PCD Pump 2022-01-10 Zoom
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Monday, Jan 10, 2022
Time: 12:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Kurt Elliason for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review 2021-12-13 Pump Zoom Session
- 3. Discussion of MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP, MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP_CURRENT, MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP_SETTING
- 4. Review containment draft for pcd-01 - enumerations
- 5. Review PCD Device Infusion Pump Action Items
- 6. New Business / Next Meetings
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- PCD03 containment for discussion
- Chair/Host: Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Agenda & Discussion Notes Review
- Chair + Steve Dain
- Existing term MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP 26712 (secondary refid as MDC_RATE_INFUS) which is currently defined as "Volume rate delivered by pump" in the 10101:2019 and is defined differently as "Programmed volumetric delivery rate" in latest PCD10 containment spreadsheet
- New proposed term MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP_CURRENT code 26942 defined as "current pump fluid flow"
- Historically we have used 26712 as the flow of the pump.
- Pump WG desired to communicate what the pump rate is set at, even when the pump is not infusing.
- We may have created some difficulties with the proposed term and the "new" definition of an old term.
- Suggestion is to delete the proposed term MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP_CURRENT, clarifying the definition of MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP 26712 as "current fluid volume rate delivered by the pump"
- Create a new term MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP_SETTING with the definition "current fluid volume rate setting" Note: This represents the current set rate with the pump either in standby or infusing
3 PCD03 Containment
4 Next Meeting
- Topics will include ...
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 12:00 (Eastern) on Jan 24 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on <TBD>