-79 Are Closed
Items 80-89 are closed
Items 90-99 are closed
Items 100-109 are closed
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 118 Implementation Guide John Garguilo Aug 17, 2016 OPEN May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: John Garguilo will provide a first draft of the Implementation Guide and vendors will be essential contributors. Sept. 5, 2012: Change date to October 19, 2012. Nov. 12, 2012: Change date to March 13, 2013. Jan. 9, 2013: John Garguilo reported Sandra will look at POI supplement as an initial PCD example. John Rhoads noted that an implantation guide is very different than specifications found in the TF. Add Sandra. An example will be provided at the F2F. Change date to April 17. Oct 22, Discussion of progress and planned progress, plan on webex for users in November. Nov 6, 2013: John G – building resources to help implement. Building a guide from the TF, hone in on other items. Will be 2014 Spring f2f Goal – impl gde 0.1 for vol 2. Change date to December 8 January 15, 2014: Still working on PCD-01 walk through. Change date to March 26 June 11, 2014: Build a base implementation guide to follow TF. Change date to Sept 24 October 15, 2014: John G can provide an update at F2F, add to agenda. Two parts – how to build software and also documentation.Change date to F2F. Nov 5, 2014: Still in progress, Dec 3, 2014: First pass will be basic structure. Some will be auto-generated. Will need some help to describe constraints and use cases. Once created, it can be reused in other message types. Change date to end of December. Jan 4, 2015: No change, push to February. Feb 11, 2015: Set date to end of March. April 22, 2015: New NIST tool not quite ready, will update when it's ready. Change date to June 10. June 3, 2015: Change due date to July 1 July 1, 2015: Still working on it, change date to August 19. Aug 19, 2015: In progress, change date to Sept 30. Oct 14, 2015: John will update at F2F, There will be some interim work as well. Oct 22, 2015: Ties to Igamt and tcamt work. Trying to implement PCD-01. Will mirror TF Vol 2, provide more focused device specialization guides. Set date to Dec 31.
- Dec 15, 2015: Will likely be a F2F item. Change date to April F2F.
- April 21, 2016: IGANT has come a long way since started. Originally for MU use, plan a more constrained model for IHE. Tuesday discussion on Casc, Gazelle and Casc work leads to a virtual machine. It'll be fairly formal for certification. Monroe has done a good job. The guides are a constrained document, tied closely to Vol 3. Need to constrain the message to tie in to message and device type. Leads to device type specific messages. IGANT still being developed, somewhat recursive. John has a couple of items to resolve before showing it to us, should be soon. Goal - show at HL7 meeting in May. If specs/profiles are done, then can be used to auto-build tools. Helps to support multiple areas, allows 'custom' tool for each need. Eliminates need to interpret. Once base message defined, can easily know how to make your system compliant. Set due date to June 1
- June 1, 2016: NIST team making good progress. Automation should be more visible, helping accuracy. Change to July 6.
- July 6, 2016: Some progress on PCD-01. Gone through IGAMT tool. Using TF V2 to replicate it and start the guide. Can use the guide to build test cases with the TCAMT. Can then create test tools. Can then support other IHE based efforts. He can demo on a later call. IGAMT allows you create a formatted document. Set date to Aug 17.
Items 120-129 are Closed
Items 130-139 are closed
Items 140-149 are Closed
Items 150-159 are Closed
Items 160-169 are Closed
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 170 Convert IPEC to EC Todd Cooper October 21, 2016 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: CP to change the name and provide additional changes to convert IPEC to EC. To be completed in time to submit for ballot and TI. August 6, 2014: Change due date to October 8, 2014 October 15, 2014: Push to next cycle Change due date to F2F for brief discussion (15 Minutes). Dec 17, 2014: Change due date to April 2015 F2F. Jan 7, 2015: Cochairs will come up with a direction and bring up to F2F. June 10, 2015: Set due date to June 17. June 17, 2015: Todd disowned it a bit. EC is a higher scale; use IPEC as a specialty of EC. A small number of generalities would cover them. EC was mostly device to device, don't always require human intervention. Joe will contact Todd to discuss at TC, change due date to August and add to agenda. (Check F2F notes). Aug 5, 2015: Joe will ping Todd again. Change date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Working on IPEC right now. Al working on a sample message, hope to review at F2F. Change to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Do we take it down a notch and put info in framework, and let device specific groups define as needed (IPEC becomes an example of EC)? IPEC principles can provide a base for others to build on. Close this and open another to create common EC material to go into TF. Owner of new AI – IPEC team and John R. What is the need for this material? Would be a template for other equipment types to build on. Change date to Nov 4.
- Nov 4, 2015: Suggest moving this past Connectathon and Showcase. It's a cure with no known disease. Move to April Face to Face. Paul Schluter - May be tied to containment work.
- April 20, 2016: Long history. Communicate items that need to go to people, addressed a lot by ACM. Some device sourced events may be delivered to other systems (such as CMMS). IPEC was a successful limited implementation. Other profile based comms have not been as successful. Todd took it, then ended up with other activities. John Rhoads willing to take over, but will need to be after summer, as he has other projects. More use this as a template. Result a single EC document or a new document using IPEC as a model? Likely leave IPEC as is. Change name from 'Convert' to 'Port IPEC Concepts' Change owner to John R and due date to next F2F.
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 183 CP for WCM and implementation Chris Courville, Paul Schluter WCM Workgroup Aug 3, 2016 OPEN April 4, 2014: August 6, 2014: Paul Sherman will ping Bikram and Chris for any activity. Change date to August 20. Oct 1, 2014: No specific update, they're working on it. Change to F2F. Oct 23, 2014: Progress on integer/second issue. Chris and Paul Sc will update documentation. Change due date to Dec 17, 2014. Jan 2015: Met 2 months ago with some follow-up. Don't need any changes now, maybe in the future. Most work clarifies text. Change due date to TC call in February. April 22, 2015 Meetings underway. CPs expected, but not before F2f, need to be out by July. IDCO looking at waveforms as well. Move to June 10. Per Chris, WCM work is generic for PCD. change owner to Chris, participants to WCM workgroup. IDCO is participating; Paul Schluter hopes to define WCM as a general drop-in module. Move to June 17. July 1, 2015: Two CPs under way for WCM, Once CP approved WCM Trial implementation will need updated. Change due date to July 15. July 15, 2015: No change, move date to to Aug 5. Add Paul Schluter, there are a couple of CPs related to it. Change Date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Paul Schluter is sending out tech notes to broader group. Has more topics to explore, such as representing invalid values. Move to Sep 30. Oct 14, 2015: Most issues resolved, haven't had time to complete. Set to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Will update WCM TI rather than create a CP. Change date to Nov 18.
- Nov 18, 2015: Nothing right now, change date to Dec 31.
Dec 15, 2015: Will likely be a F2F item. Change date to April F2F.
- April 20, 2016: Discussed with IDCO, IDCO is working mostly on waveform and annotating. IDCO doesn't plan on changes for 2016 CN, will be ready for 2017. IDCO is willing to incorporate their work into this work. Paul and Chris will finish the write-up, won't do a CP, will update the profile. Needs delivered to PCD leadership, then to TC for review and submitted. Change due date to August 3.
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
192 FHIR Chris Courville Aug 3, 2016 OPEN PCD is staying in touch with FHIR group. Will also share of C4MI work in this area. July 1, 2015: Addressing comments, on track for next review in August.. Aug 5, 2015: Change date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Change date to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Change date to Dec 31.
- Dec 16, 2015: Will be able to update after Jan HL7 meeting. Make a F2F item. Change date to April F2F.
- April 20, 2016: PCD detailed much of this to C4MI, But C4MI has changed quite a bit. Stefan Schlicting and Stefan Pohlsen at Draeger have worked on this quite a bit. ACM is looking at mACM FHIR activities for information. Will be discussion at May HL7 meetings. Change due date to May PC/TC.
- Discussed with FHIR group at HL7 F2F. Ongoing work, three comments/questions taken care of. ACM will use mACM model for FHIR implementation in current TF to have a single transaction manage both. Some discussion of this, may be a challenge 'blending' FHIR and HL7 V2. Message encoding could be a problem. Will reference mACM profile, not define directly. Change owner to Chris Courville.
- July 6, 2015: Resurrecting a group to work on this. Carry on from some C4MI work. May see a project scope statement. More coming. Set to August TC meeting.
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 John Garguilo Aug 3, 2016 OPEN From 2016 NA Connectathon. Status is in PCD TF v5 Vol2 page 119 at line 2890, but not in NIST Tool which only supports values from HL7 Table 0078. We can suggest table changes to HL7, John will take this to HL7.
April 21, 2016: Values are in TF. John will approach HL7 vocab group at their meeting in two weeks. Anticipates no issue. If not successful, will add XML table. Set to PC&TC meeting May 18.
- May 18, 2016: Couldn't find the term we wanted to add, please send it to John. Change date to June 1. Should be in Vol 2, reference to table 78. Set to next TC meeting.
- June 1, 2016: Change to July 6 TC call.
- July 6, 2016: Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
197 Verify tiny URL values on business cards and welcome letter. Paul Sherman Cochairs Oct 20, 2016 OPEN Recent users of the PCD 'welcome letter' have found dead links, Paul Sherman verified. Monroe recommended checking the business cards as well. Set due date to May 18.
- May 18, 2016: No new activity, set date to June 22, 2016.
- June 1, 2016: Monroe suggested simplifying to a single URL on the cards and welcome messages leading to the PCD wiki page.
- June 22, 2016: Add space for profile and actor on card. Set to Face to Face.
198 OPEN 199 OPEN
Tracking Related Items, 1-20
Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update 1
VA proposal on PulseOx - write up details / issues to TC (Ioana S./Greg S.). Provide mappings to x73 of what VA has from LOINC & SNOMED CT - VA to encode (encode all information?)
F2F Oct. 2011 2
DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due
F2F Oct. 2011 3 4 5 6 7 8
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Tracking Related Items, 21-40
Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.
Links to PCD TC Meetings
Go to most recent/past meetings or next meeting Category: PCD Meeting
Patient Care Device home