PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-01-14 Webex
PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG
- Updated from Jan. 7
Due Dates and Item:
- Open Date: Monitor registrations are provided periodically.
- Jan. 7: (Manny) Update on ADT/patient-visitor id and association with systems. Focused meeting, include diagram and other information to be provided.
- Dec. 23: (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view.
- Identify overarching message (e.g., patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
- Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
- Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
- Jan. 14: Zebra has agreed to provide printers. We need to decide between two suggested models.
- Jan. 14(John Garguilo): Continue to provide updates on how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
- (Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Vendors will provide their own approach to bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients and caregivers.
- Jan. 14(Manny) Created Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Will eventually include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
- Jan. 14(Bikram, Rita/Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware, the coding of parameters, identifying partners for testing and demonstration.
- Jan. 14(Manny) Coordinate ADT testing (Virtual and Connectathon) with Bill Klaver, coordinate with Steve Moore, John Donnelly, seek a backup system.
- Jan. 14(Brett) Update name for alarm product
- Jan. 14 (All) Confirm structure diagrams and utilities
- Jan. 14: (Todd) Define contents of fourth wall
- Jan. 6: (Manny)Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
- Jan. 6?: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
- Jan. 14: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario
- Jan. 14: (Ken) Update block diagram with locations of SIS, Cerner, Capsule
- Jan. 14: Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
- Jan. 19-30: Virtual Connectathon (tentative deadline for completion; partners may test anytime before this)
- Action Items
- Issues and questions about:
- The MWB
- Kudu, Connectathon, Showcase
- - When will results be posted to Kudu?
- - PAM, PDQ for PCD alone - see the DOR tests; for complete PAM, PDQ see MESA tests
- - MRNs may be alpha
- - Review discussion with John Donnelly, including Kiosk (printer, laptop), preload visitor data (DOB), etc.
- Report any discrepancies on tests listed for your systems to Manny
- Connectathon Planning
- Status report on Test Case development for Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, Connectathon
- - DEC - minor changes to come
- - ACM - meeting on Thursday
- - PIV - updated version posted
- - RTM -
- - Watch emails for additional changes
- Decision on which tests to use for Virtual Connectathon and Connectathon
- Scheduling the Virtual Connectathon
- NIST validation of RTM:
- Showcase Planning
- Scenario update
- -Wiki page for Scripts
- Showcase Structure
- - Drawings, only minor changes are required
- - Utilities (electric, network)
- - Physical requirements (size, mounts if larger, etc)
- - Logos -
- - Signs thanking supporters
Rita Brahmbhatt, Dan Bowling, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Brett Cohen, Robert Cuyugen, Al Engelbert, Brian Fors, Chad Hays, Sarah Higgins, Brad Lunde, Monroe Pattillo, Robert Flanders, Kristina Wilson, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- No changes
2 Action Items
- ADT for PCD:
- - John Donnelly will address this as part of the Showcase focused portion of next week's meeting.
- - Manny will check with Bill Klaver, John Donnelly, and Steve Moore to assure that an A04 will be available this year
- - A change proposal is indicated and is separately identified as an action item below.
- Manny will submit details of the PCD Scenarios to John Donnelly. For those not available, at least minimal scripts were requested by Friday.
- Ruth will provide a Postscript printer to be placed on the kiosk. Manny will ask Colin FX if he can use the same printer, removing the need for the Zebra printers on the clinical walls.
- Developers were asked to review and complete the data in a spreadsheet that identifies the actors and potential partners for the Connectathon.
- Any missing data for electrical and network availability is welcome for confirmation of the requests that have been submitted.
- Preliminary concepts for the New Directions wall include RTM graphics and three profiles (MEM, DPI, ACM AC actor).
- We will schedule a separate meeting to exercise the scripts.
- Volunteer docents were invited to assure that PCD can conduct all possible tours in order to provide PCD members with maximum visibility.
- Manny will ask Steve for a deadline for MAC addresses.
- Several members (Al, Brett, Cerner (ACM) and Monroe) are ready to begin Virtual Connectathon activities. Developers are confident that they will complete Pre-Connectathon testing next week and most will be able to conduct Virtual Connectathon testing. Those who won't be inhibited by a firewall are confident they will be complete the Virtual Connectathon by February 6. Participants are asked to test with two partners and send emails describing their success to the project manager. Results are not posted in Kudu.
- Cerner proposed to provide bed alarm data in the Step Down area. Manny will learn if this can be added.
Due dates can be found on the Jan. 21 meeting page.
Those closed were:
- Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers - the Showcase handout may address this.
- As above.
3 Issues and Questions
- Robert noted that the MWB may take 3 to 5 seconds to validate messages. His system will resend the data if an acknowledgement is not received in less time. Brett indicated that the size of Robert's messages is consistent with taking that length of time for MWB validation.
- Al described the issues surrounding the ADT messages for PIB – the spec calls out ITI-30. One set uses A28, A31, the other has other. None include A04. Last year PCD systems could handle A04 and the Showcase had this available. PIB could be edited to include ITI-31. Someone compliant with PIB may not be able to handle the A04. Cerner doesn’t support A04, but isn’t testing PIB or ADT this year. Manny will check with Bill Klaver, John Donnelly, and Steve Moore to be sure A04 will work this year. A CP is indicated.
4 Connectathon Planning
- DEC and PIV tests are essentially completed. Minor changes have been shared via emails and will be incorporated into the next versions. A meeting is scheduled for tomorrow to review the ACM tests. An update will follow.
- Test case development:
- -DEC - Tests were updated recently and minor changes have been sent by email since then.
- -ACM - Meeting tomorrow to review, identify and address any issues.
- -PIV - Tests were updated recently and minor changes have been sent by email since then.
- -RTM - John Garguilo was not available.
- Virtual Connectathon
- - Will begin as noted above.
Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9