PCD Pump 2009-06-04 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009
Time: 11:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone informaiton will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review Infusion Pump Wiki Pages
- 3. ICE-PAC Overview Schedule Poll Review
- 4. PIV CP to correct MDC_X_ text
- 5. Review 2009.05.19-20 F2F Action Items
- 6. Work Plan Discussion
- 7. Open Discussion
Attachments / Materials
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (BSF)
- Participants: Ruth Berge (GE), Al Engelbert (ProtoLink/B.Braun), Colin FX (Epic), Chad Hays (Cerner), Brad Lunde (Cardinal/Alaris), Jeff Rinda (Hospira), Erin Sparnon (ECRI), Jan Wittenber (Philips), Khalid Zubaidi (Cardinal/Alaris)
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda reviewed, updated (with MDC_X_ item), and approved.
2 Approval of Discussion Notes
- The majority of the meeting was dedicated to reviewing the action items from the recent F2F meeting in San Diego (See below).
- ACTION: (Cooper) Complete consolidation of the MindMap-based notes from the F2F meeting and post to this wiki page.
3 Infusion Pump Wiki Page Review
- Per action items from the recent F2F, Todd led the group through a review of the new infusion pump related wiki pages, including:
- NOTE: Group members were encouraged to review the pages and recommend organizational changes or provide / add content.
- Also, a new proposed Infusion Pump google Group was considered (vs. the current "PIV" focused group):
- - Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Groups:
- - New name should be email@example.com
- - Current group (firstname.lastname@example.org) should be retained for future PIV-related discussions.
- ACTION: (Rinda) Update the general Infusion Pump Working Group wiki page Section #1 text.
- ACTION: (Cooper) Migrate names from current (PIV) Google Group to new group list. Change old list to have a single pointer to the new list (for a transition period only).
4 ICE-PAC Overview Scheduling
- The group reviewed the Doodle poll for the proposed ICE-PAC Overview presentation to the I/P WG.
- The selected date & time are:
- Monday 2009.06.22 @ 11:00 Pacific (2 hour slot)
- ACTION: (Cooper/Furst) Schedule the WebEx session & send the information to the group.
- ACTION: (Cooper/Furst) Determine the availability / cost for recording the session for later playback for those group members who cannot participate during this time slot.
5 PIV MDC_X_ CP Discussion
- Cooper / Engelbert
- Todd explained that during the RTM Public Comment resolution last year, it was decided that for the Rosetta tables, any units of measurement Reference ID's that include the "_X_" text, if there is no scalar present, then the text should be removed. For example, MDC_DIM_X_G, should be expressed as MDC_DIM_G if it simply representing grams. Milligrams would be MDC_DIM_MILLI_G. See the table of decimal factors in ISO/IEEE 11073-10101 Table A.6.1.
- Al observed that there are Ref ID's in the PIV document that include the _X_ text and should be removed.
- Todd told the group that:
- The Rosetta tables are the ultimate reference for ISO/IEEE 11073 terminology usage within IHE profiles. If there are any issues related to the presence / absence / representation of terms in the Rosetta, they should be identified (e.g., via the CP process) and resolved by the RTM profile group.
- ACTION: (Rinda) Update the PIV CP to include correction of all terminology Ref ID's that include "_X_".
6 San Diego F2F Action Item Review
- Todd led the group through a general review of the San Diego F2F Discussion Notes & Action Items:
- #7: Change the due date to 2009.06.22; Ruth will take a first pass at the CP and then coordinate with Gary Meyer when he returns from vacation (around 2009.06.18).
- #8: Add Ruth Berge to participants list.
- #9: Extend the identified fields to include: 17, 18, 23 &24
- #12: Add syringe pump events as well as determination whether syringe type / size information is important and available (e.g., actually communicated from the pump and/or stored on the pump server!).
- #13: Change owner to Rinda.
- #19: Update the IHE HL7 group to their official name / wiki reference page.
- This set of Action Items should be moved to the main Infusion Pump WG page and used to track future activities.
- ACTION: (Cooper) Notify those not present in this meeting (e.g., John Rhoads & Ioana) about the action items assigned to them.
- ACTION: (Rinda) Collect all the CPs in to single profile-specific documents (i.e., one per profile, DEC & PIV).
- ACTION: (Cooper) Update the action item list (per above discussion) and move to the main Infusion Pump WG wiki page.
7 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting should be between 2009.06.15 - 17, 08:00 - 14:00 Pacific.
- ACTION: (Cooper) Create a Doodle poll to determine the time of the next I/P WG meeting.
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: <TBD> (120 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG <TBD>