PCD TC 2009-11-18 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled Technical Committee Meeting
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please add your suggestions to this older agenda
- HITSP Update
- - Technical Note Authored by Todd, John Rhoads
- - Coordination on Continua-PCD "WAN" Scheduling
- Action Item Review
- Additional Business
- Next Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Todd Cooper, Walter Dobbins, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Rich Hillman, Sarah Hopkins, John Hotchkiss, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, John Zaleski,
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Review of Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous two meetings yielded no changes. Todd noted that the results would likely have been different if there was more representation from clinicians. The Cochairs began discussing this.
3 PCD Profiles Under Development
- Volunteers have offered to lead the development of the Detailed Profile Proposals. Cochairs to confirm leadership of the working groups.
- Todd led discussion of the Technical Note developed during and following the HITSP meeting. The Technical Note was accepted for publication for public comment and is currently in editorial review prior to release Friday. Following the public comment period this will lead to release Jan. 25 following the HITSP meeting.
- - Todd discussed the Roadmap contained in the document, noting that this has implications for the resources available to PCD.
- - Todd noted that dates for PCD effort are set earlier enough to meet HITSP’s 2015 deadlines.
- - Gaps will be identified in the next few weeks and added to the document.
- Paul discussed the PCD/Continua “WAN” scheduling. Progress is apparent. Consistent time remains an issue for the device side. It will likely be provided by the home gateway which would adjust time based upon its receipt of the data, rather than the home device which may not have a clock or a correctly set clock. Another issue is data associated with glucose measurements, especially context data. For example, what food or exercise is associated with the glucose measurement. The existing approach provides that buried in the message. Another approach is to use a pointer. Paul is exploring this possibility for inclusion in the HL7 message. Todd asked if these issues should be addressed at the January HL7 meeting in Phoenix.
6 Action Items
- 60: Update TF -
- 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
- 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
- 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
- 79: Change Proposals -
- 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
- 82: OID for PCD - Robert asked if the PCD OID will be used for Connectathon testing, or will each profile have a unique subdivision number (actor and profile added). John Rhoads indicated each will have its own, but the PCD OID could be used temporarily.
- 83: MOUs - IEEE IPSD MOU has been completed. CLSI may have developed an MOU with HL7.
- 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages -
- 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
- 86: Test Tools -
- 87: IDCO -
- 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
- 89: “public comment” period -
- 90: Close
- 91: IHE International issues have delayed the LOA release, it should be available after the Dec. 2 Board Meeting.
- 92: Move to PC. Steve Moore will take this to the DCC.
- 94: John Rhoads has talked with Steve Moore, but no resolution to date.
- 96: Looking for a message to bind patient and device identifier without a full ADT process. Ruth and Gary have looked at ADT and Scheduling messages. Nothing conclusive yet. Change name to Patient – Device ID Binding. Close in favor of the new profile proposal WG.
- 97: NEW: Robert raised the need for ITI-31 for PCD; this will be added to the TF.
- John Garguilo noted that he has not received much feedback regarding the NIST tools. He will providing updates and FAQs. All profiles are available and changes are made nearly daily.
8 Connectathon and Showcase
- Manny updated the Showcase development, indicating progress within the PCD Showcase Task Force.
The next TC meeting will be December 9, 2009 PCD TC 2009-12-09 Webex