PCD PC 2010-08-18 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled PC Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: August 4 PCD PC 2010-08-04 Webex
- 3. IHE-PCD support of a Summit on infusion pumps coordinated by AAMI and FDA
- 4. Cycle 6 2010-2011 Call for Proposals
- 5. Co-chair elections
- Ken Fuchs nominated for PC, John Garguilo nominated for TC
- Vote for PC cochair here by 8/27
- Sept, 2010- New co-chairs announced
- Oct 2010- New co-chairs start their term
- 6. WCM - comments in
- 7. CP for DOR and DOC WS-*
- 8. ACM - CP's including AC protocol WCTP
- 9. PIV - error code table
- 10. RCM
- 11. MEM
- 12. Technical Framework
- TI v2.0 ballots due 8/25
- 13. CP for PCD-01 OBR-4 due 8/30
- 14. PCD Help Forum
- 15. Connectathon Registration 8/16 - 10/8
- January 17-21, 2011
- 16. Action Item Review
- 17. Additional Business
- 18. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Steve Merritt
- Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Chad Hays, Roy Kerns, Brad Lunde, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Signureanu, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- FDA/AAMI Infusion Pump Conference: Hospira will have a representative. IHE PCD has been invited to cosponsor. Manny noted that if approved by IHE USA the PCD will have a couple of free registrations. He asked that those interested let him know so that these can be distributed quickly if approved.
- PCD Work Item Proposals Cycle 6: Steve summarized the process, noting the deadline to submit ideas for Cycle 6. He posted a Wiki page, described the existing list of concepts proposed earlier that did not receive sufficient support and can be considered for the new cycle. Those interested in bringing them to this cycle should review, update if necessary, and make it known that it should considered again.
- Cochair Elections: Steve summarized the process. Members should have received ballots from IHE for each office.
- WCM Ballot Comments: John Rhoads indicated that comments received have been addressed, but some are more than editorial and a meeting will be set to discuss those. WCM, at this time, will be a New Directions effort because we have not received an indication of a sufficient number of interested vendors. Manny requested that any vendors who are interested and have not indicated their interest to please do so. John Garguilo offered to provide some level of NIST test tooling if someone will develop the MWB profile.
- ACM: the ACM WG meets tomorrow to review and update the TI version. It will then be balloted by the TC. SMTP and WCTP will be included as options. SMTP may be removed before it becomes part of the TF. Manny has asked Lynn to include these as options and is waiting for a response.
- TF: The TC TI ballot closes on the 25th. John Rhoads encouraged members to review and comment on the TI version, noting that this is useful in implementing the profiles. He described how this version will lead to the Final Text version. He noted that passing this document and making changes in response to comments will enable the PC to review for moving to FT this Fall. It would be updated in a new FT version after the Connectathon. John and Steve described the benefits of having the FT version to vendors and users.
- Final Text Process: Steve led discussion of the Wiki page that describes the process for moving a TI version to Final Text candidate and approval as FT (see link in the agenda).
- PIV: Jeff provided an update, indicating that the Error Code Table has been updated. A CP is open addressing Unknown Medication. Addressing Unknown Patient will be offered as an agenda item in the F2F. Today’s meeting will include discussion of the Event Communication. It will be introduced to the TC next week, seeking comments on generalizing the Profile.
- RCM: John Rhoads updated the work currently focused on rapid deployment ventilator effort, noting this relates to DPI device integration and RTM efforts on ventilator nomenclature.
- MEM: Steve indicated there are three parallel efforts: location tracking, evaluating the event communication work initiated by the Pump WG for applicability to MEM, and security WP.
- CP for PCD-01 OBR-4: Please vote.
- PCD Help Forum: Volunteers are sought for this new GG.
- Connectathon Registration: Registration will open by Friday, having been delayed. Members were encouraged to sign up for the 2011 N A Connectathon Google Group.
4 New Business
- Manny asked members to help recruit additional vendors. In particular, PCD needs medical record systems, ACM AC systems, WCM systems, and especially ADT systems supporting transactions that meet the needs of various PCD vendors. Manny offered to help make contacts directly, through John Donnelly or with members who have contacts. He noted that early contact is required to give the vendors time to implement the transactions.
5 Action Items
The next meeting will be September 1 PCD PC 2010-09-01 Webex