PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-03-04 Webex
PCD Connectathon & Showcase Regularly Scheduled Meeting
- from February 11, 2009
Due Dates and Item:
- Feb. 11: (Manny) Update on ADT/patient-visitor id and association with systems. Need to resolve the bar code unnecessary characters to make this workable. Registration system will be solely for the Showcase, with 300-500 visitors.
- Mar. 4: (John Garguilo) Updates on how RTM will be tested - likely after the Connectathon.
- Mar. 4: (Todd) Define contents of fourth wall, provision of monitors, laptops, keyboards, mice.
- Mar. 4: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
- Mar. 4: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario - schedule next run through
- Mar. 4: (Ken) Update block diagram - in process.
- Mar. 4: Change proposal to PIB for ADT in PIB option.
- Action Items
- Lessons learned leading up to and through the Connectathon
- Pre-Connectathon process and tests
- Virtual Connectathon process and tests
- Connectathon process and tests
- Change proposals
- Issues and questions about:
- HL7 coding
- - EUI-64
- RTM update
- NIST validation of RTM
- Showcase Planning
- Scenario update
- - Parameter identification, values
- System Assignments - identifying your partners
- - Shared equipment list - monitors, IV poles
- Docents - to provide one docent for each wall we need more docents
- Dress at the Showcase - role play?
- Showcase Internet connections
- Showcase wireless availability (802.11 a/b/g?)
- Showcase Rehearsal at the Connectathon
- Showcase Structure
- - Drawings
- - Logos
Rita Brahmbhatt, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Chad Hays, Sarah Hopkins, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda was accepted
2 Action Items
Those discussed and due were:
- Revised approach to the scenario and story line - Review and discussion went very well last week. Continued effort to identify their partners and refine, define parameters and values to be transmitted/displayed.
- - We will review the script as the last item on next week's meeting agenda. The meeting will likely run longer.
- The Showcase registration process - We await John Donnelly's update on bar code issues, and visitor number type size, and an update from GE regarding the medical record system
- NIST support of PCD profile validation - No new information
- PCD structure at Showcase - Manny will update the drawings of the walls.
- New Directions wall - Need to determine if PPT presentations on monitors or signs will be used, and to define signs and banners.
- PCD Docent training - Bikram recommended that docents support one wall, not three. This triples the number of docents required. Manny will increase recruiting. A date will be set for a webinar for Docent training.
- Showcase block diagram - Epic has been removed. The GE medical record system hopefully will remain.
- Change proposal to PIB for ADT in PIB option and any other CPs.
Items with other dates:
Those closed were:
- MAC Addresses - Closed.
- Virtual Connectathon - Closed.
- As above.
3 Lessons Learned
- Discussion of lessons learned throughout the entire process, including Pre-Connectathon and Virtual Connectathon processes and tests. Additional comments/suggestions are requested and then the list will be posted to the ftp site.
4 Connectathon Planning
- HL7 coding
- - EUI-64 - Manny will contact Paul to follow up.
- - NIST validation of RTM - Deferred until NIST provides an update.
5 Showcase Planning
- Status report - In addition to items discussed above.
- - Shared equipment list - monitors, IV poles - participants were encouraged to verify arrangements
- - Dress at the Showcase - role play?
- - Showcase Internet - wireless availability is only 802.11 b/g, no a.
- - Showcase Schedule, including rehearsal at the Connectathon - Friday set up, followed by rehearsal
- - Showcase Structure - participants indicated they are familiar with the information provided to date.
Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9