PCD TC 2009-10-28 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled Technical Committee Meeting
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please add your suggestions to this older agenda
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summary: October 14 PC & TC Meeting PCD PC&TC 2009-10-14 Webex
- Intellectual Property policy
- Brief Profile Proposals out for ballot. Please indicate your preferences by next Wednesday.
- Testing update
- Brief Showcase update. See Showcase PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2009-10 for details.
- HITSP F2F next week: update
- Action Item Review
- 60 TF Update Status
- 62 Bar coding - linked to Brief Profile Proposal
- 66 Profile registration - in abeyance till profiles shaken down again this cycle
- 82 OIDs - no additional action needed until OIDs actually required
- MOUs - any progress?
- 84 Patient Identity and PCD messages - work in progress
- 87 IDCO - status update?
- 88 Supplement status
- WCM - draft supplement in progress
- RTM - vents underway
- 89 Public comment process - 30 days, no appeal process defined as yet
- Review Action Items from the F2F PCD PC&TC 2009-10-05 to 09 F2F
- Additional Business
- Next Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
Alex Beechie, George Bertos, Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Rita Brahmbhatt, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, , Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, Sarah Hopkins, John Hotchkiss, Jianguo Jiang, John Leung, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Maureen Richard, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Erin Sparnon, Scott Zaffrin, John Zaleski, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
- Chair: John Rhoads
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting yielded no changes
3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- No change
4 IP Policy
- John Rhoads reviewed the Patent Disclosure Process (Wiki page) and asked if anyone on the call is aware of any delays in their company’s membership application. No one responded. Todd asked if technical people would like additional non-legal description information. Khalid indicated that any communication would come from their legal office. John indicated that his description is correct, but that technical representatives are obligated to be aware and to take that to their legal office.
- Manny to compare those on the call with membership list.
5 Action Items
Updated as noted:
- 60: Update TF - Ken has updated volume 1. John Rhoads (volume 2) is nearing completion. Todd is working on volume 3. The profile updates to HL7 v 2.6 will be folded in.
- 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations - Bar coding can be folded into patient ID (#84). Close.
- 66: Prepare profiles for registration - Will follow TF revision.
- 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
- 79: Change Proposals -
- 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
- 82: OID for PCD - Will be available when needed.
- 83: MOUs - No word from CIMIT. John Garguilo reported they had a meeting with the FDA and updated them on NIST tools and their work with PCD.
- 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages -
- 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
- 86: Test Tools -
- 87: IDCO -
- 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
- 89: Verify process for “public comment” period -
- 90: Brief Profile Proposals -
- NIST Testing: John Garguilo reviewed recent activity including the tutorial. The target is release of the generalized profiles and the tools on Monday. Individual companies are responsible for developing their own profiles for MWB testing, but may find the NIST profiles helpful. Gary has updated the PIV and DEC, and will update the ACM. The NIST tools should be ready next week. Both the NIST and MWB are valuable to the PCD, each with some valuable functions.
- Connectathon and Showcase (Other): Todd will see Lisa, John Donnelly next week. Manny will set a meeting for the Showcase Task Force on Monday.
- Todd summarized the TC 215 Health Informatics Standards Group (related standards and PCD effort) meeting in Durham, NC last week. Most of the work addressed the 80001 standard. It will go to ballot and hopefully finalized next Fall. The agenda also included work from Japan, Continua. Several guidance documents were on the agenda. A Technical Note will be drafted and released for public comment in about a week, and will include a proposed roadmap that will address some inconsistencies within the ONC roadmap. HITSP’s life beyond January 1 is uncertain. The Technical Note will hopefully find the roadmap useful.
7 PCD F2F Meeting
- Manny referred to the Action Items.
- John Rhoads and Manny will review. Those that follow on an existing Action Item will be incorporated there. New ones will be added to the list.
The next TC meeting will be November 11, 2009 PCD TC 2009-11-11 Webex OR
The following meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on November 11, 2009 PCD PC&TC 2009-11-11 Webex