PCD PC 2009-07-08 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
updated with information from May 27 as a placeholder
Please Add Your Suggestions
- Review of Discussion Summaries PCD PC 2009-06-24 Webex
- PCD Getting Started Wiki
- Update on White Papers and Supplements:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- Medical Equipment Management
- 6 IHE International
- 7 Continua
- 8 Vendor Recruiting
- 9 Review Action Items
- 10 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Updated With meeting of May 27 - must update
Discussion Summaries and Action Items of the May 13 Joint meeting PCD PC&TC 2009-05-13 Webex. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- June 10, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. Ken will contact Jeff to learn if there is anything new. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS. Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium and will make a presentation on IHE PCD. Paul presented to the Chicago area biomeds on Saturday. It went very well. 72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Following the F2F – good timing for a press release. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler June 10, 2009? Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
- The HITSP CMDC/CDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings.
- PCD and HL7 will meet at HIMSS. HITSP is pushing for more robust document communications. Change date to April 15.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto Manny June 10, 2009 Open See earlier meetings for history. Manny will work with Ray to update survey. 82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- June 10, 2009 Open Steve indicated a Wiki page is available.Draft ready in two weeks 86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Steve -- August 5, 2009 Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Ken will ask Ray about this one. 90 Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) Jan Wittenber Maria, Lisa Carnahan 2009.05.04 OPEN Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ). Anticipate this will pick up in mid-July including some PCD related items. Jan submitted some RTM items in the Tiger Team required format and showed that the semantic requirements differed from the original concepts. 91 Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 2009.08.05 OPEN For MEM: Battery management (leverage existing PCD-01), Location boundary alarms, Nomenclature requirements (Data types, names, value sets), Examine status of location services within HL7 Manny to look at setting up a Wiki page and confer with Todd. Paul suggested including device related terms (status, etc.) and location information. 92 Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 Manny Barbara, Monroe, Steve Merritt 2009.05.04 OPEN Manny offered to make initial contacts with potential participating companies and asked Barbara to provide a list of what users want. Manny will contact companies identified by ECRI Institute and Monroe, and include a list of user needs and priorities for ACM. Press releases represent another tool. Manny to remind participants that PCD should provide press releases. He will draft a release. Barriers to vendor participation were identified. Steve will develop the “Getting Started” Wiki page. The PCD webinar being prepared(HIMSS09 Showcase presentation) may be useful. Manny will make phone calls and requested contact information for potential participants. Also see #91 93 Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance Elliot Ioana 2009.05.04 OPEN Elliot and Ioana will approach John Halamka, Steve Lieber and NIST regarding certification for PCD.ask Elliot and Iaona about progress. Greg will follow up with Iaona this afternoon. Todd emphasized the importance of quick action to assure that PCD is on their radar. 94 OPEN
- Chair: Steve Merritt
- Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Micha Coleman, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Nick Steblay, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Discussion Summary
- Accepted as posted placeholder
3 Action Items Review
- 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID -
- 71: Recruit clinicians -
- 72: Press releases as recruiting tool -
- 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA -
- 78: 2009 Survey Development -
- 82: Users Guide -
- 86: Contribute to, or develop a glossary -
- 90: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) -
- 91: Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 -
- 92: Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 -
- 93: Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance -
4 Implantable Device Cardiac Observation Profile
- Need to determine which version of HL7 2.x (2.6 preferred) will be used going forward.
- Updates on White Papers
- – DPI –
- - User Handbook –
- - Semantic Architecture –
- - Regulatory Considerations -
- - MEM –
- HIMSS Asia_Pac -
- MOU with ICE –
The next meeting will be July 22, 2009: PCD PC 2009-07-22 Webex.
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">