PCD TC 2012-09-19 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Technical Committee September 5 PCD TC 2012-09-05 Webex
- 3. Status: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
- 4. Brief Proposals - Cut off Date - 5 October, 2012
- 5. Joint IEEE/HL7 Healthcare Dev Working Group Report Out (Baltimore, 10-14 September, 2012)
- Tracey Rausch - DDS
- Tooking Discussion including x73 DIM Editor (Garguilo/Griesser)
- aECG Approved!
- Joint meetings / status updates w/ FHIR, MBAN, HL7 Anesthesia WG
- x73 / 20601 / 104xx / updates and Security Discussion (Malcolme Clarke)
- x73 Upper Layer Standards (Renewal Work) (Jan Wittenber)
- IEEE Standards Updates (IEEE Staff Liason - Kathryn Bennett)
- FDA Proposed Rule for Unique Device Identification System (UDIS) (Alan Hobbs)
- Showcase Future Directions - West Health Institute (Todd Cooper/Aaron Goldmuntz)
- Meeting scheduled for November in San Diego (announcement coming soon)
- 6. F2F Update
- 7 Pre-Connectathon/Connectathon/Showcase
- 7.1 Connectathon Registration Open
- 7.2 Participants for POI, RDQ, WCM
- 7.3 Vendor designation / Showcase Planning (actors implemented)
- 8. Action Item Review (last reviewed 8/8/12)
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 9.1 Planning Committee - suggested dates: 10/3, 10/10
- 9.1.1 HL7 application to WCM, changes to OBR/OBX
- 9.1.2 Ballot Proposal Discussions
- 9.2 Technical Committee - Skip Technical TCon 9/26
- 9.1 Planning Committee - suggested dates: 10/3, 10/10
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
- Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- - The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- - Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
- Not Yet Published:
- IHE Webinars - http://ihe.net/Events/webinars2012.cfm
- Request for Brief Proposals: Email from Celina Roth Aug. 2 - Submit Brief Proposals by October 5, 2012
- Oct. F2F: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2012_Oct._16-19_F2F
- Chair: John Garguilo
- Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Barrett Franklin, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. TF and Supplement Status:
- - Nothing to report.
4. Brief Proposals:
- - Proposals are due October 5, with ballot closing the Wednesday of the F2F.
- - One proposal to date: Analyze the current profiles and consider if legacy devices can be brought on the network over a serial connection.
- - The Wiki page http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8 was reviewed and members were encouraged to review proposals that were set aside in past cycles and consider if any are of interest going forward.
- o John Garguilo noted that work has begun on device specialization.
5. Joint IEEE/HL7 Meeting:
- - ________________
- - Tracy Rausch has a grant to address PnP. She recommended approaches for X73, including QoS issues used for military applications that are also appropriate for medical devices.
- - PCD will reinstitute 3 pm ET Monday meetings to coordinate with Tracy’s work.
- - Paul noted that the IBM lighter weight EDS transport standard has been released for public use and will support its use. It may have more appeal to cell phone vendors that don’t want to support web services.
- - The annotated ECG nomenclature 10103 passed, extending the number of lead identifiers, etc. It has been used by the FDA and adopted by DICOM. John Garguilo congratulated Paul on IEEE’s adoption.
- - Ken spoke with the 802.2, 802.6 regarding the upper level security problems and coordinating among users who are using the same spectrum and potentially interfering with each other. Ken and Jan will provide a tutorial on 11073 at their San Antonio meeting in October.
- - John Garguilo noted that the meeting notes are posted on the HL7 web pages.
- - HIMSS13 Showcase – Future Directions: Focused on device PnP, the “last mile”. Todd summarized a proposal near completion. This would be tied into the main showcase and may include an alarm communicator component. Some informal testing would take place at the Connectathon. If might include other areas, such as pharmacy. The proposal will go out to PCD members in an attempt to learn the level of interest.
6. October F2F:
- - John Garguilo referred to the Wiki page and noted that the special hotel rate expires next week.
- - John referred to the list of potential topics and requested additions/suggestions from the membership.
- - The NIST Test Tool Tutorial may be included, and will be recorded and available through Webex.
- - Manny to poll for RSVP
7. Pre-Connectathon and Connectathon:
- - Progress is on track.
- - Manny described the need for indications of the type of system and data desired to demonstrate at HIMSS13 because the Connectathon registration will be used to assign systems to the use cases.
8. Action Item Review:
Continue with 122.
8. Next and Recent Meetings:
- - HL7 2.8, changes to OBR, OBX
- - Oct. 3, 10 will be PC.
- - No meeting next week (Sept. 26).
The next meetings are:
PC September __, 2012 PCD PC 2012-09-__ Webex
TC September __, 2012 PCD TC 2012-09-__ Webex