PCD PC 2009-04-01 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
PLACEHOLDER updated from March 18
Please Add Your Suggestions
- 1 Review of Discussion Summaries PCD PC 2009-03-18 Webex
- 2 Spring F2F Meeting (May 4-7 @NIST)
- 3 Update on White Papers and Supplements:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- WCM (Work begins after HIMSS)
- QBD (Work begins after HIMSS)
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- Medical Equipment Management
- 4 Showcase Planning
- Showcase demo policy
- Companies and systems participating
- Physical layout
- New Directions Wall
- 5 IHE Australia
- 6 IHE International
- IEEE-IHE MoU Update
- 7 Continua
- 8 Review Action Items
- 9 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Updated From March 18
Discussion Summaries from previous meetings are not reviewed unless a significant issue is raised. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
Action Items from the previous meetings: PCD PC 2009-03-18 Webex
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- April 22, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. Ken will contact Jeff to learn if there is anything new. The FDA had a meeting in February and the transcript is on the web. Change date to April 22. 44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. The HL7/IEEE MOU is also in process. Todd Cooper -- April 22, 2009 Open Has been signed by IHE and sent to IEEE for signature 70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain. Ray -- May 13, 2009 Open Ray will learn who the contact person is for the reactivated Cardiology Domain. The pacemaker group will work within cardiology domain, and RTM will include terms for pacemaker communications. Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required. Todd reported that ACC/IHE talks continue and Cardiology will likely formally apply to become a domain again in the next month or two. Pacemaker vendors have continued work on IDC terminology and are targeting the Connectathon next year. If Cardiology cannot support this effort in time, the PCD may assist further. Add to March 3 Agenda. Change date to May 13, after ACC meeting where they are expected to announce sponsorship again. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS. Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium and will make a presentation on IHE PCD. The Chicago Area Biomeds' invitation may come alive; the VA's may be affected by the economy.
72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. PCD will invite companies to observe Connectathon and reach out to companies and users to invite them to the PCD demo at the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Two press releases have been prepared and distributed to various organizations for distribution. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler April 15, 2009 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
- The HITSP CMDC/CDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings.
- PCD and HL7 will meet at HIMSS. HITSP is pushing for more robust document communications. Change date to April 15.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto -- March 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures. A dry run is projected for March 1. Ken to remind Ray. 81 ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - transferred from TC Steve -- January 28, 2009 Open ISO TR283800 Part 2 has been approved. These work items were submitted to ISO TC215 per IHE International's Liaison agreement, and standardize both the IHE process as well as the technical frameworks that have been developed. A document that includes descriptions and pointers to all the different IHE profiles are required. As a result of this, each domain needs to make sure that the referenced material is complete and consistent. The following must be correct and up to date (from Charles Parisot):
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://www.ihe.net/Profiles.
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles. Each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be accurate.
- The overall listing of profiles included under IHE Domains at: http://www.ihe.net/Domains/index.cfm. Verify that each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be available from the Wiki (see above).
- Each Domain name must have a link to the decription of the domain and its scope. NOTE: THOSE descriptions are really weak and inconsistent. Todd will produce a one page (max) description of the Domain and more importantly of its scope for the ISO TR28380. This will be the place where the IHE.net web site will be referenced with specific profile decriptions.
- Todd will update IHE.net with materials already developed.
82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- May 27, 2009 Open Steve indicated a Wiki page is available. Change date to end of May for kickoff. 86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Steve -- March 18, 2009 Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Ken will ask Ray about this one. 87 Review the IHE.net/pcd page Todd John Rhoads March 4, 2009 Open Todd will address with this with John Rhoads. 88 Consider how to move non-IHE members to membership Manny John Rhoads April 1, 2009 Open Manny to review memberships against PC and TC participating people and non-member participants. For non-members extend invitations. Steve reviewed recent PC, TC attendance and found only a couple of names where company affiliation or IHE membership is in question. The two in question are understandable. 90 OPEN 91 Open 92 Open 93 Open
- Chair: Steve Merritt
- Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Micha Coleman, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Nick Steblay, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Discussion Summary
- Accepted as posted
3 Action Items Review
- 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID - Deferred
- 44: IEEE MOU - Completed, Close
- 70: Coordinate 12 lead ECG with Cardiology domain - Deferred
- 71: Recruit clinicians - Deferred
- 72: Press releases as recruiting tool - Deferred
- 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA - Deferred
- 76: Test Tooling, NIST and MWB - Deferred
- 78: 2009 Survey Development - Deferred
- 81: ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - Completed, close. See #87.
- 82: Users Guide - Deferred
- 83: Recruiting in Chicago area in advance of Showcase - Paul will present to the Chicago Area Biomeds
- 84: Vote on Brief Profile Proposals - Close
- 86: Glossary - will be addressed in DPI; close
- 87: Review the IHE.net/pcd page - Change date to April 8
- 88: Encourage non-IHE members to membership - Deferred
- 89: Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries -
4 Implantable Device Cardiac Observation Profile
- Tom Schultz provided a summary presentation of the Implantable Device Cardiac Observation Profile as a foundation for the PC ballot to accept this profile as part of the PCD’s program. The summary was similar to that provided to the TC last week (see those minutes for detail). The goal is to publish in 2009 and participate in the 2010 Connectathon and Showcase(s). The nomenclature will be finalized and balloted in IEEE.
- The IDCO profile was initiated under the Cardiac Domain which was in limbo for a period. The Cardiac Domain is reconstituted, and the domain and the IHE supports this profile transitioning to PCD. A PC and a TC ballot will be required.
- Ken asked if Manny will be responsible for developing the Test Cases for the Connectathon. The IDCO WG would likely require the pacemaker community to provide the major portion of the work with Manny’s guidance – pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon and Connectathon testing. At the same time, the NIST test tools may provide some of the testing process.
- Following HIMSS to brainstorm new approach - we’ve outgrown the current paradigm; and lessons learned.
- Showcase demonstration policy.
- Remind PCD about F2F and Hilton room prices available only until April 4.
- Need to determine which version of HL7 2.x (2.6 preferred) will be used going forward.
- - Manny to place on the agenda for the TC after HIMSS09.
- Updates on White Papers
- – DPI – No change
- - User Handbook – No change
- - Semantic Architecture – Med Device Semantic Arch deferred until summer
- - Regulatory Considerations deferred indefinitely
- - MEM – No change
- Update on Connectathon and Showcase -
- HIMSS Asia_Pac - Todd will meet with Dr. Kwak after the exhibit hall closes. He will attempt to learn what interests they have.
- MOU with ICE – CIMIT and ASTM MOUs have been sent to Dr. Goldman – add to agenda
- HITSP will hold an F2F.
The next meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on April 15, 2009 PCD PC&TC 2009-04-15 Webex followed by a PC meeting on April 29, 2009: PCD PC 2009-04-29 Webex
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">