PCD PC&TC 2011-05-10 to 13 F2F

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:53, 5 May 2011 by John.garguilo (Talk | contribs) (Schedule & Agenda)

Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

This is merely a sketch to start the process -- please enter suggested topics in PCD 2011 Spring Face-to-Face Topic Suggestions

Meeting Objectives

These Springtime face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate overall PCD activities
  • Technical Committee: Review all materials slated for publication in 2011 and resolve any issues so that final editing and publication may proceed.

Some suggested topics for PCD Spring Face to Face

Planning Committee

Suggested topics may be added to PCD 2011 Spring Face-to-Face Topic Suggestions

The Roadmap - is there a disconnect between the roadmap and what participants are really prepared to do?

How much of the way we are organized serves our long-term goals and what can we do about it?

What the heck are our long-term goals, anyway?

Wednesday afternoon(?) we reserve time for Christel Anderson (and maybe me - Jon) to introduce someone from Christel’s patient informatics group and see how her/his HIMSS connections in this area might best be put to use in IHE PCD.

Publicizing PCD to users, vendors.

Recruiting users, vendors.

Setting the date for the Fall 2011 F2F

Technical Committee

Event driven processing: are EMR vendors really interested, what are the generic requirements and the infusion management requirements, should we treat Alarm Communications Management as a special case of event processing?

Asynchronous Data Query - where is it needed, when will clinical information systems be ready to play, what are the real requirements, do we need a phased approach?

Content Profiles and the mythical "volume 3"

Implementation Guides - what should be in them, how should they be organized (and who wants to work on them)

What about OIDs and use of identifying different versions of things (focus on conformance profile used in a cycle, and how subsequent cycles change [e.g., "x" --> "o" at the HL7 component level of a field]and what this means if there are not enough vendors participating as a particular actor for a later version versus an earlier version)?

Point-of-care Identity Management: what are the problems? What can (and should) we say about the solutions?

How much of Medical Equipment Management can we accomplish using existing PCD-01? How much nomenclature do we already have? What do we need to add?

Traceability in PCD-01: MDSes, VMDs, Channels, Device identifiers and metrics, and what can we and EMR vendors do to associate data with sources? Who cares now? Who will care in the future?

Modeling approaches: Clinical Workflows, ICE-PAC and HL7 Detailed Clinical Models for Medical Devices

Are manufacturers going to sign up for system -> device and device <-> device interactions?

Change Proposal Process (Ioana Singureanu)

Schedule & Agenda

Daily Schedule
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at Philips Emergin
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 each day.
08:30 - 10:30 Session #1
11:00 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:00 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4
NOTE: Friday the meetings will end by 15:00.


Date Hours Committees Topics
Tuesday

2011.05.10

08:30 - 17:00 PCD Planning Committee
  • Greeting & Introductions (20 minutes)
  • Review & Approve Agenda (20 minutes)
  • IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
  • Review Current PCD Program:
- Roadmap Review (30 minutes)
- Schedule / Milestones Review (30 minutes)
- Break (15 minutes)
- Current Workitems (15 minutes)
- New Workitems
- Profile Supplements (30 minutes)
- White Papers (15 minutes)
  • Cycle 7 Work Item Ideas (30 minutes)


  • Lunch


- PCD 101
- Education opportunities
- What information are we missing to educate providers?
  • Interop Showcase 2012 planning (30 minutes)
  • Break (15 minutes)
  • VA Update (Ioana/Greg)
  • Overflow discussions (90 minutes)


Wednesday Morning

2011-05-11

08:30 - 12:00 PCD Planning and Technical Committees
  • IHE IP Management Process
  • Web / wiki / FTP Review
  • Review and discuss "time" issues
  • Review and discuss ADQ requirements
  • 11:00 AM - MEM Networked Medical Device proposal (Axel and Steve to webex in)
  • Other business
Wednesday Afternoon

2011-05-11

13:00 - 17:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • IHE IP Management Process
  • TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Garguilo/Rhoads)(10 mins)
  • Are manufacturers going to sign up for system -> device and device <-> device interactions? (Rhoads) (30 mins)
  • Asynchronous Data Query (Khalil - WebEx - John Z.) (30 mins)
- Where is it needed, when will clinical information systems be ready to play, what are the real requirements, do we need a phased approach?
Thursday Morning

2011-05-12

08:30 - 12:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
- Cycle 6 Pre-Connectathon & Beyond... (Garguilo)
- Supporting Tool Update (Garguilo/Sandra Martinez)
  • Implementation Guides (Garguilo)
- What should be in them, how should they be organized (and who wants to work on them)
- Proposed Table of Contents?
Morning Break
  • Modeling approaches (Ioana)
- Clinical Workflows
- ICE-PAC and
- HL7 Detailed Clinical Models for Medical Devices (HL7 Ballot Item)
  • Content Profiles and the mythical "volume 3" (Garguilo/??)
- What is this and what would such a volume contain?
- Is now the right time? Move to the 'Parking Lot'?
Lunch


Thursday Afternoon

2011-05-12

13:00 - 17:00 PCD TC WG Meetings
- What are the problems? What can (and should) we say about the solutions?
  • PIV Update and CP Review/Discussion (Rinda [via WebEx]/Engelbert/Lunde)
  • RTM Update (Schluter)
  • Extra Stuff (to be removed?)
- ?? Conformance vs. V&V Testing (aka V&V & PCD)
- ?? ADT Use Cases and Issues
Friday Morning

2011-05-13

08:30 - 12:00 PCD TC WG Meetings
- Action Item TC 110.
  • What about OIDs and use of identifying different versions of things (Garguilo/PIV WG)
- Focus on conformance profile used in a cycle, and
- How subsequent cycles change [e.g., "x" --> "o" at the HL7 component level of a field]and what this means if there are not enough vendors participating as a particular actor for a later version versus an earlier version)?
Morning Break
  • IDCO Update
- What's new or planned for cycle 6 (Tom Via WebEx)


Friday Afternoon

2011-05-13

13:00 - 15:30 PCD Technical Committee
  • Traceability in PCD-01: (Rhoads / Schluter)
- MDSes, VMDs, Channels, Device identifiers and metrics, and what can we and EMR vendors do to associate data with sources?
- Who cares now? Who will care in the future?
  • Action Items Review (Rhoads/Garguilo)
  • Meeting Recap and Summary (Rhoads/Garguilo/Furst)
- Record To Dos / New Action Items
Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.

Location Information

Philips Emergin
6400 Congress Avenue
Boca Raton, Florida 33487
(561) 361-6990


  • IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Please reserve a place at the table as early as possible so that logistical planning can accommodate your attendance. Send your anticipated arrival and departure dates/times, cell phone number and hotel to Manny Furst. If you would like more information contact Manny.

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting are found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Minutes-and-Meeting-Summaries-Yr6-2011-12/F2F-2011May/ unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Decisions Summary

Next Meeting