PCD PC&TC F2F 2019 Oct 15-17 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 08:27, 15 October 2019 by Kelliason (Talk | contribs) (Tuesday, October 15 (Pump Workgroup))

Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

Please NOTE: Agenda still being edited.

Paul Sherman, PCD TPM

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:
- Boston, MA
Seaport World Trade Center
- One Seaport Lane, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
- Meeting Room: Back Bay 1 (Mezzanine Level)
Rooms available via the Connected Health Conference website [Hotel link]
- Deadline Sept 25.
For those wishing to attend the conference -
- Thom Erickson has arranged registration for on site meeting attendees.
If you haven't signed up for the F2F and want to attend the conference, please do so on our form by COB Oct 11.
Otherwise, you can purchase discounted admission here:
https://www.connectedhealthconf.org/boston/2019/register
Use code 19CHC50 for 50% off.
Dates
Tuesday October 15: Pump Working Group
Wednesday October 16: morning: Joint PCD/PCHA meeting, PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday October 17: afternoon: Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Thursday October 18: PCD Technical Committee


Daily Schedule -
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at Seaport Trade Center, Back Bay 1
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30AM EDT Tuesday and Thursday.
Note: Meeting will start promptly at 08:00AM EDT Wednesday.
08:30 - 10:15 Session #1
10:30 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (Catered on site)
13:30 - 15:15 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

168 Execute Stakeholder Survey

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
201 Pump utilization - publicizing
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional
204 Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements

Webex Support

Webex will is available for those who can not attend in person. The links will be provided below.

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The HIMSS Webex page is [HIMSS Webex]

Tuesday morning, Oct 15: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 928 584 535

Tuesday Afternoon, Oct 15: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 923 979 649

Wednesday morning, Oct 16: PC: Meeting Number: 922 817 660

Wednesday afternoon, Oct 16: PC, Joint PC&TC: Meeting Number: 923 832 577

Thursday morning Oct 17: TC: Meeting Number: 928 667 034

Thursday afternoon Oct 17: TC: Meeting Number: 928 667 034

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [ftp site] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Tuesday, October 15 (Pump Workgroup)

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday 08:30 - 4:15 Pump workgroup
  • Morning (08:30-12:00)
  • 8:45
CPs for Channel Relay - 1hr
  • Break (10:15-10:30)
CP for TCI - 30 min
Status update on Multi-step - 30 min
Status update on program specific drug library limits - 30 min
MEMDMC terms for pumps - 30 min
  • Lunch (12:00-1:00)
  • Afternoon (1:00-4:00)
Pump Terms containment model update - 1hr
Use of Systematic names - 1hr
  • Break (3:00-3:15)
TBD - 1 hr
  • 4:15 > Meeting Adjournment

Wednesday October 16, 2019

Date Hours Committees Topics


Wednesday Q1 08:00 - 10:00 Joint PCD/PCHA Meeting
IHE & PCD Overview (10 minutes)
PCHA & Continua Overview (10 minutes)
Joint Exploration Committee Overview & Status (20 minutes) (Thom and Todd)
- Market Opportunity Analysis
- Domain / Subdomain Scoping & Mapping
- Test Process & Tooling
- MARCOM
Vote on Proposal for PCD 2.0 Domain Reorganization -
- Rename PCD Domain to "Devices (DEV)" domain
- Create (3) DEV Subdomains:
  • Device Point-of-care Interoperability (DPI) - device-to-device Plug-and-play interoperability around bedside
  • Patient Care Devices (PCD) - enterprise integration
  • Personal Connected Health (PCH) - PCHAlliance "Continua"
- Create Joint domain-wide coordination committees: Joint Planning Committee, Joint Technical Committee, Domain Coordination Committee
Launch Personal Connected Health Subdomain (60 minutes) (PCD and PCH)
- Charter
- Goals & Objectives
- Organization
- Work Groups
- Roadmap (2019-2020)
  • 10:00 > Adjourn Joint PCD/PCHA Meeting
Break 10:00 - 10:15 AM
Wednesday Q2 10:15 AM - 12:15 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 10:15 > Start PC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)(Kurt)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (Kurt)
Service-oriented Device Point-of-care Interoperability (SDPi) White Paper (30 minutes)
- Review PUBLIC COMMENT resolution and "final" draft of white paper
- Approve SDPi White Paper for publication
- Review Updated Roadmap (from Planning Committee perspective)
"Quiet Hospital" Initiative (30 minutes)
- Overview / Update
- Approach for QH support in IHE DEV
- Roadmap for 2020


Lunch and Exhibit Hall 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Wednesday Q3 2:00 - 3:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 2:00 > Continue Planning Committee
General PCD Work Program Review (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Rob W for Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Rob W for Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Rob W for Monroe P)
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Jeff R)
- Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
- IPEC (Al E)
- RDQ (John R) - Suspended per April F2F.
- PCIM (John R)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- DEC
  • General update PCD TF) (John R)
  • DEC OPTION: FHIR (Todd C)
- EC (John R)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry
Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT.
- Review current Action Item: PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey
3:00 > Adjourn Planning Committee meeting
Wednesday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Joint PC/TC
  • 3:15 > Joint PC/TC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)(Kurt)
- Review & Approve Joint PC&TC Agenda (Kurt)
  • IHE DEV - DPI Subdomain Launch (Todd)
DPI Subdomain Overview
SDPi Profile Development (45 minutes)
- 2019/2020 Roadmap - Supplement to CAT
- TF-1 Supplement
- TF-2 Supplement
- SDPi & HL7 FHIR (DoF) + V2 "grouped" actors
  • TF Organization per Reorganization Plan
- How to address a single TF that incorporates DEV general + DPI / PCD / PCH subdomain-specific content
- Better use of Word to manage a broader set of developers
- Process for TF & profile & testing coordination across domain (from proposing to balloting to publishing to testing)
  • Prepare 2020 IHE Milestones
Review 2019 Milestones - [1]
  • Determine 2020 dates
  • POU Supplement - Review & Determination of plan for public comment => TI => CAT testing
  • Survey of device condition and operation messaging (Manny/Paul)
  • Five year plan review
  • Location, Dates of the PCD 2020 Spring F2F


Wednesday Q5 5:15 - 6:30 PM (if needed) PCD Joint PC/TC (Continued)
  • 5:15 > Resume Joint PC/TC meeting
6:30 > Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)


Thursday October 17, 2019

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 9:45 AM
  • Connected Health Conference Keynote and Main Stage Activities
Break 09:45 - 10:00 AM
Thursday Q2 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
10:00 > Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
Proposal Updates -
- Sterilizer (Paul)
  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Rob W for Monroe P)
MEM DMC (Rob W for Monroe P)
MEM LS (Rob W for Monroe P)
DEC (John R)
EC (John R)
IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
PIV (Al E)
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
DPI (John R)
Physio monitor (John R)
PCIM (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
RTM (Paul Schluter)
Quiet Hospital
- Standards Coordination
IEEE 11073 SC & PARs & EMBS SC (mobile, IoT, AI/ML)
HL7
Devices on FHIR
  • 11:00 >
The IHE-PCD Test Tools, IEEE-11073 Nomenclature (-10101), Domain Information Model (-10201), and HL7 message validation – an overview and discussion on NIST’s integration efforts and everything in between. (John Garguilo, Nicolas Crouzier, Michael Faughn)


  • 12:00


Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 >
ACM profile mapping of PCD-04/PCD-07 content into PCD-05 content (Monroe)
  • 2:00 >
TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
201 Pump utilization - publicizing
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional
204 Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements


  • 2:15>
Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements (Monroe and Paul Sherman).
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
> Continued topic discussions
Break 5:00 - 5:15 PM
Thursday Q5 5:15 - !!! PM (If Needed) PCD Technical Committee (TC)
F2F Action Review (from this week)
PC
PC&TC
TC


  • > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


|}

Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Participants

Tuesday, April 23

On Site: Morning:

Afternoon:


Remote: " "


Wednesday, April 24

On Site:


Remote:


Thursday, April 25

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Tuesday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed IHE IP Management Process

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 TCI Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Light presentation of anesthesia
Context of TIVA (Total Intravenous Anesthesia)
Video - How does anesthesia work - Steven Zheng ed.ted.com
What is TCI (Target Controlled Infusion)
Algorithm that models the concentration of a drug in different compartments of the body.
Reviewed proposed terms for auto documentation.
PIV will need to be updated to allow for auto programming of TCI due to new terms that are needed by the pump for the algorithm to calculate the rate. Typical pump programming is done by the nurse at the bedside. That is not usually the case in the OR.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/target-controlled-infusion
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15886597
Add to agenda for May 13th pumps meeting
Presentation on TCI
ftp://ftp.ihe.net//Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face to Face Meetings/2019-April-Tucson/IHE_TCI_presentation.pdf
3 Relay Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Relay presentation
ftp://ftp.ihe.net//Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face to Face Meetings/2019-April-Tucson/IHE_Two_Infusion_Relay_presentation.pdf
Context of relay - creates a continuous infusion between 2 syringes with the same drug. Used for drugs that have a short half life (2 minutes) and a short therapeutic window. When changing the container the flow should be as stable as possible.
methods of relay - 4 methods described
workflows - patients may come from ED or OR. First syringe is often an emergency and delivered very fast. Then due to short life of medication may alternate between two pumps as syringes are prepared. Relay automates the starts and stops and will use as many syringes as needed by the patient. No VTBI. Rates and concentrations may change between syringes. There can also be multiple independent relays running for the same patient.
4 Common Library terms Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Agreed to limit scope to data elements used in PCD-03. Will create an xml structure to document how the data elements are shared between pump systems and EMRs. Schedule for future pump WG meeting to work out details.
ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Devices/InfusionPumps/CommonTerms/CommonLibraryTerms11MAR19.xlsx
5 Device Time
Status/Discussion:
Patient safety escalation
Time in OBX 14 OBR in the future from pump
MSH time is from pump gateway
Data will not display on the nurses screen due to the pump event time being in the future. Next nurse may mistake the missing data for a missed event and do it again.


Action(s): See above

Wednesday Joint PCD/PCHA Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Kurt Elliason reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


Adjourn Joint PCD/PCHA Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


Wednesday PC Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Kurt Elliason reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

Reviewed current PCD programs

- ACM (Rob W, Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Rob W, Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Rob W, Monroe P)
Above updates are on ftp site
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- EC (John R)
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Jeff R)
- IPEC (Al E)
- OMS (Ken F) – Not available.
- RDQ (John R)
Next steps: Suspend, look at how ITI has done this.
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Pulse Oximetry
- Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • Action item Discussion
Cochair Action item 106: Activities Promoting PCD
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey
  • Review IHE Milestones
IHE 2019 Publication Schedule [2]

Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


Wednesday Joint PC&TC Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Introductions
Reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Reviewed & approve Agenda (10 minutes)
Reviewed and approve PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
Reviewed PCD Calendar and Update "PCD ftp site [[3]]"

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

April 17 PC/TC summary approved
3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


Placeholder


11:00 > Commence Joint PC&TC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
  • 11:05 >
- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda
- Review prior PC & TC Meeting Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2019-04-17 Webex

Todd’s proposal

  • Draft an IHE White Paper that will provide an overview of the SDC standards, the IHE and IHE PCD technical framework architecture and profile specifications, and explore how SDC might be leveraged, including a proposed roadmap for future work.
Vote 14 for, 0 against, 0 abstention
  • IHE Int'l Board Listening Session (Todd)
Wants to hear what we like and need.
Have about 200 steady members. Volunteer recognition program, give Todd feedback. Certification program started 2 weeks ago. Conformity assessment is underway.
Feedback
  • Jeff Rinda – devices not listed in Product registry and had no luck getting it resolved.
  • Value of conformity assessment questionable – Product level certification following ISO process.
  • Customers push for actual implementations, not certification. How well does these systems talk to this other system? Workflow testing, not system testing. Prove to them that you can do it.
  • How is IHE dealing with software changes.
  • NIST: We can do a better job of adding tests. IHE could help by recommending tests. Need a staged process. Vendors don’t bring a complete set of tools to the Connectathon.
  • Have to think about the value proposition for members.
  • What tools can help this process, closing the loop?
  • Note that the original DPI focus was on device-to-device connectivity around a patient in an acute care environment. Integrating device-sourced data at the enterprise level, which is the primary focus of the current IHE TF, is out-of-scope for the SDC standards as illustrated on slide #5 & #8 in the attached presentation "SDC Overview.pdf".
  • "PCD 2.0" - PCD and PCHA working together (Amit, Thom, Michael)
(Slides on ftp site)
Q – Focus on bringing info in? Can EMRs implement it now. Also have a model to migrate/translate.
Q – What devices will be available to map from 11073 to 104? Generally, it doesn’t matter completely what the actual device is. There are some exceptions. They’ve chosen about 6 devices to start with.
Want to discuss what profiles fit best in which path.
Need to move to a single method that works. Can leverage PCD skills/experience into home/remote care. Concerned FHIR can distract from progress.
Working on cell/cloud possibilities.
Need to work on regulatory acute care regulations.
Discussed low hanging fruit possibilities.
  • Test tools – Documents containment tree.
  • Location, Dates of the PCD 2019 Fall F2F
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
October 15-17, 2019.


Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Draft an IHE White Paper that will provide an overview of the SDC standards, the IHE and IHE PCD technical framework architecture and profile specifications, and explore how SDC might be leveraged, including a proposed roadmap for future work.
Continue collaboration between PCD and PCHA, primarily the Task Force meetings.


Thursday TC Meeting Summary

Action(s):
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
IHE IP Management Process
Announcements –
- Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)


Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


Placeholder


  • Proposal Update - Silent ICU (John R)
Presentation will be on ftp site
Reviewed logic and proposal.
Discussion –
  • Significant and different effort. Can have a real clinical impact – Joint Commission, etc. SPOK is 100% behind it. We need buy-in. Will take time to implement, but worth it. Our ability to market this is limited. Involving ECRI would help a lot. We have enough vendors to discuss it with the FDA. Explained the difference between silencing and pausing bedside alarming. It’s torture for the patient and their family. Will reduce alarm fatigue. Would need delivery traceabiity. ACM has steered clear of smart alarming. RDC can handle it. Monroe – remote pausing time should match source device. We should focus on ‘pause’, rather than ‘silence’. Need clinical input for this. Develop a working group to focus on it and develop a white paper. Shawn O’Connell (B Braun) – need to review 60601-1-8 (alarms) standard update as well. As a nurse, marketing is not a problem, use nursing organizations to help. Need to fall back on alarming if connectivity is lost. Luis Melendez – Logic and triggering alarm. Ensure alarm/alert is acknowledged (close the loop). This has to address the infrastructure. Paul Schluter – Keep records of all activities and triaging to properly develop. Many permutations deployed, many places won’t have consolidated systems. We should tackle this, but can we? Establish a working group, including clinicians.
  • Next steps? Start the working group, have them identify additional stakeholder. Build a library of existing documents.
Members – Rob Wilder (Planning lead), John Rhoads (Tech lead), Monroe,
  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Rob W)
  • Presentation on ftp site, includes MEMDMC, MEM LS and MEMRDC
  • MEMLS supports most types of location info, including different types of data and labels.
  • Emphasized need for virtual AC actor (WCTP) for test validation. NIST – should have some resources this year to work on it.
MEM DMC (Rob W)
MEM LS (Rob W)
MEM RDC (Rob W)
DEC (John R)
  • Working well, and getting a lot of use. Ongoing challenging becoming one with OBX-4. Need to discuss at a TC meeting.
EC (John R)
  • No crying need for a general Profile yet, IPEC is the exemplar. If others develop, they can follow that example.
IPEC (Al E)
  • Moving it into Final Text this year
PIV (Al E)
  • Covered Tuesday and Wednesday
Pump (Al E)
  • Covered Tuesday and Wednesday
OMS (Ken F) – No update
DPI (John R)
  • Number of long term topics; FHIR, support/tooling,
Physio monitor (John R)
  • Further content spec info useful, but not a high priority.
PCIM (John R)
  • Need an implementation, fits in with ‘silent hospital’ project. Validated way to ID patient/device relationship.
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
  • Looking for 2020 Connectathon testing.
RTM (Paul Schluter)
  • Presentation on ftp site.
  • Several groups using terms, sometimes conflicting. Added some new terms. REFID and numeric code are irrevocable; now adding ‘accepted term’, which will go to ballot. Nurse call is possible, but no official participation yet. Discussion that nurse call and beds will escalate. When is 10101b available? Goal – end of September.
  • Pump group needs to work with Michael to come up with terms by September – Can they do that. He will address it during his session.
IHE-PCD Test Tools, IEEE-11073 Nomenclature (-10101), Domain Information Model (-10201), and HL7 message validation – an overview and discussion on NIST’s integration efforts and everything in between. (John Garguilo, Nicolas Crouzier, Michael Faughn)
  • Michael – 11073 and… Redesigning RTMMS, looking for input, the earlier the better. Adding a reference site. FHIR – points to a vocabulary service; they need a source and have approached NIST to host/manage it. Showed model in slides.
Profile Editor – Almost there, Michael will finish it in 4-5 weeks.
Spreadsheets – useful, but not friendly for him. Like a rotary Dial phone. He plans to come up with an API to replace it.
Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • Very complete, will be in 10101b. Group not ready to share yet.
- Standards Coordination (John R)
HL7
FHIR Activities/statement
  • Brian Rheinhold does a LOT of work for us on Devices on FHIR.
  • Point of care devices relies heavily on PCD-01. Good path to add capabilities. Working on others to automate the process more.
  • SMART on FHIR – enables portable devices to access data.
  • What is an alert in FHIR? Have something called ‘Flag’. Had ‘alarm’, but was clinically useless. Working on DEC now, alerts are next. Useless to SPOK right now.
PCHA/Continua (Paul Schluter) – addressed already
Test tool issue - MEMDMC message failing NIST validation (Monroe)
- MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(TBD) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM. Make a TC Action Item.
TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
  • John will get it in as soon as he can. Review in June
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
  • Related to the OBX-4 question, need to figure out what to do. It is a ‘should’, do we make it a ‘shall’? If so, we need to let implementer know well before Connectathon. Include Lexicographic order. Move out to June meeting.
201 Pump utilization – publicizing
  • Tom has some info. Create a white paper for HIMSS and IHE. Move to June meeting.
Sterilization Interoperability (Jad Wafeeq)
  • Instrument Tracking System communication with sterilizer systems is proprietary. Provided a process overview. Many don’t have electronic tracking yet, but it’s getting adopted. Different companies are creating them. Much pressure to develop custom processes. Many players in this, may become more consolidated. Individual or groups of devices? Both, some by RFID or barcode, type usually, but larger systems (endoscopes) are individualizes. Will the UDI effort help this? Not for a while; plus a lot of legacy devices.
  • What do they need to do next?
Need use cases and workflows. We know the process to create the messages and profile, the sterilizer group needs to outline the actors and info to communicate. We will use Connectathon/Showcase calls to start the process. Someone in the group will need to Join IHE.
Validation tool error related to CWE-23 (Kurt) Jan 22 emails.
  • Per TF, should be in HL7. But it’s not there. Removed during balloting for 2.8 without explanation. Alternate text exists, but were told not to use it. Need to let us use an existing one, or give us a new one. Or edit TF to remove the CWE-23 reference. Foreign languages – need to provide space for a local language. Would need to submit a petition to change V2.8. Alternate Text has definitions that don’t fit our use. Where do we put the other human language text. If we agree that CWE-10 is appropriate then we could use it; it would be IHE compliant, but not HL7. Can we have a 2nd alt text without an Identifier?
  • Create a TC Action Item to work on this
Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements (Monroe and Paul Sherman) Jan 27 emails.
  • Needs to go to the tooling group, Make it an Action Item.

Items not yet addressed:

Using HL7 v2.x PL datatype for identifying locations (Dalibor)
F2F Action Review (from this week)
PC
  • Activities Promoting PCD]
Let PCD and AmIt know if you have any ideas on how to promote PCD.
  • Execute Stakeholder Survey
Send to Amit. Send a link to Thom. Review at May PC meeting.
PC&TC
  • Draft an IHE White Paper that will provide an overview of the SDC standards, the IHE and IHE PCD technical framework architecture and profile specifications, and explore how SDC might be leveraged, including a proposed roadmap for future work.
  • Continue collaboration between PCD and PCHA, primarily the Task Force meetings.


TC
  • MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by ONO) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM. Make a TC Action Item
  • Sterilizer messaging – set up time during CN calls to move this forward.
  • Validation tool error related to CWE-23. Make a TC Action Item
  • Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements. Make it a TC Action Item.


TC Meeting Adjourned


Decisions/Issues:


Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

No new Action Items

Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by ONO) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM.
Validation tool error related to CWE-23.
Gazelle and Proxy and NIST Tool improvements.

Next Meetings

Technical Committee: PCD TC 2019-05-01 Webex

Planning Committee: PCD PC 2019-05-08 Webex

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PCD PC&TC 2019-05-15 Webex