Difference between revisions of "PCD Technical Committee Action Items"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Items 170-179)
(Items 170-179)
Line 107: Line 107:
 
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Nov 4, 2015
 
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Nov 4, 2015
 
| '''<Status>''' |CLOSED
 
| '''<Status>''' |CLOSED
| '''<Comments>:'''  | When required, PCD will need to come up with a mechanism to populate the fields.  One option: Insert a sentence into the text to emphasize, and have NIST update test to indicate an error.  Indicate to participants in pre-connectathon that this will now be part of the test.  August 6, 2014:  NIST to verify MSH-5 validation is addressed, Change date to August 20.    Sept 24, 2014:  Put identifier into Gazelle.  Where test case descriptions are very important, we could use the demographics spreadsheet.  there's no CN document across PCD.  Some discussion of RE in the test case description.  Change due date to F2F.  October 15, 2014:  Should have a value in this field for Gazelle.  John G – ties to specific test cases.  Important for test cases to have preambles to help set the message up.  Nov 19, 2014:  Jeff McGeath will provide text to Paul Sherman.  Change due date to Dec 3.  Change owner to Jeff, change date to January.  Jan 7, 2015:  Move to February. April 22, 2015: Change to F2F    June 10, 2015:  Set due date to June 17.  July 1, 2015:  Paul will ping Jeff for update.  Change date to Aug 5  Aug 5, 2015:  No update, Paul pinged Jeff this day, change date to Sep 2 TC.  Sep 2, 2015:  No response from Jeff, Paul will ping again, change to Sep 30.  oct 14, 2015:  Tom will call Jeff to see if he can update at F2F (1/2 hour discussion).  Set to F2F.  Oct 22, 2015:  Retitle to MSH 3 and ACKs. Look for Jeff's email and use that an update to the TF. What to do as a gateway? The gateway is responsible for the ACK. Change date to Nov 4 and put on the TC agenda.'''  Jeff McGeath's notes - The final outcome was that systems would be graded on what they are sending in MSH:3.  This is the sending application, and therefore should be known in advance.  We ran into an issue at last year's (Jan 2014) connectathon where systems were receiving a message, then when building their ACK they would create a MSH:3 that just copied the original message’s MSH:5 value.  Those systems should know who they are and would never send out an ACK with an empty MSH:3.  Jeff: My memory on the action item was that either Gazelle or the NIST tools would have a table to track the vendor names and map that to the Connectathon IP address assignments.  If that were in place, the validation engine could then cross reference the sending IP with the known vendor and fail any transactions that have incorrect or empty MSH:3 values.   
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | When required, PCD will need to come up with a mechanism to populate the fields.  One option: Insert a sentence into the text to emphasize, and have NIST update test to indicate an error.  Indicate to participants in pre-connectathon that this will now be part of the test.  August 6, 2014:  NIST to verify MSH-5 validation is addressed, Change date to August 20.    Sept 24, 2014:  Put identifier into Gazelle.  Where test case descriptions are very important, we could use the demographics spreadsheet.  there's no CN document across PCD.  Some discussion of RE in the test case description.  Change due date to F2F.  October 15, 2014:  Should have a value in this field for Gazelle.  John G – ties to specific test cases.  Important for test cases to have preambles to help set the message up.  Nov 19, 2014:  Jeff McGeath will provide text to Paul Sherman.  Change due date to Dec 3.  Change owner to Jeff, change date to January.  Jan 7, 2015:  Move to February. April 22, 2015: Change to F2F    June 10, 2015:  Set due date to June 17.  July 1, 2015:  Paul will ping Jeff for update.  Change date to Aug 5  Aug 5, 2015:  No update, Paul pinged Jeff this day, change date to Sep 2 TC.  Sep 2, 2015:  No response from Jeff, Paul will ping again, change to Sep 30.  oct 14, 2015:  Tom will call Jeff to see if he can update at F2F (1/2 hour discussion).  Set to F2F.  Oct 22, 2015:  Retitle to MSH 3 and ACKs. Look for Jeff's email and use that an update to the TF. What to do as a gateway? The gateway is responsible for the ACK. Change date to Nov 4 and put on the TC agenda.'''  Jeff McGeath's notes - The final outcome was that systems would be graded on what they are sending in MSH:3.  This is the sending application, and therefore should be known in advance.  We ran into an issue at last year's (Jan 2014) connectathon where systems were receiving a message, then when building their ACK they would create a MSH:3 that just copied the original message’s MSH:5 value.  Those systems should know who they are and would never send out an ACK with an empty MSH:3.  Jeff: My memory on the action item was that either Gazelle or the NIST tools would have a table to track the vendor names and map that to the Connectathon IP address assignments.  If that were in place, the validation engine could then cross reference the sending IP with the known vendor and fail any transactions that have incorrect or empty MSH:3 values.  What's next?  This will need to be tested and NIST will need info in advance.  Gazelle and NIST tools are separate.  John G:  If info is available, they can validate it.  If NIST tools are consumer, they can parse the info.  As a reporter they need it up front to send the message.  This info should be entered before Connectathon, but often isn't.  Need agreement by all to submit IP addresses before CN.  This is mostly a Pre-connectathon participant issue.  Already performs in Pre-Connectathon.  Close this and open a new one for Connectathon.  CLOSE.'''
:: What's next?  This will need to be tested and NIST will need info in advance.  Gazelle and NIST tools are separate.  John G:  If info is available, they can validate it.  If NIST tools are consumer, they can parse the info.  As a reporter they need it up front to send the message.  This info should be entered before Connectathon, but often isn't.  Need agreement by all to submit IP addresses before CN.  This is mostly a Pre-connectathon participant issue.  Already performs in Pre-Connectathon.  Close this and open a new one for Connectathon.  CLOSE.'''
+
  
  

Revision as of 15:47, 4 November 2015

See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

To see changes between current and last(or any earlier) versions of the action item list, click the history tab at the top of the page, select versions to compare and click compare command.

Significant recent changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Items 60 - 69 Are Closed

Items 70-79 Are Closed

Items 80-89 are closed

Items 90-99 are closed

Items 100-109 are closed

Items 110-119

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
118 Implementation Guide John Garguilo Dec 31, 2015 OPEN May 2011 F2F, reviewed by TC June 1: John Garguilo will provide a first draft of the Implementation Guide and vendors will be essential contributors. Sept. 5, 2012: Change date to October 19, 2012. Nov. 12, 2012: Change date to March 13, 2013. Jan. 9, 2013: John Garguilo reported Sandra will look at POI supplement as an initial PCD example. John Rhoads noted that an implantation guide is very different than specifications found in the TF. Add Sandra. An example will be provided at the F2F. Change date to April 17. Oct 22, Discussion of progress and planned progress, plan on webex for users in November. Nov 6, 2013: John G – building resources to help implement. Building a guide from the TF, hone in on other items. Will be 2014 Spring f2f Goal – impl gde 0.1 for vol 2. Change date to December 8 January 15, 2014: Still working on PCD-01 walk through. Change date to March 26 June 11, 2014: Build a base implementation guide to follow TF. Change date to Sept 24 October 15, 2014: John G can provide an update at F2F, add to agenda. Two parts – how to build software and also documentation.Change date to F2F. Nov 5, 2014: Still in progress, Dec 3, 2014: First pass will be basic structure. Some will be auto-generated. Will need some help to describe constraints and use cases. Once created, it can be reused in other message types. Change date to end of December. Jan 4, 2015: No change, push to February. Feb 11, 2015: Set date to end of March. April 22, 2015: New NIST tool not quite ready, will update when it's ready. Change date to June 10. June 3, 2015: Change due date to July 1 July 1, 2015: Still working on it, change date to August 19. Aug 19, 2015: In progress, change date to Sept 30. Oct 14, 2015: John will update at F2F, There will be some interim work as well. Oct 22, 2015: Ties to Igamt and tcamt work. Trying to implement PCD-01. Will mirror TF Vol 2, provide more focused device specialization guides. Set date to Dec 31.


Items 120-129 are Closed

Items 130-139

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
136 WCM Attribute List Paul Schluter, Ken Fuchs Nov 18, 2015 OPEN F2F May 18, 2012: Paul and Ken will take the WCM parameter list to the IEEE meeting next week to seek codes for those attributes currently lacking definition. August 8, 2012: WCM Parameter List: In process. July 10, 2013: Ken reported that some attributes remain to be added to 10101. John Rhoads will ask Jan about the status and Paul offered to add them to 10101a if appropriate. Change date to August 7. Nov 6, 2013: Paul Schluter – John G, please send list of decimal list numbers for Ref ID attributes and scada. Change date to Nov 20, 2013. Feb 19, 2014: Code assignment should be complete by mid March. Change date to March 5 June 11, 2014: May be some more based on prototype. WCM needs an owner, none currently available. Change date to Fall F2F. Nov 19, 2014: Can wait for 10101b. Paul Schluter will work with Chris Courville on this. Change date to Dec 3 2014. Dec 3, 2014: Keep open until after Connectathon. Change title to WCM Attribute List and set date to February. Jeff M will check with Chris, Bikram and Paul Schluter. Set date to mid-March. April 22, 2015: Defer to 10101b. Change date to June 10. June 3, 2015: Change due date to August 5. Aug 5, 2015: 136 - Have a number defined in another partition. May define equivalents in 10101b. Defer to 10101b. Change to Nov 4 TC call. Oct 22, 2015: Can use numeric Ids or annotated ECG. Not a compelling need to include them.Have a good way to show filters. Change to Nov 18.


Items 140-149 are Closed

Items 150-159 are Closed

Items 160-169 are Closed

Items 170-179

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
170 Convert IPEC to EC Todd Cooper April 18, 2016 OPEN Spring 2013 F2F: CP to change the name and provide additional changes to convert IPEC to EC. To be completed in time to submit for ballot and TI. August 6, 2014: Change due date to October 8, 2014 October 15, 2014: Push to next cycle Change due date to F2F for brief discussion (15 Minutes). Dec 17, 2014: Change due date to April 2015 F2F. Jan 7, 2015: Cochairs will come up with a direction and bring up to F2F. June 10, 2015: Set due date to June 17. June 17, 2015: Todd disowned it a bit. EC is a higher scale; use IPEC as a specialty of EC. A small number of generalities would cover them. EC was mostly device to device, don't always require human intervention. Joe will contact Todd to discuss at TC, change due date to August and add to agenda. (Check F2F notes). Aug 5, 2015: Joe will ping Todd again. Change date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Working on IPEC right now. Al working on a sample message, hope to review at F2F. Change to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Do we take it down a notch and put info in framework, and let device specific groups define as needed (IPEC becomes an example of EC)? IPEC principles can provide a base for others to build on. Close this and open another to create common EC material to go into TF. Owner of new AI – IPEC team and John R. What is the need for this material? Would be a template for other equipment types to build on. Change date to Nov 4. Nov 4, 2015: Suggest moving this past Connectathon and Showcase. It's a cure with no known disease. Move to April Face to Face. Paul Schluter - May be tied to containment work.


178 MSH-5 and Connectathon Jeff McGeath Nov 4, 2015 CLOSED When required, PCD will need to come up with a mechanism to populate the fields. One option: Insert a sentence into the text to emphasize, and have NIST update test to indicate an error. Indicate to participants in pre-connectathon that this will now be part of the test. August 6, 2014: NIST to verify MSH-5 validation is addressed, Change date to August 20. Sept 24, 2014: Put identifier into Gazelle. Where test case descriptions are very important, we could use the demographics spreadsheet. there's no CN document across PCD. Some discussion of RE in the test case description. Change due date to F2F. October 15, 2014: Should have a value in this field for Gazelle. John G – ties to specific test cases. Important for test cases to have preambles to help set the message up. Nov 19, 2014: Jeff McGeath will provide text to Paul Sherman. Change due date to Dec 3. Change owner to Jeff, change date to January. Jan 7, 2015: Move to February. April 22, 2015: Change to F2F June 10, 2015: Set due date to June 17. July 1, 2015: Paul will ping Jeff for update. Change date to Aug 5 Aug 5, 2015: No update, Paul pinged Jeff this day, change date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: No response from Jeff, Paul will ping again, change to Sep 30. oct 14, 2015: Tom will call Jeff to see if he can update at F2F (1/2 hour discussion). Set to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Retitle to MSH 3 and ACKs. Look for Jeff's email and use that an update to the TF. What to do as a gateway? The gateway is responsible for the ACK. Change date to Nov 4 and put on the TC agenda. Jeff McGeath's notes - The final outcome was that systems would be graded on what they are sending in MSH:3. This is the sending application, and therefore should be known in advance. We ran into an issue at last year's (Jan 2014) connectathon where systems were receiving a message, then when building their ACK they would create a MSH:3 that just copied the original message’s MSH:5 value. Those systems should know who they are and would never send out an ACK with an empty MSH:3. Jeff: My memory on the action item was that either Gazelle or the NIST tools would have a table to track the vendor names and map that to the Connectathon IP address assignments. If that were in place, the validation engine could then cross reference the sending IP with the known vendor and fail any transactions that have incorrect or empty MSH:3 values. What's next? This will need to be tested and NIST will need info in advance. Gazelle and NIST tools are separate. John G: If info is available, they can validate it. If NIST tools are consumer, they can parse the info. As a reporter they need it up front to send the message. This info should be entered before Connectathon, but often isn't. Need agreement by all to submit IP addresses before CN. This is mostly a Pre-connectathon participant issue. Already performs in Pre-Connectathon. Close this and open a new one for Connectathon. CLOSE.


Items 180-189

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
183 CP for WCM and implementation Chris Courville, Paul Schluter WCM Workgroup Nov 18, 2015 OPEN April 4, 2014: August 6, 2014: Paul Sherman will ping Bikram and Chris for any activity. Change date to August 20. Oct 1, 2014: No specific update, they're working on it. Change to F2F. Oct 23, 2014: Progress on integer/second issue. Chris and Paul Sc will update documentation. Change due date to Dec 17, 2014. Jan 2015: Met 2 months ago with some follow-up. Don't need any changes now, maybe in the future. Most work clarifies text. Change due date to TC call in February. April 22, 2015 Meetings underway. CPs expected, but not before F2f, need to be out by July. IDCO looking at waveforms as well. Move to June 10. Per Chris, WCM work is generic for PCD. change owner to Chris, participants to WCM workgroup. IDCO is participating; Paul Schluter hopes to define WCM as a general drop-in module. Move to June 17. July 1, 2015: Two CPs under way for WCM, Once CP approved WCM Trial implementation will need updated. Change due date to July 15. July 15, 2015: No change, move date to to Aug 5. Add Paul Schluter, there are a couple of CPs related to it. Change Date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Paul Schluter is sending out tech notes to broader group. Has more topics to explore, such as representing invalid values. Move to Sep 30. Oct 14, 2015: Most issues resolved, haven't had time to complete. Set to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Will update WCM TI rather than create a CP. Change date to Nov 18.


186 Review and reformat ftp site CoChairs Jeff McGeath, Paul Sherman Dec 31, 2015 OPEN April 4, 2014: August 6, 2014: Set date to August 20 . Oct 1, 2014: Set as a Face to Face item. Duplicate of item 163 in PC list, close the PC item. Oct 23, 2014: Discussed at F2F. can be risky, as many wiki/web links go straight to ftp files. may be best to archive historical files/folder to start. Nov 19, 2014: Change due date to Dec 17, 2014. Dec 17, 2014: Change date to January. Jan 7, 2015: Move to February. April 22, 2015: Jeff Mc has made progress, to be discussed a F2F. June 10, 2015: Move to June 17. July 1, 2015: Tom will ping Jeff on this and other items. Set date to Aug 5. Aug 5, 2015: Tom to meet with Jeff this month. Change date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Change date to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Make Cochairs owners. Change date to Dec 31.


189 Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon John Garguilo Nov 4, 2015 OPEN Related to EUI-64 issue. John will work on identifying unique IDs before the Connectathon. Set Due Date to October 22, 2014. October 15, 2014: Can use demographics for pre-connectathon. No errors or warning if EUI-64 not used yet. Can't use until all register and obtain an EUI-64. If provided, NIST can validate. Mention at the F2F for group preference. Could this be a Gazelle option? Brief F2F item (15 minutes). John G: Will have pre-conn link available to enter info. Not currently in gazelle. Change Due date to Dec 17, 2014. Have validation in pre-conn tool. Will ask for EUI or DNS for registration, prefer 1st 24 bits of EUI (OUI). Will pre-populate as much as possible. Do large organizations, are the 1st 24 bits across whole organization? It depends – patient monitors yes, but mass produced have different. Different business units can have different OUIs, depending on history. Each user will need to enter their info. Change date to January. Jan 7, 2015: Built into Pre Conn configuration page. Mostly done, could use some enhancements. Look at EUI-64, validating 24 bit now. Epic – don't look at EUI-64 specifically; it's used, but not required. Supposed to serve as a stable device ID. Discussion of topic and need for this specificity. Move to PC/TC call. Jan 21, 2015: Change date to February. April 22, 2015: Didn't get there this time. Can discuss at F2F, could go through last round's data. Very useful to have unique ID. Move to F2F. June 10, 2015: Move to June 17. July 1, 2015: Most likely to happen around Pre-connectathon. Cost is reasonable ($1000) Move to September. Sep 2, 2015: This is a pre-connectathon issue. All is OK with a local identifier table. F2F likely best forum. John G will outline the changes and bring to F2F. Paul Schluter – How to ID vendor created private codes/terms? Extensive discussion on this issue – need implementation rules. Set date to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Discussion on how to proceed. Could have the vendors provide, NIST loads the info, then it can tie back during Connectathon registration. John G will assemble a spreadsheet to go to CN and PC members asking them to load their info. Will try to have ready for Pre-Connectathon. Paul Sc suggests including a private company identifier. Set up for warning if not in the table, error if different than in table. Stay with OBX-18 for now. Need extra data and analysis. John will send a notice on what's needed for this Connectathon. Paul Sh set date to Nov 4.

Items 190-199

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update


191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication Paul Sc Paul Sc, Chris C Dec 31, 2015 OPEN June 17, 2015: IDCO is working mostly on waveform and annotating. The sooner we get something nailed down, the better. Paul Sc and Chris working with this group, will keep TC updated. July 1, 2015: IDCO is joining WCM calls, making progress. July 15, 2015: IDCO doesn't plan on changes for 2016 CN, will be ready for 2017. Aug 5, 2015: Will likely make changes next cycle. Change date to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Liaised, unsure what IDCO will do. Change to Dec 31.
192 FHIR Todd C Dec 31, 2015 OPEN PCD is staying in touch with FHIR group. Will also share of C4MI work in this area. July 1, 2015: Addressing comments, on track for next review in August.. Aug 5, 2015: Change date to Sep 2 TC. Sep 2, 2015: Change date to F2F. Oct 22, 2015: Change date to Dec 31.
195 OPEN


196 OPEN
197 OPEN
198 OPEN
199 OPEN


Tracking Related Items, 1-20

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update
1

VA proposal on PulseOx - write up details / issues to TC (Ioana S./Greg S.). Provide mappings to x73 of what VA has from LOINC & SNOMED CT - VA to encode (encode all information?)

F2F Oct. 2011
2

DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due

F2F Oct. 2011
3
4
5
6
7
8


9


10


11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18


19


20


Tracking Related Items, 21-40

Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28


29


30


See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.

Links to PCD TC Meetings

Go to most recent/past meetings or next meeting Category: PCD Meeting

Patient Care Device home