PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-01-07 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:52, 7 January 2009 by Efurst (talk | contribs) (→‎Action Items: update with December info)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG

Action Items

Due Dates and Item:

  • Open Date: Monitor registrations for various actors. The next update will be available soon.
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Update on ADT/patient-visitor id and association with systems. Focused meeting, include diagram and other information to be provided.
  • Manny will contact John Donnelly to learn if HIMSS Convention Registration will include an MRN barcode, what the barcode standard will be
- Ruth asked if GE Enterprise and Epic would provide ADT messages to PCD systems that can use ADT.
- Ruth raised questions about associating devices and systems, and how patients are admitted/discharged or removed. This year one patient may start, another end on a given wall. The data from the first clinical site the visitor attends must flow from that area to the next.
- Al suggested that a visitor be registered at the Showcase, and that Epic, GE re-register them on the global ADT system and PCD systems can listen to that updated registration.
- Location information may or may not be required by any system, even if there is a workaround required. Systems will have only one bed, one patient at a time.
- Patient would be registered by Ruth or Colin and they would create a subset with a separate feed for PCD available to and Cerner and Epic
- Manny to ask John Donnelly again about registration – will it be all HIMSS registrations or just Showcase.
- Manny to schedule another meeting to resolve remaining issues.
  • Dec. 23: (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view.
  • Identify overarching message (e.g., patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
  • Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
  • Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
  • Jan. 7: Zebra has agreed to provide printers. We need to decide between two suggested models.
  • Jan. 7: (John Garguilo): Continue to provide updates on how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
  • (Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Vendors will provide their own approach to bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients and caregivers.
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Created Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Will eventually include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
  • Jan. 7: (Bikram, Rita/Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware, the coding of parameters, identifying partners for testing and demonstration.
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Coordinate ADT testing (Virtual and Connectathon) with Bill Klaver, coordinate with Steve Moore, John Donnelly, seek a backup system.
  • Jan. 7: (Brett) Update name for alarm product
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Update structure diagrams with SIS, other, and printers
  • Jan. 6: (Todd) Define contents of fourth wall
  • Jan. 6: (Manny)Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
  • Jan. 6?: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
  • Jan. 6?: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario
  • Jan. 14: (Ken) Update block diagram with locations of SIS, Cerner, Capsule
  • Jan. 14: Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
  • Jan. 19-30: Virtual Connectathon (tentative deadline for completion; partners may test anytime before this)


Action Items
Issues and questions about:
  • The MWB
  • HL7
  • Kudu
- PAM, PDQ for PCD alone - see the DOR tests; for complete PAM, PDQ see MESA tests
- MRNs as numeric or alpha
  • Visitor/patient; second special meeting
  • Report any discrepancies on tests listed for your systems to Manny
Connectathon Planning
  • Status report on Test Case development for Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, Connectathon
- DEC - revised 2008 version
- ACM -
- PIV -
- RTM -
  • Decision on which tests to use for Virtual Connectathon and Connectathon
  • Scheduling the Virtual Connectathon
  • NIST validation of RTM

Showcase Planning

  • Scenario update
-Wiki page for Scripts
  • Showcase Structure
- Drawings, only minor changes are required
- Utilities (electric, network)
- Physical requirements (size, mounts if larger, etc)
- Logos -
- Signs thanking supporters

12 Special Meeting on Visitor/Patient Registration

13 Eleventh meeting PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2008-01-14 Webex PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-01-14 Webex


PLACEHOLDER from Dec. 10

Anupriyo Chakravarti, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Brian Fors, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Colin FX Gartska, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Manny Furst


Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Manny



2 Action Items
- Manny

Those discussed and due Dec. 17 were:

Items with other dates:

Those closed were:



  • As above.
3 Issues and Questions
- Manny



4 Connectathon Planning
- Manny
  • Test case development:
-DEC -
-ACM -
-PIV -
-RTM -
  • Virtual Connectathon



Return to main WG page which has links to individual meeting pages

Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9