PCD PC 2009-07-22 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 13:44, 17 May 2010 by Smaxwell (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Committee Tcons

Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

updated with selected information from July 8 as a placeholder

Please Add Your Suggestions

  • ACM Open Issues / Extensions
  • DPI
  • Medical Equipment Management
  • PIV/Infusion Pump Open Issues / Extensions
  • RTM Open Issues / Extensions
  • IDCO
  • WCM
  • Medical Device Semantic Architecture
  • Regulatory Considerations
  • Continua
  • Connectathon/Showcase kick-off July 30th
  • PCD Showcase Planning with HIMSS to begin shortly
  • ARRA/Meaningful Use
  • Review Action Items
  • New Business

Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Updated With meeting of July 8 PCD PC 2009-07-08 Webex Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- July 8, 2009 Open Ken reported that there is activity on this topic, but nothing concrete to report. He saw the headline to an article that claimed that the initial focus will be on Class III devices.
71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny spoke with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS. Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium.
72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Following the F2F – good timing for a press release.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler July 8, 2009 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
The HITSP CMDC/CDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings.
PCD and HL7 will meet at HIMSS. HITSP is pushing for more robust document communications. Change date to April 15.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto Manny July 8, 2009 Open See earlier meetings for history. Ray to release updated survey to HIMSS Analytics.
82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- July 8, 2009 Open Steve indicated a Wiki page is available and will set up a WebEx to review in mid-July.
86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Steve -- August 5, 2009 Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Ken will ask Ray about this one.
90 Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) Jan Wittenber Maria, Lisa Carnahan July 8, 2009 OPEN Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ). Anticipate this will pick up in mid-July including some PCD related items. Jan submitted some RTM items in the Tiger Team required format and showed that the semantic requirements differed from the original concepts. Definition of Meaningful Use has been published and does pertain to device connectitivity (target 2015]. [06/24/09]Co-chairs will be sending a letter asking that this be accelerated given the existing work that is already available. Meaningful Use: Todd sent note recommending device interoperability be moved up from 2015 to 2010.
91 Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 2009.08.05 OPEN For MEM: Battery management (leverage existing PCD-01), Location boundary alarms, Nomenclature requirements (Data types, names, value sets), Examine status of location services within HL7 Manny to look at setting up a Wiki page and confer with Todd. Paul suggested including device related terms (status, etc.) and location information.
92 Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 Manny Barbara, Monroe, Steve Merritt July 8, 2009 OPEN Manny offered to make initial contacts with potential participating companies and asked Barbara to provide a list of what users want. Manny will contact companies identified by ECRI Institute and Monroe, and include a list of user needs and priorities for ACM. Press releases represent another tool. Manny to remind participants that PCD should provide press releases. He will draft a release. Barriers to vendor participation were identified. Steve will develop the “Getting Started” Wiki page. The PCD webinar being prepared(HIMSS09 Showcase presentation) may be useful. Manny will make phone calls and requested contact information for potential participants. Also see #91
93 Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance Elliot Ioana 2009.05.04 OPEN Elliot and Ioana will approach John Halamka, Steve Lieber and NIST regarding certification for PCD. Greg will follow up with Iaona this afternoon. Todd emphasized the importance of quick action to assure that PCD is on their radar. Todd will talk to Elliot and Iaona about progress.
94 OPEN



Participants

Chair: Steve Merritt
  • Ruth Berge, Rita Brahmbhatt, Bikram Day, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Chad Hays, Rich Hillman, Sarah Hopkins, Yarisa Jaroch, Jianguo Jiang, Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Greg Staudenmaier, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Accepted

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Accepted as posted with minor change to definitions of EUI-64

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID - FDA is moving on the subject. Conference on the subject has been advertised.
  • 71: Recruit clinicians - Unchanged.
  • 72: Press releases as recruiting tool - Desire to distribute IDCO.
  • 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA - Unchanged.
  • 78: 2009 Survey Development - Ray asked HIMSS to prepare the survey. Steve asked if the results will be available at the October F2F.
  • 82: Users Guide - Will be available shortly.
  • 86: Contribute to, or develop a glossary - Unchanged.
  • 90: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) - Close. Open new one for HITSP Meaningful Use
  • 91: Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 - Wiki page established. There will be a call for new proposals shortly.
  • 92: Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 - Unchanged.
  • 93: Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance - Move to Sept.
  • 94: New resulting from #90

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • #41 - Manny to contact Jeff Secunda.
  • #72 - Manny to contact Nick, Tom.
4 Profile and White Paper Updates
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Updates
TF/DEC - No update.
ACM - Issues around actors/transactions that are not supported by vendors as the profile moves to Trial Implementation and becomes part of the TF – if they are optional transactions what impact does that have on NIST testing tools? John Garguilo suggested that unused and therefore untested transactions be optional and identified with dotted lines. John noted that PCD is moving to HL7 v 2.6 and some other changes may be requested. Next meeting tomorrow at 4 pm.
DPI – Meeting tomorrow.
IDCO - Public comments have been reviewed and addressed. Some tweaking of nomenclature remains. It will be posted to an ftp site for discussion at next week’s TC meeting then will be balloted for release as the TI version.
PIV/Infusion Pump - Issues related to PCD-01 required elements. Will meet today.
MEM - Draft WP went to committee for review. Steve reviewed the scope and table of contents. Location tracking will be separated since it has applications beyond MEM. It will be reviewed at next TC meeting and will go out for public comment.
RTM - Close to wrapping up this iteration, with 350 parameters. There are some issues related to dose measures related to infusors. Will meet following this meeting.
WCM - Will meet today at 3.
Semantic Architecture – Will begin in the Fall.
Regulatory Considerations - Will begin later.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to ask Lisa which committee(s) (PC, TC) act to release a WP.
5 Announcements
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Connectathon and Showcase - Kick off meeting next week. We will then set time for weekly regular meetings. Showcase planning for PCD will begin early, with the potential for distributed demo with other domains and with Continua. With additional companies we will need to develop new approaches to the demonstration.
  • F2F - No report.
  • User Handbook – No report.
  • Australia - No report.
  • HIMSS Asia_Pac - No report.
  • MOU with ICE – PAC - No report.
  • HITSP - ARRA/Meaningful Use: Device interoperability is on the timetable for 2015. RMON and Infusion are on for 2013.
  • Continua - The move to collaboration is progressing nicely. John Garguilo asked if this would add use cases. Paul agreed it would.
  • IHE Board - Ken indicated that the Domain Coordination Committee reviewed the PCD Board Report. It will be posted to the ftp site.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be July 22, 2009: PCD PC 2009-08-05 Webex.

<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">

PCD Home