PCD PC&TC 2009-09-30 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 12:41, 27 September 2009 by Efurst (talk | contribs) (→‎Discussion: initial prep)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint Meeting, PCD Planning and Technical Committees

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Please add your suggestions

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex, PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex
3. Oct. 5-9 F2F in Dallas area
4. Action Items

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items and PCD Planning Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.



Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Nicholas Steblay, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst


Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair


  • Agenda approved


2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
  • Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings placeholder



3 Announcements
- Chair
  • PCD Connectathon Registrations to date



4 PCD F2F Next Week
- Todd
  • Todd: Cycle 5 page has Brief Profile Proposals and Change Proposals.
  • Logistics
- Limited use of Webex
- Email with logistics sent Saturday
  • Agenda



5 Action Items
- Chairs
  • 60: Update TF -
  • 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
  • 79: Change Proposals -
  • 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
  • 82: OID for PCD -
  • 83: MOUs -
  • 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages -
  • 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
  • 86: Test Tools -
  • 87: IDCO -
  • 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
  • 89: Verify process for “public comment” period -



6 Announcements
- All
  • Technical Framework Architecture Discussion (Cont'd) (Agenda Item 6): Paul: Continua WAN – Randy Carroll and others are working on extensive document mapping to PCD-01. This includes a Rosetta Containment Hierarchy that will address personal care devices as well as more complex devices. A draft will be available on Thursday, Oct. 8 for the Continua meeting. Paul will attend. Paul is also developing a report to HITSP defining the responsibilities of Continua and IHE PCD. Continua will be responsible for mapping their devices. The hierarchy will be a simple dotted notation with co-constraints from RTM and will be machine compatible. PCD TF changes will be required – two transport issues. Continua wants to use web services which will be added to the TF likely as an annex, and MLLP will be specified behind the firewall, and this will be version 2. This use of web services with HL7 v2 is different than other profiles/domains. Ioana noted that HL7 desires to avoid addressing the transport mechanism. Paul responded that web services will provide additional benefits such as security. He indicated this will minimize the options available, benefiting everyone.
  • Optionality: Todd – briefly reviewed PIV optionality – IOC and DOR – will be discussed in more detail in today’s Pump WG meeting.
  • Robert is pulling together a GE WG to analyze PAM-lite requirements. Manny requested other interested companies to send their constraints/requirements to Robert who agreed to pull this together in advance of Tuesday’s Connectathon/Showcase WG meeting and bring it to the Wednesday TC meeting for resolution.
  • Paul reminded the group of the RTM meeting today and the agenda will include the hierarchy described above.
  • ITI-coordination about PAM lite – Manny to attempt a meeting with ITI following Wednesday’s TC meeting.



7 PCD F2F Meeting
- Todd
  • Todd reviewed the F2F agenda. Manny to follow up with Audrey re participation, and coordinate with John D and Lisa in preparation and at the meeting.



Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be September 16, 2009 PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex

The next PC meeting will be September 23, 2009 PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex

The following meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on September 30, 2009 PCD PC&TC 2009-09-30 Webex This will be followed by the F2F meeting the week of October 5 - 9

PCD Home