PCD PC&TC 2019-10-23 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 09:34, 4 May 2020 by PaulSherman (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint PC and TC Meeting: At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2019-10-09 Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently, 2 Pump CPs pending.
5. Marketing PCD, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_12
Quiet Hospital
New Profiles
  • Sterilizer
7. PC Action Item Review - next review in November
- TC Action Item Review - next review in November
8. Other Business
- PCH - POU Profile Discussion [FHIR Upload doc]
- Oct F2F -
Review Summary - PCD PC&TC F2F 2019 Oct 15-17 Webex
9. Next and Recent Meetings
- PC Nov 13, 2019
- PC & TC Nov 20, 2019
- TC Nov 6, 2019

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items and PCD Technical Committee Action Items

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Sherman, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Martin Rosner
Chair: Kurt Elliason

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently, 2 Pump CPs pending, almost ready.
5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- Some will be at Dev Days next month, with presentations and sessions focused on FHIR, and discussion of new DEV Domain.
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Past deadlines, need to come up with next year’s deadlines.
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_12
Quiet Hospital
New Profiles
  • Sterilizer – No update this week. Provided some background.
  • Add SDPi to New Profiles
7. PC Action Item Review - next review in November
- TC Action Item Review - next review in November
8. Other Business
- Oct F2F -
Review Summary - PCD PC&TC F2F 2019 Oct 15-17 Webex
  • Focused on Actions from Thursday meetings
F2F Action Review (from this week)
Joint POCD/ PHD
  • Create Joint domain-wide coordination committees: Joint Planning Committee, Joint Technical Committee, Domain Coordination Committee
  • PHC and SDPi appoint joint PC and TC representatives
  • Tiger Team to create the infrastructure for this organization.
  • Add – Need to figure out how to bring in OR.net as a sponsor.
PC
  • Quiet Hospital
Marketing – Prep marketing documentation and Showcase speaking points.
HIMSS session approved (Todd), AAMI session proposed (Paul Sherman)
  • Motion: Start a DEC CP to include an option for HL7 FHIR transport. John Rhoads seconds. Discussion – Another appendix, make sure they are not interoperable. 10 approve, 5 abstain. Passes.
  • Determine 2020 Milestone dates - DEV Joint Planning Committee
  • Five year plan review and update - - DEV Joint Planning Committee
PC&TC
  • IHE DEV - DPI Subdomain Launch
Motion – Publish White Paper: 9 in favor, 2 abstain, passed
Motion – Approve developing SDPi supplement as proposed in white paper: 9 in favor, 2 abstain, passed
SPDi Sub-Domain will work on these.
Confirm availability of Mayo Jacksonville for DEV F2F meetings in April – Rob
  • Check with PCH on their availability the week of April 13 or April 20.
POU Supplement
  • Need to take the same approach for SPDi and PHD, as a full Domain method. This should be pursued in DEV Domain wide context, especially harmonizing PHD and POCD devices. POCD volunteers will work with PHD group to finalize this.
  • Officially add OR.net as an IHE Devices domain co-sponsor (Todd)
  • SDPi profile development (Todd / Ken / Stefan to lead)
TC
  • Pump CPs from Christophe to Paul to prep for vote.
POCD Cochairs
  • Cochair Action item - 106 - Activities Promoting PCD.
Joint POCD/PCH wrap up.
  • Thom Erickson will arrange a meeting to review this week's discussions.
- PCH - POU Profile Discussion [FHIR Upload doc]
Todd and John Rhoads came up with summary and sent it out to cochairs and other interested parties. Reviewed the summary.
  • Want to focus on the TI, and not be held up for the organization activities.
  • Paul Schluter comments – achieve seamless integration.
  • Discussed summary email. Focus on the upload. How to address P&P models in the TF – high level in V1. Leverage existing Devices on FHIR work. Existing PCC work – need to determine what to do with it. Will need to work with Mary to get the doc published. Recognized work done, chance to work together as a full Domain. Fallback SPDi schedule: Plugathon at NA CN, CN at Brussels and CN during DEVDays.
  • Thom – Is there a definitive list of work needed to get it to Mary? Clean up PCC references, make as many PCH as possible. How many are registered? Unclear. Brian – Steve Moore created some in PCC a few years ago. Are they documented? Unsure. If in PCC, then they need to claim them and maintain them. Better to let them go to PCH. Need to check PCC if they are official, if not, the we take them and create PHC transactions.
Summary: Two actions – 1. Remove PAN interface part. 2. Check with PCC to see if the transactions are official; if not then create PCH transactions. This is a TI, it can be altered to reflect experience. It’ll need to go past the PC&TC again. How long to edit the doc? Given rescoping, here are the transactions to adjudicate. Part 1 time – COB Friday. Part 2 - Out for short review this week, then out for ballot. Email ballot takes two weeks, Can create a special meeting for a voice vote on Wednesday.
- What is PCDs PC and TC meetings schedule? TC 1st Wed, PC 2nd Wed, joint 3rd Wed.
Task Force will review PCD schedule to arrange minimally competing times
9. Next and Recent Meetings
- PC Nov 13, 2019
- Special PC&TC for POU TI Oct 30.
- PC & TC Nov 20, 2019
- TC Nov 6, 2019

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- PC Nov 13, 2019, PCD PC&TC 2019-11-13 Webex
- PC&TC Oct 30, 2019 PCD PC&TC 2019-10-30 Webex
- PC&TC Nov 20, 2019 PCD PC&TC 2019-11-20 Webex
- TC Nov 6, 2019 PCD TC 2019-11-06 Webex

PCD Home