PCD PC&TC 2014 April 1-4 F2F

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 08:48, 7 April 2014 by PaulSherman (Talk | contribs) (Tuesday Afternoon)

Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

Placeholder

Please Note: The Pump WG Meets March 31. The agenda and summary are provided within this F2F Wiki page

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.

Location & General Schedule

Meeting Location
HIMSS Center for Interoperability within the Global Center for Health Innovation located across the street from the Marriott.
Hotel information:
Cleveland Marriott Downtown Key Center, 127 Public Sq. Cleveland Ohio 44114 • 1-216-696-9200
Special rate available until March 17. Please see emails for hotel reservation instructions.
Dates
Pump WG meets Monday, March 31
Planning Committee meets Tuesday, April 1 and jointly with the Technical Committee Wednesday morning.
Technical Committee meets jointly with the Planning Committee Wednesday morning and continues through Friday, April 4.
Daily Schedule - Placeholder
08:00 - 08:30
Meetings will start promptly at 08:30 Eastern Monday through Friday.
08:30 - 10:30 Session #1
11:00 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:00 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4
Friday the meetings will end close to noon

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

Pump WG:


From Fall 2013 F2F:


From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

71. Recruit Clinicians
78. Stakeholder Survey
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
145. Improve FTP Site
152. Conformance testing at hospitals

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

82. PCD OIDs & URNs (Also see # 153)
93. Managing Document Versions
109. Messages Without Patient Demographics
110. WCM Attributes
117. IDCO Time Stamp WP
118. Implementation Guide
136. WCM Parameter List
140. Assemble the Baseline Set of Standards for Easy Reference
141. Create Matrix Matching Profiles to Standards
143. Describe HL7 Version Implications
147. Edit IPEC
150. Seek null flavors in HL7 2.9
152. Improve FTP Site
153. OID Concept Definition (Also see #82)
157. POI Issues
158. POI CPs
159. POI Rosetta Terms
160. CPs from F2F: Discuss and Ballot
161. Connectathon Loss of Connectivity Test
162. Data Capture Indicator
163. Error Codes
164. Increase Testing Rigor
165. Traceability of NIST test tool and the TF/Profile
166. Enhancing Pre-Connectathon Testing
167. Versioning and Archiving
168. Documentation and Testing of Additional Risks
169. Improving Integration Statements
170. Convert IPEC to EC
171. Put list of workgroup leaders on PCD wiki
172. Update Domain CoChair Committee 2014 calendar
173. Stakeholder Survey
174. POI code validation
175. Develop a PCD UDI whitepaper for IHE
176. FHIR device profile
177. Location Services trial implementation
178. MSH-5 and Connectathon
179. IPEC and EC documentation

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/FaceToFaceMeetings/2014-April-Cleveland-F2F/ unless otherwise noted in the summary. Documents are available without a password.

PCD Schedule/Deadline Information: http://tinyurl.com/PCD-Publication-Deadlines, Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Monday - Pump Workgroup

Date Hours Committees Topics
Monday Morning

2014-03-31

08:30 - 12:30 Pump workgroup
  • AGENDA TOPICS
- Pump model and terminology update (Todd)
- 11073-10101a Pump terminology content review and finalization (Todd)
- Terminology - new terms needed for enteral "doses" (Al)
- Terminology - new terms needed for PCA programming (Jeff)
- Insulin pump "schedule" (recipe) object proposal for DIM (Todd)
- IHE Pharmacy workgroup coordination (Todd)
- PIV – CP for PCA support (Jeff)
- PIV – status of HL7 and PCD CP’s for rate change/titration in v2.9; updating profiles to v2.9 (Jeff)
- PIV – Better definition of volume elements and their usage; consider new field for total volume (Jeff, Brian)
- PIV - Better definition of relationship between TQ1 and RXG; is CP needed? (Jeff)
- TF Updates - Vol 2 Appendix E2 and Vol 3 need to be updated (Jeff)
- DEC/IPEC - Need for active channel identifier (Brian)
- DEC/IPEC - CP for OBX-4 Clarification - add language to provide clarity on containment (Todd/Brian)
- DEC/IPEC - Clarify volume reporting for LVP for clinician dose and loading dose (Al)
- DEC/IPEC - PCA device reporting (Group)
- IPEC - usage of "auto program cancelled" event (Al)
  • 12:30 > Lunch
Monday Afternoon

2014-03-31

13:30 - 17:00 Pump workgroup
  • Continue discussions
  • Review of action items
  • Wrap-up


Tuesday April 1, 2014

Quarter Hours Lead Agenda Items
Tuesday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 8:30 > Introduction (PC Cochairs, Monroe Pattillo, Greg Staudenmaier)
- Greeting & Introductions (15 minutes)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (10 minutes)
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
- Review Discussion Summary Last PC Meeting
- PC&TC Mar 26, 2014 PCD PC&TC 2014-03-26 Webex
  • 9:15 > Review Current PCD Program
- ACM (Monroe P)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E, Paul E)
- IPEC (Al E)
- EC (Todd Coop/John R)
- WCM (Ken F)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- RDQ (John R)
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- FHIR (Todd C)
Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Tuesday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 10:30 > Specializations (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- Pulse Oximetry (Detailed as Ioana will not be at TC) (Ioana S)
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • 11:15 > Integration Statement (Monroe P)
- Address Questions posed (Steve Merritt via WebEx)
- Supplement IS's to align with what's commercially available
- Proposal to link to product list? (E.g., list Manny maintains for PCD)
  • 11:30 > Commercial Products (Manny F)
  • 11:45 > Certified Products (Vinny)
- ICSA Report Out
  • 12:00 > AAMI Exhibit hall demo status/update (Manny F)
Lunch 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Tuesday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 1:30 > Cycle 9 Workitems
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- FHIR (Todd C)
  • 2:30 > Review PC action items (Monroe P, Greg S.)
  • 2:55 > PC Co-chair elections (Monroe, Greg)
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Tuesday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 3:15 > ACM and The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal 60101 (Paul Schluter/Monroe)
  • 4:00 > Cycle 10 Work Items (Monroe P)
- Do we need an Alarm Consumer Actor (New)? (Jeff M.)
- Reporting of device alert status (list of active alerts) per ISO/IEEE 11073-10201 (Ken F.)
- Parking Lot Item Review (Monroe, Greg S.)

Wednesday April 2, 2014

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items


Wed Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM Joint PCD Planning and

Technical Committees (PC/TC)

  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 08:45 > Location, Dates of the PCD 2014 Fall F2F
  • 09:00 > Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
  • 09:15 > Review PCD Calendar and Update
- visionary stuff
Break 10:15 - 10:30
Wed Q2 10:30 - 12:30 Joint PCD Planning and

Technical Committees (PC/TC)

  • 10:30 > Center for Medical Interoperability Update (Todd C, Ken Fuchs)
  • 11:00 > HIMSS Update (Alex Lippitt)
- 10:30 > Standards coordination/Continua - overview (Paul Schluter)
- HIMSS/Continua (Paul Schluter)
  • 12:00 > FDA Project for Device Status Reporting during Emergencies (Fuchs/Rhoads)
  • 12:30 > Adjourn Planning Committee
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30
Wed Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • 1:40 > TC Welcome and Agenda Review (John Garguilo, Jeff McGeath)
- Incoming TC CoChair nominations (Garguilo term complete 1 Sept 2014)
- Intellectual Property Requirements
  • 1:45 > VHA Update (Greg S, Ioana S)
  • 2:15> Mapping Consistent Time to other environments (Paul Schluter)


Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Wed Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > 2015 NA Connectathon (PCD activities) (Paul Sherman)
- IHE Europe (General Discussion - Growing Interest to do PCD Connectathon)
  • 4:00 > Break for tour of HIMSS Center for interoperability

Thursday April 3, 2014

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 8:30 > FDA UDI and how to integrate into PCD messages (John R/Monroe)
  • 9:00 > Review of ongoing work
  • ACM next steps (Monroe)
- Alerts and Events worksheets (Monroe P)
  • RDQ (? John Z.)
  • Pulse Oximetry (Ioana, updated on Wednesday)
  • WCM (Ken F)
  • OMS (Ken F)


Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Thursday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 10:30 > Review of On-going work (continued)
  • RTM / RTMMS (Process for standards submission) (Paul Schluter)
  • MEM DMC (Profile, call for sample messages) (Monroe P)
  • MEM LS (Profile. call for sample messages) (Monroe P)
  • 11:45 > EUI-64 Identifier Review (Rhoads)
- Registering /Requiring all Connectathon Participants? (All)


Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > FHIR white paper review (Todd C + C4MI)
  • 2:15 > PCIM glossary Discussion (John R, Doug Pratt)
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > Cycle 9 - New CPs (All/WebEx Attendees)
  • 4:45 > OIDs (New for MEM-LS/DMC)
  • 4:50> Document Source Control? PCD vs. IHE Domain Issue? (Jeff McGeath)
- Profile revisioning
- Viable Options for Source Control (e.g., GitHub, SourceForge, Subversion)
- Proposed/Example System (John R)
  • Versioning – Profiles and transactions


Friday April 4, 2014

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Friday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 8:35 > Profile Migration beyond HL7 2.6 (Monroe + WG Leads)
  • 8:50 > RTM Discussion (Paul Schluter)
- MCDX, MDC Codes
- Process for new codes
- E.g., IHE usage prior to IEEE formal adoption
- Dick Moberg (Moberg Research, Inc.) Brain Activity Work
  • 9:30> Sidney Brown (Manager in the IT Clinical Interfaces and Integration department at the Cleveland Clinic) to meet with the IHE PCD
  • 10:00 > Messages without patient demographics (John R)
Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Friday Q2 10:30 - 12:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 10:30 > Improve IHE sites (WWW, Wiki, FTP) (P. Sherman, Manny, Co-Chairs)
  • 11:15 > F2F Action Item Review (from this week)
  • 12:00 > TC + Meeting Adjournment (Garguilo, McGeath)
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 Manny Furst
  • Box Lunch (if sufficient number of participants on site)
Friday Q3 1:00 - 3:00 PM Working Groups
Separate WG Meetings if needed


Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Webex Support

Webex will be available for those who could not attend in person. The links are provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

All F2F Webex Meetings

To join the audio conference please enter the Webex before calling in order to tie your name to your presence in the meeting; please add your organization in parentheses after your name.
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300

PCD Pump WG Monday Morning

Topic: PCD Pump F2F March 21, 2014 am
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014
Time: 8:15 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 928 258 496
1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=mbef5d8ad70fb4994ec29bc5b8672d2ec
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: PCDmeet1
4. Click "Join".

To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m34d7d0658cb671a591f89d1a3aaad4b0


PCD Pump WG Monday Afternoon

Topic: PCD Pump F2F March 31, 2014 pm
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014
Time: sometime after noon, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 920 956 798
1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=mae64709aa2ee5e37cd40704b4cdb8d26
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: PCDmeet1
4. Click "Join".

To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m3d8a740ed2770d180fad90547847f11f


PCD F2F Tuesday Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 1 Morning
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 322 656

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!):

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=himss&service=1
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:

https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297787&UID=1696226607&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=9ExBG1fFvvGOTRnX/4AaIN5VPUpVr1rOWxYvkjdg1io=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Tuesday Afternoon

Topic: PCD F2F April 1 Afternoon
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 322 656

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297857&UID=1696226862&PW=NZjVjNTExYjhh&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297857&UID=1696226862&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=iAbvFhu8FEftragpALxGE3JNgUYFk6KNiFHGxc-O4qw=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Wednesday Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 2 Morning
LDate: Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 925 288 207

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&PW=NNzdkMjlkMzJl&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297917&UID=1696227262&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=sxQtUdOXXJUWFBivj2Z7hMVWiQJxglzow6ICTgbLrJU=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Wednesday April 2 Afternoon

Topic: PCD F2F April 2 Afternoon
Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 925 288 207

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&PW=NNzdkMjlkMzJl&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240297977&UID=1696227472&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=ZjBC812l4-NVxIsFARrgeuFSBSx2kbsx61LQRBZsJio=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Thursday April 3 Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 3 Morning
Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 947 686

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299372&UID=1696246617&PW=NYjI1NWU0Zjk4&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299372&UID=1696246617&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=8v2bk3fKsNvjcaliaqBjiZzm128wGjHlqkDm6VQbaSs=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Thursday April 3 Afternoon - - REVISED 4/2/14

Topic: PCD F2F Thursday April 3 Afternoon
Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 924 475 547
Meeting Password: PCDmeet1

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m65129c8983a973722442ba1cda8a54f8
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: PCDmeet1
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:

https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=m82027ef218c14012087ea70aa65acc0f

PCD F2F Friday April 4 Morning

Topic: PCD F2F April 4 Morning
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014
Time: 7:15 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 052 999

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?MTID=mbcd8c3cb18afdaeba94fd6dfbdf2c815
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299522&UID=1696247237&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=oC56WWYienDekqlaGBwpxwQpnFSmJPs0oJnzYvSK4Eg=&RT=MiM3


PCD F2F Friday April 4 Afternoon (the F2F ends approximately noon; the afternoon is added only if a specific purpose arises)

Topic: PCD F2F April 4 Afternoon
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014
Time: 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 929 052 999

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&PW=NNzdkMjlkMzJl&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password
4. Click "Join".

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: https://himss.webex.com/himss/j.php?ED=240299567&UID=1696247597&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=8QybluFPb59KpPbzDwXCDjsM0v-/2XG8d1UJJMFZgHc=&RT=MiM3

Participants

Placeholder

Pump WG Meeting Monday


PC Tuesday

On Site:

Remote:

Joint PC, TC Wednesday Morning

On-site:

Remote:

TC Wednesday Afternoon

On-site:

Remote:

TC Thursday

TC Meeting:

On-Site:

Remote:

TC Friday

TC Meeting:

On-Site:

Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.


Tuesday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted: PC/TC Webex minutes


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:

PCD F2F Tuesday April 1, 2014 Introductions

- Those present introduced themselves
- Monroe reviewed the agenda for the PC and Joint PC/TC portion of the meetings.
- Monroe led discussion of the IHE IP policy.

Profile status

- ACM (Monroe P)
- Now in tf, putting together list of alerts/events, to submit to i9eee and messages
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- Some tech issues, cr's related to wx4, want opinions on how to include attributes.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- Making progress, lot of change in group, series of tcons with heart rhythm society. Happy with 1st version of vocabulary. Working on 2nd list of extensions. Sorting priorities with new group. Cda document that records pacer info. Many companies build monitoring systems, coming together well. Todd:- mkt uptake?. Doesn't have numbers Heart rhythm society meets in may, willo have some more info then.
- PIV (Jeff R, Paul E) and IPEC (Al E)
- Refining terminology, very close. Two Cps, one resubmission that needed HL7 adjustment. One to enhance Pt interaction. Paul Sc - Will terms be ready for 10101E? Yes. Calorie was a challenge – many different definitions. Concern that Rosetta has IU terms only, and not all use IUs – will need some work. Clinical use is very fuzzy.
- EC (Todd Coop/John R)
- Question – what do we want to do with events not specific to IPEC? Looking at options, see if IPEC becomes more generic and merge both, splitting pump specific detail out. Will proceed in parallel and harmonize later. Vol 2 will reuse some transactions. Not quite ready yet. Pieces have been tested, could rearrange and pull together IPEC into final text. Monroe – ACM may be able to use EC for comms. Can we get it done for trial impl this cycle? Mostly a resource issue. Some discussion of options.
- WCM (Ken F)
- Static right now, demonstraton at CN with Epic. Hoping will have more participants at next CN. Some interest in ACM, but need more participants. Potential AC interest. Interest from AR's? Demo'd but not official, capability seems available. Paul Sc suggested having an AR with /WCM for NIST testing.
- OMS (Ken F)
- Mary sent a response – she will address it
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Focus on 1010a ballot draft out door, publishing changes to a 10101a. Paper draft circulated, 2 sections still to complete. Working on Vent terms – comparing that groups work with ieee terms to map, clinical rather than equipment terms. Will be informal. Have a comparison – 90 terms overlap, about 12 have some questions. Do that while pump group finishing there work. Next – compiling list of alert and event terms, then vent mode and advanced terms and commands. Tood – fairly successful at working with ipsidoo folks (need letters). Best way to use it going forward and personal device info. Want NIST to support mapping. Alerts and events may need some work.
- RDQ (John R)
- Out there and specified to implement. No one has stepped up to implement yet. If Joint Commision wants to track Alerts, this could be a good tool to implement. Coud be a good FHIR option.
- DPI (John R)
- Moving along, have a lot of activity focussed on 11073. Drager presented using web services. Working through adding web capabilities and MDPnP. Trying to select best options to move forward. Meeting in Phoenix to agree or disagree and move forward. Unsure if MDPnp will be an IEEE or other standard. John G – working on updated DIM model from 11073, focus on getting DIM into new model. Tool vision – a set of 11073 tools to build profiles and a tree implementation.
- PCIM (John R)
- Moving along, recognizing help from Stan, Doug and Chris Courville have helped a lot. Stay tuned for near future excitement. TI exists and is in a working state. Any formal testing in January? Hopeful and possible. Todd – may be a FHIR option for this, would like info to tie them together.Woud other domains benefit? Probably, but need this complete 1st.
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Moving along, have baseline for TI, working on example messages. Working on OIDS, should see ballot soon. Ken have an item tying with Emergency Preparedness – will discuss Wed AM
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- Mostly ready, should prepped for balloting this week.
- FHIR (Todd C)
-Have a detailed proposal for white paper identifying status and how to leverasge in PCD. Have a review Thurs PM to ensure contant answers questions. Proposing a number of additions to support alert comms and device comms. Target: Publish document by June, would then set up work in fall. FHIR tech white paper is on DCC list, mostly for PCD, but little out there has a device focus. Awareness of ACM attributes? Yes, will be conformant with 121, ACM and IEC 60601-a.

Specializations

- Pulse Oximetry (Detailed as Ioana will not be at TC) (Ioana S)
- Looking at terminology. Tried to get vendor feedback. Have some codes and mappings to loinc. Rosetta terms aren't all relevant to pulse ox. Cap spo2 used, but others use arterial. Some vendors want signal in their message – no reference in loinc. Haven't heard a lot of vendor interest. Resp rate is method neutral. Several ways to do resp rate (15). Vendors aren't sending body site with measurements, likely expect it to be added in EMR. Don't plan changes, except to add a table of body sites. Discussion of terms on breaths per minute, labels vs. codes. Will need a CP to implement, get it to the TI for POI and work it out from their. Plans to get it into the Tech fmwrk? Yes – the WG needs to propose it and update the Technical Framework. Start with current Trial Imp form and go from there (it's on the IHE Wiki). Certification would like to work on it as well, but it needs to be in the TF first. Needs to know that timeline (probably due in May). Discussion of process and next steps to prepare it for submission. LOINC requires perfect matches
- Pump (Al E, Paul E, Jeff R.)
- Couple of PCs - Rate change on running infusion, PCA programming and consistent channel numbering during infusion. Consistent channel CP is applied to obx-4, it's general, not pump specific.
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Not much recent activity, awaiting resources to work on.
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
- Lost about 1/3 year on sidestream measurements. Broken vents down into workable portions. Trying to capture as a machine readable document. Hi level question on Word vs. measurable activities. Need to provide a document to move it up the ladder. Will continue fleshing this out. Intent of relationship between vol 3 and documents.

Integration Statement (Monroe P)

- Emphasis on awareness and where it fits. A statement of commitment, no hard obligation to verify/certify.
- Address Questions posed (Steve Merritt via WebEx)
o Supplement IS's to align with what's commercially available
o Proposal to link to product list? (E.g., list Manny maintains for PCD)
- Missing component – commercially available statement from a purchaser perspective. Will be important for purchase what is really available. Integration not really useful for purchaser. The CA list has been reviewed to be actual or near term available. Certificatiion closer yet. User don't really have enough to go on directly yet. Conformance testing not as robust as certification. Need to put certification more on roadmap. Cert has a ways to go, has some verifiable versioning to implemkent. May be able to update PCD 'cookbook' to help purchasers. Even certified isn't necessarily purchasable. Gap in messaging from IHE to purchasing community – nothing available to determine if he can actually buy the device. Suggest to DCC that each domain maintain CA list. Would be easier to keep up. Barrier to certification group requiring commercial availability. Huge difference between what can be certified and demo'd versus what is truly commercially available. Update cookbook and share across domains and DCC?
- Action item: Ask Vinny about certification vs commercial availability and survey commercially available list to see what is truly available. (Manny)
- FDA interoperability list Todd submitted IHE, a reasonable chance of including it.
- IHE list – three columns: Integration Statement, Connectathon, Certified, Available to Purchase.
- Possibility for interoperability center – have a test center to verify connectability.


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Tuesday Afternoon

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Monroe verified that those present were familiar with IHE policy.

AAMI Exhibit hall demo -

- Overview of what all is going on, using fewer big monitors vs. 12 small ones.
- Step visitors through process.
- Step through sample processes for a profile every 3-5 minutes.
- Make it more inviting.
- 12 participating companies, 50 foot booth, paid marketing assistance. Please send infrastructure and staff registration needs to Manny this week. A number of sessions indirectly related, plus one specific PCD session. Take a look at the floor layout for next year options. Will have live RFID demo this year. Let manny know if you're interested next year.
- Discussion of HIMSS showcase. Recommend placing it more central in the showcase. More space behind the walls.

Review Cycle 9 Work Items

- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Lot a lot of detail, trial implementation, ballot will be ready this week. Profile – new actor (CMMS), free to add equipment info to the profile. New kind of consumer (not EMR). Events similar phase to ACM (pump issues for example), hope to re-use attributes.
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
-New source actor and triggers. Embedded RTLS device, can use MEM LS. Need to include more text so people know how to use it properly for different location formats (GPS cartographic, etc.).

Review PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

71. Recruit Clinicians
- What can be done to better involve clinicians? Have approached AAMI and HIMSS.
- Discussion of current HIMSS and AAMI conference activities. Suggest converting to standing agenda item and closing. Add HIMSS, AAMI and periodical to PC agendas and close out. Discussion of reaching to purchasing agents. Closed
78. Stakeholder Survey
- No new info from Barrett. Manny will ask Crystal what next step is.
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee
- Monroe will ping Rikin again
145. Improve FTP Site
- Unsure of rationale for layout. Recommend archiving many older items. Challenge is that the wiki references many of the items. It fits a topic for Thursday afternoon. Likely to roll this into source control work, and will consider PCD independent of PCC direction. Date to be determined.
152. Incoming Inspection at hospitals
- Some interest, no resources assigned. Discuss with Alex Lippitt about using Innovation Center to o something like this. Change title to “Incoming Inspection”
153 – close
155 – Paul will contact Ken Korba again
157 – Include certification and its gaps, move out two weeks.

Infusion pumps

- Extensive discussion of pump variance and how to fit them into the PIV profiles.

VA participation in Connectathon and showcase:

ACM and The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal 06.01.01 (Paul Schluter/Monroe)

Overview of JC NPSG. Phase 1 - ACM work could be useful to help hospitals comply, all essential items of the requirements are in ACM. ACM could also be used for critical patient results. What info do we need to provide to algorithm developers. OBX hierarchy can help combine different parameters to reduce un-needed alarms. Discussion of possible methods to share this information with others. Contact ECRI to suggest this as a solution. Incumbent upon us to reply to and/or pass on articles that could use PCD awareness.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Joint PC and TC

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


IHE 2014 Publication Schedule

-

Review PCD Calendar -

- DOF –
- ACM –
- RTM
- PCIM –
- Content management –

Standards coordination


Health Device Semantics interoperability project.


Wednesday Afternoon

April PC, TC Meeting Schedule (Manny F) –

Stakeholder Survey –

Follow-up on POI


Adjourn Joint Planning/Technical Committee

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday TC Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Monroe verified that those present were familiar with IHE policy.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


Point Of Care issues (Patient ID)/PCIM

Administrative issues –

FDA UDI and how to integrate into PCD messages (Monroe P)

FHIR device profile (Todd)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


Reviewed ongoing work

ACM next steps RDQ – Pulse Oximetry – WCM – OMS RTM MEM DMC MEM LS

Versioning – Profiles and transactions


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_9#Cycle_9_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday Afternoon

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda continued

Action(s):

2 IP
- Chair
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:

PCD Events -

Pump Workgroup updated meeting.

FHIR

PCIM

Location, Dates of the PCD 2014 Fall F2F

Additional meeting: May meet for breakfast at 8 AM tomorrow, if Vinny is available

Technical Committee Meeting adjourned


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Action Items - PC

Action Items will be summarized here

Action Items - TC and WGs

Action Items will be summarized here

Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC April 9 PCD PC&TC 2014-04-09 Webex

TC April 16, 2014 PCD TC 2014-04-16 Webex , April 30 PCD TC 2014-04-30 Webex and 21 PCD TC 2014-05-21 Webex

PC April 23, 2014 PCD PC 2014-04-23 Webex