PCD PC 2009-12-02 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled PC Meeeting
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review of Discussion Summary PCD PC 2009-11-04 Webex and PCD PC&TC 2009-11-11 Webex
- 2. Review of Brief Profile Proposals and Work Items Previously Submitted
- 3. PCD Issues
- - ADT - PCD CPs for DEC, PIV
- - Validation vs. Verification Testing
- - ACM/DEC for events, alerts
- - Profile Option Specification and Testing
- 4. Update on White Papers, Supplements and Detailed Profile Proposals:
- - Ballot status - User's Handbook
- - MEM public comment resolution, other
- - ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- - DPI
- - Users' Handbook
- - PIV/Infusion Pump Open Issues / Extensions - Doodle Survey for Feb. F2F
- - RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- - IDCO
- - WCM
- - Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- - Regulatory Considerations
- 5. Continua
- 6. Connectathon/Showcase Update
- 7. ARRA/Meaningful Use and HITSP TN905 Public Comments
- 8. Next Meetings - Dates
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Steve Merritt, Baystate
- Alex Beechie, Rita Brahmbhatt, Bikram Day, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, John Hotchkiss, Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Maureen Richard, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Bob Steurer, John Zaleski, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda contains some out of date items; need to remove them
2 Approval of Discussion Summary
- Prior two meeting discussions accepted.
3 Action Items Review
- 71 Recruitment: Manny and Todd did a presentation for ACCE. Manny and Todd to get in touch with Chris Dinegar
- 72 Steve will post Wiki page, Erin will continue effort.
- 78 Survey – change to 2010
- 82 Users Guide – close
- 86 Glossary to be addressed following completion of Users Handbook
- 92 Vendor recruiting for Cycle 5 – Postpone until January
- 93 Certification – no change
- 97 RTLS – set June date
- 98 Demonstrations – close
- 102 Spring F2F – possibly May 3-7, depending upon DCC decisions on domain cochair F2Fs
4 Profiles and Supplements
- WG Leadership
- ACM: Changed two OBX fields as a result of testing and Monroe changed this in the MWB profile. This accommodates alarms without physiologic correlates (e.g., pump door open). They will be meeting tomorrow and discuss the AC actors’ private network for the Connectathon.
- DPI: Todd is drafting material for the WP; meeting tomorrow; they are attempting to finish by the 18th.
- PIV: Will meet again after the Connectathon. They will set a date for a F2F in San Diego in Feb.
- RTM Vent: Working on breath by breath ventilation.
- IDCO: Testing is revealing issues to be addressed in the Supplement, MWB and NIST tools. Interim adjustments are being made and longer term revision is anticipated.
- WCM: Continuing to work on document, will meet today. A TC review version should be available soon.
5 Detailed Profile Proposals
- The four Detailed Profile Proposals adopted for Cycle 5 are:
- - Device Integration Profile Guidance Chair: Todd use DPI Google Group
- - Device Integration – General Contend Profile Chair: Todd GG TBD
- - Event Communication Chair: John Rhoads GG TBD
- - Device to Patient Association Chair: Gary and a GE cochair GG TBD
- These are due December 30 and will be discussed at the joint PC/TC meeting Jan. 6.
n Next Meeting
PC meeting December 16, 2009 PCD PC 2009-12-16 Webex
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">