PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2008-12-17 Webex
PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG
Due Dates and Item:
- Open Date: Monitor registrations for various actors. The next update will be available soon.
- Dec. 17: (Manny) Summarize focused meeting, include diagram.
- Manny will contact John Donnelly to learn if HIMSS Convention Registration will include an MRN barcode, what the barcode standard will be
- Dec. 17: (Bikram) Now unlikely to have bidirectional distributed demo - pushing data in from their booth to the demo.
- Dec. 17: (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view.
- Identify overarching message (e.g., patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
- Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
- Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
- Dec. 17: Datamax and Zebra have been approached. Zebra appears willing. Manny to talk with them about bar code printers again after today's meetings.
- Dec. 17 (John Garguilo): Continue to provide updates on how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
- Dec. 17: (Manny) Created Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Will eventually include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
- Dec. 17: (Bikram, Rita/Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware
- Dec. 17: (Moved) (Manny) Coordinate ADT testing (Virtual and Connectathon) with Bill Klaver, coordinate with Steve Moore, John Donnelly, seek a backup system.
- Dec. 17:(Brett) Update name for alarm product
- Dec. 17: (Manny) Update structure diagrams with SIS, other, and printers
- Jan. 6: Define contents of fourth wall
- Jan. 6:(Manny) Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
- Jan. 6?: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
- Jan. 6?: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario
- Jan. 13: (Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Vendors will provide their own approach to bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients and caregivers and will share with partners needing this information for the Virtual Connectathon and later activities.
- Jan. 13: (Ken) Update block diagram with locations of SIS, Cerner, Capsule
- Jan. 14: Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
- Jan. 19-30: Virtual Connectathon (tentative deadline for completion; partners may test anytime before this)
- Action Items
- Issues and questions about:
- The Trial Implementation version of any profiles
- Registration update; PIV registrations of DEC as option or full listing
- The MWB
- -Version 2.6 vs 2.5
- -PAM, PDQ for PCD alone - see the DOR tests; for complete PAM, PDQ see MESA tests
- Visitor/patient, caregiver, device ID; follow up to last week's special meeting if necessary
- Report any discrepancies on tests listed for your systems to Manny
- Connectathon Planning
- Status report on Test Case development for Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, Connectathon
- -DEC - revised 2008 version out for review for Pre-Connectathon, Connectathon tests
- Decision on which tests to use for Virtual Connectathon will follow
- -ACM - concept out for review
- -PIV - concept has been reviewed, request drug information
- -RTM - NIST
- Will be entered into Kudu ASAP for Pre-Connectathon and Connectathon testing
- -Virtual Connectathon testing is separate from these
- Showcase Planning
- Scenario update
- - Wiki page for Scripts
- - Ruth's questions; can we use the patient's name, sex and preload other data?
- Showcase Structure
- - Drawings, only minor changes are required
- - Utilities (electric, network)
- - Physical requirements (size, mounts if larger, etc)
- - Logos - one per company - which sides?
- Pumps: KVM or no KVM swithces
- Fourth Wall - what will we do with it?
- Next Meetings
Ruth Berge, Rita Brahmbahtt, Brett Cohen, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Chad Hays, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Manny Furst
Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Action Items
Those discussed and due Dec. 17 were:
Items with other dates:
Those closed were:
- As above.
3 Issues and Questions
4 Connectathon Planning
- Test case development:
- -DEC -
- -ACM -
- -PIV -
- -RTM -
- Virtual Connectathon
Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9