PCD PC&TC 2009-09-30 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Joint Meeting, PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please add your suggestions
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex, PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex
- 3. Announcements
- PCD Connectathon Registrations to date
- 4. Oct. 5-9 F2F in Dallas area
- Cycle 5 page has Brief Profile Proposals and Change Proposals PCD Proposals Cycle 5
- - Address John Zaleski's proposal
- - Limited use of Webex
- - Email with logistics sent Saturday
- Next Meetings after F2F - October 14, 21, 28
- 5. Added: IHE International update
- 6. Added: HL7 meeting last week - important issues
- 7. Action Items
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
- Rita Brahmbhatt, Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Sandy Weininger, Scott Zaffrin, John Zaleski, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved with the addition of Update on IHE International and summary of important issues from the Atlanta HL7 Meetings
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings
- PC summary approved unchanged
- TC summary approved with one change: consensus was developed on the choices for organizing the TF.
- Chris Carr posted updates on patent disclosure process. At this point we can use it; it will go to the Board Thursday. We will review these Monday morning. The most significant item is simplification of the form.
- The articles of incorporation have been completed and submitted to Illinois and to the IRS.
4 PCD F2F Next Week
- Manny reviewed Connectathon registration information. Todd requested that he learn the extent of IOP and IDCC participation.
- Manny reviewed F2F registration.
- John Zaleski described his Brief Profile Proposal in detail: the need for integration of data from multiple devices and sources with temporal correlation for those sources which can support this requirement, e.g., most point of care devices. The proposal suggests that data can be synchronized through coordinated reporting (query) so they can, to the extent possible, be simultaneous. Ideally, the data would appear in a single transaction, but that is not necessary to provide the benefits of this integration. It was noted that internal device/gateway delays as well as deliberate processing (e.g., time or parameter averaging) provides some limitations. Paul described time stamps help with data that cannot be aligned, but interpolation will be required. John indicated that a query is useful if the data is outside a time window that is deemed acceptable. John will update and add diagrams.
5 Action Items
- No change
- No change
6 HL7 Meeting Last Week
- Last weeks ATL meetings:
- - Dr ,, (Japan) and Dr. Kwak (Korea) are planning for next year.
- - Alarm Trigger: HL7 provided a positive response, but it will be in 2.8. A provisionary assignment may be available before that. Paul will ask Harry for clarification.
HL7 expressed concern about PCD’s processes. For the most part these were addressed on site. Minutes will be available shortly.
The F2F meetings are next week, October 5-9 PCD PC&TC 2009-10-05 to 09 F2F
The following meeting will be likely be a joint PC and TC meeting on October 14, 2009 PCD PC&TC 2009-10-14 Webex
The next TC meeting will be October ______, 2009 PCD TC 2009-10- Webex
The next PC meeting will be October __ , 2009 PCD PC 2009-10- Webex