PCD DPI 2009-02-06 WebEx
IHE PCD Device Point-of-care Integration (DPI) profile development discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD DPI Profile TG
Date: Friday, February 6, 2009
Time: 11:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 120 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone informaiton will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review Agenda
- 2. Review 2009.01.29 Discussion Notes
- 3. Review Cycle 4 Work Plan Schedule (r4)
- 4. Review DPI & DPI-WP wiki pages & editorial schedule
- 5. Review Samples of other IHE WPs
- 6. DPI WP Initial Draft Based on Templates
- 7. DPI WP Scope & Purpose see Detailed Proposal and previous discussion notes
- 8. Agenda for Next Discussion Tuesday 2009.02.10
Attachments / Materials
(See links in the above agenda.)
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (BSF)
- Jon Blasingame (Philips), Kai Hassing (Philips), George Panagiotopoulos (Kaiser Permanente), John Rhoads (Philips), Richard Roa (Respironics), Jan Wittenber (Philips)
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- NOTE: The chair apologizes for the Internet / WebEx logistical issues experienced while the meeting was in progress. We will work to determine the nature of the problem(s) and correct them so as to facilitate future meetings.
- Agenda reviewed and approved
2 Approval of Discussion Notes
- 2009.01.29 WebEx DPI Discussion Notes reviewed and approved without modification.
- The Connectathon Testing v1.6 document (provided by John Garguilo) was reviewed, and it was noted that the TF / Profile map page should be updated (e.g., "PnP" is now DPI...).
3 DPI Status Update
- Reviewed the Cycle 4 Work Plan Schedule (r4), which was developed after the last DPI discussion ( 2009.01.29) to reflect the schedule and work item priorities and was reviewed after being reviewed during the Wednesday IHE PCD TC meeting.
- Reviewed the DPI wiki pages either updated or created to support development of the DPI WP and associated profile supplements. (See general DPI page & DPI-WP page).
- Jan asked whether the DPI page should include a list of participating organizatons, based either on participation in the DPI discussion sessions or that have requested inclusion in the DPI Google Group list server. Discussion participants are indicated on the wiki page for each WebEx session, but there is no general list of DPI organizations that have asked to be included on the GG.
4 DPI WP - Planning
- Question: (from Kai) How much technical specification content is allowed / required to be in IHE WPs? This is especially important given the difficulty in incorporating significant techhnical detail given the short time frame for this Phase I DPI-WP. In general, the WP is focused on establishing DPI scope, framework or roadmap, perspective and high-level technical scope for given integration problems or topical areas; however, technical implementation detail is relegated to the profile supplement documents, which ultimately get integrated into the IHE PCD Technical Framework.
- Jan & Richard indicated the strong need for the white paper to address / overview related standards-based activities related to device connectivity / informatics, and a road map for coordination between these activities. For example, what identified standardization gaps exist, what organization has indicated that it is addressing them, and how that will affect PCD DPI profile development. [Note: These discussions have already been provided for in the DPI Detailed Proposal
- Jan also mentioned the importance of properly scoping the external device control discussion, esp. as to the PCD perspective on the topic and how this relates to current standards / standardization activities and the PCD profile development roadmap.
- Template Discussion:
- The group reviewed some of the IHE templates and published WP documents (see links above in the Proposed Agenda). To kick start development of a first draft DPI WP Word document, Todd will do the following:
- - Use the IHE Profile Supplement Template (v7.1 or proposed v7.2), removing the content that is focused on TF supplements
- - Sync the front matter as appropriate with those from recently published IHE white papers
- - Add core outline from the DPI Detailed Proposal
- - Fold in content from previous DPI discussions ( see links for discussion notes on the main DPI page)
- ACTION: (Cooper) Draft initial DPI WP as indicated above. (Complete)
5 Next Meeting
- Though the next DPI WP meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday 2009.02.10 WebEx, the group discussed a standing meeting for the weeks leading to the pre-HIMSS WP publication.
- DPI WP WebEx weekly discussions should be scheduled for Thursdays @ 08:00 Pacific starting 2009.02.19 through 2009.04.02.
- ACTION: (COOPER) Work with Manny Furst to schedule the upcoming WebEx sessions. (Complete)
NOTE: Next Meeting Tuesday 2009.02.10 WebEx
(Reviewed & approved by PCD DPI TG 2009.02.10)