PCD PC&TC 2014 April 1-4 F2F

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 09:04, 1 April 2015 by PaulSherman (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

Placeholder

Please Note: The Pump WG Meets March 31. The agenda and summary are provided within this F2F Wiki page

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.

Location & General Schedule

Meeting Location
HIMSS Center for Interoperability within the Global Center for Health Innovation located across the street from the Marriott.
Hotel information:
Cleveland Marriott Downtown Key Center, 127 Public Sq. Cleveland Ohio 44114 • 1-216-696-9200
Special rate available until March 17. Please see emails for hotel reservation instructions.
Dates
Pump WG meets Monday, March 31
Planning Committee meets Tuesday, April 1 and jointly with the Technical Committee Wednesday morning.
Technical Committee meets jointly with the Planning Committee Wednesday morning and continues through Friday, April 4.
Daily Schedule - Placeholder
08:00 - 08:30
Meetings will start promptly at 08:30 Eastern Monday through Friday.
08:30 - 10:30 Session #1
11:00 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:00 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4
Friday the meetings will end close to noon

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

Pump WG:


From Fall 2013 F2F:


From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

71. Recruit Clinicians
78. Stakeholder Survey
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
145. Improve FTP Site
152. Conformance testing at hospitals

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

82. PCD OIDs & URNs (Also see # 153)
93. Managing Document Versions
109. Messages Without Patient Demographics
110. WCM Attributes
117. IDCO Time Stamp WP
118. Implementation Guide
136. WCM Parameter List
140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
141. Create Matrix Matching Profiles to Standards
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
147. Edit IPEC
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
152. Improve FTP Site
153. OID Concept Definition (Also see #82)
157. POI Issues
158. POI CPs
159. POI Rosetta Terms
160. CPs from F2F: Discuss and Ballot
161. Connectathon Loss of Connectivity Test
162. Data Capture Indicator
163. Error Codes
164. Increase Testing Rigor
165. Traceability of NIST test tool and the TF/Profile
166. Enhancing Pre-Connectathon Testing
167. Versioning and Archiving
168. Documentation and Testing of Additional Risks
169. Improving Integration Statements
170. Convert IPEC to EC
171. Put list of workgroup leaders on PCD wiki
172. Update Domain CoChair Committee 2014 calendar
173. Stakeholder Survey
174. POI code validation
175. Develop a PCD UDI whitepaper for IHE
176. FHIR device profile
177. Location Services trial implementation
178. MSH-5 and Connectathon
179. IPEC and EC documentation

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/FaceToFaceMeetings/2014-April-Cleveland-F2F/ unless otherwise noted in the summary. Documents are available without a password.

PCD Schedule/Deadline Information: http://tinyurl.com/PCD-Publication-Deadlines, Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Monday - Pump Workgroup

Date Hours Committees Topics
Monday Morning

2014-03-31

08:30 - 12:30 Pump workgroup
  • AGENDA TOPICS
- Pump model and terminology update (Todd)
- 11073-10101a Pump terminology content review and finalization (Todd)
- Terminology - new terms needed for enteral "doses" (Al)
- Terminology - new terms needed for PCA programming (Jeff)
- Insulin pump "schedule" (recipe) object proposal for DIM (Todd)
- IHE Pharmacy workgroup coordination (Todd)
- PIV – CP for PCA support (Jeff)
- PIV – status of HL7 and PCD CP’s for rate change/titration in v2.9; updating profiles to v2.9 (Jeff)
- PIV – Better definition of volume elements and their usage; consider new field for total volume (Jeff, Brian)
- PIV - Better definition of relationship between TQ1 and RXG; is CP needed? (Jeff)
- TF Updates - Vol 2 Appendix E2 and Vol 3 need to be updated (Jeff)
- DEC/IPEC - Need for active channel identifier (Brian)
- DEC/IPEC - CP for OBX-4 Clarification - add language to provide clarity on containment (Todd/Brian)
- DEC/IPEC - Clarify volume reporting for LVP for clinician dose and loading dose (Al)
- DEC/IPEC - PCA device reporting (Group)
- IPEC - usage of "auto program cancelled" event (Al)
  • 12:30 > Lunch
Monday Afternoon

2014-03-31

13:30 - 17:00 Pump workgroup
  • Continue discussions
  • Review of action items
  • Wrap-up


Tuesday April 1, 2014

Quarter Hours Lead Agenda Items
Tuesday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 8:30 > Introduction (PC Cochairs, Monroe Pattillo, Greg Staudenmaier)
- Greeting & Introductions (15 minutes)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (10 minutes)
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
- Review Discussion Summary Last PC Meeting
- PC&TC Mar 26, 2014 PCD PC&TC 2014-03-26 Webex
  • 9:15 > Review Current PCD Program
- ACM (Monroe P)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
- IPEC (Al E)
- EC (Todd Coop/John R)
- WCM (Ken F)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- RDQ (John R)
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- FHIR (Todd C)
Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Tuesday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 10:30 > Specializations (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- Pulse Oximetry (Detailed as Ioana will not be at TC) (Ioana S)
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • 11:15 > Integration Statement (Monroe P)
- Address Questions posed (Steve Merritt via WebEx)
- Supplement IS's to align with what's commercially available
- Proposal to link to product list? (E.g., list Manny maintains for PCD)
  • 11:30 > Commercial Products (Manny F)
  • 11:45 > Certified Products (Vinny)
- ICSA Report Out
  • 12:00 > AAMI Exhibit hall demo status/update (Manny F)
Lunch 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Tuesday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 1:30 > Cycle 9 Workitems
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- FHIR (Todd C)
  • 2:30 > Review PC action items (Monroe P, Greg S.)
  • 2:55 > PC Co-chair elections (Monroe, Greg)
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Tuesday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 3:15 > ACM and The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal 60101 (Paul Schluter/Monroe)
  • 4:00 > Cycle 10 Work Items (Monroe P)
- Do we need an Alarm Consumer Actor (New)? (Jeff M.)
- Reporting of device alert status (list of active alerts) per ISO/IEEE 11073-10201 (Ken F.)
- Parking Lot Item Review (Monroe, Greg S.)

Wednesday April 2, 2014

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items


Wed Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM Joint PCD Planning and

Technical Committees (PC/TC)

  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 08:45 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2014 Fall F2F
  • 09:00 > Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
  • 09:15 > Review PCD Calendar and Update
- visionary stuff
Break 10:15 - 10:30
Wed Q2 10:30 - 12:30 Joint PCD Planning and

Technical Committees (PC/TC)

  • 10:30 > Center for Medical Interoperability Update (Todd C, Ken Fuchs)
  • 11:00 > HIMSS Update (Alex Lippitt)
- 10:30 > Standards coordination/Continua - overview (Paul Schluter)
- HIMSS/Continua (Paul Schluter)
  • 12:00 > FDA Project for Device Status Reporting during Emergencies (Fuchs/Rhoads)
  • 12:30 > Adjourn Planning Committee
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30
Wed Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • 1:40 > TC Welcome and Agenda Review (John Garguilo, Jeff McGeath)
- Incoming TC CoChair nominations (Garguilo term complete 1 Sept 2014)
- Intellectual Property Requirements
  • 1:45 > VHA Update (Greg S, Ioana S)
  • 2:15> Mapping Consistent Time to other environments (Paul Schluter)


Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Wed Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > 2015 NA Connectathon (PCD activities) (Paul Sherman)
- IHE Europe (General Discussion - Growing Interest to do PCD Connectathon)
  • 4:00 > Break for tour of HIMSS Center for interoperability

Thursday April 3, 2014

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 8:30 > FDA UDI and how to integrate into PCD messages (John R/Monroe)
  • 9:00 > Review of ongoing work
  • ACM next steps (Monroe)
- Alerts and Events worksheets (Monroe P)
  • RDQ (? John Z.)
  • Pulse Oximetry (Ioana, updated on Wednesday)
  • WCM (Ken F)
  • OMS (Ken F)


Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Thursday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 10:30 > Review of On-going work (continued)
  • RTM / RTMMS (Process for standards submission) (Paul Schluter)
  • MEM DMC (Profile, call for sample messages) (Monroe P)
  • MEM LS (Profile. call for sample messages) (Monroe P)
  • 11:45 > EUI-64 Identifier Review (Rhoads)
- Registering /Requiring all Connectathon Participants? (All)


Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > FHIR white paper review (Todd C + C4MI)
  • 2:15 > PCIM glossary Discussion (John R, Doug Pratt)
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > Cycle 9 - New CPs (All/WebEx Attendees)
  • 4:45 > OIDs (New for MEM-LS/DMC)
  • 4:50> Document Source Control? PCD vs. IHE Domain Issue? (Jeff McGeath)
- Profile revisioning
- Viable Options for Source Control (e.g., GitHub, SourceForge, Subversion)
- Proposed/Example System (John R)
  • Versioning – Profiles and transactions


Friday April 4, 2014

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Friday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 8:35 > Profile Migration beyond HL7 2.6 (Monroe + WG Leads)
  • 8:50 > RTM Discussion (Paul Schluter)
- MCDX, MDC Codes
- Process for new codes
- E.g., IHE usage prior to IEEE formal adoption
- Dick Moberg (Moberg Research, Inc.) Brain Activity Work
  • 9:30> Sidney Brown (Manager in the IT Clinical Interfaces and Integration department at the Cleveland Clinic) to meet with the IHE PCD
  • 10:00 > Messages without patient demographics (John R)
Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Friday Q2 10:30 - 12:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 10:30 > Improve IHE sites (WWW, Wiki, FTP) (P. Sherman, Manny, Co-Chairs)
  • 11:15 > F2F Action Item Review (from this week)
  • 12:00 > TC + Meeting Adjournment (Garguilo, McGeath)
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 Manny Furst
  • Box Lunch (if sufficient number of participants on site)
Friday Q3 1:00 - 3:00 PM Working Groups
Separate WG Meetings if needed


Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Webex Support

Webex will be available for those who could not attend in person. The links are provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

All F2F Webex Meetings

To join the audio conference please enter the Webex before calling in order to tie your name to your presence in the meeting; please add your organization in parentheses after your name.
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300

PCD Pump WG Monday Morning

Topic: PCD Pump F2F March 21, 2014 am
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014
Time: 8:15 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 928 258 496
1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=mbef5d8ad70fb4994ec29bc5b8672d2ec
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: PCDmeet1
4. Click "Join".

To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m34d7d0658cb671a591f89d1a3aaad4b0


PCD Pump WG Monday Afternoon

Topic: PCD Pump F2F March 31, 2014 pm
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014
Time: sometime after noon, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 920 956 798
1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=mae64709aa2ee5e37cd40704b4cdb8d26
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: PCDmeet1
4. Click "Join".

To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m3d8a740ed2770d180fad90547847f11f


PCD F2F Tuesday Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 1 Morning
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 322 656

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!):

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=himss&service=1
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:

https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297787&UID=1696226607&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=9ExBG1fFvvGOTRnX/4AaIN5VPUpVr1rOWxYvkjdg1io=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Tuesday Afternoon

Topic: PCD F2F April 1 Afternoon
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 322 656

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297857&UID=1696226862&PW=NZjVjNTExYjhh&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297857&UID=1696226862&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=iAbvFhu8FEftragpALxGE3JNgUYFk6KNiFHGxc-O4qw=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Wednesday Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 2 Morning
LDate: Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 925 288 207

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&PW=NNzdkMjlkMzJl&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297917&UID=1696227262&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=sxQtUdOXXJUWFBivj2Z7hMVWiQJxglzow6ICTgbLrJU=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Wednesday April 2 Afternoon

Topic: PCD F2F April 2 Afternoon
Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 925 288 207

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&PW=NNzdkMjlkMzJl&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297977&UID=1696227472&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=ZjBC812l4-NVxIsFARrgeuFSBSx2kbsx61LQRBZsJio=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Thursday April 3 Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 3 Morning
Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 947 686

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299372&UID=1696246617&PW=NYjI1NWU0Zjk4&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299372&UID=1696246617&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=8v2bk3fKsNvjcaliaqBjiZzm128wGjHlqkDm6VQbaSs=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Thursday April 3 Afternoon - - REVISED 4/2/14

Topic: PCD F2F Thursday April 3 Afternoon
Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 924 475 547
Meeting Password: PCDmeet1

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m65129c8983a973722442ba1cda8a54f8
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: PCDmeet1
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:

https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m82027ef218c14012087ea70aa65acc0f

PCD F2F Friday April 4 Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 4 Morning
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 052 999

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=mbcd8c3cb18afdaeba94fd6dfbdf2c815
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299522&UID=1696247237&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=oC56WWYienDekqlaGBwpxwQpnFSmJPs0oJnzYvSK4Eg=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Friday April 4 Afternoon (the F2F ends approximately noon; the afternoon is added only if a specific purpose arises)

Topic: PCD F2F April 4 Afternoon
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 052 999

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&PW=NNzdkMjlkMzJl&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=8QybluFPb59KpPbzDwXCDjsM0v-/2XG8d1UJJMFZgHc=&RT=MiM3

Participants

Pump WG Meeting Monday

Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Doug Pratt, JohnRhoads, Vinny Sakore


PC Tuesday

On Site:

Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Ken Fuchs, Manny Furst, John Garguillo, Jon Lachman, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Patillo, Doug Pratt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudemaier, Rob Wilder

Remote:

Chris Courville, Bob Gold, Tom Kowalczyk, Steve Merrit, Joel Norton, Rob Olabode, Stan Wiley

Joint PC, TC Wednesday Morning

Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Ken Fuchs, Manny Furst, John Garguillo, Jon Lachman, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Patillo, Doug Pratt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudemaier, Rob Wilder

Remote:

Josh Abel, Chris Courville, Bob Gold, Tom Kowalczyk, Joel Norton, Jan Wittenbar

TC Wednesday Afternoon

On-Site:

Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Manny Furst, John Garguillo, Jon Lachman, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Patillo, Doug Pratt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudemaier, Rob Wilder

Remote:

Chris Courville, Janek Schuman

TC Thursday

TC Meeting:

On-Site:

Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Manny Furst, John Garguillo, Ken Fuchs, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Patillo, Doug Pratt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder

Remote:

Casey Chester, Chris Courville, Tom Kowalczyk, Stan Wiley

TC Friday

TC Meeting:

On-Site:

Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Manny Furst, John Garguillo, Ken Fuchs, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Patillo, Doug Pratt, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder

Remote:

Sidney Brown, Chris Courville, Nicilas Crouzie, Albert Edwards, Al Englebert, Doug Pratt

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

The F2F ftp site has the presentations provided at the meetings. That link is: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/FaceToFaceMeetings/2014-April-Cleveland-F2F/

Tuesday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted: PC/TC Webex minutes


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:

PCD F2F Tuesday April 1, 2014 Introductions

- Those present introduced themselves
- Monroe reviewed the agenda for the PC and Joint PC/TC portion of the meetings.
- Monroe led discussion of the IHE IP policy.

Profile status

- ACM (Monroe P)
- Now in tf, putting together list of alerts/events, to submit to IEEE and messages
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- Some tech issues, cr's related to wx4, want opinions on how to include attributes.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- Making progress, lot of change in group, series of tcons with heart rhythm society. Happy with 1st version of vocabulary. Working on 2nd list of extensions. Sorting priorities with new group. Cda document that records pacer info. Many companies build monitoring systems, coming together well. Todd:- mkt uptake?. Doesn't have numbers Heart rhythm society meets in may, willo have some more info then.
- PIV (Jeff R, Paul E) and IPEC (Al E)
- Refining terminology, very close. Two CPs, one resubmission that needed HL7 adjustment. One to enhance Pt interaction. Paul Sc - Will terms be ready for 10101a? Yes. Calorie was a challenge – many different definitions. Concern that Rosetta has IU terms only, and not all use IUs – will need some work. Clinical use is very fuzzy.
- EC (Todd Coop/John R)
- Question – what do we want to do with events not specific to IPEC? Looking at options, see if IPEC becomes more generic and merge both, splitting pump specific detail out. Will proceed in parallel and harmonize later. Vol 2 will reuse some transactions. Not quite ready yet. Pieces have been tested, could rearrange and pull together IPEC into final text. Monroe – ACM may be able to use EC for comms. Can we get it done for trial impl this cycle? Mostly a resource issue. Some discussion of options.
- WCM (Ken F)
- Static right now, demonstraton at CN with Epic. Hoping will have more participants at next CN. Some interest in ACM, but need more participants. Potential AC interest. Interest from AR's? Demo'd but not official, capability seems available. Paul Sc suggested having an AR with /WCM for NIST testing.
- OMS (Ken F)
- Mary sent a response – she will address it
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Focus on 10101a ballot draft out door, publishing changes to a 10101a. Paper draft circulated, 2 sections still to complete. Working on Vent terms – comparing that groups work with IEEE terms to map, clinical rather than equipment terms. Will be informal. Have a comparison – 90 terms overlap, about 12 have some questions. Do that while pump group finishing there work. Next – compiling list of alert and event terms, then vent mode and advanced terms and commands. Tod – fairly successful at working with IHTSDO folks (need letters). Best way to use it going forward and personal device info. Want NIST to support mapping. Alerts and events may need some work.
- RDQ (John R)
- Out there and specified to implement. No one has stepped up to implement yet. If Joint Commision wants to track Alerts, this could be a good tool to implement. Could be a good FHIR option.
- DPI (John R)
- Moving along, have a lot of activity focused on 11073. Drager presented using web services. Working through adding web capabilities and MDPnP. Trying to select best options to move forward. Meeting in Phoenix to agree or disagree and move forward. Unsure if MDPnp will be an IEEE or other standard. John G – working on updated DIM model from 11073, focus on getting DIM into new model. Tool vision – a set of 11073 tools to build profiles and a tree implementation.
- PCIM (John R) slides draft glossary
- Moving along, recognizing help from Stan, Doug and Chris Courville have helped a lot. Stay tuned for near future excitement. TI exists and is in a working state. Any formal testing in January? Hopeful and possible. Todd – may be a FHIR option for this, would like info to tie them together.Woud other domains benefit? Probably, but need this complete 1st.
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Moving along, have baseline for TI, working on example messages. Working on OIDS, should see ballot soon. Ken have an item tying with Emergency Preparedness – will discuss Wed AM
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- Mostly ready, should prepped for balloting this week.
- FHIR (Todd C)
-Have a detailed proposal for white paper identifying status and how to leverage in PCD. Have a review Thurs PM to ensure content answers questions. Proposing a number of additions to support alert comms and device comms. Target: Publish document by June, would then set up work in fall. FHIR tech white paper is on DCC list, mostly for PCD, but little out there has a device focus. Awareness of ACM attributes? Yes, will be conformant with 121, ACM and IEC 60601-a.

Specializations

- Pulse Oximetry (Detailed as Ioana will not be at TC) (Ioana S)
- Looking at terminology. Tried to get vendor feedback. Have some codes and mappings to loinc. Rosetta terms aren't all relevant to pulse ox. CAP spo2 used, but others use arterial. Some vendors want signal in their message – no reference in LOINC. Haven't heard a lot of vendor interest. Resp rate is method neutral. Several ways to do resp rate (15). Vendors aren't sending body site with measurements, likely expect it to be added in EMR. Don't plan changes, except to add a table of body sites. Discussion of terms on breaths per minute, labels vs. codes. Will need a CP to implement, get it to the TI for POI and work it out from their. Plans to get it into the Tech framework? Yes – the WG needs to propose it and update the Technical Framework. Start with current Trial Implementation form and go from there (it's on the IHE Wiki). Certification would like to work on it as well, but it needs to be in the TF first. Needs to know that timeline (probably due in May). Discussion of process and next steps to prepare it for submission. LOINC requires perfect matches
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Couple of CPs - Rate change on running infusion, PCA programming and consistent channel numbering during infusion. Consistent channel CP is applied to obx-4, it's general, not pump specific.
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Not much recent activity, awaiting resources to work on.
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
- Lost about 1/3 year on sidestream measurements. Broken vents down into workable portions. Trying to capture as a machine readable document. Hi level question on Word vs. measurable activities. Need to provide a document to move it up the ladder. Will continue fleshing this out. Intent of relationship between vol 3 and documents.

Integration Statement (Monroe P)

- Emphasis on awareness and where it fits. A statement of commitment, no hard obligation to verify/certify.
- Address Questions posed (Steve Merritt via WebEx)
o Supplement IS's to align with what's commercially available
o Proposal to link to product list? (E.g., list Manny maintains for PCD)
- Missing component – commercially available statement from a purchaser perspective. Will be important for purchase what is really available. Integration not really useful for purchaser. The CA list has been reviewed to be actual or near term available. Certification closer yet. User don't really have enough to go on directly yet. Conformance testing not as robust as certification. Need to put certification more on roadmap. Cert has a ways to go, has some verifiable versioning to implement. May be able to update PCD 'cookbook' to help purchasers. Even certified isn't necessarily purchasable. Gap in messaging from IHE to purchasing community – nothing available to determine if he can actually buy the device. Suggest to DCC that each domain maintain CA list. Would be easier to keep up. Barrier to certification group requiring commercial availability. Huge difference between what can be certified and demo'd versus what is truly commercially available. Update cookbook and share across domains and DCC?
- Action item: Ask Vinny about certification vs commercial availability and survey commercially available list to see what is truly available. (Manny)
- FDA interoperability list Todd submitted to IHE, a reasonable chance of including it.
- IHE list – Four columns: Integration Statement, Connectathon, Certified, Available to Purchase.
- Possibility for Interoperability Center – have a test center to verify connectability.


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Tuesday Afternoon

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:

Intellectual Property: - Monroe verified that those present were familiar with IHE policy.

AAMI Exhibit hall demo -

- Overview of what all is going on, using fewer big monitors vs. 12 small ones.
- Step visitors through process.
- Step through sample processes for a profile every 3-5 minutes.
- Make it more inviting.
- 12 participating companies, 50 foot booth, paid marketing assistance. Please send infrastructure and staff registration needs to Manny this week. A number of sessions indirectly related, plus one specific PCD session. Take a look at the floor layout for next year options. Will have live RFID demo this year. Let manny know if you're interested next year.
- Discussion of HIMSS showcase. Recommend placing it more central in the showcase. More space behind the walls.

Review Cycle 9 Work Items

- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Lot of detail, trial implementation, ballot will be ready this week. Profile – new actor (CMMS), free to add equipment info to the profile. New kind of consumer (not EMR). Events similar phase to ACM (pump issues for example), hope to re-use attributes.
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
-New source actor and triggers. Embedded RTLS device, can use MEM LS. Need to include more text so people know how to use it properly for different location formats (GPS cartographic, etc.).

Review PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

71. Recruit Clinicians
- What can be done to better involve clinicians? Have approached AAMI and HIMSS.
- Discussion of current HIMSS and AAMI conference activities. Suggest converting to standing agenda item and closing. Add HIMSS, AAMI and periodical to PC agendas and close out. Discussion of reaching to purchasing agents. CLOSED
78. Stakeholder Survey
- No new info from Barrett. Manny will ask Crystal what next step is.
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
- Monroe will ping Rikin again
145. Improve FTP Site
- Unsure of rationale for layout. Recommend archiving many older items. Challenge is that the wiki references many of the items. It fits a topic for Thursday afternoon. Likely to roll this into source control work, and will consider PCD independent of PCC direction. Date to be determined.
152. Incoming Inspection at hospitals
- Some interest, no resources assigned. Discuss with Alex Lippitt about using HIMSS Innovation Center to do something like this. Change title to “Incoming Inspection”
153 – CLOSE
155 – Paul will contact Ken Korba again
157 – Include certification and its gaps, move out two weeks.

Infusion pumps

- Extensive discussion of pump variance and how to fit them into the PIV profiles.

VA participation in Connectathon and Showcase:

- Challenge with funding to participate. Would like to join, but funding won't happen. Travel, etc. should be OK, but can't pay admission. Really want to provide VistA for testing.

ACM and The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal 06.01.01 (Paul Schluter/Monroe)

Overview of JC NPSG. Phase 1 - ACM work could be useful to help hospitals comply, all essential items of the requirements are in ACM. ACM could also be used for critical patient results. What info do we need to provide to algorithm developers. OBX hierarchy can help combine different parameters to reduce un-needed alarms. Discussion of possible methods to share this information with others. Contact ECRI to suggest this as a solution. Incumbent upon us to reply to and/or pass on articles that could use PCD awareness.

Cycle 10 Work Items (Monroe P)

- Do we need an Alarm Consumer Actor (New)? (Jeff M.)
- Discussion came up recently. Three currently, AR, AM and AC. Propose adding Alert receiver between AR and/AM or independently off AR without sending info to others (ie: data mining). Most appropriate may have receiver be a communicator. Why named Receiver than Consumer? Discussion of where in flow (between AR and AM or to the side?). Make sure definition states clearly it's not taking on AM or AC roles. Discussion comparing this with Alarm Archiver. May be better coming from AM rather than AR. Implentation depends upon actor's goals. Discussion comparing this to DEC models and other possibilities. After discussion, participants agreed it would need a CP to implement. Will come up at next ACM WG meeting.
-Reporting device alert status (list of active alerts per ISO/IEEE 11073-10201). (Ken F/Todd C)
Discussion of how to manage these alerts. Not one source/one destination issue, could create a lot of extra traffic. Is it better as an option or a requirement? Would this be a PCD-04 with multiple conditions (not allowed), or multiple PCD-04s? If goal is to implement quickly and widely, suggest using as PCD-04. If as a list, will need to implement around PCD-04. There will be an ACM WG session on this.

Parking Lot Item Review (Monroe, Greg S.)

From Cycle 9 Proposal page
- (DPI-SYM) DPI/Symmetric Communication
- Device Specialization - Electrosurgical Unit (ESU)
- Device Specialization - Hearing Screening Device Profile
Can be removed
Remote Viewing of Real-Time ECG (IHE-J & IHE-K proposal)
Haven't heard anything recently.
- Cross Enterprise TeleHomeMonitoring Workflow Definition (XTHM-WD)
John G. - Generally outside of scope, mostly relevant to ITI. Remove from parking lot.
Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper
-Impetus - Can we take an IHE wide look at a clinical issues. Latest DCC encouraged cross domain communications. Todd will bring up at next Strategic Planning meeting.
- Across Enterprise ACM
Word was sent via DCC that it is now 'Alert' and can be used by other domains. Applied it to supply management for an example. Still being promoted.
White Paper - Parking Lot (from past cycles)
Regulatory Considerations
- Todd and Ken will discuss during their session tomorrow.
V&V & IHE: Medical Device Testing in a HIT World **
- Remove from list
(RCT) Really Consistent Time (Brief Proposal, moved from past cycles parking lot)
Paul Sc has ideas, awaiting resources. John G has a white paper from NIST on it.

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Joint PC and TC

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


Location, Dates of the PCD 2014 Fall F2F

Boca Raton proposed
Dates – October, exact dates to be determined. Oct 13, 20 most likely

Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon

PCD Key Dates (Cycle 9)
May 26 – submit new supplements for ballot
On schedule for MEM-DMS and LS
CPs need to be submitted by April 9, TC will discuss this week.

IHE 2014 Publication Schedule [2]

- Need to provide a link to the long term roadmap (in ftp website)

Review PCD Calendar and Update

- Visionary stuff
Discussion of cycle length – development spans three years.
Architecture – HL7 versioning; 2.9 has just been balloted, could still be target, will carry to 2015.
MDISS – Reviewed Axel's report
Expand ACM into PCD and IHE overall, add MEM DMC and LS messaging
Added content module for infant hearing screening, SPO2 and Vital Signs monitors
Rolled some device data into single group
Device control – not much participation, kept and extended. Jan – check on ICE PAC's work in this area.

Center for Medical Interoperability Update (Todd C, Ken Fuchs)

Overview of issue and highlighted an example
Why C4MI formed – not just a technical solution, focused on US healthcare. Not part of West Health. Meeting with standards and government groups. Neutral, standards based, testing and certification, trust based.
Overview of path (as a pyramid). Derived from IEC 80001-1
Focused on life cycle
Areas of technical focus. Connected > Interoperable > Trusted
Overview of specific activitiies
Medical grade wireless – building infrastructure guidelines, working with BIXCI. Not just wi-fi. FDA very interested.

HIMSS Update (Alex Lippitt)

- Virtual/projectathon certification testing program requirements – FY15, Innovation ctr will take on more, IHE will mostly move to Cleveland. IHE int'l – need input. Showed proposed timeline. Working with ONC. Path forward - Federated HPD (Healthcare Provider Directory). Hope to be a home for C4MI testing.
- Medical Device Patient Record Integration MDPRI – Overview. Challenge translating IEEE 11073 and SNOMED into usable clinical info. Putting together SOWs for an unsolicited proposal – needs to be a funded project.
- Discussion of clinical needs and 11073 mappings to SNOMED/LOINC. Current EHRs don't include 11073 capabilities. 11073 and SNOMED/LOINC camps are apart, with minimal chance of resolution.
- Overview of certification activities for 2014 – 2016. Will send to PCD for review for missing or additional items. Trying to open process more.
- Innovation center vignette – Some funds to do buildouts, think about scenarios
- Approach PCC for domain merger? (ck with Monroe)
- HIMSS/Continua (w/Paul Schluter) Alex will look for more information.

FDA Project for Device Status Reporting during Emergencies (Fuchs/Rhoads)

- Disaster – lose power, patients go to hospitals for power. It would be good for 1st responders to know.
- A solution – deploy tracking device (CMD) tied to existing (?) tracking systems.
- Will set up communication with the group.

Standards coordination/Continua - overview (Paul Schluter)

Adjourn Joint Planning/Technical Committee

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday TC Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Monroe verified that those present were familiar with IHE policy.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

Incoming TC CoChair nominations (Garguilo term complete 1 Sept 2014)

Looking for new cochair. One possible is Al E, looking for more candidates. Send nominations to cochairs and Paul Sherman. Reviewed activities.

Intellectual Property Requirements

WG chairs - recommend reminding Wgs about policy at least 2X/year. May prepare a message to go out as well. May be able to put it on 'front porch' on HIMSS Webex page. Also a template for Webex when starting meetings.

VHA Update (Greg S, Ioana S)

Work for Office of Informatics and Analytics
Goal – maximize impact within resource allocations.
Their focus is on standards, others focused on other activities.
Current activities and planned milestones – may be able to repurpose DCM for FHIR
- Interest in modeling data for use with other standards.
- Device terminology (GMDM) - some discussion with NLM, mapping into other nomenclatures as well. Vivian Auld at NLM is contact.
- Home Telehealth – Fairly urgent need. Looking at error correction mechanisms. Paul Schluter provided background at conference, very helpful. Looked for standards, non exist, time to focus on solutions. Six different home vendors gathering info, nurses will be more assertive on setting times.
- Needed to educate stakeholders about interoperability and standards supporting them.
OSHERA – Allows 3rd party VistA enhancements., current project to enable medical device adaptor.
Highlighted future work
Presentation available on ftp page.

Mapping Consistent Time to other environments (Paul Schluter)

- Medical devices often don't know what time it is. How to improve?
- Struggled to get vendors to buy in. How to make it workable?
- Overview of Continua Guidelines and interfaces
- Very possible to have synchronized time at the aggregation manager (AHD).
- Discussion of infrastructure and legacy systems
- Include definition of Qualified Time, Unqualified Local Time
- AHD requirements – Use Qualified Time, timezone offset, synchronizable
- Two sections – Device and AHD, many based on 11073 standards.
- Created three cases to synchronize as well as discussed timestamp cases.
- Slides available on ftp.ihe.net

2015 NA Connectathon (PCD activities) (Paul Sherman)

Will start review after AAMI meeting.
Please look at your WG's tests and decide if there's any changes or updates needed.

Break for tour of Facility


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- John G confirmed all were familiar with IP process

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

IHE Europe (General Discussion - Growing Interest to do PCD Connectathon)

Several small-medium companies interested in PCD in Europe. Looking for help from US PCD. 3-4 have come here, but then dropped out. Which profiles? DEC and maybe ACM. John R – they are going. Manny; Paul Schluter, GE is going.

FDA UDI and how to integrate into PCD messages (John R/Monroe) slides

Story not quite done. FDA main concern – adverse events, focussed on model, not specific device (DI). For PCD, identifying instances/specific device (PI) Goal: use UDI (DI, PI, etc.) to aid healthcare providers. FDA focused on high criticality devices (implants, etc.) first. Need to look at directionality in our process. Relevant standards: GS1 (basis for bar codes), HIBCC (Health care bar codes). Discussion of GS1 encoding and how it produces delimiters. Can use part of GS1 for our needs. Solution adopted throughout HL7 and IHE? HL7 will need to determine their scope, then ITI, PCD, Pharmacy would apply from there. Not quite finished, Todd may know more. Timetable? Not by FDA or HL7. Which UDIs would be used for gateway systems and integrators? Will discuss during EUI-64 session. Discussion of ID priorities, sub components, gateways and identifiers – UDI, EUI-64, purchase order number, internal ID, etc. Guidance document would be very useful. How about external tag vs. internal ID? So far, FDA is focused on external tags.

Review of ongoing work

- ACM next steps (Monroe) -
Working on spreadsheet collecting raw data. Know several fields, where device comes from, short texts. Looked beyond monitors and pumps, into equipment management, status, battery status, other items. Prepping submissions for IEEE, can't get them there right away. Submit to RTMMS. A work in process; getting hands around it, getting it ready to submit to other groups. ACM in FT, so not a lot to submit. Labs? Expect them to use what we have, not too much they need that ACM doesn't already have. Pretty ready for almost any group to use. Need to use R40? Yes, HL7 required. R-01 already being used, what to do? Perhaps gateways? Should new actor be discussed in TC calls? Yes, eventually.
Alerts and Events worksheets (Monroe P)
- RDQ (John R.)
Inactive last year, likely inactive this year. Can go to back burner until someone shows interest.
- Pulse Oximetry (Ioana, updated on Wednesday)
Need to get her document more aligned with TF formatting. Interest in getting it prepped for certification.
- WCM (Ken F/Bikram/Chris C.)
Capsule and Epic demo'd this year. Some tweaks are needed to get it up to specs. Also want to work on waveform snippets (will need to involve ACM as well) rather than streaming for now (that's what clinicians need 1st). Do we have query for start-end points? No, only from source.
- RTM / RTMMS (Process for standards submission) (Paul Schluter)
Includes a lot of terms in the last year, including ACM, WCM, PIV will be added soon. Added a lot of units. For Personal Health Devices, have taken in a lot of their terms. In pretty good shape, hope to have a draft 10101a standard ready by May. Working on reconciling vent terms, aligning vent terms with 11073-10101a. Down to about 12 terms outside of vent mode. Also cleaning up older terms. Hope to make progress on using RTMMS, which would automate code assignment, rather than assigning by hand. Todd – put in a request to NIST to tag relevant terms automatically, status? John G will check. RTMMS vs. Excel: Spreadsheet still most useful format, would miss this with RTMMS. Still have slight mismatches, would be good to resolve that process in the future. John G: Sounds like you need different kinds of reports to work from. Extensive discussion of what's needed and what's available. 10101b may be more automatable. Need to segregate true 11073 vs. IHE 11073 'type' material. RTMMS needs sole source to pull code numbers (VERY important). Do we expressly state vendor use '0' as a default ref ID, or allow '99999' as a placeholder? Vendor can do anything in the 'private' space, but it doesn't guarantee communication. Chris: Considered legal if vendor sends a vendor-specific code in OBX-3? Would need to provide a table, outside of the scope of standards process. 3rd component needs to be filled as MDC some code from upper 4k or private code. Want to push to official codes. Todd talk to IHTSDO – they have a way to address SNOMED licensing, could provide a mechanism to have it more accessible. Sense of infusion, ACM, WCM terms, do you want to keep terms or merge them? Chris thanked Paul Schluter for all his work on this.
MEM DMC and MEM LS (Monroe P)
Both profiles have trial implementations, he's provided links. Really need sample messages to allow it to go to ballot. Lacking PCD message numbers and OIDS, Now have them. IDCO is there, IPEC is not. Synthesized some message samples. MEM-DMC may need a phase aspect. Will discuss this at MEM-DMC call. DMC is not patient triggered, not a EMR actor, but a CMMS actor. Questions on being conformant with domain model. Have some questions on mapping component info into profiles. Trying to map 11073 observations into an OBX before releasing the profile will take a lot of time and would paralyze the process. Once profiles are out, then they can start inserting new observations.
- MEM-LS
Had a call from Awarepoint, sliding out submission a little. Likely won't go to ballot until after next MEM call. It will be referenced in Ted Cohen's AAMI presentation.
- EUI-64 Identifier Review (Rhoads) slides
OUI address is now MAC-L address, submit to IEEE with $2500. Slightly changed, becomes IPV6 address as well. Current IHE standards, use this or host name. Do we need a CP to tighten up TF and force OUI/MAC-L? Should we include a UDI reference in the same CP? Discussion of aggregators/gateways managing reporting device IDs.
- Registering /Requiring all Connectathon Participants? (All)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday Afternoon

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda continued

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- John G confirmed all were familiar with IP process

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:

FHIR white paper review ( Todd C + C4MI)

-Does this meet our needs, and will start discussions and meetings.
- Todd provided background/overview of the WP. Why it came about, what it does, strengths and limitations. FHIR does not map directly to PCD-01. Questions regarding Alert/Alarm processing (push vs. query) - will be discussed later. Section identifying relations between PCD and FHIR messaging. FHIR will track versioning. Have a simple sequence diagram. In process, will change. Has a sample observation message. Several participants provided feedback.

PCIM glossary Discussion (John R, Doug Pratt)

- Extensive review, some discussion and minor corrections.

Cycle 9 - New CPs

- CP (2 of them) Changes to PCD-03. Change MSH 16 to 'null' from 'NE' and reword as appropriate. Discussion and suggestions. Explanation of current configuration.
- CP097 - How to come up with OBX-4 values and when it may change.
Adding a note explaining OBX-4s are not normative for a parameter (OBX-3). Tried to make it's use simple for sending side. Basic usage is not clear, and what are restraints that keep it from being clear. Willing to strike section mod, and just include clarification. Todd will update and it will be ready for balloting.

Document Source Control? PCD vs. IHE Domain Issue? (Jeff McGeath)

- Versioning – Profiles and transactions
- Profile revisioning
- Viable Options for Source Control (e.g., GitHub, SourceForge, Subversion)
- Proposed/Example System (John R) Version Control and Issue Tracing Presentation
Started last fall. John R usually manages it. Need to look at what we're doing. How can we start versioning some of our profiles? Jeff and Todd discussed, waited for IHE update, no updated. Want to discuss options. John R: Considerations: Low/no cost, Provided slide show. IHE documents have version numbers. we can discuss intermediate versions. ftp not all that helpful. Git has many features, the logic is very unique. Can work independently, then merge back in. Number of good GUIs. Good process to ID and resolve conflicting changes. One command to create a source control directory. Limit of 10 editors on GitHub w/unlimited users. John Demonstrated. GitHub has a rudimentary issue tracking utility, probably not adequate for our needs. Would it work for Action Item tracking? Likely.
- For issue tracking, YouTrack is an option, similar to GitHub. John demo'd. it can be linked to GitHub. No limit to number of tracked items, could use for action items.
- Question: Versioning messages? Could keep running tab on wiki, but reliability would be limited.


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):



Friday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda continued

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- John G confirmed all were familiar with IP process

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:

Profile Migration beyond HL7 2.6 (Monroe + WG Leads)

Migrating items from OBX-18 to PRT-10 as of HL7 2.8. Anything about early adoption? If they adopt early, is it good to identify those items? Suggest balloted statement announcing those changes. Anyone of major issues with 2.8? Not particularly – some international issues.
Recommend moving to 2.8

RTM Discussion (Paul Schluter)

Paul provided presentation (on ftp.ihe.net). Many codes left in SCADA partition. Created 'micro tables' to allow a single area for specific cases (like infant warmers). Potentially 5400 codes in one area, 1000 in another, plenty of space for PCD needs. Created a script to check for open codes. Good to identify the reference (2004, 2014). Intent is to have a list of Ref Codes, IDs and partitions. Good to have independent corroboration by NIST or Philips. John G – that should be in good shape, had worked with Jan on this. Nicolas: Need rules and exceptions - Paul Sc will send. Will always be some hand editing. Use containment and other strategies to accelerate term acceptance. Paul will send XLT to Nicolas.

Meeting with Albert Edwards, Director of connectivity at Cleveland Clinic. Sidney Brown, supervisor of integration project.

Monroe provided IHE overview.
Some discussion of what's needed and where we are.
Frank - 1st time seeing any of this, have a little IHE experience, mostly PCC.

Messages without patient demographics (John R)

- PCIM How far to go on this? White paper on PCIM-DEC series for unkown patient

Improve IHE sites (WWW, Wiki, FTP) (P. Sherman, Manny, Co-Chairs)

- Wiki – Wikipedia trick (Wiki pages needing work – John R created this)
To address: Cochairs address cross group pages (1 per meeting), WGs address their specific wiki pages.
- WWW – Some we maintain, some we contribute to. We generally maintain PCD. Active items more for Wiki than WWW.

F2F Action Item Review

12:00 TC Meeting Adjourned

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Action Items - PC

Ask Vinny about certification vs commercial availability and survey commercially available list to see what is truly available. (Manny) Cochair AI

Contact ECRI to suggest ACM work could be useful to help hospitals comply with JC NPSG 06.01.01 (Monroe) 4/9/14

CP adding Alert receiver between AR and/AM or independently off AR without sending info to others (ie: data mining). Jeff McGeath 4/9/14

CP to Implement reporting device alert list for ACM. Todd 4/9/14

Todd to bring up Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper at next Strategic Planning meeting. May 2014??

Todd will contact Crisi med for any items they have. 4/30/14

Action Items - TC and WGs

Finalize location/dates of fall f2f CoChair AI

Preliminary date and location for Spring 2015 F2F Tentative - Innovation Center Challenge – time to create Cps after F2F.

Provide a link to the long term roadmap (in ftp website) CoChair AI Jeff McG

Work on PCD vignette for Innovation Center (Monroe – to check with Elliot), 4/11/14

Nomination/election of new TC Co-chair (place on PC and TC agendas, no action item)

Increase notification of intellectual property policy. (Paul Sh – work with HIMSS staff for template)

Configure POI document to required format for submission (Ioana)

Chris C. and Bikram discuss needed changes both to WCM and implentation and submit CP. 4/9/14

Todd to update CP097 and submit for balloting

John G. to look at versioning/OIDs (ck for existing Action Item)

Prepare statement recommending moving to HL7 2.8 and present on Wednesday call (Monroe/John G) 4/18/14

Look into tooling to validate 2.8

White paper on PCIM-DEC series to address unkown/no patient challenges. (John R)

Review and reformat ftp site (Jeff McG and Paul Sh)

Wiki page updates: Cochairs address cross group pages (1 per meeting), WGs address their specific wiki pages. Announce at PC and TC calls and add to respective Action Item lists. (Jeff McG)

John G and Jeff McG will send additional

Create a CP to change the language of the TF to say that EUI-64 is required for production systems, and a system under test can use a EUI-64 or a URN.  Get rid of references to DNS (hostnames). Jeff McG

Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC April 9 PCD PC&TC 2014-04-09 Webex

TC April 16, 2014 PCD TC 2014-04-16 Webex , April 30 PCD TC 2014-04-30 Webex and May 21 PCD TC 2014-05-21 Webex

PC April 23, 2014 PCD PC 2014-04-23 Webex