Difference between revisions of "PCD TC 2013-08-07 Webex"
m (→Proposed Agenda: remove placeholder designation)
|Line 133:||Line 133:|
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Category:PCD Meeting ]]
Latest revision as of 13:21, 3 November 2014
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary July 24, 2013 PCD TC 2013-07-24 Webex
- 3. Announcements
- - Elections
- - Survey - Pulse Ox Data
- - HIMSS14 Planning
- Survey - Participation in the Connectathon, Showcase
- Use Case Suggestions - Highly Desirable
- 4. Status: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
- - TF Vol II update
- - OMS WP Working Group established and underway (Weds @ 4 PM Eastern)
- - MSH-5 (Receiving Application)/ MSH-3 (Sending Application) issue, potential CP?.
- - Usage of containment of 20601 within multiple OBR/OBXs.
- -- Attempting to synchronize implementation practice with Continua Health Alliance
- 5. Action Item Review (last reviewed July 10 continue with #149)
- - Ambitious Workitem List: Call for Updates Via Email or Attendance
- 6. Additional Business
- - IHE-PCD Webinar tomorrow (August 8th at 2 PM Eastern)
- 7. Next Meetings:
- TC August 21; PC August 14
- F2F the Week of October 7: Agenda, Hotel, Participation Poll
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- - The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- - Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
- - and there is a list of CPs, which may, at any given time, affect a published document. The list is at
- Not Yet Published:
- IHE Webinars 2013 - http://www.iheusa.org/events.aspx
- Request for Brief Proposals Cycle 9: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Patient_Care_Devices#Development_Calendar
- Chair: John Garguilo
- Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Jon Lachman, Jeff McGeath, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, Brian Reinhold (Lamprey, Continua LAN/WAN Task Force), John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Ioana Singureanu, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting(s):
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- - Elections:
- Formally closed and announced.
- - Survey for POI:
- The survey so far indicates that vendors implementing pulse ox data without the POI option do not plan to implement the option this cycle.
- - HIMSS Showcase Planning:
- Manny indicated that survey planning is underway and the data in the Doodle survey is important to assure that the PCD portion is appropriately developed. He noted that GuardRFID will be in the Intelligent Hospital Pavilion and, if New Directions is available, in the Showcase. They offered to implement RFID with a moving “patient” on the Showcase floor.
4. Status of TF, Other Documents:
- - MSH-5: Monroe proposed that this become required (R); it is currently RE. This presents issues in the ACK where the missing identification of the receiving system may be missing in the sending and therefore in the receiving systems. Ioana added that the receiving system should include its identification when responding in the ACK. Ioana recommended that the requirement should become IHE-wide. Ken suggested that it isn’t necessary to change, that it depends upon the use case. John Garguilo pointed out the MSH-3 in the TF is RE (PCD-09) and should be R. John Garguilo and Monroe offered to develop the CP and consult with ITI regarding wider applicability.
- - OMS: Will meet today.
- - TF: John Rhoads will distribute the revised version for comment.
- - Usage: Paul Schluter described the need for a pointer at the facet level by Continua. This has not been an issue/need for PCD in general, but is desired by Continua. Using OBX-4 would not apply across the entire message, but rather unique only within the OBX.
5. Action Items:
- - Manny and John Rhoads requested updates via emails because there are so many in this active committee.
The next meetings are:
TC August 21, 2013 PCD TC 2013-08-21 Webex
PC August 14, 2013 PCD PC 2013-08-14 Webex