PCD PC 2009-06-10 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review of Discussion Summaries PCD PC 2009-05-27 Webex
- PCD Getting Started Wiki
- Update on White Papers and Supplements:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- Medical Equipment Management
- 6 IHE International
- 7 Continua
- 8 Vendor Recruiting
- 9 Review Action Items
- 10 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Updated With meeting of June 10
Discussion Summaries and Action Items of the June 10th meeting PCD PC 2009-06-10 Webex. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- Open Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. Ken contacted Jeff but no response. Manny reports (from AAMI 2009) that FDA is still working on this topic 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS. Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium and will make a presentation on IHE PCD. Paul presented to the Chicago area biomeds on Saturday. It went very well. 72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Following the F2F – good timing for a press release. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler July 22, 2009 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
- The HITSP CMDC/CDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto Manny July 22, 2009 Open Manny discussed with Ray at AAMI 2009. 82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- June 10, 2009 Open Steve indicated a Wiki page is available. 86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Steve -- August 5, 2009 Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Ken will ask Ray about this one. 91 Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 PCD PC PCD PC 2009.08.05 OPEN For MEM: Battery management (leverage existing PCD-01), Location boundary alarms, Nomenclature requirements (Data types, names, value sets), Examine status of location services within HL7 Manny to look at setting up a Wiki page and confer with Todd. Paul suggested including device related terms (status, etc.) and location information. 92 Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 Manny Barbara, Monroe, Steve Merritt 2009.05.04 OPEN Manny offered to make initial contacts with potential participating companies and asked Barbara to provide a list of what users want. Manny will contact companies identified by ECRI Institute and Monroe, and include a list of user needs and priorities for ACM. Press releases represent another tool. Manny to remind participants that PCD should provide press releases. He will draft a release. Barriers to vendor participation were identified. Steve will develop the “Getting Started” Wiki page. The PCD webinar being prepared(HIMSS09 Showcase presentation) may be useful. Manny will make phone calls and requested contact information for potential participants. Also see #91 93 Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance Elliot Ioana 2009.07.22 OPEN Elliot and Ioana will approach John Halamka, Steve Lieber and NIST regarding certification for PCD.ask Elliot and Iaona about progress. Greg will follow up with Iaona this afternoon. Todd emphasized the importance of quick action to assure that PCD is on their radar. 94 TBD TBD TBD TBD OPEN TBD
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Manny Furst, Brad Lunde, Jeff Rinda, Sarah Hopkins, Scott Zaffrin, Yarisa Jaroch
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Discussion Summary
- Review of Continua RMON F2F. Paul reports that PCD-01 seems to have general acceptance within the sub-committee. Needs to be accepted by the Continua Technical Working Group.
3 Action Items Review
- 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID -
- 71: Recruit clinicians -
- 72: Press releases as recruiting tool -
- 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA -
- 78: 2009 Survey Development -
- 82: Users Guide -
- 86: Contribute to, or develop a glossary -
- 90: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) - CLOSED
- 91: Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 -
- 92: Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 -
- 93: Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance -
4 Implantable Device Cardiac Observation Profile
- Updates on White Papers
- – DPI –
- - User Handbook –
- - Semantic Architecture –
- - Regulatory Considerations -
- - MEM –
- MOU with ASTM and CIMIT –
The next meeting will be June 24, 2009: PCD PC 2009-06-24 Webex.
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">