PCD TC 2009-02-18 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries
- 3. TC Cycle 4 Detailed Propoals Ballot Update:
- 4. News / Announcements / Status Updates
- - Spring F2F Discussion
- - Connectathon / Showcase Update
- - IHE & Bar code / RFID Profiling
- - IHE-IEEE MoU Update
- - HITSP RMON & CDC Use Case Update
- 5. Action Item Review
- 6. Additional Business
- 7. Next Meeting
Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Action Items from February 4 Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads 2009.02.18 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.
Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.
62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Co-chairs 2009.02.18 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Bar Coding and RFID as point of care identification: Lab and PCC are interested. Ken and Todd will develop a survey for the IHE Cochairs. 66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. 2009.02.18 OPEN PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. Goal is to get PCD-01 working in MWB + NIST v2 tools, then vendor testing. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John Garguilo sent an email with this update: "Basically, the update is: we still need valid HL7 profiles (likely derived in Message Workbench [MWB]) for each of the ACM, PIV, and DEC (including the PIB and SPD supplements). I was/am hoping the companies (or leads on the profiles) have been working on getting correct HL7 (MWB) profiles. Companies were requested to post their profiles at: PCD Year 3 Pre-Connectathon Testing FTP Site." 73 Take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM Todd 2009.02.18 OPEN 76 RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon. John Garguilo, Manny 2009.02.18 OPEN This test will likely be limited to the Virtual Connectathon. To accommodate the RTM profile, which has no transactions, the PCD-01 transaction and a selected (set of?) test case(s) defined in the last cycle (2007 – 08) with a decided upon updated set of specific parameters. 77 Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV. Ken Fuchs Jeff Rinda, Gary Meyer 2009.02.18 OPEN Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer. 78 Ballot: Approvals of Detailed Profile Proposals for work in Cycle 4 Manny 2009.02.18 OPEN NEWSee Discussion Summary for detailed information PCD_TC_2009-02-04_Webex OPEN
- Chair: John Rhoads (Philips)
- Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Steven Dain, Bikram Day, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Colin FX Garstka, Rich Hillman, Jianguo Jiang, Gary Meyer,
John Rhoads, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting yielded no changes
3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- The ballot to proceed is discussed as Action Item #78.
- Work Plan: Following the Connectathon there is a large list of projects. John Rhoads led a discussion of the ballot and list of volunteers, calling for comments and additional volunteers. He noted there were no volunteers for the Regulatory White Paper. While there is an interest in QBD, there may not be sufficient support to proceed this year.
4 Face to Face Meeting
- John Rhoads
- Meetings at NIST require advanced registration, with particular need for international participants to provide additional information. John indicated there will be approximately three from Philips.
5 Action Items
- 60: Update TF -
- 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
- 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
- 73: Take the MSH-7 PAM issue to HL7 -
- 75: Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries -
- 76: RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu -
- 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
- 78: The QBD profile and the Regulatory Considerations White Paper receieved only three votes in favor and one against proceeding. The ballot results were distributed to the committee and are posted at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/IHEPCDyr4-2008Nov-2010Feb/Yr4-TechnicalCommitteeActions/. Note: Colin FX returned to the office today and submitted Epic's positions. While this doesn't affect the vote totals or the outcome, it will be part of the record.
- IHE/IEEE MOU has been approved by the IHE board and the IEEE’s signature is anticipated.
- A HITSP meeting is underway this week in DC. Todd and Elliot are attending.
7 PCD F2F Meeting