Difference between revisions of "PCD Pump 2009-09-30 WebEx"
m (meeting notes approved 11/4/09)
|Line 114:||Line 114:|
''(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG
''(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG ''
Revision as of 13:23, 16 November 2009
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Time: 14:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Events List
- 2. F2F WG Breakout Agenda
- 3. ID Management Proposal
Attachments / Materials
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper
- Participants: Ruth Berge, Al Engelbert, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Kristina Wilson, Jan Wittenber, Khalid Zubaidi
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda was reviewed & approved without modification
2 Events List
- Reviewed Kristina's Event List document ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Devices/InfusionPumps/20090930_WebEx/Infusion_Pump_Events.doc
- Verified with Erin that this list includes infusion events that are of interest to clinicians
- Question: How are "events" reported? (Question from Al)
- ACM or DEC or both?
- Data requirements (identified in Kristina's document) should be captured in semantic content specification files (e.g., Rosetta tables for events) regardless of the transactional mechanisms utilized.
- Question: What is the ultimate usage of the communicated events? (All events are not created equal!)
- MDC_EVT_INFUS_RATE_CHG ... this event may have a different import at the clinical level than normal / expected med admin milestones.
- Some events are simply needed for documentation purposes (e.g., flowsheets)
- Some events may be used to alert (not alarm) clinical staff of potentially important status changes
- Some events (and information) may be used to drive CDSS or centralized medication admin applications
- Note: For the EMR, processing of the events w/ data => clinical workflow context => business rules / clinical policies => trigger actions
- Question: How should this be profiled in the PCD TF?
- Infusion Pump Event Content Profile?
- Event Communication Management w/ Infusion Pump Option?
3 F2F WG Breakout Agenda
- Pump WG F2F Breakout Topics (prioritized):
- 1. PIV Document Update Review
- Per harmonization w/ other IHE profile discussions
- Per CPs
- Per Integration Statement support discussion
- 2. Pump Event Profile (Content + Transactions - model approach)
- 3. Pump Information Model Discussion
- 4. PCA Content Profile (Device Specialization profile?)
- 5. Bolus Dosing Content Profile
- 6. Syringe Pump Content Profile (Device Specialization profile?)
- 7. Other pump related profile proposals / issues
4 ID Management Proposal
- Ran out of time for this discussion.
5 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting will be held during the F2F in Dallas during the week of October 5.
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held as breakout session at the F2F during the week of 10/5/2009.
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on 11/4/2009)