PCD PC 2009-01-28 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please Add Your Suggestions
- 1 Review of Discussion Summaries PCD PC 2009-01-14 Webex
- 2 PCD Process Wiki PCD Process
- 3 Update on Detailed Profile Proposals:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- DPI Profile Update
- WCM Profile Update
- QBD Profile Update
- Meeting and vote next week
- 4 Update on White Paper Development:
- Medical Equipment Management
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- Meeting and vote next week
- 5 AHIC Common Device Connectivity (CDC) Call for Participation
- 6 Review Schedule through Connectathon
- 7 Review Action Items
- 8 Set Future Meeting Dates (Connectathon is Feb. 23-27)
- Next meeting is a joint meeting with the TC, Feb. 4.
- 9 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Updated From Jan. 14
Discussion Summaries from previous meetings are not reviewed unless a significant issue is raised. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
Action Items from the previous meetings: PCD PC 2009-01-14 Webex
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- January 14, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. 44 IEEE MOU. Todd Cooper -- February 28, 2009 Open MOU content has been finalized. Waiting for IHE and IEEE to sign. 70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain. Ray -- February 11, 2009 Open Ray will learn who the contact person is for the reactivated Cardiology Domain. The pacemaker group will work within cardiology domain, and RTM will include terms for pacemaker communications. Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Steve, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS.
- Potential for recruiting at Connectathon. If anyone wants to invite a company to observe at Connectathon let Manny know.
- Two press releases have been prepared and distributed to various organizations for distribution.
- Invite new companies to observe PCD at this year’s Connectathon. Manny to compile list as suggestions are received.
- Manny to forward HIMSS announcement of the one day conference during the Connectathon.
- Recruiting presentation during the Connectathon has not received support from Didi. We may want to consider a webinar. Manny described the opportunity to make a presentation to the Chicago area biomed society in March and asked for a volunteer.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler January 28, 2009 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter January 28, 2009 Open Rob Snellick is working on this. Peter Rontey identified two open issues. One suggests that PCD may need to select HL7 v.2.6 as baseline. The other relates to OBX.5 which has an indeterminate data type. Peter believes he has a solution if NIST Message Maker can accommodate his approach. John Garguilo suggested this be changed to two issues, one related to HL7 profiles and the other to develop and validate the profiles. Decision deferred.
With regard to test tools and validation the MWB will be used, and can be used in Pre-Connectathon testing. We need to identify what the vendors will communicate within the profiles and select the parameters that will be used. We then need to know what tables and other data is used and these must also be provided to NIST. Optimally, values and ranges will be defined. We need to define the profiles and parameters that will be used to validate RTM.
This effort is a test of the NIST tools as well, the goal is to provide Cypress as a web tool available anytime desired.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto -- March 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures. A dry run is projected for March 1. 81 ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - transferred from TC Todd -- January 28, 2009 Open ISO TR283800 Part 2 has been approved. These work items were submitted to ISO TC215 per IHE International's Liaison agreement, and standardize both the IHE process as well as the technical frameworks that have been developed. A document that includes descriptions and pointers to all the different IHE profiles are required. As a result of this, each domain needs to make sure that the referenced material is complete and consistent. The following must be correct and up to date (from Charles Parisot):
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://www.ihe.net/Profiles.
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles. Each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be accurate.
- The overall listing of profiles included under IHE Domains at: http://www.ihe.net/Domains/index.cfm. Verify that each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be available from the Wiki (see above).
- Each Domain name must have a link to the decription of the domain and its scope. NOTE: THOSE descriptions are really weak and inconsistent. Todd will produce a one page (max) description of the Domain and more importantly of its scope for the ISO TR28380. This will be the place where the IHE.net web site will be referenced with specific profile decriptions.
82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- February 1, 2009 Open Draft document for review should be available February 1 84 Vote on Brief Profile Proposals Todd -- January 28, 2009 Open The official vote remains to be validated due to lack of an updated roster. Only one or two votes are in question so most conclusions will hold after the tally is official. Manny will send the current tallies of the votes and preferences. He will seek volunteers to lead development of the Detailed Profile Proposals. Detailed Profile Proposals should be completed by February 16. 86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Ray -- -- Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. 87 Review the IHE.net/pcd page Todd John Rhoads January 28, 2009 Open -- 88 Consider how to move non-IHE members to membership Ken John Rhoads January 28, 2009 Open -- 89 Review PCD wiki pages and make them consistent with other domains -- -- -- Open -- 90 Open 91 Open 92 Open 93 Open
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Colin FX Garska, Christof Gessner, John Hotchkiss,
Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Jan Wittenber, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Discussion Summary
- Significant issues, if any: None
3 Action Items Review
- 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID -
- 44: IEEE MOU -
- 70: Coordinate 12 lead ECG with Cardiology domain -
- 71: Recruit clinicians -
- 72: Press releases as recruiting tool -
- 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA -
- 76: Test Tooling, NIST and MWB -
- 78: 2009 Survey Development -
- 80: Recruiting -
- 81: ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details -
- 82: Users Guide -
- 83: Recruiting in Chicago area in advance of Showcase -
- 84: Vote on Profile and White Paper Proposals - Updated to Include Detailed Profile and White Paper Proposals
- - ACM won’t need a vote
- - PIV no extensions planned, but changes to PIV are in order
- - RTM has a meeting today to harmonize with ISO. Work will continue on aECG and implanted devices. An update on ACC planned activities should be discussed at the Feb. IHE Board meeting.
- - DPI will be discussed at next week’s TC meeting.
- - WCM – Ken will update.
- - QBD – Todd mentioned that the subject came up at HITSP meeting Friday, but no champion has come forward, will be postponed. Christof noted that this is important for EHRs and marketing PCD work. He will seek support in Germany. Paul asked if a survey was available to indicate industry’s interest in having this available. Paul noted that ACM would only need snippets. Jan offered an alternative approach. Todd suggested reaching out to EHR vendors for their support in this development effort. There are three options: snippets, discontinuous snippets, full disclosure. It may be useful to consider a query function. Colin indicated that customers are interested in query for past data. Colin will talk to the Epic team to determine if it is a priority for them.
There will be a vote on proceeding - developing the technical Supplement.
- 86: Glossary -
- 87: Review the IHE.net/pcd page -
- 88: Encourage non-IHE members to membership
- AHIC Common Device Connectivity call for participation. February is important for AHIC efforts.
5 Connectathon and Showcase
- A number of issues with the Supplements are being identified as companies prepare for the Connectathon. These will be captured in a CP form and held until after the Connectathon.
The next meeting will be February 11, 2009: PCD PC 2009-02-11 Webex
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">