PCD RTM 2008-06-25 WebEx
IHE PCD Rosetta Terminology Mapping (RTM) Ventilator Task Group regular discussion meeting. See the Proposed Agenda below for specific topics.
Topic: IHE PCD RTM Vent TG
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Time: 12:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone informaiton will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Introductions to new participants
- 2. Review agenda
- 3. Review / approve previous meeting minutes (6/12)
- 4. Review Vent TG Work plan & Subsequent WebEx Agendas
- Vent Operational Mode Representation (primary & backup)
- Vent Breath Type Representation
- Waveforms & Breath-to-Breath Annotations
- Gap: Monitors
- Gap: Settings
- Gap: Configuration Parameters
- 5. Next F2F meeting Scheduling
- 6. Review Updated Furniss Breath Mode / Type Model
- 7. New Issues
Attachments / Materials
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions Foundry)
- Bikram Day (Capsule), Robert Flanders (GE Healthcare), Manny Furst (Improvement Technologies), Pete Goulding (Cardinal/VIASYS), Joel Halle (Cardinal/VIASYS), Ken Marks (GE Healthcare), Terri Monk (IOTA), Paul Schluter (GE Healthcare), Nanami Yamamoto <for Cyndy Miller> (Newport Medical)
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved as posted
- New participant from Newport Medical (sitting in for Cyndy Miller)
- Note: This was the first WebEx moved from Thursdays to Wednesdays - the absence of some of the normal participants may be due to this change.
2 Approval of Minutes
Status/Discussion: 3 Action Items Review
- (Chip 2008.06.12) Waiting for PDF of Chip's taxonomy table to the group in the previous meeting.
- (Todd 2008.06.12) Use Case & general overview presentation to be scheduled before next Vent TG meeting; esp. given the number of new participants.
- TC121/SC4 Coordination - Todd has been working with Steven Dain, Rob Chatburn & Norman Jones re. understanding the work scope between this group and the ISO TC121/SC4 group that is also working on ventilator mode terminology; a summarization presentation will be made to the group before or during the next meeting.
- Kaiser Permanente HL7 CDA=>Database Project - Todd passed on an update made by Dr. Peter Hendler (KP) regarding an HL7 CDA project that they have been pursuing that processes "Pulmonary Function Test" documents (CDA) into a database for further processing; this project is also now coordinated with development of the National Health Information Network (NHIN);
- Todd will invite Peter to provide a brief update to the group in a future meeting.
- Todd will provide an overview presentation of the RTM Vent work before or during the next meeting.
4 RTM Vent TG Objectives & Workplan
- Per the agenda, there was a general review of the overall objectives of the IHE PCD Rosetta Terminology Mapping project, particularly the Vent TG. The discussion was abbreviated due that most of the meeting participants were already well acquainted with IHE and the RTM supplement project.
- This subject will be included in the "overview presentation" mentioned above.
- The overall sense (especially by the end of this meeting's discussion) was that the group should move beyond the vent mode description ASAP and start to address gaps in settings and monitors, as well as waveforms and breath-to-breath annotations.
5 Mode Document Review (Chatburn & Weismann)
- The attached materials were discussed, with the major focus on Chatburn's Aphorisms document
- The general consensus of the group was that Chatburn's Aphorisms were fairly close to the paradigm coming out of the Cambridge meetings and should be used to further refine the concepts of that table.
- General comments to these Aphorisms has been posted to the FTP site.
6 General Vent Mode Discussion
- The group had a general discussion following the Chatburn Aphorisms review and the previous mode semantics (captured on the vent mode wiki page.
- It was determined that a "vent operational configuration" data set should be defined including as separate parameters: Patient Interface, Delivery Method, Operational Mode, and Backup Mode.
- Operational Mode will be a combination of Breathing Pattern, Breath Shape, and Adaptive Targets ... in that order of priority.
- If the Delivery Method is high frequency, this may imply a different set of HF semantics.
- The Adaptive Targets may actually end up being a list, with the primary Target included in the mode and a list of the secondary targets / augmentations.
- It was reiterated that Operational Mode is necessarily generic and generalized. Also communicated from the ventilator are setting parameters, including attribution regarding which are active/inactive (based on operational modality), which are operator set or derived, etc.
- Individual Breath Types will be captured by breath-by-breath annotations, to be discussed in a separate session.
- (Cooper) Update the vent mode wiki page to reflect a "vent operational configuration" data set + references to the various documents and discussions that have been enjoined since the page was created.
- (Marks) Update the wiki page mode table based on Chatburn's Aphorisms and the group's discussion today. This will include a mapping / correlation of the 10 Aphorisms to the updated mode table.
- (Goulding) Review the Breath Shape enumerations to ensure that it properly accounts for the various Trigger and Cycle combinations that devices support.
- (Cooper/Monk) Once the table mode table has been updated, a special discussion with clinical participants (Chatburn, MacIntyre and others) should be scheduled to ensure that the approach properly addresses clinical needs.
7 Next Meeting
- Next Vent TG meeting scheduled for Wednesday 2008.07.09
- Alternate Wednesdays are scheduled for RTM (non-Vent focused) meetings. The next meeting is scheduled for 2008.07.02
- Note: Due to IHE International membership requirements, detailed WebEx and TCon information will no longer be posted on the wiki pages but will be sent via e-mail to group members.
Next Vent TG meeting scheduled for Wednesday 2008.07.09, with subsequent meetings bi-weekly after that.
(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-07-09)