PCD PC&TC F2F 2019 Oct 15-17 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 21:59, 18 August 2019 by PaulSherman (Talk | contribs) (Created page with " PCD Home Category:PCD Meeting {{TOCright}} '''Please NOTE: Agenda Framework, still being edited. A lot''' Paul Sherman, PCD TPM == Meeting...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

Please NOTE: Agenda Framework, still being edited. A lot

Paul Sherman, PCD TPM

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:
- Boston, MA
Sheraton TUCSON HOTEL & SUITES
5151 East Grant Road, Tucson, AZ 85712
  • Sage Boardroom
520-323-6262
Rooms available via the Connected Health Conference website [Hotel link]
- Deadline Sept 25.


Dates
Tuesday October 15: Pump Working Group
Wednesday October 16: morning: Joint PCD/PCHA meeting, PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday April 24: afternoon: Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Thursday April 25: PCD Technical Committee


Daily Schedule -
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30AM Arizona Time Tuesday and Thursday.
Note: Meeting will start promptly at 07:00AM Arizona Time Wednesday.
08:30 - 10:15 Session #1
10:30 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (Catered on site)
13:30 - 15:15 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

168 Execute Stakeholder Survey

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
201 Pump utilization - publicizing

Webex Support

Webex will is available for those who can not attend in person. The links will be provided below.

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The HIMSS Webex page is [HIMSS Webex]

Tuesday morning, April 23: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 921 176 180

Tuesday Afternoon, April 23: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 927 084 823

Wednesday morning,April 24: PC: Meeting Number: 924 936 205

Wednesday afternoon, April 24: Joint PC, TC: Meeting Number: 929 462 137

Thursday morning April 25: TC: Meeting Number: 921 764 239

Thursday afternoon April 25: TC: Meeting Number: 921 973 176

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [ftp site] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Tuesday, October 15 (Pump Workgroup)

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday 08:30 - 4:00 Pump workgroup
  • Morning (08:30-12:00)
Overview presentation of TCI 1 hr
  • Break (10:00-10:15)
Overview presentation of Channel Relay 1 hr
Investigate possible new terms for TCI
  • Lunch (12:00-1:00)
  • Afternoon (1:00-4:00)
Common library terms - 1hr
Finalize 11073-10101b pump terms -- 1 hr
11073 alert inclusion in PCD01
- containment model discussion
  • Break (3:00-3:15)
CPs for PIV -- 45 min
PIV - Bolus from an existing infusion
PIV – Order limits
PIV – Multistep
Device Time - Dan


  • 4:00 > Meeting Adjournment

Wednesday April 24, 2019

Date Hours Committees Topics


Wednesday Q1 07:00 - 08:45 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 07:00 > IHE IP Management Process (Kurt)
  • 07:05 > Introductions and Agenda Review (Kurt)
  • 07:15 > Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- EC (John R)
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Jeff R)
- IPEC (Al E)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RDQ (John R)
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry
Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT.
- Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
Wednesday Q2 09:00-10:00 AM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 09:00 >
  • Action item Discussion
Cochair Action item 106: Activities Promoting PCD
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey
  • Review IHE Milestones
IHE 2019 Publication Schedule [1]
  • 09:30 > Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC) Meeting (PC Co-Chairs)
  • 10:00 >
Break 10:00 - 10:15 AM
Wednesday Q3 10:15 AM - 12:00 PM PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
  • 10:15 > Start Joint PC/TC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)(Kurt)
- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda (Kurt)
- Review DPI proposal(Todd)
  • 10:30 >
  • IHE Int'l Board Listening Session (Todd)
  • 11:15 >
  • "PCD 2.0" - PCD and PCHA working together (Amit, Thom, Michael)
Lunch 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday Q3 (cont) 1:00 - 2:00 PM PCD PC&TC Cont)
  • 1:00 > Resume Joint PC/TC meeting
  • Five year plan review - moved to Fall F2F
  • Location, Dates of the PCD 2019 Fall F2F
  • 2:00 U of A Mirror Facility Tour
Wednesday Q4 5:00 - 6:30 PM (if needed) PCD PC&TC Cont)
  • 5:00 > Resume Joint PC/TC meeting
Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)


Thursday April 25, 2019

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 9:45 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • 08:45 >
Proposal Update - Silent ICU
  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Monroe P)
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
Break 09:45 - 10:00 AM
Thursday Q2 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
- Continue Program review
MEM LS (Monroe P)
RDC (Monroe P)
DEC (John R)
EC (John R)
IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
PIV (Al E)
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
OMS (Ken F)
DPI (John R)
Physio monitor (John R)
PCIM (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Standards Coordination
HL7
FHIR Activities/statement
PCHA/Continua (Paul Schluter)
  • 11:00 >
The IHE-PCD Test Tools, IEEE-11073 Nomenclature (-10101), Domain Information Model (-10201), and HL7 message validation – an overview and discussion on NIST’s integration efforts and everything in between. (John Garguilo, Nicolas Crouzier, Michael Faughn)


  • 12:00
Test tool issue - MEMDMC message failing NIST validation (Monroe)
- MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by ONO) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF.
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 >
TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
201 Pump utilization - publicizing
  • 2:15>
Validation tool error related to CWE-23 (Kurt) Jan 22 emails.
Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements (Monroe and Paul Sherman) Jan 27 emails.
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 >
Sterilization Interoperability (Jad Wafeeq)
Using HL7 v2.x PL datatype for identifying locations (Dalibor)


F2F Action Review (from this week)
PC
PC&TC
TC


  • 4:45 > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


|}

Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Participants

Tuesday, April 23

On Site: Morning: Al Engelbert (BBraun), Caroline Cornelius (Baxter), Christophe Fournier (Fresenius), Dan Kernan (Epic), Jason Dunkly (Epic), Jeff Rinda (ICU Medical), John Rhodes (Philips) , Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical),Luis Melendez(MDII), Michael Faughn (Prometheus), Monroe Pattillo (PHI, LLC) , Paul Schluter (CMI), Ray Kan (Baxter), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun)

Afternoon: Al Engelbert (BBraun), Caroline Cornelius (Baxter), Christophe Fournier (Fresenius), Dan Kernan (Epic), Jason Dunkly (Epic), Jeff Rinda (ICU Medical), John Garguilo (NIST), John Rhodes (Philips) , Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical),Luis Melendez(MDII), Michael Faughn (Prometheus), Monroe Pattillo (PHI, LLC) , Paul Schluter (CMI), Ray Kan (Baxter), Rob Wilder (Spok), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun)


Remote: "Shantanu Chawla (BD), Michael Workman (BD), Prabhu Chinnaiah "


Wednesday, April 24

On Site:


Remote:


Thursday, April 25

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Tuesday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed IHE IP Management Process

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 TCI Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Light presentation of anesthesia
Context of TIVA (Total Intravenous Anesthesia)
Video - How does anesthesia work - Steven Zheng ed.ted.com
What is TCI (Target Controlled Infusion)
Algorithm that models the concentration of a drug in different compartments of the body.
Reviewed proposed terms for auto documentation.
PIV will need to be updated to allow for auto programming of TCI due to new terms that are needed by the pump for the algorithm to calculate the rate. Typical pump programming is done by the nurse at the bedside. That is not usually the case in the OR.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/target-controlled-infusion
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15886597
Add to agenda for May 13th pumps meeting
Presentation on TCI
ftp://ftp.ihe.net//Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face to Face Meetings/2019-April-Tucson/IHE_TCI_presentation.pdf
3 Relay Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Relay presentation
ftp://ftp.ihe.net//Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face to Face Meetings/2019-April-Tucson/IHE_Two_Infusion_Relay_presentation.pdf
Context of relay - creates a continuous infusion between 2 syringes with the same drug. Used for drugs that have a short half life (2 minutes) and a short therapeutic window. When changing the container the flow should be as stable as possible.
methods of relay - 4 methods described
workflows - patients may come from ED or OR. First syringe is often an emergency and delivered very fast. Then due to short life of medication may alternate between two pumps as syringes are prepared. Relay automates the starts and stops and will use as many syringes as needed by the patient. No VTBI. Rates and concentrations may change between syringes. There can also be multiple independent relays running for the same patient.
4 Common Library terms Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Agreed to limit scope to data elements used in PCD-03. Will create an xml structure to document how the data elements are shared between pump systems and EMRs. Schedule for future pump WG meeting to work out details.
ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Devices/InfusionPumps/CommonTerms/CommonLibraryTerms11MAR19.xlsx
5 Device Time
Status/Discussion:
Patient safety escalation
Time in OBX 14 OBR in the future from pump
MSH time is from pump gateway
Data will not display on the nurses screen due to the pump event time being in the future. Next nurse may mistake the missing data for a missed event and do it again.


Action(s): See above

Wednesday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Kurt Elliason reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

Reviewed current PCD programs

- ACM (Rob W, Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Rob W, Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Rob W, Monroe P)
Above updates are on ftp site
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
Need feedback on what works and doesn’t, what direction to go forward, also pain points. New areas, challenges.
- EC (John R)
Somewhat hypothetical, between DEC and ACM. Allowed for episodic info, but not info to be communicated to people. If EC becomes active, IPEC would be folded in. ACM is expanding to ‘listen’ for the EC output. When will we roll IPEC into the TF? Awaiting terminology acceptance. Pump group will review the terms again and provide them as a reference. When is it due? The end of June. Doesn’t the Profile need to be in FT before going into the TF? Could review in the next couple of pump meetings.
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
Seen many more questions than actual implementations. Fairly stable.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
As last week the Heart Rhythm Society recommended finalizing existing terms. They feel far enough along to tentatively be at the 2020 Connectathon. If that works, then will go to IEEE for balloting.
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
10101r revision is close to an approvable state. About 1000 pages. By including PHD terms in the work, it will help. Resumed work on event terms – have about 800 terms. Plan to review it. Dialysis is moving along well, have a list of terms. A lot of devices covering a wide range of observations. If vendors have someone driving it. Monroe has sent updates, but no feedback from vendors. As it comes forth, vendors will implement DEC before ACM.
- PIV (Jeff R)
Discussed 3 CPs yesterday at Pump group. 3rd one has some challenges. The other two will go out for vote in the next couple of weeks. Todd – what’s next? Some workflows. Any Pharmacy integration? No commonality yet. Pharm is focused upstream from actual patient delivery. There is a definite gap between them. There is some ACM workflow that covers some of the gap. How to fill the gap? Come up with use cases that highlight the gap. Discussed Dialysis participation – Use cases, where delivered (home, in-patient, outpatient).
- IPEC (Al E)
Need some terminology. Info part of pump work.
- OMS (Ken F) – Not available. Recovering, going slowly. In good spirits. May remove the topic for now.
- RDQ (John R)
Spearheaded by John Zaleski, who’s now a paramedic. Bulk data transfer. Not real active currently using HL7 V2. Candidate for removal from our list, FHIR can implement it. If it’s going toward FHIR, then we need to manage the integrity. Gap between what exists and what’s needed is pretty large. Currently most solutions are proprietary, all profile info suffers. Mismatch between what FHIR started with and Alert history. ITI has deprecated some related profiles. They and PCC are very active with FHIR. A lot of V2 work to conserve and align.
Next steps: Suspend, look at how ITI has done this.
- DPI (John R)
Michael Faughn has taken on some related topics. Jan’s health has limited progress. What to apply, use case, where to get results. Meetings worked on 10201 topics. Need to figure out what role this is going to play.
A lot of SDC community interest in this type of work. Todd proposes a short-term WP and application of SDC. The standard is well done. Complimentary to V2. Vendors have submitted SDC enabled devices to the FDA.
- PCIM (John R)
Out and being discussed, ‘Silent ICU’ project ties in well with this. Think it’s implementable. Quiet for now, but people are interested. On list to prototype. Status of related PCC work? Ioana doing a FHIR version for the VA.
- Physio monitor (John R)
Not a lot of requests for this specific info. Implementers using existing messaging to manage this.
- Pulse Oximetry
Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT. VA driven, but no interest.
- Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
Added about two dozen terms, people are implementing. Still need intervention event codes and events in the OR. Working on some event info. Not much progress on vent modes. Special automated modes and complex patient interactions need terms. Good, but not done.
  • Action item Discussion
Cochair Action item 106: Activities Promoting PCD
A big challenge now. Have kind of plateaued at HIMSS. Looking for more ways to interact with the user community. Perhaps the CES. Do we have a presence there? Not yet, but it might happen. Amit – some common pain points. Hope to connect our work with the HIMSS marketing machine. Attended SxSW, he hopes to get to next CES. Let us know if you have any ideas. Also, let Amit know.
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey
Send to Amit. Could make it an annual survey. Send a link to Thom. Amit can send to other groups to help distribute via other organizations as HIMSS. Review at May PC meeting.
  • Review IHE Milestones
IHE 2019 Publication Schedule [2]

Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Activities Promoting PCD]
  • Let PCD and AmIt know if you have any ideas on how to promote PCD.
Execute Stakeholder Survey
  • Send to Amit. Send a link to Thom. Review at May PC meeting.

Wednesday Joint PC&TC

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Introductions
Reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Reviewed & approve Agenda (10 minutes)
Reviewed and approve PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
Reviewed PCD Calendar and Update "PCD ftp site [[3]]"

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

April 17 PC/TC summary approved
3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
11:00 > Commence Joint PC&TC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
  • 11:05 >
- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda
- Review prior PC & TC Meeting Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2019-04-17 Webex

Todd’s proposal

  • Draft an IHE White Paper that will provide an overview of the SDC standards, the IHE and IHE PCD technical framework architecture and profile specifications, and explore how SDC might be leveraged, including a proposed roadmap for future work.
Vote 14 for, 0 against, 0 abstention
  • IHE Int'l Board Listening Session (Todd)
Wants to hear what we like and need.
Have about 200 steady members. Volunteer recognition program, give Todd feedback. Certification program started 2 weeks ago. Conformity assessment is underway.
Feedback
  • Jeff Rinda – devices not listed in Product registry and had no luck getting it resolved.
  • Value of conformity assessment questionable – Product level certification following ISO process.
  • Customers push for actual implementations, not certification. How well does these systems talk to this other system? Workflow testing, not system testing. Prove to them that you can do it.
  • How is IHE dealing with software changes.
  • NIST: We can do a better job of adding tests. IHE could help by recommending tests. Need a staged process. Vendors don’t bring a complete set of tools to the Connectathon.
  • Have to think about the value proposition for members.
  • What tools can help this process, closing the loop?
  • Note that the original DPI focus was on device-to-device connectivity around a patient in an acute care environment. Integrating device-sourced data at the enterprise level, which is the primary focus of the current IHE TF, is out-of-scope for the SDC standards as illustrated on slide #5 & #8 in the attached presentation "SDC Overview.pdf".
  • "PCD 2.0" - PCD and PCHA working together (Amit, Thom, Michael)
(Slides on ftp site)
Q – Focus on bringing info in? Can EMRs implement it now. Also have a model to migrate/translate.
Q – What devices will be available to map from 11073 to 104? Generally, it doesn’t matter completely what the actual device is. There are some exceptions. They’ve chosen about 6 devices to start with.
Want to discuss what profiles fit best in which path.
Need to move to a single method that works. Can leverage PCD skills/experience into home/remote care. Concerned FHIR can distract from progress.
Working on cell/cloud possibilities.
Need to work on regulatory acute care regulations.
Discussed low hanging fruit possibilities.
  • Test tools – Documents containment tree.
  • Location, Dates of the PCD 2019 Fall F2F
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
October 15-17, 2019.


Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Draft an IHE White Paper that will provide an overview of the SDC standards, the IHE and IHE PCD technical framework architecture and profile specifications, and explore how SDC might be leveraged, including a proposed roadmap for future work.
Continue collaboration between PCD and PCHA, primarily the Task Force meetings.


Thursday

Action(s):
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
IHE IP Management Process
Announcements –
- Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)


Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Proposal Update - Silent ICU (John R)
Presentation will be on ftp site
Reviewed logic and proposal.
Discussion –
  • Significant and different effort. Can have a real clinical impact – Joint Commission, etc. SPOK is 100% behind it. We need buy-in. Will take time to implement, but worth it. Our ability to market this is limited. Involving ECRI would help a lot. We have enough vendors to discuss it with the FDA. Explained the difference between silencing and pausing bedside alarming. It’s torture for the patient and their family. Will reduce alarm fatigue. Would need delivery traceabiity. ACM has steered clear of smart alarming. RDC can handle it. Monroe – remote pausing time should match source device. We should focus on ‘pause’, rather than ‘silence’. Need clinical input for this. Develop a working group to focus on it and develop a white paper. Shawn O’Connell (B Braun) – need to review 60601-1-8 (alarms) standard update as well. As a nurse, marketing is not a problem, use nursing organizations to help. Need to fall back on alarming if connectivity is lost. Luis Melendez – Logic and triggering alarm. Ensure alarm/alert is acknowledged (close the loop). This has to address the infrastructure. Paul Schluter – Keep records of all activities and triaging to properly develop. Many permutations deployed, many places won’t have consolidated systems. We should tackle this, but can we? Establish a working group, including clinicians.
  • Next steps? Start the working group, have them identify additional stakeholder. Build a library of existing documents.
Members – Rob Wilder (Planning lead), John Rhoads (Tech lead), Monroe,
  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Rob W)
  • Presentation on ftp site, includes MEMDMC, MEM LS and MEMRDC
  • MEMLS supports most types of location info, including different types of data and labels.
  • Emphasized need for virtual AC actor (WCTP) for test validation. NIST – should have some resources this year to work on it.
MEM DMC (Rob W)
MEM LS (Rob W)
MEM RDC (Rob W)
DEC (John R)
  • Working well, and getting a lot of use. Ongoing challenging becoming one with OBX-4. Need to discuss at a TC meeting.
EC (John R)
  • No crying need for a general Profile yet, IPEC is the exemplar. If others develop, they can follow that example.
IPEC (Al E)
  • Moving it into Final Text this year
PIV (Al E)
  • Covered Tuesday and Wednesday
Pump (Al E)
  • Covered Tuesday and Wednesday
OMS (Ken F) – No update
DPI (John R)
  • Number of long term topics; FHIR, support/tooling,
Physio monitor (John R)
  • Further content spec info useful, but not a high priority.
PCIM (John R)
  • Need an implementation, fits in with ‘silent hospital’ project. Validated way to ID patient/device relationship.
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
  • Looking for 2020 Connectathon testing.
RTM (Paul Schluter)
  • Presentation on ftp site.
  • Several groups using terms, sometimes conflicting. Added some new terms. REFID and numeric code are irrevocable; now adding ‘accepted term’, which will go to ballot. Nurse call is possible, but no official participation yet. Discussion that nurse call and beds will escalate. When is 10101b available? Goal – end of September.
  • Pump group needs to work with Michael to come up with terms by September – Can they do that. He will address it during his session.
IHE-PCD Test Tools, IEEE-11073 Nomenclature (-10101), Domain Information Model (-10201), and HL7 message validation – an overview and discussion on NIST’s integration efforts and everything in between. (John Garguilo, Nicolas Crouzier, Michael Faughn)
  • Michael – 11073 and… Redesigning RTMMS, looking for input, the earlier the better. Adding a reference site. FHIR – points to a vocabulary service; they need a source and have approached NIST to host/manage it. Showed model in slides.
Profile Editor – Almost there, Michael will finish it in 4-5 weeks.
Spreadsheets – useful, but not friendly for him. Like a rotary Dial phone. He plans to come up with an API to replace it.
Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • Very complete, will be in 10101b. Group not ready to share yet.
- Standards Coordination (John R)
HL7
FHIR Activities/statement
  • Brian Rheinhold does a LOT of work for us on Devices on FHIR.
  • Point of care devices relies heavily on PCD-01. Good path to add capabilities. Working on others to automate the process more.
  • SMART on FHIR – enables portable devices to access data.
  • What is an alert in FHIR? Have something called ‘Flag’. Had ‘alarm’, but was clinically useless. Working on DEC now, alerts are next. Useless to SPOK right now.
PCHA/Continua (Paul Schluter) – addressed already
Test tool issue - MEMDMC message failing NIST validation (Monroe)
- MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(TBD) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM. Make a TC Action Item.
TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
  • John will get it in as soon as he can. Review in June
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
  • Related to the OBX-4 question, need to figure out what to do. It is a ‘should’, do we make it a ‘shall’? If so, we need to let implementer know well before Connectathon. Include Lexicographic order. Move out to June meeting.
201 Pump utilization – publicizing
  • Tom has some info. Create a white paper for HIMSS and IHE. Move to June meeting.
Sterilization Interoperability (Jad Wafeeq)
  • Instrument Tracking System communication with sterilizer systems is proprietary. Provided a process overview. Many don’t have electronic tracking yet, but it’s getting adopted. Different companies are creating them. Much pressure to develop custom processes. Many players in this, may become more consolidated. Individual or groups of devices? Both, some by RFID or barcode, type usually, but larger systems (endoscopes) are individualizes. Will the UDI effort help this? Not for a while; plus a lot of legacy devices.
  • What do they need to do next?
Need use cases and workflows. We know the process to create the messages and profile, the sterilizer group needs to outline the actors and info to communicate. We will use Connectathon/Showcase calls to start the process. Someone in the group will need to Join IHE.
Validation tool error related to CWE-23 (Kurt) Jan 22 emails.
  • Per TF, should be in HL7. But it’s not there. Removed during balloting for 2.8 without explanation. Alternate text exists, but were told not to use it. Need to let us use an existing one, or give us a new one. Or edit TF to remove the CWE-23 reference. Foreign languages – need to provide space for a local language. Would need to submit a petition to change V2.8. Alternate Text has definitions that don’t fit our use. Where do we put the other human language text. If we agree that CWE-10 is appropriate then we could use it; it would be IHE compliant, but not HL7. Can we have a 2nd alt text without an Identifier?
  • Create a TC Action Item to work on this
Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements (Monroe and Paul Sherman) Jan 27 emails.
  • Needs to go to the tooling group, Make it an Action Item.

Items not yet addressed:

Using HL7 v2.x PL datatype for identifying locations (Dalibor)
F2F Action Review (from this week)
PC
  • Activities Promoting PCD]
Let PCD and AmIt know if you have any ideas on how to promote PCD.
  • Execute Stakeholder Survey
Send to Amit. Send a link to Thom. Review at May PC meeting.
PC&TC
  • Draft an IHE White Paper that will provide an overview of the SDC standards, the IHE and IHE PCD technical framework architecture and profile specifications, and explore how SDC might be leveraged, including a proposed roadmap for future work.
  • Continue collaboration between PCD and PCHA, primarily the Task Force meetings.


TC
  • MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by ONO) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM. Make a TC Action Item
  • Sterilizer messaging – set up time during CN calls to move this forward.
  • Validation tool error related to CWE-23. Make a TC Action Item
  • Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements. Make it a TC Action Item.


TC Meeting Adjourned


Decisions/Issues:


Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

No new Action Items

Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by ONO) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM.
Validation tool error related to CWE-23.
Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements.

Next Meetings

Technical Committee: PCD TC 2019-05-01 Webex

Planning Committee: PCD PC 2019-05-08 Webex

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PCD PC&TC 2019-05-15 Webex