PCD PC 2009-05-27 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
Updated with the Joint PC and TC meeting of May 13: PCD PC&TC 2009-05-13 Webex
Please Add Your Suggestions
- Review of Discussion Summaries PCD PC&TC 2009-05-13 Webex
- PCD Getting Started Wiki
- Update on White Papers and Supplements:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- Medical Equipment Management
- 6 IHE International
- 7 Continua
- 8 Vendor Recruiting
- 9 Review Action Items
- 10 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Updated With the Joint meeting of May 13
Discussion Summaries and Action Items of the May 13 Joint meeting PCD PC&TC 2009-05-13 Webex. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- April 22, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. Ken will contact Jeff to learn if there is anything new. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS. Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium and will make a presentation on IHE PCD. Paul presented to the Chicago area biomeds on Saturday. It went very well. 72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Following the F2F – good timing for a press release. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler April 15, 2009 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
- The HITSP CMDC/CDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings.
- PCD and HL7 will meet at HIMSS. HITSP is pushing for more robust document communications. Change date to April 15.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto Manny March 1, 2009 Open See earlier meetings for history. Manny will work with Ray to update survey. 82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- May 27, 2009 Open Steve indicated a Wiki page is available. Change date to end of May for kickoff. 86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Steve -- March 18, 2009 Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Ken will ask Ray about this one. 90 Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) Jan Wittenber Maria, Lisa Carnahan 2009.05.04 OPEN Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ). 91 Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 2009.05.04 OPEN For MEM: Battery management (leverage existing PCD-01), Location boundary alarms, Nomenclature requirements (Data types, names, value sets), Examine status of location services within HL7 92 Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 Manny Barbara, Monroe, Steve Merritt 2009.05.04 OPEN Manny offered to make initial contacts with potential participating companies and asked Barbara to provide a list of what users want. Manny will contact companies identified by ECRI Institute and Monroe, and include a list of user needs and priorities for ACM. Press releases represent another tool. Manny to remind participants that PCD should provide press releases. He will draft a release. Barriers to vendor participation were identified. Steve will develop the “Getting Started” Wiki page. The PCD webinar being prepared(HIMSS09 Showcase presentation) may be useful. 93 Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance Elliot Ioana 2009.05.04 OPEN Elliot and Ioana will approach John Halamka, Steve Lieber and NIST regarding certification for PCD. 94 OPEN
Members: John Blasingame, Rita Brahmbhatt, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Chad Hays, Sarah Hopkins, Yarisa Jaroch, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Mary Moewe, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudenmaier, Khalid Zubaidi
Chair : Ken Fuchs
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Accepted - Agenda approved with the addition of the Calgary meeting.
2 Discussion Summary
- Previous meetind summary accepted as posted
3 Action Items Review
- 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID - No change
- 71: Recruit clinicians - No change
- 72: Press releases as recruiting tool - No change
- 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA - Change date to ___
- 78: 2009 Survey Development - June 10
- 82: Users Guide - Draft ready for review in two weeks. Change date to June 10.
- 86: Contribute to, or develop a glossary - Glossary: put off until August
- 90: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on TC list) - Anticipated this will pick up in mid-July including some PCD related items. Jan submitted some RTM items in the Tiger Team required format and showed that the semantic requirements differed from the original concepts.
- 91: Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 - move out two months. Manny to look at setting up a Wiki page and confer with Todd. Paul suggested including device related terms (status, etc.) and location information. Set up an Action Item.
- 92: Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 - Manny will make phone calls and requested contact information for potential participants. Also see #91
- 93: Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance - Change date to June 10 and ask Elliot and Iaona about progress. Greg will follow up with Iaona this afternoon. Todd emphasized the importance of quick action to assure that PCD is on their radar.
4 Implantable Device Cardiac Observation Profile
- Moving toward release for public comment
5 Cycle 5
- Updates on White Papers
- – DPI – Regular DPI meetings will begin in mid-July.
- - User Handbook – Steve will complete the draft and asked how to obtain reviews.
- - Semantic Architecture – no change
- - Regulatory Considerations - no change
- - MEM - Wrapping up
- - Medical Device Semantic Architecture and Regulatory Considerations White Papers are on hold.
- Updates on Profiles
- - ACM - seeking companies for AM to AC
- - PIV - Todd summarized the meeting: John Garguilo (NIST) provided information on test tools. Erin Sparnon (ECRI Institute) addressed user and FDA expectations/education of profiles (in general); e.g., how the profiles contribute to clinical workflow (spreadsheets, etc.) or financial reporting. She also spoke about the need for education of end users and for a users guide, and offered to help. She is developing a proposal for HIMSS10 and requested participation. Jeff added that he sent her information on PCD profiles contributing to infusion pump interoperability.
- - RTM - The update will be available next week, with many additions and changes.
- - WCM - Meeting regularly, resolving issues. Document development anticipated to begin mid-June.
- IHE International: Incorporation should be finalized in next few weeks. IP policy scheduled for be finalized in mid-June. There is an effort to assure that participants are IHE members and have designated PCD committee participation.
- MOU with ICE – Ken noted that Julian Goldman will take the MOU with ASTM to a meeting.
- Canadian EMB meeting in Calgary: Monroe and Todd spoke. The users guide was a topic of interest.
- Continua: Has had discussions about various ways to address the link from home care devices to the enterprise. Ken noted that the team investigating this appears open to considering the options. Paul and Todd will attend the Continua meeting at IBM in Research Triangle Park in mid-June. One issue is payload encoding (including PCD-01) among the multiple options. The other issue is the transport layer. IBM prefers web services while PCD uses ____ . Either would be acceptable. Paul will present PCD-01 on a Tcon next week in advance of the face to face.
- Greg asked about Rob Snellick’s NIST presentation at the F2F. John Garguilo indicated that the presentation was a very early draft and will not be made available.
- Steve introduced the Getting Started Page and asked for suggestions.
The next meeting will be June 10, 2009: PCD PC 2009-06-10 Webex.
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">