Difference between revisions of "PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-01-07 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→‎Agenda: add items)
(→‎Discussion: Discussion summary completed)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 77: Line 77:
  
 
== Participants ==
 
== Participants ==
'''PLACEHOLDER from Dec. 10'''
 
  
Anupriyo Chakravarti, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Brian Fors, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Colin FX Gartska, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Manny Furst
+
Ruth Berge, Bikram Day, Dan Bowling, Rita Brahmbhatt, Brett Cohen, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Biran Fors, John Garguilo, Colin FX Gartska, Chad Hays, Brad Lunde, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
 +
 
 +
Guest: John Donnelly
  
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
''' Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting
+
''' Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting'''
 
:
 
:
  
Line 95: Line 96:
 
| '''Introductions & Agenda Review''' <br>- Manny
 
| '''Introductions & Agenda Review''' <br>- Manny
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:  
+
: John Donnelly participated to discuss ADT issues. This was the first order of business.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 103: Line 104:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 2
 
| align="center" | 2
| '''Action Items''' <br>- Manny
+
| '''ADT Planning''' <br>- Manny
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
+
:* HIMSS will place an MRN bar code and visual ID on the badge. The group requested code 128.
Those discussed and due Dec. 17 were:
+
:* The ADT system will support any system that wants it. John said the electronic ADT system can include other defined information such as DOB, infusion order, summary record.
:*  
+
:* HIMSS is trying to have one large registration system for all who attend the meeting. John suggested having a PCD registration kiosk where only the PCD visitors would be entered. This would trigger a second instance of the database that would provide PAM and PDQ for PCD. This kiosk might also provide the location for the IHE video presentation. The PCD docent will use the visitor's badge to register the patient. Ruth is thinking of providing a Postscript printer located on the kiosk to meet her needs for bar code for the BCMA. That will be a unique order number ("give code").
:
+
:* John asked about the need to have only patient on each wall at a time. We need to include something to avoid having to discharge the patient.
Items with other dates:
+
:* PCD systems may use the visitor's badge as the link to the ADT system, whether they have direct access to the ADT system or not.
:
 
Those closed were:
 
:*
 
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''  
Line 118: Line 116:
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
:* As above.
 
:* As above.
 +
  
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 3
 
| align="center" | 3
| '''Issues and Questions''' <br>- Manny
+
| '''Action Items''' <br>- Manny
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:*
 
  
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:* Participants were reminded to provide Scenario Scripts. We will be defining the sequence of presentations in detail for John Donnelly.
 +
:: - HIMSS will print a playbill or similar document (see last year's as an example) and we will need to have a summary of our Scenario.
 +
:* John Garguilo requested updated MWB profiles from anyone who may be able to contribute to the development of the validation tool. He will arrange a time next week for conferencing with Pete Rontey. At this time no formal MWB profiles exist for ACM or PIV. Monroe pointed out that content of messages will depend upon sample messages from ARs since the parameter and workflow messages must be defined by them. Monroe referred to a descriptive email. John Rhoads offered to work on this. Al will update the PCD-01 profile and share that with Pete. John will speak with Todd about finding someone to take the supplements and generate MWB profiles.
 +
:* Updated structure diagrams and utilities were distributed. Manny estimated requirements for those who hadn't provided their data and they were asked to send the information.
 +
:* Participants were asked to review the Action Items for relevant issues and address those not discussed.
 +
:* Dates will be extended.
 +
Items with other dates:
 +
:
 +
Those closed were:
 +
:* Portions of the ADT issue, as above.
 +
 
 +
'''Decisions/Issues:'''  
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 +
:* As above.
  
 +
|-
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 4
 
| align="center" | 4
Line 134: Line 145:
  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:*
 
 
 
:* Test case development:
 
:* Test case development:
:: -DEC -
+
:: - Participants were requested to provide feedback on the tests distributed this week.
:: -
+
:: - DEC - distributed before the holidays, minor updates from last year's tests
:: -ACM -  
+
:: - ACM - if a focused discussion is desired it will be scheduled
:: -PIV -  
+
:: - PIV - discussion yesterday will produce a revised document
:: -RTM -  
+
:: - RTM - as above
  
 
:* Virtual Connectathon
 
:* Virtual Connectathon
:: -
+
:: - No indication of readiness was available.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''

Latest revision as of 22:01, 7 January 2009

PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG


Action Items

Due Dates and Item:

  • Open Date: Monitor registrations for various actors. The next update will be available soon.
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Update on ADT/patient-visitor id and association with systems. Focused meeting, include diagram and other information to be provided.
  • Manny will contact John Donnelly to learn if HIMSS Convention Registration will include an MRN barcode, what the barcode standard will be
- Ruth asked if GE Enterprise and Epic would provide ADT messages to PCD systems that can use ADT.
- Ruth raised questions about associating devices and systems, and how patients are admitted/discharged or removed. This year one patient may start, another end on a given wall. The data from the first clinical site the visitor attends must flow from that area to the next.
- Al suggested that a visitor be registered at the Showcase, and that Epic, GE re-register them on the global ADT system and PCD systems can listen to that updated registration.
- Location information may or may not be required by any system, even if there is a workaround required. Systems will have only one bed, one patient at a time.
- Patient would be registered by Ruth or Colin and they would create a subset with a separate feed for PCD available to and Cerner and Epic
- Manny to ask John Donnelly again about registration – will it be all HIMSS registrations or just Showcase.
- Manny to schedule another meeting to resolve remaining issues.
  • Dec. 23: (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view.
  • Identify overarching message (e.g., patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
  • Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
  • Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
  • Jan. 7: Zebra has agreed to provide printers. We need to decide between two suggested models.
  • Jan. 7: (John Garguilo): Continue to provide updates on how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
  • (Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Vendors will provide their own approach to bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients and caregivers.
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Created Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Will eventually include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
  • Jan. 7: (Bikram, Rita/Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware, the coding of parameters, identifying partners for testing and demonstration.
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Coordinate ADT testing (Virtual and Connectathon) with Bill Klaver, coordinate with Steve Moore, John Donnelly, seek a backup system.
  • Jan. 7: (Brett) Update name for alarm product
  • Jan. 7: (Manny) Update structure diagrams with SIS, other, and printers
  • Jan. 6: (Todd) Define contents of fourth wall
  • Jan. 6: (Manny)Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
  • Jan. 6?: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
  • Jan. 6?: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario
  • Jan. 14: (Ken) Update block diagram with locations of SIS, Cerner, Capsule
  • Jan. 14: Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
  • Jan. 19-30: Virtual Connectathon (tentative deadline for completion; partners may test anytime before this)

Agenda

Action Items
Issues and questions about:
  • The MWB
  • HL7
  • Kudu, Connectathon, Showcase
- PAM, PDQ for PCD alone - see the DOR tests; for complete PAM, PDQ see MESA tests
- MRNs as numeric or alpha
- Questions raised for John Donnelly
  • Visitor/patient; second special meeting
  • Report any discrepancies on tests listed for your systems to Manny
Connectathon Planning
  • Status report on Test Case development for Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, Connectathon
- DEC - revised 2008 version
- ACM -
- PIV -
- RTM -
  • Decision on which tests to use for Virtual Connectathon and Connectathon
  • Scheduling the Virtual Connectathon
  • NIST validation of RTM

Showcase Planning

  • Scenario update
-Wiki page for Scripts
  • Showcase Structure
- Drawings, only minor changes are required
- Utilities (electric, network)
- Physical requirements (size, mounts if larger, etc)
- Logos -
- Signs thanking supporters
Timeline

12 Special Meeting on Visitor/Patient Registration

13 Eleventh meeting PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2008-01-14 Webex PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-01-14 Webex

Participants

Ruth Berge, Bikram Day, Dan Bowling, Rita Brahmbhatt, Brett Cohen, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Biran Fors, John Garguilo, Colin FX Gartska, Chad Hays, Brad Lunde, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Guest: John Donnelly

Discussion

Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
John Donnelly participated to discuss ADT issues. This was the first order of business.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 ADT Planning
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • HIMSS will place an MRN bar code and visual ID on the badge. The group requested code 128.
  • The ADT system will support any system that wants it. John said the electronic ADT system can include other defined information such as DOB, infusion order, summary record.
  • HIMSS is trying to have one large registration system for all who attend the meeting. John suggested having a PCD registration kiosk where only the PCD visitors would be entered. This would trigger a second instance of the database that would provide PAM and PDQ for PCD. This kiosk might also provide the location for the IHE video presentation. The PCD docent will use the visitor's badge to register the patient. Ruth is thinking of providing a Postscript printer located on the kiosk to meet her needs for bar code for the BCMA. That will be a unique order number ("give code").
  • John asked about the need to have only patient on each wall at a time. We need to include something to avoid having to discharge the patient.
  • PCD systems may use the visitor's badge as the link to the ADT system, whether they have direct access to the ADT system or not.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • As above.


3 Action Items
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Participants were reminded to provide Scenario Scripts. We will be defining the sequence of presentations in detail for John Donnelly.
- HIMSS will print a playbill or similar document (see last year's as an example) and we will need to have a summary of our Scenario.
  • John Garguilo requested updated MWB profiles from anyone who may be able to contribute to the development of the validation tool. He will arrange a time next week for conferencing with Pete Rontey. At this time no formal MWB profiles exist for ACM or PIV. Monroe pointed out that content of messages will depend upon sample messages from ARs since the parameter and workflow messages must be defined by them. Monroe referred to a descriptive email. John Rhoads offered to work on this. Al will update the PCD-01 profile and share that with Pete. John will speak with Todd about finding someone to take the supplements and generate MWB profiles.
  • Updated structure diagrams and utilities were distributed. Manny estimated requirements for those who hadn't provided their data and they were asked to send the information.
  • Participants were asked to review the Action Items for relevant issues and address those not discussed.
  • Dates will be extended.

Items with other dates:

Those closed were:

  • Portions of the ADT issue, as above.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • As above.
4 Connectathon Planning
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Test case development:
- Participants were requested to provide feedback on the tests distributed this week.
- DEC - distributed before the holidays, minor updates from last year's tests
- ACM - if a focused discussion is desired it will be scheduled
- PIV - discussion yesterday will produce a revised document
- RTM - as above
  • Virtual Connectathon
- No indication of readiness was available.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Return to main WG page which has links to individual meeting pages

Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9