Difference between revisions of "PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-09-22 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→‎Discussion: Complete the meeting discussion summary)
m (→‎Discussion: correct the location of the information)
 
Line 94: Line 94:
 
| '''Issues and Questions''' <br>- ___
 
| '''Issues and Questions''' <br>- ___
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* Scott asked for the schedule for Showcase planning during the Connectathon. Manny will contact John Donnelly.
+
:* Scott asked for the schedule for Showcase planning during the Connectathon.
:* Manny to check with Steve Moore and John Donnelly to learn if PAM (ITI-30, -31) and PDQ will be available for Connectathon testing, and Showcase demonstration.
+
 
:* Grouped actors - requirements for grouping in DEC, PIV need to be developed.
 
 
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
+
:* Manny will contact John Donnelly to learn about the schedule for Showcase planning during the Connectathon.
 
+
:* Manny to check with Steve Moore and John Donnelly to learn if PAM (ITI-30, -31) and PDQ will be available for Connectathon testing, and Showcase demonstration.
 +
:* Grouped actors - requirements for grouping in DEC, PIV need to be developed.
  
 
|-
 
|-

Latest revision as of 20:56, 22 September 2009

PCD Connectathon & Showcase WG Meeting September 22, 2009

Action Items

You can find the Action Items at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhUkNc_rKDnudFZKVUFrZEZQWmNBcU9RWnhVS0FCenc&hl=en

Agenda

Agendas will be found solely on the main page http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Connectathon%26Showcase_WG_2009-10#August_2009_Meetings.

Participants

Alex Beechie, Ruth Berge, Terry Bettis, Bikram Day, Allen Enebo, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Chad Hays, Sarah Hopkins, Brad Lunde, Michael Rice, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
No changes were made to the agenda

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Review Discussion Summary Status/Discussion:
  • Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


3 Connectathon Planning
-
Status/Discussion:
  • We have a new Google Group for IDCO and they will transition to Webex for their meetings.
  • Grouped actors: Vendors publicizing two actors that are grouped indicate that certain data is electronically transferred from one to the other, without manual action by the clinician. E.g., grouping the DOR actor with the IOC actor means that certain data is transferred from the IOC to the DOR (or vice-versa, as defined in the technical document). If these requirements are not met, they are not grouped. The profiles will need to be updated to reflect this. Testing this year will be updated to reflect this.
  • PCD use of ADT:
- Meetings last week addressed the questions of (1) Light Weight PAM and (2) grouping two actors. A meeting with ITI resulted in a decision to employ PAM (ITI-30 and/or ITI-31) and/or PDQ, as each vendor elects. Steve Moore noted that PDQ provides a snapshot, and if changes are required, the system will need to query periodically. He cautioned against too frequent queries and in a later email (following this WG meeting) suggested this could be done upon request by the clinician.
- Ruth asked if there will be further discussion about PAM, PDQ. Robert responded that there are remaining questions – home health and some unique use cases. Ruth provided an example – what if the DOR and DOC are inconsistent? Ken noted that this is a very good question, and mismatches are likely since the various systems may not use the same ADT approach. Robert will have CPs later this week, but that won’t address the edge cases. Ken will add this to the agenda for the F2F.
  • We will need to develop CPs as we proceed. As noted last week, these will be collected and addressed following the Connectathon. In the interim we need to be sure that all those affected develop a consensus on these and implement the changes in the testing process.
  • Developers were encouraged to post their tested messages on the ftp site; sending system messages in particular will be of value to receiving systems. An ftp folder has been established for these samples, and last year's messages are still available in that folder.
  • NIST provided a summary of their plans and this will be resent in .doc.
  • Registration for Connectathon and Showcase is open until the end of the month
- Companies were requested to update the spreadsheet listing the Participating Companies and Profiles/Actors
- Correction - companies NEED NOT be IHE members
- We still have time to recruit additional companies as full participants and recruiting for New Directions. We are especially interested in ACM vendors (for AM to AC and AC to AM messages).
  • Newcomers are required to participate in an Engineering Interview others may optionally elect to have this meeting. Those interested should contact Manny to schedule.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Showcase Planning
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • HIMSS wants to emphasize ARRA and HITSP applicability. For PCD they would like interaction with other domains.
  • Manny met with John Donnelly and representatives of Continua this morning. Briefly, we may see:
- Collaboration with Continua with data from a (possible) diabetic with congestive heart failure (CHF) whose data will be sent to the ER
- Continua wants to emphasize that data sent from home (e.g., same patient) from scale, glucometer, SpO2/heart rate and blood pressure, to a disease management company would enable physician to make a change and keep the patient from needing to go to the ER.
  • Developers were reminded that marketing people will be receiving material from HIMSS.
  • Discussion of the Showcase is a significant part of the F2F meeting. Developers were encouraged to update the spreadsheet to help us prepare for the Showcase discussion with information about the number of systems that will participate with specific actors.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Action Items
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny led discussion of significant items on the list, and the following are worth noting:
- Deadlines (see Google Doc or the Excel spreadsheet). The October date for the Virtual Connectathon is a placeholder, with an eye to doing everything possible in advance of the holidays, given the early January Connectathon date. Tentatively, we should consider that we will use the NIST test tool at about, or shortly after the MWB tests. Al Engelbert and others noted that the PAM and PDQ tests require MESA test tools; these are tested with tests provided by Steve Moore. The CT test does not require MESA test tools.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Issues and Questions
- ___
Status/Discussion:
  • Scott asked for the schedule for Showcase planning during the Connectathon.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny will contact John Donnelly to learn about the schedule for Showcase planning during the Connectathon.
  • Manny to check with Steve Moore and John Donnelly to learn if PAM (ITI-30, -31) and PDQ will be available for Connectathon testing, and Showcase demonstration.
  • Grouped actors - requirements for grouping in DEC, PIV need to be developed.
7 New Business
- All
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Return to main WG page which has links to individual meeting pages

Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2009-10