PCD TC 2012-03-21 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:22, 23 September 2013 by Efurst (Talk | contribs) (Next Meetings)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: Technical Committee Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: Technical Committee March 7, 2012 PCD TC 2012-03-07 Webex
3. IEEE / NIST etc. nomenclature work
4. HIMSS Interoperability and Standards Committee:
5. Status Reports for Work Items for the TC Cycle 7:
Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones
- TF implications and Volume 3 (Todd)
- TF Update Volumes 1, 2 (Ken, John Rhoads) - Lessons learned, CPs needed -- keep those cards and letters rolling in.... Contest: Nominate the Vol. 2 section most notable for improvable obscurity
- Device Specializations - General Content Profile (Todd)
- General report from Infusion Pump WG & Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - Pump WG(Todd)
- Pulse Oximetry Integration with Clinical Applications (Greg and Ioana)
- Device Management: CMMS - MEM WG(Steve Merritt and Richard Swim)
- ITI Domain: Device Cybersecurity - MEM WG (Axel and ITI)
- Pharmacy Domain: Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
6. Status Reports for Ongoing Projects:
- Asychronous Data Query (ADQ)
- Point of Care Identity Management (PCIM)
- Alarm Communications Management (ACM)
7. Request for AAMI Poster Ideas
8. Action Item Review (Continue after 117)
9. Next and Recent Meetings
10. Additional Business

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: John Rhoads
Jon Blasingame, Sam Carello, Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Rhoads, Erin Sparnon, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.


Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved, with removal of the ballot item as obsolete

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:

3. IEEE/NIST nomenclature: Todd reported that NIST has posted a draft of the RTMMS (RTM Management Service). This NIST tool will be used by the Pump WG to add proposed terms coming out of the summit. Todd suggested that John Garguilo provide this slide for the mini-showcase.

4. HIMSS Interoperability and Standards Committee: No information available.

5. Status Reports Cycle 7 Work Items:

- Volume 3: Mary Jungers will post volume 3. This is culmination of 6 years of effort, with three volumes in final text.
- Device Specialization: Todd described the relationship between the volumes, indicating that device specializations will be in volume 3. Slides describing the organization can be found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/FaceToFaceMeetings/2012-SanDiego-InfusionPumpSummit/IHE_PCD_IP_F2F_Agenda_and_Discussions_r4.pdf - Slide #18. The supplement for infusion pumps will be available in May.
- Pharmacy Collaboration: This summer.

6. Status Reports Other Work Items:

- ADQ WG is working on the supplement. This should be available before the deadline for public comments.
- PCIM will meet weekly, Thursday afternoons. It will be reviewed during the pump summit next week. The goal for this and for pump work is to meet the deadline for public comments.
- ACM meets Thursdays to develop the CPs and add detail. Todd noted that he still needs to work on submitting changes to HL7. John Rhoads offered to review this.

7. AAMI Posters: Manny requested ideas for the mini-showcase. Jon suggested developing Todd’s presentation as an update for visitors. Todd suggested asking John Garguilo for a NIST poster.

8. Next and Recent Meetings:

- PC March 28
- F2F April 24 – 27, with an alarm meeting Monday April 26 in San Diego at CareFusion.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

TC April 4, 2012 PCD TC 2012-04-04 Webex

PC March 28, 2012 PCD PC 2012-03-28 Webex

PCD Home