PCD DPI 2009-08-20 WebEx
IHE PCD Device Point-of-care Integration (DPI) White Paper development discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD DPI White Paper TG
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009
Time: 11:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 120 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone informaiton will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 0. Review previous WebEx discussion notes from 2009.08.06
- 1. DPI Profile in PCD Technical Framework Model Review
- 2. DPI White Paper Draft Review
- 3. ICE Appendix Review
- 4. HITSP Appendix Review
- 5. Planning / Next Session
Attachments / Materials
- (No attachments for this meeting)
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (BSF)
- Participants: Jon Blasingame (Philips), John Garguilo (NIST), Kai Hassing (Philips), Gary Meyer (CareFusion), John Rhoads (Philips), Sandy Weininger (FDA/CDRH)
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda reviewed & modified to focus on the DPI WP discussion slide set.
2 Approval of Discussion Notes
- Reviewed and approved 2009.08.06 Discussion Notes
3 DPI WP Discussion Slide Set Review
- Initial review of the DPI WP Discussion Slide Set (6.5MB!)
- Note: Discussion comments added to slide set in "real-time"
- Question: What is the relationship between home health / Continua and the DPI efforts? (Garguilo)
- DPI materials have always included home health contexts (e.g., see Wittenber IHE Showcase '09 presentation, Slide #2)
- The primary IHE PCD and DPI focus is on professional / clinical health care vs. personal / home health.
- The DPI WP will reflect this focus. For example, the initial DPI profiles & roadmap will focus on clinical scenarios, while at the same time ensuring extension to home contexts as necessary and applicable.
- ICE Draft Review (Rhoads)
- - John provided a review of drafting work he has done on the "ICE" Appendix.
- - Main message should be: DPI supports ICE architectures, starting at the lowest connectivity levels
- - Audience may not have a clue about ICE, so the section should start with a brief overview & references
- - The Appendix should include:
- > ICE Overview / Backgrounder
- > ICE-PAC Overview, process review & sample analyses
- > Specific requirements for the IHE PCD TF, especially DPI profiles
- > Roadmap discussion, correlating with the main Roadmap section earlier in the document
- - Given the potential size of the ICE-related material, this section should provide only general information to achieve the main objective (stated above) and should defer more detailed treatment of the ICE-PAC material to a White Paper or other such document. The main purpose of this WP is DPI, not ICE - so balance in the amount of material should be maintained, while at the same time clearly pointing to the integration of the two efforts.
- - ICE will be mentioned earlier in the document, esp. in the clinical contexts section and the architectures discussion.
5 Next Meeting
- Next meeting: Thursday, 2009.08.27
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 2009.08.27 (120 minutes ... max!)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD DPI TG <TBD>