PCD PC 2008-11-19 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2008
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1 Review of minutes of October 8, Joint PC/TC October 15, F2F, Joint PC/TC November 5
- 2 Update Action Items
- 4 Update on Brief Profile Proposals:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- DPI Profile Update
- WCM Profile Update "Waveform Communication Management"
- Device Specializations
- wiki pages review
- 5 White Paper Proposals
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- 6 Technical Framework Update Status
- 7 Showcase Planning
- Companies and systems participating
- Physical layout
- Network and utility requirements
- New Directions
- 8 AHIC "Common Device Connectivity" Public Feedback discussion
- 9 HITSP Update (RMON, SDO Summit, SoA, maps&gaps, etc.)
- 10 IHE International
- IEEE-IHE MoU Update
- 11 Continua
- 12 New Business
Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:
Action Items from the previous meeting:
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda January 1, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. 44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. Todd Cooper October 1, 2008 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. That one is complete and signatures added. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1. 66 Analysis of Survey Results Ray September 10, 2008 Open 69 Recruit Champions for development of Profiles, e.g., document transfer Ken October 1, 2008 Open Various new profiles (DPI, WCM) as well as extensions to current profiles were discussed during the Webex. Also the "black box" profile was brought up as a possible effort and Ken said he would look to see if we already had something in our files originally submitted by J. Harrington. 70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain Ray None Open Depends upon Cardiology Domain's success in finding sponsors. Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny None Open A few replies were recieved from Ken's email indicating nurses would not be able to participate in PC. Todd indicated that RTM ventilator WG has successfully recruited physicians. Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. 72 Press releases as recruiting tool Manny September 10, 2008 Open Two press releases have been prepared and distributed to various organizations for distribution. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler October 8, 2008 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter October 8, 2008 Open Rob Snellick is working on this, will likely work with Pete Rontey to update the Messaging Workbench (MWB) and develop a strategy for testing PCD-01 RTM conformance in the 2009 Connectathon.
- John Garguilo sent Peter Rontey information about last year's PCD profiles. Robert will post MWB files on a Wiki page. After review and update following the Technical Framework public comment period, this will be updated on the MWB.
- Peter Rontey will provide training on the MWB in early October. A new version will be issued before that.
77 Develop PCD Cycle 4 Profile Proposals Ray Zambuto, Ken Fuchs IHE PCD October 1, 2008 Open Todd will update PCD_Profiles and related Wiki pages for use in the profile development process.
Todd and Ken will determine whether ITI and possibly PCC have any interest in RTLS profiling.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto January 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures. 79 Transferred from PCD Cochairs: White papers, e.g., for DPI. Todd Cooper September 22, 2008 Open White Papers will be helpful in estabishing context for development of specialized profiles. For example, Device Semantic Architecture, Point-of-Care Integration.
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Solutions, Inc.
- Jon Blasingame, Steve Borchers, Linda Chan, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, William Furniss, Colin FX Gartska, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Scott Zaffrin, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
Decisions/Issues: Minutes of Sept. 10 (modified) and Oct. 22 were approved.
3 Action Items Review
- #44: MOU – reviewed and published for consideration at this Friday’s IEEE Board meeting. The HL7/IEEE MOU is also in process for
- #66: Survey – change date to Oct. 21.
- #69: Champions for profile submission/development – no change
- #70: Cardiology Domain – will become active again – change date to Jan. 1
- #72: News releases – make open date – Manny suggested we reach out to companies and users to invite them to the PCD demo at the Showcase,
- #74: Change to Oct. 22. There is considerable interest among other standards WGs in this document. Discussion to be held at F2F.
- #76: Robert sent last year’s profile to John Garguilo. Peter Rontey identified two open issues. One suggests that PCD may need to select HL7 v.2.6 as baseline. The other relates to OBX.5 which has an indeterminate data type. Peter believes he has a solution if NIST Message Maker can accommodate his approach.
- Paul indicated that OBX 20 needs to be available for RTM support. Todd said this will be addressed in the TF revision. Members need to determine if the change of baseline to v.2.6 will create problems for any companies. The implications relate to body site. Change to Oct. 15.
- #77: Todd reminded members that Brief Profile Proposals are due next week.
- #79: Change date to Oct. 21.
- #76: Members need to determine if the change of baseline to v.2.6 will create problems for any companies. The implications relate to body site.
- DPI meeting will follow the F2F, at TiM Thursday afternoon, and at CIMIT on Friday. Those interested who are not on the WG mailing list now should send Todd an email. The primary goal is to achieve harmony with Dr. Goldman’s use cases as the
- ITI offered a template for web pages - http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=ITI_Technical_Framework_webpage - that includes sections on White Papers and general information that relates to the domain in general, rather than specific profiles.
- Connectathon and Showcase:
- Connectathon/Showcase meetings begin today
- Showcase Planning Committee is meeting regularly on Wednesdays following these PCD committee meetings
- We should develop Scenario Concepts
- SDO summit: HL7 and HITSP are developing umbrella architectures. HITSP will investigate appropriate SoA, not necessarily web based.
- NEW Jan. 1: Invite new companies to observe PCD at this year’s Connectathon. Manny to compile list as suggestions are received.
- Todd asked for F2F agenda suggestions http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2008-10-21_to_23_F2F.
- Brief Profile Proposals and Extensions to Existing Profiles to be discussed at F2F:
- ACM – Monroe
- PIV – Scott
- RTM – Paul – and he asks that the agenda include voting to remove incorrect items.
- DPI – Todd
- WCM – Paul
- Device Specializations – Todd
- White Paper Proposals – Todd will introduce the process at the F2F
- AHIC Public Comment open – Will be discussed at the F2F.
- HITSP is paying more attention to device information.
- RMON use case, transaction and CDA have been published for public comment, for discussion at F2F. Continua and DEC have been offered for Interface 2, from remote site to receiving system. Paul noted that PCD-01 is a concrete proposal, Continua’s to date has been a conceptual proposal.
n Next Meeting
The next meeting will be ____________
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">