PCD Proposals Cycle 8
Cycle 8 - 2013/2014 (Starting Fall 2012) Work Item Development Cycle
The Patient Care Device Domain will use this page to track the development of Cycle 8 WorkItem Proposals starting Fall 2012 and developed during 2013 and tested in 2014:
- Brief WorkItem Proposals are submitted for consideration
- The PCD Planning Committee evaluates and prioritizes these proposals
- The PCD Technical Committee considers their feasibility (e.g., standards and resources available)
- Detailed proposals are developed, led by the Planning Committee
- Recommendations are sent to the PCD Technical Committee.
- Detailed WorkItem Proposals are evaluated by the Technical Committee
- Working Groups are formed to develop Supplements (technical documents) or Change Proposals for the approved proposals
The development calendar is available at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Patient_Care_Device
The Change Proposals are available at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Change_Proposal_List
Cycle 8 WorkItem Candidates
- A high-level ftp folder ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/IHEPCDyr8-2013-2014/ has been developed for the proposals below.
- Please use the Word template at Word documents at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Document_templates/ for your Brief Proposal.
- - When final please provide a PDF document (preferred) or Word document.
- - When the PDF or Word document is available, please send it to email@example.com for posting to the ftp folder.
The following WorkItem Proposals were approved for the 2013-2014 Development Cycle.
The following were previously approved work items were reaffirmed for work this cycle
- Device Point-of-care Integration (DPI) - NOTE: These have already passed the Brief & Detailed proposal stages.
- Workitem - Parking Lot (from past cycles) placeholder
- Recent Past Cycles (note, proposals that were not balloted are also available on these pages):
- - http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_7
- - http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_6
- - http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_5
- (DPI-SYM) DPI/Symmetric Communication
- Device Specialization - ESU (Brief Proposal)
- Device Specialization - Hearing Screening Device Profile (See QRPH White Paper - Newborn Screening (NBS) <hint: search for "PCD">) ** (Joint w/ QRPH?)
- Remote Viewing of Real-Time ECG (IHE-J & IHE-K proposal) **
- Cross Enterprise TeleHomeMonitoring Workflow Definition (XTHM-WD) (Brief Proposal, PDF) (Brief Proposal, Word)
- Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Brief Proposal)
- Across Enterprise ACM (Brief Proposal, moved from past cycles parking lot)
- White Paper - Parking Lot (from past cycles)
- Regulatory Considerations
- V&V & IHE: Medical Device Testing in a HIT World **
- (RCT) Really Consistent Time (Brief Proposal, moved from past cycles parking lot) White Paper
The following WorkItem Proposals were reviewed and are not being considered for Cycle 8.
- As above.
Cycle 8 (Starting Fall 2012) 2013-2014 Approved WorkItems
PCD Technical Framework Maintenance
The current versions of volumes 1 and 2 of the PCD Technical Framework can be found at:
Continue Prior WorkItems
- (ACM) Alarm Communication Management - will become Alert Communication Management (renamed, some changes)
- (DEC) Device-to-Enterprise Communication
- (IDCO) Implantable Device Cardiac Observations
- (IPEC) Infusion Pump Event Communication (will be renamed for wider scope, Event Communication, EC)
- (PCIM) Point-of-care Identity Management (formerly called Device to Patient Association)
- (PIV) Point-of-care Infusion Verification
- (RDQ) Retrospective Data Query (previously ADQ)
- (RTM) Rosetta Terminology Management
- (WCM) Waveform Content Module (Option in ACM, DEC)
- (DPI) Device Point-of-Care Integration
- Medical Device Cybersecurity (Brief Proposal)