Difference between revisions of "PCD PC&TC 2015 October 20-23 F2F Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Tuesday October 20, 2015)
 
(43 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
 
  
 
{{TOCright}}
 
{{TOCright}}
Line 217: Line 216:
 
| align="center" | '''Wed Q1'''
 
| align="center" | '''Wed Q1'''
 
| align="center" | 08:30 - 10:15 AM
 
| align="center" | 08:30 - 10:15 AM
| PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)  
+
| PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC) and Technical Committee (TC)
 
|  
 
|  
 
:* 08:30 > Introduction
 
:* 08:30 > Introduction
Line 224: Line 223:
 
::- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda (10 minutes)
 
::- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda (10 minutes)
 
::- Review Discussion Summary Last PC & TC Meeting ''PC & TC October 14, 2015 [[PCD PC&TC 2015-10-14 Webex]] ''
 
::- Review Discussion Summary Last PC & TC Meeting ''PC & TC October 14, 2015 [[PCD PC&TC 2015-10-14 Webex]] ''
:* 09:00 > Review PCD Calendar and Update
+
:* 09:00 > HIMSS Showcase
 
+
:* 09:15 > HIMSS Showcase
+
 
::  MEMLS emphasis at HIMSS  
 
::  MEMLS emphasis at HIMSS  
:* 10:00 > AAMI Showcase
+
:* 09:30 > AAMI Showcase
 +
:* Nomenclature update (Paul Schluter
 +
:* 09:45 > Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
 +
:  Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 +
:- [[Patent_Disclosure_Process | IHE IP Management Process]]
 +
::  Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
 +
:* 09:50 > TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
 +
::- Intellectual Property Requirements
 +
:* 09:55 > TC Cochair election
 +
:* 10:00 > Review Current PCD Program:
 +
::- ACM (Monroe P)
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | '''Break'''  
 
| align="center" | '''Break'''  
| align="center" | 10:15 - 10:30
+
| align="center" | 10:45 - 11:00
 
|
 
|
 
|  
 
|  
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | '''Wed Q2'''  
 
| align="center" | '''Wed Q2'''  
| align="center" | 10:30 - 12:30
+
| align="center" | 11:00 - 12:30
| PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)   
+
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)   
 
|  
 
|  
:* 10:30 > Nomenclature update (Paul Schluter)
+
:* 11:00 > Test Tool update (John G)
:* 11:30 >
+
 
:* 12:30 > Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
+
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | '''Lunch'''  
 
| align="center" | '''Lunch'''  
Line 253: Line 259:
 
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 
|
 
|
:* 1:30 > [[Patent_Disclosure_Process | IHE IP Management Process]]
+
:* 1:30 > Review Current PCD Program (continued):
::  Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
+
:* 1:40 > TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Kurt Elliason)
+
::- Intellectual Property Requirements
+
:* 1:45 > TC Cochair election
+
:* 1:50 > Review Current PCD Program:
+
::- ACM (Monroe P)
+
::- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
+
::- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
+
::- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
+
::- IPEC (Al E)
+
::- EC (John R)
+
::- WCM (Ken F)
+
::- OMS (Ken F)
+
 
::- RTM (Paul Schluter)
 
::- RTM (Paul Schluter)
::- RDQ (John R)
 
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 281: Line 273:
 
|  
 
|  
  
:* 3:30 > Point-of-Care Identity Management (PCIM) white paper (John R)
+
:* 3:30 > IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
 
+
:* 4:30 > Whitepaper - MEMDMC communication from systems to devices (EPIC/Matt Rush)
:* 4:00 > Continue Review:
+
:: [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face%20to%20Face%20Meetings/2015-Oct-Boca-F2F/ FTP link]]
::- DPI  (John R)
+
::- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
+
::- MEM LS (Monroe P)
+
::- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
+
::- Physio monitor (John R)
+
::- Vent (Paul Schluter)
+
:* 4:15 > Nomenclature update (John G)
+
  
  
Line 311: Line 296:
 
|
 
|
 
:* 08:30 > [[Patent_Disclosure_Process | IHE IP Management Process]]  
 
:* 08:30 > [[Patent_Disclosure_Process | IHE IP Management Process]]  
:* 8:35 > TC Action item review
+
:* 8:35 > Point-of-Care Identity Management (PCIM) white paper (John R)
:: 118. Implementation Guide
+
:: 136. WCM Parameter List
+
:: 140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
+
:: 143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
+
:: 150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
+
:: 167. Versioning and Archiving
+
:: 170. Convert IPEC to EC
+
:: 175. Develop a PCD UDI whitepaper for IHE
+
:: 178  MSH-5 and Connectathon
+
:: 179. IPEC and EC documentation
+
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 333: Line 308:
 
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 
|  
 
|  
 +
 +
:- Private Terms (Paul Schluter)
 +
 +
:- Continue Profile Review:
 +
:: IDCO (Paul Schluter)
 +
:: DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
 +
:: PIV (Al E, Paul E)
 +
:: EC (John R)
 +
:: WCM (Ken F)
 +
:: OMS (Ken F)
 +
:: DPI  (John R)
 +
:: MEM DMC (Monroe P)
 +
:: MEM LS (Monroe P)
 +
:: Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
 +
:: Physio monitor (John R)
 +
:: Vent (Paul Schluter)
 +
 +
:* [[http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Technical_Committee_Action_Items TC Action item]] review
 +
:: 118. Implementation Guide
 +
:: 140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
 +
:: 143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
 +
:: 150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
 +
:: 167. Versioning and Archiving
 +
:: 170. Convert IPEC to EC
 +
:: 178  MSH-5 and Connectathon
 +
:: 179. IPEC and EC documentation
 +
 +
 
:* 10:00 > Continue TC Action item review
 
:* 10:00 > Continue TC Action item review
 
:: 183  CP for WCM and implementation
 
:: 183  CP for WCM and implementation
Line 340: Line 343:
 
:: 191  Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
 
:: 191  Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
 
:: 192  FHIR
 
:: 192  FHIR
 +
 
:*  11:00 > ACM change to containment MDC codes and MSH-21 OID change (Monroe)
 
:*  11:00 > ACM change to containment MDC codes and MSH-21 OID change (Monroe)
 +
 
:*  11:30 > Proposal Review
 
:*  11:30 > Proposal Review
:: Communication Between Devices - DPI Working Group
+
:: Communication Between Devices - DPI Working Group (Angela Merzweiler)
:: Workflow Profile
+
:: Workflow Profile (Angela Merzweiler, Björn Bergh)
 
:: [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face%20to%20Face%20Meetings/2015-Oct-Boca-F2F/ FTP link]]
 
:: [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face%20to%20Face%20Meetings/2015-Oct-Boca-F2F/ FTP link]]
 
|-
 
|-
Line 357: Line 362:
 
|
 
|
 
:* 1:30 > Security Discussion (Axel)
 
:* 1:30 > Security Discussion (Axel)
:* 2:30 > Proposal Review
+
:* 2:30 > Proposal Review (cont.)
:: Whitepaper - MEMDMC communication from systems to devices (EPIC/Matt Rush)
+
 
:: [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face%20to%20Face%20Meetings/2015-Oct-Boca-F2F/ FTP link]]
+
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | '''Break'''  
 
| align="center" | '''Break'''  
Line 370: Line 374:
 
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 
| PCD Technical Committee (TC)
 
|  
 
|  
:* 3:15 >  
+
:* 3:15 > IEEE to LOINC mapping (Paul Schluter)
::*  
+
:* 4:00 > F2F Action Review (from this week)
 +
:* 4:45 > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)
  
  
Line 472: Line 477:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
  
 +
: Minutes approved
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 483: Line 489:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
  
 +
:* Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
 +
:- ACM (Monroe P)
 +
:: Updates in PP file on ftp site
 +
:: (Monroe has slides for all 3)
 +
:- MEMDMC
 +
:: Updates in PP file on ftp site
 +
:- MEMLS
 +
:: Updates in PP file on ftp site
 +
:: Discussion on encouraging further vendor participation.  How to encourage them to join MEMLS?  Approach hospitals to pressure them, medical device vendors when deploying, Examined DARPA work as well (Inertial guidance if  GPS not available) – useful for home care. 
 +
:- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
 +
::  Very slight evolution, no substantial change.  A couple of explanatory pieces in the TF update. 
 +
:- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
 +
:: Extension for 10103a submitted, should be approved.  Extensions on items not already addressed.  Making progress.  Plan on January 2017 Connectathon participation.  Concern over costs in attending the Connectathon. 
 +
:- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
 +
:: Not much new.  Some TF updates. 
 +
:- IPEC (Al E)
 +
:: Worked on pump model, finalizing with proposed CP.  Mostly it's a TI implementation, just need TC review, then send to Mary so she can publish for public review.
 +
:- EC (John R)
 +
:: IPEC working well.  Other possible is MEMDMC.  Unsure if this needs a general profile or keep it within specific profiles.  Monroe – there is some commonality, may be good to have design goals and guidance for all to use.  Jeff R - Question on how all profiles combine.  Could use a guide for new participants.
 +
:- WCM (paul Sc)
 +
::  Know what the updates are, need to write them up.  Right now it's adhoc strings. Some Cps are out, just need to write them up.  Would be good to have MDC/REFID to outline them.  How granular?  Stream or Static.  Two formats currently.  Continuous wasn't originally indicated; hadn't looked at it yet.  Discussion of transition between static and dynamic (snippet and continuous). 
 +
:- OMS (Ken F)
 +
::  published a white paper a while back, not much activity.  In China – most devices are RS-232 serial.  If they start implementing HL7, this will be useful.
 +
:- RTM (Paul Schluter)
 +
:: Several related items.  Standards – ACM code hiccup, delayed approval.  Should be approved Dec 5, published Dec 9, to NIST Dec 10.  Different Word fonts make it interesting; formatting to make the document clean and open in HTML.  Should be ready for downloading.  Hope to have ready for Pre-CN for trial work and fully ready for CN.(gone 9:57 – 10:10). 
 +
:- Polysomnography
 +
:: Monroe discussed Polysomnography in IHE Brazil.  Challenge – need a mechanism to 'package' individual equipment info into a single report.  If we can get a sample report to build from, that would help.
 +
:- RDQ (John R)
 +
:: Quiescent.  Asks for past data dump.  Well documented and available, but few want to use it.  Not sure when it will be implememted.  ACM used to have their own, extracted it and recommend using RDQ.  Paul Sh – one company registered for RDQ at Connectathon, CardioPulmonary Corp.  This may be superseded by something based on FIHR.
 +
:- DPI  (John R)
 +
::  Work sporadic, sharing with automating device info model.  Proposal sent touches on several areas, including DPI.
 +
:- PCIM (John R)
 +
::  Creating a WP to aid implementation.  Any vendors creating material?  Yes, Epic, Philips and others are working on that.
 +
:- Pulse Ox
 +
::  Need resources to take this further
 +
:- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
 +
:: Discuss profile enhancements later this week.  Work group meets Friday morning
 +
:- Physio monitor (John R)
 +
::  Basic Vol 3 content specification available.  Todd is considering adding to it, but doesn't have resources to do it now. 
 +
:- Vent (Paul Schluter)
 +
::  10101a has 50 pages in it, will expand in 10101b.  Message content good, will add additional terms as vendors request.  Will include events in 10101c. 
 +
:- Certification (John G)
 +
:: Just had CASC meeting.  They've ID'd some PCD profiles to work on.  They're trying to ID what other tasks are needed to comply ISO standard.  Charles asked if there are scenarios we would test to around Connectathon time.  Quickly developing, a big effort under IHE Intl.  The focus is on the end user side.  Monroe provided some certification background.  Testing rigor is there.  This group wants to  focus on mature profiles.  Discussed certification process.  Can we improve Connectathon testing to provide this info to customers?  Yes, but it will take a lot of work.  Key is to define specializations in Vol 3.  Can develop test plans to define scenarios, then add specializations. 
  
 +
:* 11:30 > Action item Discussion
 +
:- 78. Stakeholder Survey
 +
::  Associated with AAMI representation.  Not active yet.  Will close and open a new one for ECRI.  Juuso will check with ECRI staff to see if they're willing to do a survey with their customers.
 +
:- 140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
 +
::  Close until it resurrects with Joint Commision analysis of Alarm fatigue.  Start a new Action Action for this. 
 +
:- 157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
 +
:: Resource availability limited ability to update so far.  Jeff R willing to look at the pump part and Rob will look into the ACM part.  Change date to Nov 11.
  
 +
:* 12:00 > Use of 11073 terms in HL7.  (Epic) – 
 +
::  Discussed at IEEE/HL7 meetings.  Most of our terms will be used in Rosetta without formal acceptance.  Not as solid as we would like it, but it's usable.  Numeric codes and REFIDs are freely available.  Yes, but it's better too include IEEE terms as well.
  
 
+
:* 1:30 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2016 Spring F2F
Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)
+
:: West Health Institute, in San Diego (AFC)
 +
:: Likely 2nd week of  April, paul will confirm and provide to the Committees
  
 +
:-  Review Connectathon milestone dates
 +
:-  Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
 +
:- IHE 2016 Publication Schedule [http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates] 
  
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:: Long term Roadmap [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Roadmap_and_Calendar/  Roadmap ftp link]]
  
 +
:-  Cycle 11
 +
:: Architecture:  We use 2.6, moving to 2.8 and 2.8.2  (UDI, PCM uses it)
 +
:: DEC: 
 +
::- RDQ not at FT, moved out to 2016
 +
:: PCD02:  In TF
 +
:: MEMDMC profile options, WCM option for DEC,
 +
:: Smart Alarms:  Move to Cycle 12
 +
:: RDQ profile specific work:  move to Cycle 12
 +
:: IPEC
 +
::-  Device order Management
 +
::: Multi componnent admixtures:  Pump roup will discuss this week, may go away
 +
:: MEM:  Final text – not enough vendors yet, moved to 2017
 +
::  Cybersecurity/Patching Wps – underway
 +
::  Point of Care:
 +
::-  DPI no change.  Overlatp with a proposal?  Yes, likely
 +
::-  Symmetric Comms: 
 +
::-  UML model – fairly complete, add to calendar for 2016.
 +
::-  DIM editor – V1  mostly done, should be ready in 2016
 +
:: Content Management
 +
::- 10101b for new terms Q4 2016
 +
::- 10101c Q2 2017
 +
::- Map IEEE to LOINC
 +
:: WCM – updated TI
 +
:: IPEC:  Jeff R will submit updated CPs for IPEC TI.  Will be several updated CPs.
 +
::- PCA Content in IPEC TI – change to pump specialization and move to 2016. 
 +
:: Vent Specialization in RTMMS and PCD TF Vol 3 - 2016
 +
:: Coordination Efforts
 +
::- Sending PCHA records (PCC) – Can use LOINC mapping, but says SNOMED now (unlikely).
 +
::- HIMSS ONC MU standards – 11073 distant 2nd to other standards. 
 +
:: Quality
 +
::- IEC 60601 - 60601.1.? specific Alarm info not released yet
  
'''Action(s):'''
+
Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  
  
|-
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
| align="center" | 4
+
| ''' ___ '''
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates
+
  
 
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
 
  
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
=== Wednesday Morning ===
 
=== Wednesday Morning ===
 
'''Placeholder'''
 
  
 
:{|border="2"  
 
:{|border="2"  
Line 527: Line 609:
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
: Introductions
 
: Introductions
: **  reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
+
: Reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
 
: Reviewed & approved Agenda (10 minutes)
 
: Reviewed & approved Agenda (10 minutes)
 
: Reviewed and approved Oct 14 PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
 
: Reviewed and approved Oct 14 PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
Line 536: Line 618:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 2
 
| align="center" | 2
| '''____________''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
:-
+
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''  
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:
+
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 +
: Oct 14 PC/TC summary approved
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 551: Line 631:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
  
: - Cycle 10 -
+
:- AAMI Showcase
Review Current PCD Program:
+
:: In Tampa this time. No HIMSS showcase.  Likely back to 10x20 display, should reduce costs a bit.  Will piece together a demo.  There will be more info coming.
 
+
:- DEC
+
 
+
:- IDCO (Paul Schluter) –
+
  
:- PIV (Al E, Paul E) –  
+
:- AP/Lab domain merger.
 +
::  How active is lab?  Fairly active, not sure what their current specifics are.  Paul Sc what standards are they using?  Any MU used?  Monroe – good questions, send them to him to ask at next week's DCC call. 
  
:- IPEC (Al E) –  
+
:- HIMSS Showcase
 +
::  Family of four didn't quite work, will have 15 patients independent of each other.  Will minimize overlap in vignettes.  Fewer devices per vignette allows more time for each vendor.  Docents will work with vendors to discuss devices with visitors.  Will help between tours as well.  Reduced use cases by two, allowing more frequent tours. 
 +
:: Proposed having badge scanners for each vignette.  Helps ID walk-ups and tours of specific vignette.  Should help with lead creation.
 +
::  Started discussing use cases with vendors.  Vendors now can select vignettes, rather than have them assigned.  They are listed on the page as well.
 +
:: Prospectus on Showcase web page with levels of participation.  Philip provided an overview of what vendors get for different levels.  Discussed 'Leadership' level benefits.
 +
::  MEMLS emphasis at HIMSS – No one has signed up yet.  One vendor participated last year as location services providor.  He hasn't signed up yet.  We will ping him to sign up.  Is the Showcase in the same place as last time?  Unofficially – yes.  Will provide signs to connect vendor booths with the Showcase.  Hope to provide more directions, etc. to drive traffic to the Showcase.  There are event spots available.  Rob - Is this being communicated to our marketing people?  Yes.
 +
::  Why the issue of location in Vegas?  They don't want to give up prime floor space for the Showcase. Much like Chicago Connectathon space.  There are space constraints. 
 +
::  Monroe's relationship with the Showcase?  Wanted someone to manage PCD interfaces with the vignettes.  Will start PCD calls in November. 
  
:- WCM
+
:- Nomenclature update (Paul Schluter)
 +
::  Likely 10101a approved by IEEE Dec 6.  Should be available for use.  Most topics for TC call.  Will work with Nicholas to upload into RTMMS.  Have four groups competing for the same numeric set, need to manage that process.  Many codes start with 0, active ones will have non-0 to show they're active.  This helps the receiver know it's an active code.  Focussing on getting it approved, don't want to add anything, it could delay approval.  Won't include pump info yet.  
  
:- OMS  –
+
: 10:30 Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
 +
:: Start PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  
:- RTM (Paul Schluter) –
 
  
  
Line 575: Line 660:
  
  
|-
 
| align="center" | 4
 
| ''' ___ '''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates
 
 
 
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
  
  
Line 591: Line 665:
 
|}
 
|}
  
=== Wednesday Afternoon ===
+
=== Wednesday 10:00 AM ===
  
'''Placeholder'''
 
  
 
:{|border="2"  
 
:{|border="2"  
Line 602: Line 675:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 1
 
| align="center" | 1
| '''Introductions & Agenda Review''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 +
 
: Agenda approved   
 
: Agenda approved   
 +
 +
: [[Patent_Disclosure_Process | IHE IP Management Process]]
 +
:  Announcements –
 +
:- Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
 +
:- TC Cochair election
 +
:: Ballot currently open for John Rhoads as new cochair.
 +
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
  
Line 613: Line 694:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
:-  
 
:-  
 
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 624: Line 704:
 
| '''Agenda Items''' <br>-  
 
| '''Agenda Items''' <br>-  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
  
Begin Technical Committee Meeting
+
: Review Current PCD Program:
: - > [[Patent_Disclosure_Process | IHE IP Management Process]]
+
:- ACM (Monroe P)
::  Announcement Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
+
:: Presentation available on F2F ftp site
: TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Jeff McGeath)
+
:: Passed a number of CPs.  
 +
::- Resurrected some functions redacted to acheive Final Text. 
 +
:::  Discussion over PCD-05 resurrection.  It is an option at the Connectathon.  Can do ad-hoc if needed.  Tests are updated for 2016.  Rob they will likely participate in 2017.
 +
::- Aligned Containment MDCs with IEEE 11073-10101a
 +
::- Some in process, not balloted yet.
 +
:-  Discussion of upcoming CPs and potential impact.
 +
::  Question of PRT and HL7 versions.  Discussion of OBX.
 +
 
 +
: -Test tool updates (John G)
 +
:: Presentation on ftp site
 +
:: Scope 'creeps' and become defacto e-version of the standards.
 +
:: HL7 V2 tooling -
 +
::- Working with IHE int'l to help with their certification.  IGAMT and TCAMT – guides constrain the standards to usable levels, reduces ambiguity.  Drives user consistency, especially useful for Meaningful Use.  Want to get PCD-01 into them.  Once done, can work on specializations and other profiles.  Hope to have it ready to demo by spring F2F. 
 +
:- DIM Editor and tools
 +
::  Showed updates at IEEE-HL7 meeting earlier this month.  Challenge; seperating 11073 terms from others.  Model robust and stable, being tested.  Once model done, can build containment.  Need to know the DIM a bit, but it's very powerful and useful for generating standards. 
 +
:: Meetings and activities coming up
 +
:: Addressing Cps as they happen and TF 2, V5.
 +
:- IHE-Japan Connectathon – Asked them how the tools worked, worked well
 +
:-  As they evolve, will be able to use different tool versions
 +
:- RTMMS
 +
:: Updated tools.  How well is IE working with the tools?  It's a bit erratic, they recommend Firefox and Chrome.  Working through those challenges.  Dr. Swapna provided a great cross reference sheet.
 +
:: 11073 will include LOINC and SNOMED mappings soon.  Paul Sc – concerned it may be a bit premature, suggest starting with a lighter touch.  It will take a while to implement.  Needs more review.
 +
:- NIST tool framework work
 +
:-  Royalty free agreement with IEEE
 +
:-  Tool updates
 +
:: WCTP in the future?  Monroe and John G to discuss.
 +
:- Discussion
 +
::  CP122 update underway
 +
::  IPEC – Have a lot of 0 MDC codes, How to resolve?  Todd working on it.  Current mechanism doesn't work, paul Sc will discuss at his session.
 +
:: John demonstrated TCAMT .  A process to automate test generation.  Example - Paul Sherman can use the test spreadsheets and create the tests.
 +
::  When will Pre-Connectathon start?
 +
 
 +
:* 1:30 > Review Current PCD Program (continued):
 +
:- RTM (Paul Schluter) Presentation is on ftp site.
 +
:: 10101a, and lessons learned -
 +
::  Either method can be supported.  Paul is looking for feedback and suggestions.
 +
::  Dealing with 'junk' terms.
 +
::  Q – Without ability to see what's submitted to 10101a, how to see what's submitted so we can provide input?  A - IEEE instituted public review period; working group must review comments.
 +
::  Q - How to get new pump term numbers?  A – On RTMMS now, Todd can approve them.  Likely have few junk terms.
 +
:: Q  MEMLS has 20+ terms, some from other areas.  A – should be no problem, there's space for them.
 +
 
 +
:- IPEC (Jeff R)
 +
::  Not a lot going on right now.  Found pumps and use cases it didn't accommodate.  IPEC is driving the IEEE model.  Redefining the model.  Will be a CP to approve a new version.  The events haven't changed much.  The changes reflect pump models and content of those events.  Some will end up in Vol 3.  Clinical Scenario section; many changes in the Parameters.  Eliminated use of 'channel', will use 'info' instead.  Come too far to go back, need to know how to get them into RTMMS and the NIST tools.  John G – Todd entered some new terms, is committed to get other codes assigned by EOW.  Reviewed RTMMS.  92 terms, 22 without codes.  This will change the DEC profile as well.  Struggles with adding dose units as well.  What needs to happen?  Al updated Todd about the terms, need them  loaded.  How long to validate the terms?  It depends on the field and requirements.  Extensive discussion and review of terms in RTMMS. 
 +
 
 +
:- Whitepaper proposal - MEMDMC communication from systems to devices (EPIC/Matt Rush)
 +
:: [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face%20to%20Face%20Meetings/2015-Oct-Boca-F2F/ FTP link]]
 +
:: Alert Management – Silence Alerts and setting alert limits. 
 +
:: 11073 meeting a couple of years ago – seems there's been work there.  Look at 11073 – 10201.  prepare for feedback from Jan Wittenber.  Some things to be done first.  There's a lot of interest in 11073; personal health devices has done some work.  Issuing commands in FIHR will create a lot of new terms.  Seems a very good time to discuss it. 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
  
Line 641: Line 770:
 
| ''' ___ '''
 
| ''' ___ '''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates
+
 
 +
 
  
  
Line 691: Line 821:
 
: - ACM update (Monroe)-   
 
: - ACM update (Monroe)-   
  
: - WCM –  
+
:- Point-of-Care Identity Management (PCIM) white paper (John R)
: - OMS –  
+
::  No major change in OBX-4, but could be EMR challenges.
: -  RTMMS –  
+
::  John provided OBX4 overview.  Discussion of official definitions versus implementation.  As soon as we define the models, it will be useful for implementers, particularly on the receiver end.  Epic explained how they implement OBX-4.  In general, XML is like a tree, you can parse a message to find the info needed.  In TF as a 'should, not a 'shall'.  Epic had to code to the current framework.Enforcing document order won't eliminate OBX-4.  This ensures consistency within channels.  Risk of mixing semantics, but not sure it's a practical concern.  Brian will discuss this with Chris (Epic).  Pump model has a couple of attributes for events and alarms.  Also a companion attribute that defines hierarchy position.  Example – will use different OBX's for primary and secondary pump channels. 
 +
 
 +
:- Private Terms (Paul Schluter)
 +
 
 +
:- Continue Profile Review:
 +
:: DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
 +
:: IDCO (Paul Schluter)
 +
:: PIV (Al E, Paul E)
 +
:: DPI  (John R)
 +
::-  Semi-quiescent
 +
:: MEM DMC (Monroe P)
 +
::-  Moving more into the mainstream.  Some 11073 attributes not in RTMMS yet, but can be added when needed by MEMDMC.  May be in the X73 tab; will need to be harmonized.  May be able to use Personal Health Devices as well.  Two Cps, proposals for communication to devices, this may be the best group
 +
:: MEM LS (Monroe P)
 +
::- Will need to change the document to resolve an editing error.  Al will submit a public comment to correct.
 +
:: PCIM (John R)
 +
::- Core of the WG (Stan, Chris and Doug) did a lot.  Have a good draft, hope to submit by EOY, then send for balloting.  Pretty specific on format and content.  John and Chris will prototype, then TI in 2017
 +
:: Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
 +
:: Physio monitor (John R)
 +
:: Vent (Paul Schluter)
 +
::-  Done a lot of work, a lot of mappings wih positive feedback. Covered basics, breathe by breath annotation, additional parameters.  Will need to take care of private terms.  Advanced topics may be in 10101c. 
 +
 
 +
:* [[http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Technical_Committee_Action_Items TC Action item]] review
 +
 
 +
:: 118. Implementation Guide
 +
::- Ties to Igamt and tcamt work.  Trying to implement PCD-01.  Will mirror TF Vol 2, provide more focused device speciliazation guides.
 +
 
 +
:: 136 WCM Attribute List
 +
::- Can use numeric Ids or annotated ECG.  Not a compelling need to include them.Have a good way to show filters.  Change to Nov 18.
 +
 
 +
:: 143. Describe HL7 Version Implications::- :: 143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
 +
::- CLOSE
 +
 
 +
:: 150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
 +
::- HL7 V3 item to explain why a field is empty.  In TF Vol 2, line 3380.  Tweaked it to make a tutorial.  CLOSE
 +
 
 +
:*  11:30 > Proposal Review
 +
:: Communication Between Devices - DPI Working Group  (Angela Merzweiler)
 +
::- Don't have ability to communicate between devices, described five use cases. 
 +
::- Discussion John R; DPI goals for some time, looks like a good project.  Monroe; some profiles and TIs started on it, may need to spraed out over multiple Wgs.  Some experience and expertise to help achieve.  What does a device need to support?  Use this approach to configure devicxes and record alerts and observations.  There are a lot of pieces that exist.  DPI can build on that work.  Need to prioritize the tasks, then fill in the rest as time allows.  Need to find resources to implement it.  Part of 11073, but not main part, part of Open SDC.  Stephan:  Described transport specs, web services derived from HL7 specs.  Glues together how the sections work.  Needs implemented by devices (not HL7).  Are there libraries available?  Yes, two.  Open SDC and OC-lib. 
 +
 
 +
:: Workflow Profile for ordering Device Monitoring  (Angela Merzweiler, Björn Bergh)
 +
::- Closes loop from order to results.  (I want this device to do this thing)
 +
:-  Discussion Similar to original DEC profile, takes existing HL7 V2 infrastructure.  Tailors this to a specific use case.  Similar to RGB in PIV.  Want to order, then take results and update the order.  RAD has done similar work, can use this to build this profile. 
 +
 
 +
: Next steps – Evaluate proposals.  Determine work needed and resources available.  PC will review and determine if we'll take I forward.  Will need to submit to HIMSS to determine if this is appropriate for PCD or another domain.
 +
 
 +
:: [[ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Meetings/Face%20to%20Face%20Meetings/2015-Oct-Boca-F2F/ FTP link]]
 +
 
 +
:* Continue TC Action item review.
 +
 
 +
:: 167. Versioning and Archiving
 +
::- ::- ACM used OID to perform this.  Can add a how-to to TF next iteration  CLOSE
 +
 
 +
:: 170. Convert IPEC to EC
 +
::- Do we take it down a notch and put info in framework, and let device specific groups define as needed (IPEC becomes an example of EC)?  IPEC principles can provide a base for others to build on.  Close this and open another to create common EC material to go into TF.  Owner of new AI IPEC team and John R.  What is the need for this material?  Would be a template for other equipment types to build on. 
 +
 
 +
::-  CP-122:  ACM change to containment MDC codes and MSH-21 OID change (Monroe)
 +
::: Monroe reviewed CP, found a few edits needed.  Any other profiles have changed their content.  Questions on why this needs a CP.  Because this is in Final Text, most others are in Trial Implementation.  Epic is concerned over keeping track of the changes and versioning.  Doesn't see this as a big enough change to warrant versioning.  This one is, this won't be a habit.  Monroe will retract the CP, edit as needed and resubmit for balloting.
 +
 
 +
:*  Medical Device Cybersecurity Discussion (Axel)
 +
::  All this work needs to happen quickly, but in a highly regulated environment.  This is a system of systems issue.  Overview of prior work and current activities.  Getting good feedback from Symantec customers.  Limitation – only best practices for current tech, nothing for new technologies; had to update chapters while writing.  September asked 'What's Next?'.  Users provided a list of what they need.  The workgroup needs provider members.  Need a way to make this work at the hospital level.  Examples:  Equipment returned from repair, loaners, demo equipment – how to confirm they aren't a security issue without overloading the hospital?  This typically would go to ITI, but they don't really look at device function.  Life critical vs. mission critical, the variety, number of devices and device age are all more complex than IT systems.
 +
 
 +
:*  Continue TC Action item review.
 +
:: 175  Develop a PCD UDI Witepaper for IHE
 +
::- John R – Unless someone has material changes, close this.
 +
 
 +
:: 178  MSH-5 and Connectathon
 +
::- Retitle to MSH 3 and ACKs.  Look for Jeff's email and use that an update to the TF.  What to do as a gateway?  The gateway is responsible for the ACK.  Change date to Nov 4 and put on the TC agenda.
 +
 
 +
:: 179. IPEC and EC documentation - CLOSE
 +
 
 +
:: 183  CP for WCM and implementation
 +
::- Will update WCM TI rather than create a CP.  Change date to Nov 18.
 +
 
 +
:: 186  Review and reformat ftp site
 +
::-  Make Cochairs owners.  Change date to Dec 31
 +
 
 +
:: 189  Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon
 +
::- Discussion on how to proceed.  Could have the vendors provide, NIST loads the info, then it can tie back during Connectathon registration.  John G will assemble a spreadsheet to go to CN and PC members asking them to load their info.  Will try to have ready for Pre-Connectathon.  Paul Sc suggests including a private company identifier.  Set up for warning if not in the table, error if different than in table.  Stay with OBX-18 for now.  Need extra data and analysis.  John will send a notice on what's needed for this Connectathon.
 +
 
 +
:: 190  PRT Segment Use -  CLOSE
 +
 
 +
:: 191  Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
 +
::- Liaised, unsure what IDCO will do.  Change to Dec 31.
 +
 
 +
:: 192  FHIR  Change date to Dec 31 
  
: - MEM DMC (Monroe P) and  MEM LS (Monroe P)  
+
: IEEE to LOINC mapping (Paul Schluter)
    
+
:-   IEEE 11073 to LOINC Mapping
:* 10:00 >
+
  
:* 2:00 > Security Update (Axel Wirth)
+
: Very reasonable first draft of mapping exists, due to the work of Dr. Swapna Abhyankar. 
 +
: 600+ ‘harmonized’ Rosetta terms, incorporate dimensionality, maps (almost reversibly) to LOINC.
 +
: Recommend that mapping information be captured as a single, authenticatable file.
 +
: IEEE P11073-10104 as possible future standard, provides ANSI recognized open-consensus review and voting.
 +
: MoU between IEEE and Regenstrief ‘almost’ signed (should have been two weeks ago).
 +
: IEEE-SA is considering similar relationship with SNOMED-CT, but many things are needed to be done to make this happen.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 711: Line 930:
 
| ''' ___ '''
 
| ''' ___ '''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates
+
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates
  
  
Line 736: Line 955:
 
: Agenda approved
 
: Agenda approved
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 +
 +
|-
 +
  
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 2
 
| align="center" | 2
| '''____________''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''General Discussion''' <br>  
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
+
| '''Status/Discussion:''
:-
+
: reviewed IHE IP Management Process
 +
: Attendees: Al Englebert, Paul Elletson, Brian Witkowski, Tom Kowalczyk, Megan Tetlow, Olivier Coeffic, Jeff Rinda
  
  
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
:
 
  
'''Action(s):'''
+
:-Pump specialization will be major focus of pump group in 2016
 +
:• LVP, PCA, Syringe
  
|-
 
| align="center" | 3
 
| '''Agenda Items''' <br>-
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
  
: ** reviewed IHE IP Management Process
+
:-IPEC - messages should contain information for all channels
: Review of On-going work
+
:• most important for the "start" message after infusion programmed using PIV
 +
:• consider updating IPEC profile to explicitly state this
  
  
 
+
:-Extending PIV to other use cases
:* 10:00 >
+
:Multistep and Loading Dose programs
 +
:PIV can support when all program parameters are ordered and known by EMR "up front"
 +
:Paul E - determine whether there is an MDC term for "continuous" that can be used
  
  
 +
:-Proposed PIV message structure for multi-segment orders:
 +
::• loading dose or bolus followed by continuous infusion
 +
::• multi-step infusion
  
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
::MSH
 +
::PID
 +
::(PV1)
 +
::ORC
 +
::{
 +
::RXG
 +
::(TQ1)
 +
::RXR (consider placing this segment before RXG so that it only appears once if HL7 supports)
 +
::OBX – indicates dose type (use existing MDC terms for loading dose, clinician dose, may need new term for “continuous or continuous rate”)
 +
::OBX – pump ID
 +
::OBX – patient height/weight/BSA
 +
::}
  
  
'''Action(s):'''
+
:-Ramp/Taper
 +
:In order to support we need to know the specific parameters required by the pump.
 +
:Need to define terms for these parameters (some examples might be "target dose rate", ramp time, taper time, enumerations for "ramp" and "taper". Do we :have status elements defined?)
 +
:Vendors may handle programming differently or not support at all.
  
  
|-
+
:-Bolus
| align="center" | 4
+
:There are many use cases where the word bolus is commonly used
| ''' ___ '''
+
::• Initial bolus (= loading dose)
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
::• Bolus administered from bag
 +
::• Bolus administered from secondary
 +
::• Bolus according to protocol order (as needed according to patient parameter or condition)
 +
::• Bolus administered from syringe (heparin, insulin, narcotics often given this way)
 +
:Jeff will solicit comments on bolus practice, consistency within an institution, etc
 +
:Brian will solicit comments on bolus ordering (if separate order – how to “link” to an infusion in progress, how to know whether given by syringe or as :secondary/piggyback)
 +
 
 +
 
 +
:-Use of 5th containment level
 +
:Jeff will schedule pump group call pending Todd’s availability to review Al's email on use of the 5th containment level
 +
 
 +
 
 +
:-Use of reference range (OBX-7)
 +
:Al will develop a CP to optionally use the reference range (OBX-7) to contain drug library limits.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
:-Target-controlled infusions (TCI)
 +
:Require specialized pumps that deliver a drug to maintain a target blood concentration
 +
:More common in Europe
 +
:Issue: How to program using PIV
 +
:Vendor(s) of those pumps are not currently participating in IHE pump group, and current group members are not familiar with the programming and :operational parameters for the devices.
 +
:“Diprifusor” is a TCI device developed specifically for the administration of a single drug - propofol (Diprivan)
  
  
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 +
See above
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 +
See above
 +
 +
|-
  
  
Line 804: Line 1,067:
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
  
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
+
[[Category:PCD Meeting Archive 2015]]

Latest revision as of 09:18, 2 January 2017

PCD Home


Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:
- Philips Healthcare,
951 Yamato Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Suite 175W
- Meeting room
Hotel
- Springhill Suites
130 NW 8th Avenue Boca Raton FL 33487
Book at group room rate at [Hotel link]


Dates
Tuesday October 20 PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday October 21 morning: Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Wednesday October 21 afternoon through Thursday: PCD Technical Committee
Friday October 23 Pump Working Group
Daily Schedule -
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at Philips, Boca Raton, FL
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 Eastern Time each day.
08:30 - 10:15 Session #1
10:30 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:15 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4
The Friday Pump workgroup session will end by 12:30

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

78. Stakeholder Survey
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

118. Implementation Guide
136. WCM Parameter List
140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
167. Versioning and Archiving
170. Convert IPEC to EC
175. Develop a PCD UDI whitepaper for IHE
178 MSH-5 and Connectathon
179. IPEC and EC documentation
183 CP for WCM and implementation
186 Review and reformat ftp site
189 Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon
190 PRT Segment Use
191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
192 FHIR

Webex

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The HIMSS Webex page is [here]

Tuesday morning, October 20: PC: Meeting Number: 922 345 610

Tuesday afternoon, October 20: PC: Meeting Number: 927 328 705

Wednesday morning, October 21: Joint PC, TC: Meeting Number: 927 905 271

Wednesday afternoon, October 21: TC: Meeting Number: 921 745 176

Thursday morning October 22: TC: Meeting Number: 921 791 087

Thursday afternoon October 22: TC: Meeting Number: 922 601 518

Friday morning October 23: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 924 383 028

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [F2F ftp site] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Tuesday October 20, 2015

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 0900 > Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Monroe P)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
- IPEC (Al E)
- EC (John R)
- WCM (Chris C)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)


Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Tuesday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 10:30 > Continue program review
- RDQ (John R)
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry Integration Supplement(Completed)
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • 11:30 > Action item Discussion
78. Stakeholder Survey
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
Lunch 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Tuesday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 1:30 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2016 Spring F2F
  • 1:45 > Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
IHE 2016 Publication Schedule [1]


Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Tuesday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 3:15 >
  • Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC) Meeting

Wednesday October 21, 2015

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items


Wed Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC) and Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
  • 08:45 >
- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda (10 minutes)
- Review Discussion Summary Last PC & TC Meeting PC & TC October 14, 2015 PCD PC&TC 2015-10-14 Webex
  • 09:00 > HIMSS Showcase
MEMLS emphasis at HIMSS
  • 09:30 > AAMI Showcase
  • Nomenclature update (Paul Schluter
  • 09:45 > Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
- IHE IP Management Process
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • 09:50 > TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
- Intellectual Property Requirements
  • 09:55 > TC Cochair election
  • 10:00 > Review Current PCD Program:
- ACM (Monroe P)
Break 10:45 - 11:00
Wed Q2 11:00 - 12:30 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 11:00 > Test Tool update (John G)
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30
Wed Q3 1:30 - 3:15 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > Review Current PCD Program (continued):
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
Break 3:15 - 3:30 PM
Wed Q4 3:30 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:30 > IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
  • 4:30 > Whitepaper - MEMDMC communication from systems to devices (EPIC/Matt Rush)
[FTP link]


Thursday October 22, 2015

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 9:45 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
Break 09:45 - 10:00 AM
Thursday Q2 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
- Private Terms (Paul Schluter)
- Continue Profile Review:
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
PIV (Al E, Paul E)
EC (John R)
WCM (Ken F)
OMS (Ken F)
DPI (John R)
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
MEM LS (Monroe P)
Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
Physio monitor (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
118. Implementation Guide
140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
167. Versioning and Archiving
170. Convert IPEC to EC
178 MSH-5 and Connectathon
179. IPEC and EC documentation


  • 10:00 > Continue TC Action item review
183 CP for WCM and implementation
186 Review and reformat ftp site
189 Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon
190 PRT Segment Use
191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
192 FHIR
  • 11:00 > ACM change to containment MDC codes and MSH-21 OID change (Monroe)
  • 11:30 > Proposal Review
Communication Between Devices - DPI Working Group (Angela Merzweiler)
Workflow Profile (Angela Merzweiler, Björn Bergh)
[FTP link]
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > Security Discussion (Axel)
  • 2:30 > Proposal Review (cont.)
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > IEEE to LOINC mapping (Paul Schluter)
  • 4:00 > F2F Action Review (from this week)
  • 4:45 > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


Friday October 24, 2015 (Pump Workgroup)

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Friday Q1 08:30 - 12:00 Pump workgroup
  • AGENDA TOPICS
  • Pump model - discuss and determine best option for channels and containment
  • IPEC - determine changes needed based on revised pump model
  • 12:00 > Meeting Adjournment
Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Webex Support

Webex will likely be available for those who could not attend in person. The links will be provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Participants

Tuesday, October 20

On Site:


Remote:


Wednesday, October 21

On Site:


Remote:



Thursday, October 22

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Tuesday

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Monroe reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Monroe P)
Updates in PP file on ftp site
(Monroe has slides for all 3)
- MEMDMC
Updates in PP file on ftp site
- MEMLS
Updates in PP file on ftp site
Discussion on encouraging further vendor participation. How to encourage them to join MEMLS? Approach hospitals to pressure them, medical device vendors when deploying, Examined DARPA work as well (Inertial guidance if GPS not available) – useful for home care.
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
Very slight evolution, no substantial change. A couple of explanatory pieces in the TF update.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
Extension for 10103a submitted, should be approved. Extensions on items not already addressed. Making progress. Plan on January 2017 Connectathon participation. Concern over costs in attending the Connectathon.
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
Not much new. Some TF updates.
- IPEC (Al E)
Worked on pump model, finalizing with proposed CP. Mostly it's a TI implementation, just need TC review, then send to Mary so she can publish for public review.
- EC (John R)
IPEC working well. Other possible is MEMDMC. Unsure if this needs a general profile or keep it within specific profiles. Monroe – there is some commonality, may be good to have design goals and guidance for all to use. Jeff R - Question on how all profiles combine. Could use a guide for new participants.
- WCM (paul Sc)
Know what the updates are, need to write them up. Right now it's adhoc strings. Some Cps are out, just need to write them up. Would be good to have MDC/REFID to outline them. How granular? Stream or Static. Two formats currently. Continuous wasn't originally indicated; hadn't looked at it yet. Discussion of transition between static and dynamic (snippet and continuous).
- OMS (Ken F)
published a white paper a while back, not much activity. In China – most devices are RS-232 serial. If they start implementing HL7, this will be useful.
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
Several related items. Standards – ACM code hiccup, delayed approval. Should be approved Dec 5, published Dec 9, to NIST Dec 10. Different Word fonts make it interesting; formatting to make the document clean and open in HTML. Should be ready for downloading. Hope to have ready for Pre-CN for trial work and fully ready for CN.(gone 9:57 – 10:10).
- Polysomnography
Monroe discussed Polysomnography in IHE Brazil. Challenge – need a mechanism to 'package' individual equipment info into a single report. If we can get a sample report to build from, that would help.
- RDQ (John R)
Quiescent. Asks for past data dump. Well documented and available, but few want to use it. Not sure when it will be implememted. ACM used to have their own, extracted it and recommend using RDQ. Paul Sh – one company registered for RDQ at Connectathon, CardioPulmonary Corp. This may be superseded by something based on FIHR.
- DPI (John R)
Work sporadic, sharing with automating device info model. Proposal sent touches on several areas, including DPI.
- PCIM (John R)
Creating a WP to aid implementation. Any vendors creating material? Yes, Epic, Philips and others are working on that.
- Pulse Ox
Need resources to take this further
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
Discuss profile enhancements later this week. Work group meets Friday morning
- Physio monitor (John R)
Basic Vol 3 content specification available. Todd is considering adding to it, but doesn't have resources to do it now.
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
10101a has 50 pages in it, will expand in 10101b. Message content good, will add additional terms as vendors request. Will include events in 10101c.
- Certification (John G)
Just had CASC meeting. They've ID'd some PCD profiles to work on. They're trying to ID what other tasks are needed to comply ISO standard. Charles asked if there are scenarios we would test to around Connectathon time. Quickly developing, a big effort under IHE Intl. The focus is on the end user side. Monroe provided some certification background. Testing rigor is there. This group wants to focus on mature profiles. Discussed certification process. Can we improve Connectathon testing to provide this info to customers? Yes, but it will take a lot of work. Key is to define specializations in Vol 3. Can develop test plans to define scenarios, then add specializations.
  • 11:30 > Action item Discussion
- 78. Stakeholder Survey
Associated with AAMI representation. Not active yet. Will close and open a new one for ECRI. Juuso will check with ECRI staff to see if they're willing to do a survey with their customers.
- 140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
Close until it resurrects with Joint Commision analysis of Alarm fatigue. Start a new Action Action for this.
- 157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
Resource availability limited ability to update so far. Jeff R willing to look at the pump part and Rob will look into the ACM part. Change date to Nov 11.
  • 12:00 > Use of 11073 terms in HL7. (Epic) –
Discussed at IEEE/HL7 meetings. Most of our terms will be used in Rosetta without formal acceptance. Not as solid as we would like it, but it's usable. Numeric codes and REFIDs are freely available. Yes, but it's better too include IEEE terms as well.
  • 1:30 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2016 Spring F2F
West Health Institute, in San Diego (AFC)
Likely 2nd week of April, paul will confirm and provide to the Committees
- Review Connectathon milestone dates
- Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
- IHE 2016 Publication Schedule [2]
Long term Roadmap [Roadmap ftp link]
- Cycle 11
Architecture: We use 2.6, moving to 2.8 and 2.8.2 (UDI, PCM uses it)
DEC:
- RDQ not at FT, moved out to 2016
PCD02: In TF
MEMDMC profile options, WCM option for DEC,
Smart Alarms: Move to Cycle 12
RDQ profile specific work: move to Cycle 12
IPEC
- Device order Management
Multi componnent admixtures: Pump roup will discuss this week, may go away
MEM: Final text – not enough vendors yet, moved to 2017
Cybersecurity/Patching Wps – underway
Point of Care:
- DPI no change. Overlatp with a proposal? Yes, likely
- Symmetric Comms:
- UML model – fairly complete, add to calendar for 2016.
- DIM editor – V1 mostly done, should be ready in 2016
Content Management
- 10101b for new terms Q4 2016
- 10101c Q2 2017
- Map IEEE to LOINC
WCM – updated TI
IPEC: Jeff R will submit updated CPs for IPEC TI. Will be several updated CPs.
- PCA Content in IPEC TI – change to pump specialization and move to 2016.
Vent Specialization in RTMMS and PCD TF Vol 3 - 2016
Coordination Efforts
- Sending PCHA records (PCC) – Can use LOINC mapping, but says SNOMED now (unlikely).
- HIMSS ONC MU standards – 11073 distant 2nd to other standards.
Quality
- IEC 60601 - 60601.1.? specific Alarm info not released yet

Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Wednesday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Introductions
Reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Reviewed & approved Agenda (10 minutes)
Reviewed and approved Oct 14 PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
Reviewed PCD Calendar and Update "PCD ftp site [[3]]"

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Oct 14 PC/TC summary approved
3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
- AAMI Showcase
In Tampa this time. No HIMSS showcase. Likely back to 10x20 display, should reduce costs a bit. Will piece together a demo. There will be more info coming.
- AP/Lab domain merger.
How active is lab? Fairly active, not sure what their current specifics are. Paul Sc – what standards are they using? Any MU used? Monroe – good questions, send them to him to ask at next week's DCC call.
- HIMSS Showcase
Family of four didn't quite work, will have 15 patients independent of each other. Will minimize overlap in vignettes. Fewer devices per vignette – allows more time for each vendor. Docents will work with vendors to discuss devices with visitors. Will help between tours as well. Reduced use cases by two, allowing more frequent tours.
Proposed having badge scanners for each vignette. Helps ID walk-ups and tours of specific vignette. Should help with lead creation.
Started discussing use cases with vendors. Vendors now can select vignettes, rather than have them assigned. They are listed on the page as well.
Prospectus on Showcase web page with levels of participation. Philip provided an overview of what vendors get for different levels. Discussed 'Leadership' level benefits.
MEMLS emphasis at HIMSS – No one has signed up yet. One vendor participated last year as location services providor. He hasn't signed up yet. We will ping him to sign up. Is the Showcase in the same place as last time? Unofficially – yes. Will provide signs to connect vendor booths with the Showcase. Hope to provide more directions, etc. to drive traffic to the Showcase. There are event spots available. Rob - Is this being communicated to our marketing people? Yes.
Why the issue of location in Vegas? They don't want to give up prime floor space for the Showcase. Much like Chicago Connectathon space. There are space constraints.
Monroe's relationship with the Showcase? Wanted someone to manage PCD interfaces with the vignettes. Will start PCD calls in November.
- Nomenclature update (Paul Schluter)
Likely 10101a approved by IEEE Dec 6. Should be available for use. Most topics for TC call. Will work with Nicholas to upload into RTMMS. Have four groups competing for the same numeric set, need to manage that process. Many codes start with 0, active ones will have non-0 to show they're active. This helps the receiver know it's an active code. Focussing on getting it approved, don't want to add anything, it could delay approval. Won't include pump info yet.
10:30 Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
Start PCD Technical Committee (TC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):



Wednesday 10:00 AM

Action(s):
Item Topic Discussion
1 TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
IHE IP Management Process
Announcements –
- Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
- TC Cochair election
Ballot currently open for John Rhoads as new cochair.

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
Review Current PCD Program:
- ACM (Monroe P)
Presentation available on F2F ftp site
Passed a number of CPs.
- Resurrected some functions redacted to acheive Final Text.
Discussion over PCD-05 resurrection. It is an option at the Connectathon. Can do ad-hoc if needed. Tests are updated for 2016. Rob – they will likely participate in 2017.
- Aligned Containment MDCs with IEEE 11073-10101a
- Some in process, not balloted yet.
- Discussion of upcoming CPs and potential impact.
Question of PRT and HL7 versions. Discussion of OBX.
-Test tool updates (John G)
Presentation on ftp site
Scope 'creeps' and become defacto e-version of the standards.
HL7 V2 tooling -
- Working with IHE int'l to help with their certification. IGAMT and TCAMT – guides constrain the standards to usable levels, reduces ambiguity. Drives user consistency, especially useful for Meaningful Use. Want to get PCD-01 into them. Once done, can work on specializations and other profiles. Hope to have it ready to demo by spring F2F.
- DIM Editor and tools
Showed updates at IEEE-HL7 meeting earlier this month. Challenge; seperating 11073 terms from others. Model robust and stable, being tested. Once model done, can build containment. Need to know the DIM a bit, but it's very powerful and useful for generating standards.
Meetings and activities coming up
Addressing Cps as they happen and TF 2, V5.
- IHE-Japan Connectathon – Asked them how the tools worked, worked well
- As they evolve, will be able to use different tool versions
- RTMMS
Updated tools. How well is IE working with the tools? It's a bit erratic, they recommend Firefox and Chrome. Working through those challenges. Dr. Swapna provided a great cross reference sheet.
11073 will include LOINC and SNOMED mappings soon. Paul Sc – concerned it may be a bit premature, suggest starting with a lighter touch. It will take a while to implement. Needs more review.
- NIST tool framework work
- Royalty free agreement with IEEE
- Tool updates
WCTP in the future? Monroe and John G to discuss.
- Discussion
CP122 update underway
IPEC – Have a lot of 0 MDC codes, How to resolve? Todd working on it. Current mechanism doesn't work, paul Sc will discuss at his session.
John demonstrated TCAMT . A process to automate test generation. Example - Paul Sherman can use the test spreadsheets and create the tests.
When will Pre-Connectathon start?
  • 1:30 > Review Current PCD Program (continued):
- RTM (Paul Schluter) Presentation is on ftp site.
10101a, and lessons learned -
Either method can be supported. Paul is looking for feedback and suggestions.
Dealing with 'junk' terms.
Q – Without ability to see what's submitted to 10101a, how to see what's submitted so we can provide input? A - IEEE instituted public review period; working group must review comments.
Q - How to get new pump term numbers? A – On RTMMS now, Todd can approve them. Likely have few junk terms.
Q MEMLS has 20+ terms, some from other areas. A – should be no problem, there's space for them.
- IPEC (Jeff R)
Not a lot going on right now. Found pumps and use cases it didn't accommodate. IPEC is driving the IEEE model. Redefining the model. Will be a CP to approve a new version. The events haven't changed much. The changes reflect pump models and content of those events. Some will end up in Vol 3. Clinical Scenario section; many changes in the Parameters. Eliminated use of 'channel', will use 'info' instead. Come too far to go back, need to know how to get them into RTMMS and the NIST tools. John G – Todd entered some new terms, is committed to get other codes assigned by EOW. Reviewed RTMMS. 92 terms, 22 without codes. This will change the DEC profile as well. Struggles with adding dose units as well. What needs to happen? Al updated Todd about the terms, need them loaded. How long to validate the terms? It depends on the field and requirements. Extensive discussion and review of terms in RTMMS.
- Whitepaper proposal - MEMDMC communication from systems to devices (EPIC/Matt Rush)
[FTP link]
Alert Management – Silence Alerts and setting alert limits.
11073 meeting a couple of years ago – seems there's been work there. Look at 11073 – 10201. prepare for feedback from Jan Wittenber. Some things to be done first. There's a lot of interest in 11073; personal health devices has done some work. Issuing commands in FIHR will create a lot of new terms. Seems a very good time to discuss it.


Decisions/Issues:


4 ___ Status/Discussion:



Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 ____________
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
** reviewed IHE IP Management Process
Review of On-going work
- ACM update (Monroe)-
- Point-of-Care Identity Management (PCIM) white paper (John R)
No major change in OBX-4, but could be EMR challenges.
John provided OBX4 overview. Discussion of official definitions versus implementation. As soon as we define the models, it will be useful for implementers, particularly on the receiver end. Epic explained how they implement OBX-4. In general, XML is like a tree, you can parse a message to find the info needed. In TF as a 'should, not a 'shall'. Epic had to code to the current framework.Enforcing document order won't eliminate OBX-4. This ensures consistency within channels. Risk of mixing semantics, but not sure it's a practical concern. Brian will discuss this with Chris (Epic). Pump model has a couple of attributes for events and alarms. Also a companion attribute that defines hierarchy position. Example – will use different OBX's for primary and secondary pump channels.
- Private Terms (Paul Schluter)
- Continue Profile Review:
DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
PIV (Al E, Paul E)
DPI (John R)
- Semi-quiescent
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Moving more into the mainstream. Some 11073 attributes not in RTMMS yet, but can be added when needed by MEMDMC. May be in the X73 tab; will need to be harmonized. May be able to use Personal Health Devices as well. Two Cps, proposals for communication to devices, this may be the best group
MEM LS (Monroe P)
- Will need to change the document to resolve an editing error. Al will submit a public comment to correct.
PCIM (John R)
- Core of the WG (Stan, Chris and Doug) did a lot. Have a good draft, hope to submit by EOY, then send for balloting. Pretty specific on format and content. John and Chris will prototype, then TI in 2017
Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
Physio monitor (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
- Done a lot of work, a lot of mappings wih positive feedback. Covered basics, breathe by breath annotation, additional parameters. Will need to take care of private terms. Advanced topics may be in 10101c.
118. Implementation Guide
- Ties to Igamt and tcamt work. Trying to implement PCD-01. Will mirror TF Vol 2, provide more focused device speciliazation guides.
136 WCM Attribute List
- Can use numeric Ids or annotated ECG. Not a compelling need to include them.Have a good way to show filters. Change to Nov 18.
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications::- :: 143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
- CLOSE
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
- HL7 V3 item to explain why a field is empty. In TF Vol 2, line 3380. Tweaked it to make a tutorial. CLOSE
  • 11:30 > Proposal Review
Communication Between Devices - DPI Working Group (Angela Merzweiler)
- Don't have ability to communicate between devices, described five use cases.
- Discussion – John R; DPI goals for some time, looks like a good project. Monroe; some profiles and TIs started on it, may need to spraed out over multiple Wgs. Some experience and expertise to help achieve. What does a device need to support? Use this approach to configure devicxes and record alerts and observations. There are a lot of pieces that exist. DPI can build on that work. Need to prioritize the tasks, then fill in the rest as time allows. Need to find resources to implement it. Part of 11073, but not main part, part of Open SDC. Stephan: Described transport specs, web services derived from HL7 specs. Glues together how the sections work. Needs implemented by devices (not HL7). Are there libraries available? Yes, two. Open SDC and OC-lib.
Workflow Profile for ordering Device Monitoring (Angela Merzweiler, Björn Bergh)
- Closes loop from order to results. (I want this device to do this thing)
- Discussion – Similar to original DEC profile, takes existing HL7 V2 infrastructure. Tailors this to a specific use case. Similar to RGB in PIV. Want to order, then take results and update the order. RAD has done similar work, can use this to build this profile.
Next steps – Evaluate proposals. Determine work needed and resources available. PC will review and determine if we'll take I forward. Will need to submit to HIMSS to determine if this is appropriate for PCD or another domain.
[FTP link]
  • Continue TC Action item review.
167. Versioning and Archiving
- ::- ACM used OID to perform this. Can add a how-to to TF next iteration CLOSE
170. Convert IPEC to EC
- Do we take it down a notch and put info in framework, and let device specific groups define as needed (IPEC becomes an example of EC)? IPEC principles can provide a base for others to build on. Close this and open another to create common EC material to go into TF. Owner of new AI – IPEC team and John R. What is the need for this material? Would be a template for other equipment types to build on.
- CP-122: ACM change to containment MDC codes and MSH-21 OID change (Monroe)
Monroe reviewed CP, found a few edits needed. Any other profiles have changed their content. Questions on why this needs a CP. Because this is in Final Text, most others are in Trial Implementation. Epic is concerned over keeping track of the changes and versioning. Doesn't see this as a big enough change to warrant versioning. This one is, this won't be a habit. Monroe will retract the CP, edit as needed and resubmit for balloting.
  • Medical Device Cybersecurity Discussion (Axel)
All this work needs to happen quickly, but in a highly regulated environment. This is a system of systems issue. Overview of prior work and current activities. Getting good feedback from Symantec customers. Limitation – only best practices for current tech, nothing for new technologies; had to update chapters while writing. September asked 'What's Next?'. Users provided a list of what they need. The workgroup needs provider members. Need a way to make this work at the hospital level. Examples: Equipment returned from repair, loaners, demo equipment – how to confirm they aren't a security issue without overloading the hospital? This typically would go to ITI, but they don't really look at device function. Life critical vs. mission critical, the variety, number of devices and device age are all more complex than IT systems.
  • Continue TC Action item review.
175 Develop a PCD UDI Witepaper for IHE
- John R – Unless someone has material changes, close this.
178 MSH-5 and Connectathon
- Retitle to MSH 3 and ACKs. Look for Jeff's email and use that an update to the TF. What to do as a gateway? The gateway is responsible for the ACK. Change date to Nov 4 and put on the TC agenda.
179. IPEC and EC documentation - CLOSE
183 CP for WCM and implementation
- Will update WCM TI rather than create a CP. Change date to Nov 18.
186 Review and reformat ftp site
- Make Cochairs owners. Change date to Dec 31
189 Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon
- Discussion on how to proceed. Could have the vendors provide, NIST loads the info, then it can tie back during Connectathon registration. John G will assemble a spreadsheet to go to CN and PC members asking them to load their info. Will try to have ready for Pre-Connectathon. Paul Sc suggests including a private company identifier. Set up for warning if not in the table, error if different than in table. Stay with OBX-18 for now. Need extra data and analysis. John will send a notice on what's needed for this Connectathon.
190 PRT Segment Use - CLOSE
191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
- Liaised, unsure what IDCO will do. Change to Dec 31.
192 FHIR Change date to Dec 31
IEEE to LOINC mapping (Paul Schluter)
- IEEE 11073 to LOINC Mapping
Very reasonable first draft of mapping exists, due to the work of Dr. Swapna Abhyankar.
600+ ‘harmonized’ Rosetta terms, incorporate dimensionality, maps (almost reversibly) to LOINC.
Recommend that mapping information be captured as a single, authenticatable file.
IEEE P11073-10104 as possible future standard, provides ANSI recognized open-consensus review and voting.
MoU between IEEE and Regenstrief ‘almost’ signed (should have been two weeks ago).
IEEE-SA is considering similar relationship with SNOMED-CT, but many things are needed to be done to make this happen.

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Friday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 General Discussion
'Status/Discussion:
reviewed IHE IP Management Process
Attendees: Al Englebert, Paul Elletson, Brian Witkowski, Tom Kowalczyk, Megan Tetlow, Olivier Coeffic, Jeff Rinda


-Pump specialization will be major focus of pump group in 2016
• LVP, PCA, Syringe


-IPEC - messages should contain information for all channels
• most important for the "start" message after infusion programmed using PIV
• consider updating IPEC profile to explicitly state this


-Extending PIV to other use cases
Multistep and Loading Dose programs
PIV can support when all program parameters are ordered and known by EMR "up front"
Paul E - determine whether there is an MDC term for "continuous" that can be used


-Proposed PIV message structure for multi-segment orders:
• loading dose or bolus followed by continuous infusion
• multi-step infusion
MSH
PID
(PV1)
ORC
{
RXG
(TQ1)
RXR (consider placing this segment before RXG so that it only appears once if HL7 supports)
OBX – indicates dose type (use existing MDC terms for loading dose, clinician dose, may need new term for “continuous or continuous rate”)
OBX – pump ID
OBX – patient height/weight/BSA
}


-Ramp/Taper
In order to support we need to know the specific parameters required by the pump.
Need to define terms for these parameters (some examples might be "target dose rate", ramp time, taper time, enumerations for "ramp" and "taper". Do we :have status elements defined?)
Vendors may handle programming differently or not support at all.


-Bolus
There are many use cases where the word bolus is commonly used
• Initial bolus (= loading dose)
• Bolus administered from bag
• Bolus administered from secondary
• Bolus according to protocol order (as needed according to patient parameter or condition)
• Bolus administered from syringe (heparin, insulin, narcotics often given this way)
Jeff will solicit comments on bolus practice, consistency within an institution, etc
Brian will solicit comments on bolus ordering (if separate order – how to “link” to an infusion in progress, how to know whether given by syringe or as :secondary/piggyback)


-Use of 5th containment level
Jeff will schedule pump group call pending Todd’s availability to review Al's email on use of the 5th containment level


-Use of reference range (OBX-7)
Al will develop a CP to optionally use the reference range (OBX-7) to contain drug library limits.


-Target-controlled infusions (TCI)
Require specialized pumps that deliver a drug to maintain a target blood concentration
More common in Europe
Issue: How to program using PIV
Vendor(s) of those pumps are not currently participating in IHE pump group, and current group members are not familiar with the programming and :operational parameters for the devices.
“Diprifusor” is a TCI device developed specifically for the administration of a single drug - propofol (Diprivan)


Decisions/Issues: See above

Action(s): See above

Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Submit updated Milestones to IHE (Mary Junger)
Update PCD's long term visionary roadmap calendar

Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC __ PCD PC&TC 2015-10-28 Webex

TC PCD TC 2015-11-04 Webex

PC PCD PC 2015-11-11 Webex