PCD TC 2009-01-07 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, Janury 7, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries
PCD TC 2008-12-10 Webex
3. 2008-2009 Cycle Schedule Review
4. Announcements
Ballot on RTM ST Deviation UOM issue: 2 in favor, 5 against, 5 abstained; the proposal failed.
Ballot for PIV Change Proposal - closed Dec. 22 - voting results
5. AHIC Common Device Connectivity (CDC) Use Case Published
6. HL7/IEEE/ISO Orlando Meeting Preparation
7. RTM and RTM-Vent Update
8. ICE-PAC Update
9. Action Items Update
10. Additional Business

Discussion Summary or Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads January 7, 2009 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment. Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd January 7, 2009 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs.
66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo, Al Engelbert Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. January 21, 2009 OPEN Need to get a version of PCD-01 in the MWB. PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. Goal is to get PCD-01 working in MWB + NIST v2 tools, then vendor testing. Al will talk with Pete about the specifics of the problems. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. John asked for the most recent version of the profiles and that a list of open issues be established. He is working with Rob Snellick on the v2 tool. He requested non-HL7 and parameter tables. The most recent PCD-01 profile is posted on the ftp site and there is a link on the Wiki page. ACM data that will be used end-to-end will be defined shortly. John Garguilo requested more detail about the parameters and values that will be sent. Al asked if there was a resource that could be utilized to enter the profiles in the MWB. Todd suggested that this might be addressed during the Jan. 12-16 HL7 meeting in Orlando. John suggested Pete may be able to help and that a Webex might work. On Dec. 10 also, John Garguilo asked those who have been working on HL7 profiles to send them to him. These profiles are likely developed using MWB. Pete Rontey had sent out issues with the (last cycle) profile (PCD-01 ORU^R01). Folks working on the profile should document issues and solutions as corrected/found.


73 Take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM Todd January 7, 2009 OPEN
74 Address resolution of “Boolean” type arguments within RTM and will include results in Semantic Architecture White Paper. Paul January 7, 2009 OPEN
75 Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries. Todd January 7, 2009 OPEN
76 RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu. John Garguilo, Manny January 7, 2009 OPEN Define approach to validate messages and record them (in Kudu) for this current cycle (i.e., 2008-09). This approach could be used for the Pre-Connectathon, Virtual-Connectathon, and Connectathon. The RTM profile, with no transactions, may simply use the IHE-PCD PCD-01 transaction and a selected set of test case(s) and parameters that were defined in the last cycle (2007 – 08). Paul will provide a self-validating approach to access the RTM table, and will ask people to update and correct entries.


77 Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV. Ken Fuchs Jeff Rinda, Gary Meyer January 21, 2009 OPEN
78 OPEN
OPEN

Participants

Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions)
Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Christopher Gessner, John Hotchkiss, Sandra Martinez, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd reviewed the agenda.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Approved
  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • There were no changes.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Brief Profile Proposals
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd reviewed the 2008-9 and the 2009-10 schedule. He noted that we will be working simultaneously on the Connectathon and Showcase and developing new profiles. The official PC vote on the profile proposals is awaiting an update of the PCD rosters by HIMSS. Once available, the official decision on the votes will be posted.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Announcements
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • AHIC: Their gap analysis has led to the issuance of the final common device communication gap analysis [1]. While this still points to an EHR as controlling a device on a patient, it focuses on the work that PCD addresses. HITSP's meeting the week before the Connectathon will address where responsibilities will fall now that HITSP is charged with making this happen. There will be meetings leading up to that one. Todd invited PCD members to participate. Paul observed that their item D.i. opens the door for delays.
  • HL7/IEEE/ISO Orlando Meeting Preparation: This will address semantic architecture. Todd requested technical issues that should be brought to the meeting next week. Christopher noted that the vocabulary working group has scheduled a meeting and asked if PCD will participate in this meeting. Todd and Melvin Reynolds will participate in this joint meeting. Christopher noted that there is a meeting regarding terminology maintenance on Thursday and Todd said he would attend.
  • RTM and RTM-Vent Update: Paul is continuing work on the project. An RTM-Vent meeting follows this one.
  • Continua: Continua will participate in the HIMSS09 Showcase. They will have a small pod with 4-6 seats with devices such as a glucose meter. Data will be sent through a hub to an EHR vendor. Development of Interface #2 from the home to the EHR will be mentioned as a work in progress working with PCD. The objective is to show the data as XDS compliant page(s). Paul described an ideal situation where the data would be displayed on a flow sheet in the PCD, but that is unlikely in the time available. Continua will participate in the Connectathon. Interface #2 development was not discussed.
  • ICE-PAC Update: Todd and John Rhoads have actively participated in these meetings. Interaction diagrams, schematic content, have been discussed. A gap analysis will be performed.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Action Items
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • TF Update: Change date to Feb. 4.
  • 62: Change date to Jan. 21
  • 66: John Garguilo sent an email with this update: "Basically, the update is: we still need valid HL7 profiles (likely derived in Message Workbench [MWB]) for each of the ACM, PIV, and DEC (including the PIB and SPD supplements) IHE-PCD Integration Profiles.

I was/am hoping the companies (or leads on the profiles) have been working on getting correct HL7 (MWB) profiles. At the last Tcon some participants had mentioned they would put their updated HL profiles on the ftp site. Not sure where this is at? (The only one I found at the ftp site under PCD/tools is B.Braun profile on 11/7/08 for PCD-01). Should companies be placing their profiles at: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Connectathons/Yr3-2009/Yr3-PreConnectathonTesting/" Todd and Sandra addressed

  • 73: Change date to Jan. 21
  • 74: Agreement that this will be an enumeration of two states (TBD). Close.
  • 75: Change date to Jan. 21
  • 76: Sandra will show NIST's progress next week. Manny noted that this will likely be included in the Virtual Connectathon rather than the Connectathon. Change date to Jan. 21
  • 77: Jeff noted this is not a critical issue, but the pharmacy group needs to address the issue. Todd will check with Gary Meyer.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be January 21, 2009: PCD TC 2009-01-21 Webex

PCD Home