Difference between revisions of "PCD PC 2008-11-19 Webex"
m (→Proposed Agenda: add new #12)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
::* IEEE-IHE MoU Update
::* IEEE-IHE MoU Update
:12 New Business
== Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings ==
== Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings ==
Revision as of 18:07, 8 November 2008
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2008
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1 Review of minutes of October 8, Joint PC/TC October 15, F2F, Joint PC/TC November 5
- 2 Update Action Items
- 3 Update PCD Mission Statement
- 4 Update on Brief Profile Proposals:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- DPI Profile Update
- WCM Profile Update "Waveform Communication Management"
- Device Specializations
- wiki pages review
- 5 White Paper Proposals
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- 6 Technical Framework Update Status
- 7 Showcase Planning
- Companies and systems participating
- Physical layout
- Network and utility requirements
- New Directions
- 8 AHIC "Common Device Connectivity" Public Feedback discussion
- 9 HITSP Update (RMON, SDO Summit, SoA, maps&gaps, etc.)
- 10 IHE International
- IEEE-IHE MoU Update
- 11 Continua
- 12 Set date of next meeting
- 13 New Business
Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:
Action Items from the previous meeting:
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda January 1, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. 44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. MOU – reviewed and published for consideration at this Friday’s IEEE Board meeting. The HL7/IEEE MOU is also in process Todd Cooper October 1, 2008 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. That one is complete and signatures added. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1. 66 Analysis of Survey Results Ray October 21, 2008 Open 69 Recruit Champions for development of Profiles, e.g., document transfer Ken October 1, 2008 Open Various new profiles (DPI, WCM) as well as extensions to current profiles were discussed during the Webex. Also the "black box" profile was brought up as a possible effort and Ken said he would look to see if we already had something in our files originally submitted by J. Harrington. 70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain. Cardiology Domain – will become active again. Ray January 2, 2009 Open Depends upon Cardiology Domain's success in finding sponsors. Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny None Open A few replies were recieved from Ken's email indicating nurses would not be able to participate in PC. Todd indicated that RTM ventilator WG has successfully recruited physicians. Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. 72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. PCD will invite companies to observe Connectathon and reach out to companies and users to invite them to the PCD demo at the Showcase. Manny Open Open Two press releases have been prepared and distributed to various organizations for distribution. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler October 22, 2008 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter October 8, 2008 Open Rob Snellick is working on this. Peter Rontey identified two open issues. One suggests that PCD may need to select HL7 v.2.6 as baseline. The other relates to OBX.5 which has an indeterminate data type. Peter believes he has a solution if NIST Message Maker can accommodate his approach. 77 Develop PCD Cycle 4 Profile Proposals Ray Zambuto, Ken Fuchs IHE PCD October 15, 2008 Open Todd will update PCD_Profiles and related Wiki pages for use in the profile development process. Members will submit Brief Profile Proposals for consideration at the F2F.
Todd and Ken will determine whether ITI and possibly PCC have any interest in RTLS profiling.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto January 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures. 79 Transferred from PCD Cochairs: White papers, e.g., for DPI. Todd Cooper October 21, 2008 Open White Papers will be helpful in estabishing context for development of specialized profiles. For example, Device Semantic Architecture, Point-of-Care Integration. 80 Recruiting Members January 1, 2009 Open Invite new companies to observe PCD at this year’s Connectathon. Manny to compile list as suggestions are received.
81 ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - transferred from TC Todd November 19, 2008 Open ISO TR283800 Part 2 has been approved. These work items were submitted to ISO TC215 per IHE International's Liaison agreement, and standardize both the IHE process as well as the technical frameworks that have been developed. A document that includes descriptions and pointers to all the different IHE profiles are required. As a result of this, each domain needs to make sure that the referenced material is complete and consistent. The following must be correct and up to date (from Charles Parisot):
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://www.ihe.net/Profiles.
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles. Each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be accurate.
- The overall listing of profiles included under IHE Domains at: http://www.ihe.net/Domains/index.cfm. Verify that each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be available from the Wiki (see above).
- Each Domain name must have a link to the decription of the domain and its scope. NOTE: THOSE descriptions are really weak and inconsistent. Todd will produce a one page (max) description of the Domain and more importantly of its scope for the ISO TR28380. This will be the place where the IHE.net web site will be referenced with specific profile decriptions.
82 Users Guide Steve Merritt January 1, 2009? Open
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Solutions, Inc.
- Jon Blasingame, Steve Borchers, Linda Chan, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, William Furniss, Colin FX Gartska, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Scott Zaffrin, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
Decisions/Issues: Minutes of ___________.
3 Action Items Review
n Next Meeting
The next meeting will be ____________
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">