Difference between revisions of "PCD PC&TC 2015 October 20-23 F2F Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Tuesday)
(Wednesday Morning)
Line 638: Line 638:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 2
 
| align="center" | 2
| '''____________''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Monroe Pattillo''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
:-  
 
:-  
Line 653: Line 653:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
  
: - Cycle 10 -
 
:  Review Current PCD Program:
 
  
:- DEC
 
 
:- IDCO (Paul Schluter) –
 
 
:- PIV (Al E, Paul E) –
 
 
:- IPEC (Al E) –
 
 
:- WCM  –
 
 
:- OMS  –
 
 
:- RTM (Paul Schluter) –
 
  
  

Revision as of 18:50, 21 October 2015

PCD Home


Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:
- Philips Healthcare,
951 Yamato Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Suite 175W
- Meeting room
Hotel
- Springhill Suites
130 NW 8th Avenue Boca Raton FL 33487
Book at group room rate at [Hotel link]


Dates
Tuesday October 20 PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday October 21 morning: Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Wednesday October 21 afternoon through Thursday: PCD Technical Committee
Friday October 23 Pump Working Group
Daily Schedule -
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at Philips, Boca Raton, FL
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 Eastern Time each day.
08:30 - 10:15 Session #1
10:30 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:15 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4
The Friday Pump workgroup session will end by 12:30

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

78. Stakeholder Survey
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

118. Implementation Guide
136. WCM Parameter List
140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
167. Versioning and Archiving
170. Convert IPEC to EC
175. Develop a PCD UDI whitepaper for IHE
178 MSH-5 and Connectathon
179. IPEC and EC documentation
183 CP for WCM and implementation
186 Review and reformat ftp site
189 Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon
190 PRT Segment Use
191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
192 FHIR

Webex

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The HIMSS Webex page is [here]

Tuesday morning, October 20: PC: Meeting Number: 922 345 610

Tuesday afternoon, October 20: PC: Meeting Number: 927 328 705

Wednesday morning, October 21: Joint PC, TC: Meeting Number: 927 905 271

Wednesday afternoon, October 21: TC: Meeting Number: 921 745 176

Thursday morning October 22: TC: Meeting Number: 921 791 087

Thursday afternoon October 22: TC: Meeting Number: 922 601 518

Friday morning October 23: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 924 383 028

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [F2F ftp site] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Tuesday October 20, 2015

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 0900 > Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Monroe P)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
- IPEC (Al E)
- EC (John R)
- WCM (Chris C)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)


Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Tuesday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 10:30 > Continue program review
- RDQ (John R)
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry Integration Supplement(Completed)
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • 11:30 > Action item Discussion
78. Stakeholder Survey
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
Lunch 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Tuesday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 1:30 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2016 Spring F2F
  • 1:45 > Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
IHE 2016 Publication Schedule [1]


Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Tuesday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 3:15 >
  • Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC) Meeting

Wednesday October 21, 2015

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items


Wed Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC) and Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
  • 08:45 >
- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda (10 minutes)
- Review Discussion Summary Last PC & TC Meeting PC & TC October 14, 2015 PCD PC&TC 2015-10-14 Webex
  • 09:00 > HIMSS Showcase
MEMLS emphasis at HIMSS
  • 09:30 > AAMI Showcase
  • Nomenclature update (Paul Schluter
  • 09:45 > Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
- IHE IP Management Process
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • 09:50 > TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
- Intellectual Property Requirements
  • 09:55 > TC Cochair election
  • 10:00 > Review Current PCD Program:
- ACM (Monroe P)
Break 10:45 - 11:00
Wed Q2 11:00 - 12:30 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 11:00 > Test Tool update (John G)
  • 11:45 > Review Current PCD Program (Continued):
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30
Wed Q3 1:30 - 3:15 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > Review Current PCD Program (continued):
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- IPEC (Al E)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
- EC (John R)
- WCM (Ken F)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RDQ (John R)
Break 3:15 - 3:30 PM
Wed Q4 3:30 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:30 >
  • 4:15 > Whitepaper - MEMDMC communication from systems to devices (EPIC/Matt Rush)
[FTP link]


Thursday October 22, 2015

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 9:45 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
Continue Profile Review:
- DPI (John R)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)

[TC Action item] review

118. Implementation Guide
140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
167. Versioning and Archiving
170. Convert IPEC to EC
178 MSH-5 and Connectathon
179. IPEC and EC documentation
Break 09:45 - 10:00 AM
Thursday Q2 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 10:00 > Continue TC Action item review
183 CP for WCM and implementation
186 Review and reformat ftp site
189 Identify unique identifiers before the Connectathon
190 PRT Segment Use
191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication
192 FHIR
  • 11:00 > ACM change to containment MDC codes and MSH-21 OID change (Monroe)
  • 11:30 > Proposal Review
Communication Between Devices - DPI Working Group
Workflow Profile
[FTP link]
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > Security Discussion (Axel)
  • 2:30 > Proposal Review
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > IEEE to LOINC mapping (Paul Schluter)
  • 4:00 > F2F Action Item Review (from this week)
  • 4:30 > TC + Meeting Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


Friday October 24, 2015 (Pump Workgroup)

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Friday Q1 08:30 - 12:00 Pump workgroup
  • AGENDA TOPICS
  • Pump model - discuss and determine best option for channels and containment
  • IPEC - determine changes needed based on revised pump model
  • 12:00 > Meeting Adjournment
Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Webex Support

Webex will likely be available for those who could not attend in person. The links will be provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Participants

Tuesday, October 20

On Site:


Remote:


Wednesday, October 21

On Site:


Remote:



Thursday, October 22

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Tuesday

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Monroe reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Monroe P)
Updates in PP file on ftp site
(Monroe has slides for all 3)
- MEMDMC
Updates in PP file on ftp site
- MEMLS
Updates in PP file on ftp site
Discussion on encouraging further vendor participation. How to encourage them to join MEMLS? Approach hospitals to pressure them, medical device vendors when deploying, Examined DARPA work as well (Inertial guidance if GPS not available) – useful for home care.
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
Very slight evolution, no substantial change. A couple of explanatory pieces in the TF update.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
Extension for 10103a submitted, should be approved. Extensions on items not already addressed. Making progress. Plan on January 2017 Connectathon participation. Concern over costs in attending the Connectathon.
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
Not much new. Some TF updates.
- IPEC (Al E)
Worked on pump model, finalizing with proposed CP. Mostly it's a TI implementation, just need TC review, then send to Mary so she can publish for public review.
- EC (John R)
IPEC working well. Other possible is MEMDMC. Unsure if this needs a general profile or keep it within specific profiles. Monroe – there is some commonality, may be good to have design goals and guidance for all to use. Jeff R - Question on how all profiles combine. Could use a guide for new participants.
- WCM (paul Sc)
Know what the updates are, need to write them up. Right now it's adhoc strings. Some Cps are out, just need to write them up. Would be good to have MDC/REFID to outline them. How granular? Stream or Static. Two formats currently. Continuous wasn't originally indicated; hadn't looked at it yet. Discussion of transition between static and dynamic (snippet and continuous).
- OMS (Ken F)
published a white paper a while back, not much activity. In China – most devices are RS-232 serial. If they start implementing HL7, this will be useful.
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
Several related items. Standards – ACM code hiccup, delayed approval. Should be approved Dec 5, published Dec 9, to NIST Dec 10. Different Word fonts make it interesting; formatting to make the document clean and open in HTML. Should be ready for downloading. Hope to have ready for Pre-CN for trial work and fully ready for CN.(gone 9:57 – 10:10).
- Polysomnography
Monroe discussed Polysomnography in IHE Brazil. Challenge – need a mechanism to 'package' individual equipment info into a single report. If we can get a sample report to build from, that would help.
- RDQ (John R)
Quiescent. Asks for past data dump. Well documented and available, but few want to use it. Not sure when it will be implememted. ACM used to have their own, extracted it and recommend using RDQ. Paul Sh – one company registered for RDQ at Connectathon, CardioPulmonary Corp. This may be superseded by something based on FIHR.
- DPI (John R)
Work sporadic, sharing with automating device info model. Proposal sent touches on several areas, including DPI.
- PCIM (John R)
Creating a WP to aid implementation. Any vendors creating material? Yes, Epic, Philips and others are working on that.
- Pulse Ox
Need resources to take this further
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
Discuss profile enhancements later this week. Work group meets Friday morning
- Physio monitor (John R)
Basic Vol 3 content specification available. Todd is considering adding to it, but doesn't have resources to do it now.
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
10101a has 50 pages in it, will expand in 10101b. Message content good, will add additional terms as vendors request. Will include events in 10101c.
- Certification (John G)
Just had CASC meeting. They've ID'd some PCD profiles to work on. They're trying to ID what other tasks are needed to comply ISO standard. Charles asked if there are scenarios we would test to around Connectathon time. Quickly developing, a big effort under IHE Intl. The focus is on the end user side. Monroe provided some certification background. Testing rigor is there. This group wants to focus on mature profiles. Discussed certification process. Can we improve Connectathon testing to provide this info to customers? Yes, but it will take a lot of work. Key is to define specializations in Vol 3. Can develop test plans to define scenarios, then add specializations.
  • 11:30 > Action item Discussion
- 78. Stakeholder Survey
Associated with AAMI representation. Not active yet. Will close and open a new one for ECRI. Juuso will check with ECRI staff to see if they're willing to do a survey with their customers.
- 140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
Close until it resurrects with Joint Commision analysis of Alarm fatigue. Start a new Action Action for this.
- 157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
Resource availability limited ability to update so far. Jeff R willing to look at the pump part and Rob will look into the ACM part. Change date to Nov 11.
  • 12:00 > Use of 11073 terms in HL7. (Epic) –
Discussed at IEEE/HL7 meetings. Most of our terms will be used in Rosetta without formal acceptance. Not as solid as we would like it, but it's usable. Numeric codes and REFIDs are freely available. Yes, but it's better too include IEEE terms as well.
  • 1:30 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2016 Spring F2F
West Health instiitute
Likely 2nd week of April, paul will confirm and provide to the Committees
- Review Connectathon milestone dates
- Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
- IHE 2016 Publication Schedule [2]
Long term Roadmap [Roadmap ftp link]
- Cycle 11
Architecture: We use 2.6, moving to 2.8 and 2.8.2 (UDI, PCM uses it)
DEC:
- RDQ not at FT, moved out to 2016
PCD02: In TF
MEMDMC profile options, WCM option for DEC,
Smart Alarms: Move to Cycle 12
RDQ profile specific work: move to Cycle 12
IPEC
- Device order Management
Multi componnent admixtures: Pump roup will discuss this week, may go away
MEM: Final text – not enough vendors yet, moved to 2017
Cybersecurity/Patching Wps – underway
Point of Care:
- DPI no change. Overlatp with a proposal? Yes, likely
- Symmetric Comms:
- UML model – fairly complete, add to calendar for 2016.
- DIM editor – V1 mostly done, should be ready in 2016
Content Management
- 10101b for new terms Q4 2016
- 10101c Q2 2017
- Map IEEE to LOINC
WCM – updated TI
IPEC: Jeff R will submit updated CPs for IPEC TI. Will be several updated CPs.
- PCA Content in IPEC TI – change to pump specialization and move to 2016.
Vent Specialization in RTMMS and PCD TF Vol 3 - 2016
Coordination Efforts
- Sending PCHA records (PCC) – Can use LOINC mapping, but says SNOMED now (unlikely).
- HIMSS ONC MU standards – 11073 distant 2nd to other standards.
Quality
- IEC 60601 - 60601.1.? specific Alarm info not released yet

Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Morning

Placeholder

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Introductions
** reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Reviewed & approved Agenda (10 minutes)
Reviewed and approved Oct 14 PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
Reviewed PCD Calendar and Update "PCD ftp site [[3]]"

Action(s):

2 Monroe Pattillo
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:



Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Afternoon

Placeholder

Action(s):
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Begin Technical Committee Meeting

- > IHE IP Management Process
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Jeff McGeath)


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 ____________
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
** reviewed IHE IP Management Process
Review of On-going work
- ACM update (Monroe)-
- WCM –
- OMS –
- RTMMS –
- MEM DMC (Monroe P) and MEM LS (Monroe P)
  • 10:00 >
  • 2:00 > Security Update (Axel Wirth)

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Friday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 ____________
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
** reviewed IHE IP Management Process
Review of On-going work


  • 10:00 >


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):



Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Submit updated Milestones to IHE (Mary Junger)
Update PCD's long term visionary roadmap calendar

Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC __ PCD PC&TC 2015-10-28 Webex

TC PCD TC 2015-11-04 Webex

PC PCD PC 2015-11-11 Webex