PCD TC 2012-12-12 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary:
- 3. Detailed Proposals (7 total) (reminder: to be completed with review by 12/18/12) http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8
- 3.1 Optimized Message Syntax (Ken Fuchs) -
- 3.2 Device Specializations (Note- Todd C. not present)
- 3.2.1 DS-Physiologic Monitor
- 3.2.2 DS-Ventilator
- 3.2.3 Event Communication
- 3.3 Others - need updates from lead authors
- 3.3.1 DPI-WP White Paper
- 3.3.2 DPI-DnA Discovery and Association
- 3.3.3 DPI-DR Data Reporting
- 4. Status: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
- 4.1 CPs revisited (CP-53, -54, -55, -56, -60)
- 4.2 New/Recent CPs
- 4.2.1 PIV and DEC related changes (Rhoads for Cooper)
- 4.2.2 IPEC - 'R42' in place of Rxx
- 4.2.2 ACM related (Pattillo)
- 4.3 CPs to be documented (Garguilo)
- 4.3.1 OID-related (mainly MSH-21)
- 4.3.2 Various - e.g., field type/TF Vol II tables
- 5. Latest Pre-Connectathon/Connectathon Tool deployment (Furst/Garguilo)
- Note: new 'Connectathon' (Instance Test Tool) now on-line!
- Also see PCD-Testing Google Group (PCD
- Pre-Connectathon Testing end date (Furst)
- 6 Pre-Connectathon/Connectathon/Showcase
- 7 Spring F2F
- 7.1 At West Health Institute (San Diego, CA)
- 7.2 Proposed date - week of April 15th, 2013 (likely April 16-19, 2012)
- 8. Action Item Review (last reviewed 11/7/12)
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Garguilo
- Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Richard Lane, Monroe Pattillo, Scott Powell, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Detailed Proposals http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8:
- - Optimized Message Syntax: Ken Fuchs led the discussion of the proposal to better support low data rate devices, indicating that there was significant discussion at the Brief Proposal stage. There are a number of considerations to be discussed as the profile is developed, with several examples listed in the proposal. John Rhoads asked if the profile would conform to HL7 v 2, to maintain the ability to parse with normal mechanisms and would include a target data rate. Paul suggested that message frequency will need to be addressed, noting that Continua has found a reasonable approach. John Rhoads asked about sending data across multiple messages. Ken referred to waveforms as an example.
- - Event Communication: This generalizes the IPEC concepts to other device modalities. John Rhoads indicated a primary focus is to refine the semantics and will not require a new profile. Section 8, Effort Estimates will need to be addressed before the ballot. Paul indicated that this is timely and work is underway on the Rosetta for events and alarms. John Rhoads noted that this is important for numerous reasons, including decision support systems.
- - Detailed Device Specialization – Physiologic Monitor Profile: John Rhoads led discussion until Todd could join, summarizing the benefits for developers and purchasers. Six Use Cases were described. Todd described the tasks leading to availability July 1, 2013. He believes the effort will come from the existing WGs.
- - Detailed Device Specialization – Ventilator: Todd indicated that this is essentially the same as the DS-Physiologic Monitor. In response to a question Todd indicated that these will follow the model set for DS-Infusion Pump as much as possible. These will depend upon a later version of HL7 with the new event trigger.
The next meetings are:
TC January 9, 2013 PCD TC 2013-01-09 Webex
TC January 23, 2013 PCD TC 2013-01-23 Webex
PC December 19, 2012 PCD PC 2012-12-19 Webex
PC January 16, 2013 PCD PC 2013-01-16 Webex